Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,596 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Guys - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys (4431 Views)

Poll: Glasses on a a lady

Bleh: 4% (4 votes)
Cute: 25% (22 votes)
Decent: 28% (25 votes)
Not my type: 16% (14 votes)
Sexy: 25% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys by Greenpro: 9:35am On Aug 04, 2011
great
Re: Guys by 4reigningqueen: 9:45am On Aug 04, 2011
Bukittes:

I grew up believing that anyone who wears med. glasses must be a brain, not until I got into Secondary school and met this lady who wore pretty glasses, looked so pretty in them, looked very smart in her gait but a big d.u.l.l.a.r.d!! I changed my viiew pronto! But right now I have a very cute friend who uses med. glasses, she is cute in them and she is seriously intelligent! Seun O, this is to u gurl with much love.
can i meet her
Bukittes:

I grew up believing that anyone who wears med. glasses must be a brain, not until I got into Secondary school and met this lady who wore pretty glasses, looked so pretty in them, looked very smart in her gait but a big d.u.l.l.a.r.d!! I changed my viiew pronto! But right now I have a very cute friend who uses med. glasses, she is cute in them and she is seriously intelligent! Seun O, this is to u gurl with much love.
Bukittes:

Bukittes:

can i meet her.
Re: Guys by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 04, 2011
Pweety4me:

She fineShe too fine. . .dats y we r friendz jk tongue
grin Had to edit!. . .  No Vex! You wanted "Guys" Opinions grin grin
ogugua88:

I'm such a criminal. I entered this thread knowing fully well it said "Guys". Nosey me lol.

LolBlushing @ sexkillz and Pweety4me kiss
Had to edit too! grin Stop lying! and Leave this to the Guys! angry grin
Re: Guys by WebSurfer(m): 10:02am On Aug 04, 2011
grin
grin
Re: Guys by KAYD007(m): 10:09am On Aug 04, 2011
@ogugua88

Posted by: ogugua88
Insert Quote
I'm such a criminal. I entered this thread knowing fully well it said "Guys". Nosey me lol.

Lol @ sexkillz and Pweety4me

U have bears growin on ya upper lips, do u shave, ? tongue tongue

mus b ma spec, mine doesn't come wit a vehicle factory installed wipper! wink
Re: Guys by obiscolly(m): 10:12am On Aug 04, 2011
it makes some look nerdy, some cute and others simply retarded undecided
Re: Guys by Kalman(m): 10:18am On Aug 04, 2011
Pweety4me:

What do you think of ladies who wear specs?

They can't see well period!
Re: Guys by claremont(m): 10:20am On Aug 04, 2011
Kalman:

Seconded! The only objective response on this thread so far as well!
Re: Guys by dipo2much(m): 10:25am On Aug 04, 2011
Many of them wear it to look serious. It used to work, but now its so abused
Re: Guys by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 04, 2011
Kalman:

claremont:

Seconded! The only objective response on this thread so far as well!
Thirded! But HELL, it makes "some" Look Cute and Sexy!!! grin Oya lie! grin
Re: Guys by HornyJane(f): 10:51am On Aug 04, 2011
i dont like wearing glasses but i admire gurls who put it on
Re: Guys by Mynd44: 11:15am On Aug 04, 2011
^^^^
Re: Guys by MMM2(m): 11:25am On Aug 04, 2011
op
do u mean windscreen angry
Re: Guys by MMM2(m): 11:28am On Aug 04, 2011
pweety4me
is dat u ,

if yes then i need ur mobile nos. undecided
Re: Guys by Pweety4me(f): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2011
r231:

Loading. . . . . . . .
Sowrri did i i disclude tongue

-UpDates-:

shy girls,,, usually dont like sharing,, pretends to be sb they arent

ogugua88:

Lol @ sexkillz and Pweety4me kiss
Hmm see dis gal, so what r ur eye glasses for?reading,seeing all?

Mrs.Chima:

LMAO@if she got eye problems. grin grin grin grin grin

Glasses can be sexy if the frames are right for the face. Some people are so clueless when it come to picking the correct frames for the face shape.

What do u suggest for round faces? smiley
Re: Guys by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 04, 2011
^^^ If that's pweety4me, then. . . . .
Re: Guys by Pweety4me(f): 11:59am On Aug 04, 2011
Mynd_44:

@PWEETY, Do you wear glasses[size=3pt]NO.

pleep link=topic=727128.msg8850842#msg8850842 date=1312435956:

Yessss cool of course it depends on the girl.

The key is she must not know she looks sexy as shocked The hottest four eyes girls are the ones who don't know pretty they are.
I see. . .

donspony:

Depends on type of frame used. . .

Some ladies just look wow in them

Geeky frames however, not a huge fan  tongue

Ok smiley
Re: Guys by Pweety4me(f): 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2011
violent:

This thread is not as ridiculous as the fact that it made the front page. Seriously? shocked
Stop jelosin, just speak ur view & stop wasting space tongue

Bukittes:

Ofcos not, that's just 1 of the stereotypes.

WebSurfer:

grin
grin

Re: Guys by Pweety4me(f): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2011
KAYD007:

@ogugua88

U have bears growin on ya upper lips, do u shave, ? tongue tongue

mus b ma spec, mine doesn't come wit a vehicle factory installed wipper! wink
How RUDE!!

