Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors (33829 Views)

Peter Obi: Nigeria Now Ranks In The Same Place With Afghanistan,Yemen / Nigeria Named One Of World Bank’s Top-20 Improvers In Doing Business For 2020 / 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by RighteousDemon: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2022
Nigeria now ranks fourth in the World Bank’s top 10 International Development Association borrowers’ list, no thanks to rising debt.

Nigeria was ranked fifth in the World Bank Fiscal Year 2021 audited financial statements, known as the IDA financial statement, with $11.7 billion IDA debt stock as of June 30, 2021.

However, the newly released World Bank Fiscal Year 2022 audited financial statements for IDA showed that Nigeria has moved to the fourth position on the list, with $13bn IDA debt stock as of June 30, 2022.

This shows that the country accrued about $1.3bn IDA debt within a fiscal year to take over the fourth top debtor position from Vietnam.

This debt is different from the outstanding loan of $486m from World Bank’s International Bank for Reconstruction and Development.

The top five countries on the list slightly reduced their IDA debt stock except Nigeria.

India, which still tops the list, reduced its IDA debt stock from $22bn in the previous fiscal year to $19.7bn, followed by Bangladesh from $18.1bn to $18bn.

Pakistan comes next, after cutting its debt from $16.4bn to $15.8bn, followed by Nigeria, then Vietnam, which cut its IDA debt stock from $14.1bn to $12.9bn.

The World Bank disclosed recently that Nigeria’s debt, which may be considered sustainable for now, risks becoming unsustainable in the event of macro-fiscal shocks.

https://www.facebook.com/176502461635/posts/pfbid02pX8QxcGUCofXY5Cso7HjMjqj7snyp5esXdMgEbsLe2F4Zdnennbd3iRYyZ5zi7V7l/?app=fbl

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by dawnomike(m): 7:33am On Aug 09, 2022
What an achievement for a our country... 1st position awaits Nigeria

231 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Seniorwriter(m): 7:35am On Aug 09, 2022
dawnomike:
What an achievement a disaster for a our country...
Fixed...let's call a spade a spade.

@Seniorwriter

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by OnlineInLaw(m): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2022
dawnomike:
What an achievement for a our country... 1st position awaits Nigeria
God forbid, good things shall come to this country come 2023, because I know say anyhow we see things na so we go take am

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Eriokanmi: 7:41am On Aug 09, 2022
O ma she oo...but the mighty hasn't fallen to hit the ground yet. Nigeria can still be revived. Vote Peter obi, an accomplished banker and entrepreneur, a technocrat per excellence who fares far more better than them all with good programs. .

I remember Atiku saying he would sell the NNPC to his friends grin grin. Obviously he's coming to loot. We can see the way BAT is biting all our assets in lagos. He dominates Healthcare BT (Bola Tinubu)Diagnostics, construction (Hitech), Revenues(Alphabeta), he also controls transportation (BRT and Transport) , Commerce (his daughter is Iyaloja-general), Government (he dominates the sector with his cronies), Power( he owns one of the discos), thuggery ( Oluomo and co),
waste disposal...another sector he's been looking at, which was one of the reasons he had issues with ambode which led to backlogs of refuse in the 4th year of ambode's administration. But he stylishly said he doesn't have a hand in it. He even incited his blind followers against ambode that he owns vision scape and they believed the evil man hook line and sinker.

I wonder how tinubu would improve power when he's one of those who had a stake in it. How he'd revisit and repeal the privatisation of the power sector when he's also a beneficiary.

He's on sanwoolu's neck on same refuse disposal again. Anyone who had been to lagos lately would notice that, heaps of refuse during ambode's administration were doing press up, compared to what we now have with litters everywhere. Sanwoolu could not even defend this when Seun brought him to his political platform a few days ago, during which the issue was raised.

This is same man some people are following with their gullible minds. 2023 is around the corner.

Only Obi can fix all their mess.

