Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead (18239 Views)

Ana Mourns Renowned Novelist, Biyi Bandele / Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? / Nigerian Novelist Finishes Latest Novel After 11 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by Mccullum: 9:49am On Aug 09, 2022
May his soul RIP..

What an irreplaceable loss

to his family.

He'll be missed by Nigerians and rest of the world.
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by highchief1: 9:49am On Aug 09, 2022
IMPACT05:
Nigerian novelist Biyi Bandele is dead,
A statement released by his family on Monday said he died on Sunday in Lagos.
[/i]

PREMIUM TIMES
the death of a sage is like the burning of a library.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by kb83(m): 9:52am On Aug 09, 2022
RIP, Nigeria, Africa and the rest the world will miss you dearly, our hearts goes out to the family and his loved ones both at home and abroad.
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by Rechargeam247(f): 10:02am On Aug 09, 2022
It is well.
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by Franzinni: 10:02am On Aug 09, 2022
Live life now ... Forget about your past and take your focus away from your future ... Life happens only now!
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by happney65: 10:07am On Aug 09, 2022
Have been following Biyi Bandele since he directed "Fifty". Was telling someone about his new work Elesin Oba which is an adaption of woke soyinka's book.,And boom Life just happened

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by ajekpaks(m): 10:38am On Aug 09, 2022
happney65:
Have been following Biyi Bandele since he directed "Fifty". Was telling someone about his new work Elesin Oba which is an adaption of woke soyinka's book.,And boom Life just happened

Omo same here oh was looking forward to seeing that film and now hearing this
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by clays: 10:48am On Aug 09, 2022
Biyi directed the hit series Blood Sisters too
RIP Burma Boy
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by Occurstaem(m): 10:50am On Aug 09, 2022
Oh no! What a loss!
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by HaneefahRN(f): 11:03am On Aug 09, 2022
Hmmmn cry
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 09, 2022
Entering the ark alone wasn't what saved Noah and his household.

Apostle Joshua Selman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6N5o2U778s
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:12am On Aug 09, 2022
Biyi is dead shocked

Was it not last week I was checking a photograph he posted of two sisters in a Lagos market?

This is shocking.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by Ultimas: 11:20am On Aug 09, 2022
RIP to him. He was a great writer.
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by Bussydaniel: 11:44am On Aug 09, 2022
What a great lost dear brother
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by adefitim(m): 11:51am On Aug 09, 2022
I love all his work.
Rest on
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by juman(m): 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2022
What kill him, i wonder.
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by naturefellow(m): 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2022
ajekpaks:
Heard about this last night, so so sad

For those that do not know him...

He is a writer and director... He directed the movie Half of a Yellow Sun adapted from the novel of the same name by Chimamanda Adiche and was also involved in MTV Shuga, Fifty the movie Blood sisters and many more...

Personally I've followed his works and have been looking forward to seeing his new work Eleshin Oba, (Death and the King's Horseman also an adapted work from Soyinka's book of same title) I can assure you he's a fine filmmaker.

sad! read the news on twitter. Met him twice. RiP
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by Wwwq: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2022
Life
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by PeacenLove2: 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2022
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by Ajibade123(m): 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2022
Mide3367:
please i am pleading with you guys to tell Seniorwriter Charles Adarokaren to refund me back my money for a transaction i paid for since 3pm Wednesday 27th July, 2022 afternoon. He kept ignoring me since then till now!!!
His number 0907 920 4499
I thought he has a reputation and name to protect? I found it amusing that someone that has been on nairaland since 2019 and has over 5k messages and engagements which so many people know is involved in this kinda scam.. It shows the integrity of average Nigerian when they have the opportunity to rip you off yur hard earn money. They simply throw integrity to the wind because of money wey no reach anything in this Nigeria economy. He is online here on Nairaland and refuses to reply chats.. Seniorwriter is a scam. Return my money.
what does he sells??
Re: Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead by Ebonygeek(f): 6:17am On Aug 10, 2022
Mide3367:
please i am pleading with you guys to tell Seniorwriter Charles Adarokaren to refund me back my money for a transaction i paid for since 3pm Wednesday 27th July, 2022 afternoon. He kept ignoring me since then till now!!!
His number 0907 920 4499
I thought he has a reputation and name to protect? I found it amusing that someone that has been on nairaland since 2019 and has over 5k messages and engagements which so many people know is involved in this kinda scam.. It shows the integrity of average Nigerian when they have the opportunity to rip you off yur hard earn money. They simply throw integrity to the wind because of money wey no reach anything in this Nigeria economy. He is online here on Nairaland and refuses to reply chats.. Seniorwriter is a scam. Return my money.
Wow, so Seniorwriter is a scammer. I once considered paying for his services

(1) (2) (Reply)

EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) / How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.