Na by force to speak 2 finzz galz?na get as na be shuorr.
Re: Guys by lagcity(m): 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2011
@ OP. this is a very relevent topic to me becos about a month ago, i met a beautiful German girl wearing the type of Specs in your foto. I told her i like her look and that she looks very sophisticated like a Professor. I meant this as a compliment but she stopped wearing the specs after that. I sense she doesn't want to look like a prof since she is 18 yrs and probably a bimbo. since when did looking smart become a bad thing?
Re: Guys by Pweety4me(f): 12:09pm On Aug 04, 2011
Kalman:

Obviously, but we are talking about your opinion of them & how attracted you feel 2wards them?>

Hot Jane:

i dont like wearing glasses but i admire gurls who put it on

Your meant 2 wear them but you don't?
Re: Guys by Pweety4me(f): 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2011
lagcity:

@ OP. this is a very relevent topic to me becos about a month ago, i met a beautiful German girl wearing the type of Specs in your foto. I told her i like her look and that she looks very sophisticated like a Professor. I meant this as a compliment but she stopped wearing the specs after that. I sense she doesn't want to look like a prof since she is 18 yrs and probably a bimbo. since when did looking smart become a bad thing?

To many stereoptypical views come with this, i guess thats why some people don't like wearing them.
Re: Guys by Pweety4me(f): 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2011
[b]Some Aussie clever clogs have now proved that nerdiness is not linked to spectacle wearers. Even better news? This group of smarty pants have also found that distance prescription glasses can be related to some very desirable personality traits such as openness and intelligence.

Myopia is the medical term to describe short-sightedness, and if you wear prescription glasses for this reason then you could be scientific proof of these top five characteristics. Conducted by The Centre for Eye Research Australia, part of Melbourne University, the study invited a group of 633 twins and 278 people from families with myopia to answer a questionnaire on their personality traits. Subjects were evaluated on five key characteristics - extroversion, conscientiousness, agreeableness, open-mindedness and neuroticism. The results? People wearing prescription glasses, at the aversion of school ground bullies, could not be linked with introversion, conscientiousness or passiveness. They were in fact linked with intelligence, agreeableness and openness. Not only this, but the subjects were also known to have similar characteristics to their family members, who were also linked with distance prescription glasses.

The Centre for Eye Research Australia

The CERA is made up of dedicated researchers and their vision is become a leading research institute in the world. They are already recognised for their incredible work in discovering the causes of eye diseases. Their work is used to provide findings that can help improve all the processes involved with prescription glasses and eye diseases. Covering everything from diagnosis, treatment and prevention, their research can make a huge amount of difference for opticians and those who require prescription glasses, and those with very serious vision impairment.

Their recent experiment linking distance prescription glasses and personality has tackled the age old stereotype that spec wearers are nerds. The study was published in the Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science Journal. In this well known journal the Melbourne University researchers wrote: "The long held view that myopic persons are introverted and conscientious may reflect intelligence-related stereotypes rather than real correlations."

So while this research can clear up an old stereotype, it doesn't prove that someone with prescription glasses will definitely be intelligent. But of course, as the clever people that we are, we knew that already. Perhaps this experiment just proves a point that stereotyping anyone is a foolish thing to do.

About Author
Whether you're clever, ditzy, introverted or extroverted, you can buy stylish prescription glasses from Sight Station. Shop online for a wide range of different styles aE" whatever personality you have!

Published at Sooper Articles[/b]
Re: Guys by Mobinga: 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2011
proO1:

Blasting spasmodic 'acamu' on a bespectacled pretty face is always a thrill. A huge thrill.

lmfao! mad man.

Most of the posters here are mentally incapable of understanding why that ^^ is an epic post.
Re: Guys by Sicherheit(m): 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2011
It depends of the kind of glasses and the face wearing it.
Re: Guys by shadrach77: 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2011
anything makes it to nairaland front page these days sad sad shocked
Re: Guys by Pweety4me(f): 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2011
Mobinga:

lmfao! mad man.

Most of the posters here are mentally incapable of understanding why that ^^ is an epic post.
Mobinga? thats the name of ur dog right?
Re: Guys by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2011
Pweety4me:
Hmm see dis gal, so what r your eye glasses for?reading,seeing all?

I can see quite well without them. It's just to make my vision HD I guess lol. I'm only supposed to use them when I'm driving, to see signs that are far, and in the classroom, so that I can sit in the back and read the board from there if I wish. I wear them almost all the time though lol. I wasn't liking the idea of putting on, taking off, etc.
Re: Guys by Pweety4me(f): 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2011
^^^Hmm so ur short-sighted? so how long ave u had them now?lol HD vision indeed tongue
Re: Guys by Mobinga: 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2011
Pweety4me:

Mobinga? thats the name of your dog right?
Nope that's the name of our first son.
Re: Guys by Ysol(m): 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2011
Some Error why Some Lovely,Does lovely one I love it on Them.
Re: Guys by Pweety4me(f): 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2011
Mobinga:

Nope that's the name of ourmy first son.
Ok smiley

Ysol:

Some Error why Some Lovely,Does lovely one I love it on Them.
Explain?error how?it no suit them?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strictly For Singles / I Can Beat My Girlfriend But Can't Beat My Wife On Dsame Misunderstanding. / What Is This Lady Hiding? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.