Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:30 AM

The Rivers’ Love For Garri. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Rivers’ Love For Garri. (672 Views)

How Inflation Affects Demand For Garri / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! / Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rivers’ Love For Garri. by meobizy(f): 7:56am On Aug 10, 2022
I don’t understand. I’ve never seen a people who love eba so much. Remember BBNaija’s Marvis? She ate the delicacy twice daily during her stay on the show. Her way of showing loyalty to a housemate was to always ask if they craved eba for a meal.

Here in Rivers State, it is the same situation and most times worse. A lot of households swear they can eat “garri and soup” (eba with soup) for every meal of their entire existence. I don’t even know if there is an alternative.

I remember a security guard we once hired and chased away on finding out he exchanged stolen items for garri. This idiot collected garri as payment for stolen petrol, diesel, poultry, car stereos, tyres, phones, and lastly abandoned electronics. This was despite feeding him twice a day which was an optional show of goodwill. I bet he would plan on using garri to bail himself if ever arrested.

What is in the tasteless swallow that gets these people salivating?

Left to me, I prefer pounded yam. Many Nigerian tribes enjoy it as a luxury. On learning to eat fufu as an adult, I preferred it to any other swallow due to its rich taste and pungent aroma.

1 Like

Re: The Rivers’ Love For Garri. by Unzerious: 8:33am On Aug 10, 2022
Garri is the food of the SS, just like Fufu for the SE and Amala for the SW.

6 Likes

Re: The Rivers’ Love For Garri. by meobizy(f): 8:35am On Aug 10, 2022
Unzerious:
Garri is the food of the SS, just like Fufu for the SE and Amala for the SW.
This makes sense. Indigenes literally fantasize about eating hot eba on rainy days.

2 Likes

Re: The Rivers’ Love For Garri. by Unzerious: 8:41am On Aug 10, 2022
meobizy:
This makes sense. Indigenes literally fantasize about eating hot eba on rainy days.

Hot Eba on a Rainy day... This got me cracking grin
Re: The Rivers’ Love For Garri. by poshestmina(f): 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2022
That's our trademark grin grin.

If you want a Rivers man/woman to love you, just give them Eba and seafood soup grin.

Lol.

2 Likes

Re: The Rivers’ Love For Garri. by meobizy(f): 10:37pm On Jun 11
poshestmina:
That's our trademark grin grin.

If you want a Rivers man/woman to love you, just give them Eba and seafood soup grin.

Lol.
The thing tire me, no be small. Maybe because I’m not originally from this region.
Re: The Rivers’ Love For Garri. by Reflect7: 3:09am On Jun 12
Me I prefer Lafun to all these things. undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Rivers’ Love For Garri. by RepoMan007: 9:17am On Jun 12
Eba and Egusi soup
Eba and Egusi soup

(1) (Reply)

Should You Actually Put Garlic In Foods Or Not? This Will Shock You / All Natural Jollof / How Can A Cup Of Of Rice Be Sold #200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.