164 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 09, 2022
I pity Nigerians...
Would still pity them again if they did not choose wisely the next, president.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 09, 2022
I pity Nigerians...
Would still pity them again if they did not choose wisely the next president.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by OnlineInLaw(m): 7:46am On Aug 09, 2022
I no go curse APC because Dem still dey rise despite all the curses laid on Dem
But wetin I know be say, Cursed be the human being wey go still try to vote back these creatures come 2023
After all this suffering, from 3rd world poorest to 4th most debted
Pesin wey go Canada dey rejoice as if hin don make heaven after leaving his own country
And human being go come here dey talk, "on tinubu mandate I stand", like even tinubu videos dey shame me to watch
What has been done, has been done
Now e dey our hands to turn the tide in our favor
Vote Peter Obi come 2023
Vote Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed for VP
We go take naija back front to it's new Glory
#OBIDATTIFOREVER
2023 WE MOVE

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by RighteousDemon: 7:59am On Aug 09, 2022
Jennifer663:
I pity Nigerians...
Would still pity them again if they did not choose wisely the next president.

Can we just get something right come 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2022
RighteousDemon:

Can we just get something right come 2023
Pray so.
Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by RighteousDemon: 8:13am On Aug 09, 2022
Jennifer663:

Pray so.

We should pray and act positively

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Imemine: 8:24am On Aug 09, 2022
They're borrowing, printing money, taxing everything, increasing vat, gulping oil illegally, etc, but has done nothing with the money - absolutely nothing. While people in Buhari's home state are eating grasses he is busy enriching Niger republic, his cronies are looting in billions and their kids are showing off I'll gotten wealth to the impoverished masses. One thing about money is that if you steal billions, but has no knowledge of how to utilize it, it will definitely leave you.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by RighteousDemon: 9:42am On Aug 09, 2022
Imemine:
They're borrowing, printing money, taxing everything, increasing vat, gulping oil illegally, etc, but has done nothing with the money - absolutely nothing. While people in Buhari's home state are eating grasses he is busy enriching Niger republic, his cronies are looting in billions and their kids are showing off I'll gotten wealth to the impoverished masses. One thing about money is that if you steal billions, but has no knowledge of how to utilize it, it will definitely leave you.

And the mods won't see anything worthy about this news to make FP... Cos they're shy about the serious delapidating sorry state of the nation

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by omowolewa: 9:57am On Aug 09, 2022
Nigeria would be come leading credit facilities destination if we fail to get our leadership choice right.

Where bigger Economies keep investing in productivity and looking for markets in Nigeria. We have to stop being productive and start looking for monies to buy, that's either from loans, grants or corruptions.

Guess what?
We will soon activate our debt forgivemess request.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by RighteousDemon: 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2022
omowolewa:
Nigeria would be come leading credit facilities destination if we fail to get our leadership choice right.

Where bigger Economies keep investing in productivity and looking for markets in Nigeria. We have to stop being productive and start looking for monies to buy, that's either from loans, grants or corruptions.

Guess what?
We will soon activate our debt forgivemess request.

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Obidient4life3: 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2022
One of the great achievement of the terrorist government!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by SalafRider(m): 2:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
I am even surprised we are not number 1 cuz na this country de top list for every bad thing

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by 123readygo: 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2022
Hmmmmmm

Any youth rooting for APC or PDP in the next presidential election needs his head examined. These old cargoes have mortgaged your future and you still want to mortgage your children's future.

I pity the next government because four (4)years will not be enough to bring us out from the hole these wicked people have dug us into.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Valuepaints20(m): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
ok
Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by iamyemiakins(m): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
Nawa

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Boogyman557: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
Holly Gram cool ALL HAIL NIGERIA JAGA JAGA!

OBIdient I STAND!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Realtalk20: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
APC destroying Nigeria savagely grin

And Tinubu wants to continue where Buhari stopped...?

I think the above statement really has dealt Tinubu's chances a severe blow

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by gasparpisciotta: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
Who will save Nigeria from total collapse?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Klington: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
All hail the ígbèsé master himself

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Soso990240(m): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
God will punish the people that packaged this failure called Buhari and sold to us. Yet people are still supporting APC. If Tinubu becomes President, everybody including hungry and Jobless poor masses will be taxed.. not to Build infrastructures or develop the country, But the taxes is to provide more money for them to steal and give some to their supporters. Pls, if you mean well for this country, APC is never an option. Students still dey house because of ASSU strike

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by kenbee(f): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
Buhari!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Jayrockk: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
Courtesy of Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Frankfun30: 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2022
APC is really working

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2022
IPOB terrorists Badmouthed this country

194 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors by GreatrAnalyst: 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2022
APC... Chain!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Governor Adeleke Appoints SSA On Government House Pool / How Buhari Will Assign Ministerial Portfolios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.