Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Say No To Distraction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Say No To Distraction (231 Views)

Church: It Is Time To Shake Off The Distraction / Attending To The Lord Without Distraction / An Ode To Distraction (short Movie) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Say No To Distraction by toyinaremu(f): 10:32am On Aug 09, 2022
Sometime ago, I was to get somewhere on Sunday after service and had to go with public transport. I saw some Keke Riders and people were rushing in. I felt I could do this not even with all my serious Sunday outfit, so I looked away hoping that I would get another and sit comfortably when I get to their park.

Unfortunately, the park was where the real struggle began and I had to re-adjust and be ready to struggle for one too. Eventually, one of them came right to my front and I rushed in, but I had another issue; I was with a N1000 note and I was to pay 50 naira as the fare.

If I had told the driver immediately, I’d have risked the chance of coming down, so I kept quiet and hoped to get something to buy along the way. As we moved on, there was nothing to buy. This one na trouble o!

What do I do as where I'm to alight is just a few miles away? As the sharp girl that I am (tongue out), I quickly handed the situation over to God in prayer to avoid embarrassment. I muttered words of prayer to God to please make change available for me without troubles. I then summoned courage and said, "Please sir, 1000 naira change". The person sitting beside me made jest of me (eyes rolling). “Eskis me, I refused to be discouraged, God will show for me,” I said to myself.

After a while the driver said: "Well, I'll give you the change because o ba ori mi nile (how do we translate this o, okay it means “I'll give you the change as I'm in a good state of mind”). I looked at the other passenger who made jest of me and laughed my own laugh with my full chest, he was just looking, the driver even called other drivers to get more change for my balance to be complete.

I said to myself, “I did not meet you in your good state, my God did a reset in you to bring you to a state of favour for me.

“Ehn, my father my God, thank you for always being interested in all that concerns us! I am a child that carries the King everywhere I go jere.”

God is interested in you, in every little detail about you. Sometimes when you’re at the verge of God stepping in, the devil might decide to step in, don't give in to his schemes but keep your gaze on your faith.

If I had allowed anger, the driver too might join the anger and then anger will spread and my prayer would have been defeated. You never know how close you are to your blessing(s), do not be distracted by people who do not know the one who lives in you.

Since God is so interested in you, it will be perfect for you to also be interested in Him and His works. Shun sin, worldly distractions, accept Him and have faith. He said “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” (Matt.11:28-29).

Remember, no soul can really be at rest until he has given up all dependence on God alone, because our rest lies in looking unto the Lord and not ourselves.

Will you also enter your resting place today? Hand over that situation to Him, He is interested in it.

Good morning
Re: Say No To Distraction by Hezzyluv: 10:40am On Aug 09, 2022
toyinaremu:
Sometime ago, I was to get somewhere on Sunday after service and had to go with public transport. I saw some Keke Riders and people were rushing in. I felt I could do this not even with all my serious Sunday outfit, so I looked away hoping that I would get another and sit comfortably when I get to their park.

Unfortunately, the park was where the real struggle began and I had to re-adjust and be ready to struggle for one too. Eventually, one of them came right to my front and I rushed in, but I had another issue; I was with a N1000 note and I was to pay 50 naira as the fare.

If I had told the driver immediately, I’d have risked the chance of coming down, so I kept quiet and hoped to get something to buy along the way. As we moved on, there was nothing to buy. This one na trouble o!

What do I do as where I'm to alight is just a few miles away? As the sharp girl that I am (tongue out), I quickly handed the situation over to God in prayer to avoid embarrassment. I muttered words of prayer to God to please make change available for me without troubles. I then summoned courage and said, "Please sir, 1000 naira change". The person sitting beside me made jest of me (eyes rolling). “Eskis me, I refused to be discouraged, God will show for me,” I said to myself.

After a while the driver said: "Well, I'll give you the change because o ba ori mi nile (how do we translate this o, okay it means “I'll give you the change as I'm in a good state of mind”). I looked at the other passenger who made jest of me and laughed my own laugh with my full chest, he was just looking, the driver even called other drivers to get more change for my balance to be complete.

I said to myself, “I did not meet you in your good state, my God did a reset in you to bring you to a state of favour for me.

“Ehn, my father my God, thank you for always being interested in all that concerns us! I am a child that carries the King everywhere I go jere.”

God is interested in you, in every little detail about you. Sometimes when you’re at the verge of God stepping in, the devil might decide to step in, don't give in to his schemes but keep your gaze on your faith.

If I had allowed anger, the driver too might join the anger and then anger will spread and my prayer would have been defeated. You never know how close you are to your blessing(s), do not be distracted by people who do not know the one who lives in you.

Since God is so interested in you, it will be perfect for you to also be interested in Him and His works. Shun sin, worldly distractions, accept Him and have faith. He said “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” (Matt.11:28-29).

Remember, no soul can really be at rest until he has given up all dependence on God alone, because our rest lies in looking unto the Lord and not ourselves.

Will you also enter your resting place today? Hand over that situation to Him, He is interested in it.

Good morning
Nice one. "God is interested in even the myopic part of our lives".

Can you DM ?

(1) (Reply)

Stop Eet / How Does God Feel About Violence? / Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.