Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Frightful Experience On Arik Plane - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Frightful Experience On Arik Plane (967 Views)

My Encounter Today On ARIK Air / Have Anyone Bought Snacks On Arik Before? Pls Reply / The Stairs Used To Climb Out Of Arik Airplane (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by ultim: 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2022
On the 28th July, I think it was the last Arik plane from Portharcourt to Abuja.

Mid air, turbulence was announced and shortly after that, the plane literarily dived to a dept that made the passenger quake and adjust for safety. They muttered different prayers and shortly after the plane continued smooth cruising, people were piling up to the plane's toilet. After landing at the airport, the Arrivals toilet was also filled up by same passengers.

A friend ( a pilot that flies private planes) sent text to me telling me that the pilot of that Arik plane told him that passengers didn't know that God saved them. That the plane was almost 'plucked' off the skies.

May we stay safe especially now that people avoid road transport

4 Likes

Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by JohnQueen(m): 7:17pm On Aug 09, 2022
Planes don't just fall off the sky

2 Likes

Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by Realtalk20: 7:19pm On Aug 09, 2022
ultim:
On the 28th July, I think it was the last Arik plane from Portharcourt to Abuja.

Mid air, turbulence was announced and shortly after that, the plane literarily dived to a dept that made the passenger quake and adjust for safety. They muttered different prayers and shortly after the place continued smooth cruising, people where piling up to the toilet and after landing the airport arrival toilet were also filled up by same passengers.

A friend ( a pilot that flies private planes) sent text to me telling me that the pilot of that Arik plane told him that passengers didn't know that God saved them. That the plane was almost plucked off the the skies.

Your grammar almost plucked me from my seat undecided

5 Likes

Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by ultim: 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
Realtalk20:

Typos corrected undecided
Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by ultim: 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
JohnQueen:

Really�
Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by Typicool8(m): 8:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
Realtalk20:

Are you a fruit grin
Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by Lifemaster321(m): 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2022
Realtalk20:

At least, you understood the message he was trying to pass across…

1 Like

Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 10, 2022
ARIK and these their problems with Turbulence...
Others encounter these stuffs & try to maneuver them. ARIK pilots should try please.
The Last ARIK I boarded made us look like sacrificial lambs..... and it occurred within same Port Harcourt Airspace too.
It seems na same KeKe PiLot ooo.
Ours was just looking for turbulence to embrace.
ARIK, abeg make u na take am easy...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by yesloaded: 12:08am On Aug 10, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 10, 2022
I have been watching videos of turbulence and one of the ways pilots fight turbulence is to drop some feet.

So in a way, the pilot did right but your last submission about what another pilot said, that is hard to believe.
Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by dogmart(m): 10:13am On Aug 10, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Others encounter these stuffs & try to maneuver them. ARIK pilots should try please.
The Last ARIK I boarded made us look like sacrificial lambs..... and it occurred within same Port Harcourt Airspace too.

grin "looking for turbulence to embrace......"

This got me laughing hard grin
Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by neonbash0: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

How do I get a ticket for arik in portharcourt?! I can I buy tickets at omagwa?
Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
neonbash0:

How do I get a ticket for arik in portharcourt?! I can I buy tickets at omagwa?
I often patronize Wakanow!
Some get at the Airports too.
Different service providers have cubicles there
Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by Up4good: 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2022
JohnQueen:

Hello, are you stills working on Upwork?
Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by AlphaTaikun: 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2022
ultim:

Mid air, turbulence was announced and shortly after that, the plane literarily dived to a dept that made the passenger quake and adjust for safety. They muttered different prayers and shortly after the plane continued smooth cruising, people were piling up to the plane's toilet. After landing at the airport, the Arrivals toilet was also filled up by same passengers.

A friend ( a pilot that flies private planes) sent text to me telling me that the pilot of that Arik plane told him that passengers didn't know that God saved them. That the plane was almost 'plucked' off the skies.

Air turbulences are quite regular, and I've been in a couple of them, but what you should pray NOT to have is wind shear. That can rip the plane right down to the ground due to sudden changes in pressure.

The Ethiopian Boeing 787 Dreamliner that crashed few years ago and the horendous Bellview airline that crashed violently cockpit first into the ground at Lisa in Ogun State in the 2000s did so because of wind shear!
Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by JohnQueen(m): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2022
No boss
Up4good:

Hello, are you stills working on Upwork?
Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by Up4good: 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2022
JohnQueen:
No boss

Why quit? Better alternatives?
Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by JohnQueen(m): 6:34pm On Aug 19, 2022
Ventured into other things... Domaining and eCommerce
Up4good:

Why quit? Better alternatives?
Re: Frightful Experience On Arik Plane by Up4good: 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2022
JohnQueen:
Ventured into other things... Domaining and eCommerce

Nice. I learnt domaining is really paying.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is The Uk Importing Teachers From Africa?? / 100% Guarantee: Travel To Canada: With The Sa Passport: / Lagos! 3rd On Uk Visa Applications In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.