Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,741 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba (1053 Views)

Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens / 2023: APC Lacks Capacity To Win Elections In Rivers – Senator Abe / PDP Loses Rivers Senator, Osinakachukwu Ideozu To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by kahal29: 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
The crisis between the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, and the presidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, is far from being over as a former senator representing Rivers South East constituency, Lee Ledogo Maeba, claimed the governor has banned party members from campaigning for its presidential candidate without his approval.

Speaking during an interview on Symfoni TV, Maeba said former governor Celestine Omehia went along with other PDP chieftains like Austin Opara to visit Atiku last Monday at his Abuja residence and apologise to him after Wike accused him of being a liar.

He, however, said on their return, Wike called all of them who had paid a visit to Atiku to reprimand them for visiting the former vice president without his consent.

Maeba said Wike also threatened that anyone who campaigned for Atiku in Rivers State without his permission would be dealt with.

In a swift reaction, PDP state Publicity Secretary, Tambari Gbara challenged Maeba to prove his allegation that Governor Wike issued a threat against anyone campaigning for Atiku in the state.

He said the governor has not given any official statement regarding Maeba’s claims, stressing that it would be proper for him (Maeba) to produce a proof of the alleged threat.

“If governor wants to make that statement, he would make it official, that, in the state, nobody should campaign for Atiku Abubakar.

“Governor Wike is not somebody that hides his feeling. If he wants to say that, I don’t think he would say it privately. So, the person making the allegation should come out and prove himself.

“He (Maeba) should be able to furnish Rivers people and Nigerians with an evidence.”

The spokesman noted that it was common to get such an allegation during political election season and advised that party leaders should be catalysts of peace not discord.

However, Maeba said: “I want PDP to win election and my duty is to support the candidate of the party without negotiation with anyone. But Wike told us ‘let me see how you would campaign for Atiku in this state. You cannot campaign for Atiku in this state without my permission. No one in this state can work for Atiku’.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/he-has-banned-everyone-from-campaigning-for-atiku-in-rivers-maeba/
Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by kahal29: 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by zickyclef: 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2022
Ok
Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by Truthisunique2: 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2022
Wike the pained bitch

Shebi you say na only you get rivers votes, why not go against atiku by yourself

Misery truly need company, I hope you would also stop rivers people from voting PDP that day

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by Dreal1247: 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2022
Atiku knows that he cannot pacify Nwike. This is for the benefit of the Obedient family.

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by Truthisunique2: 1:43pm On Aug 10, 2022
Atiku shouldn't even bother meeting wike again

Rivers governors are created to be used and dump by north

I know na the ignore when chairman Atiku dey give am dey pepper am

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by FreeStuffsNG: 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2022
Why suddenly Senator Maeba suddenly starts attacking HE Wike is suspicious and confirms that they may have been recruited to wage war against their state Governor.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand.
check my signature for free stuffs!

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by festacman(m): 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2022

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by Cantonese: 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2022
"Speaking during an interview on Symfoni TV, Maeba said former governor Celestine Omehia went along with other PDP chieftains like Austin Opara to visit Atiku last Monday at his Abuja residence and apologise to him after Wike accused him of being a liar”.

Nonsense man that Maeba. Who sent him to apologize to Atiku in the first place? Na eye service worry am. Would it not be proper to find means of sorting out the differences between the two fighters for the sake of their party.

Anyway OBIdience is very important.
Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by IMO01: 1:48pm On Aug 10, 2022
Peter Obi for president
Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by yemmight(m): 1:49pm On Aug 10, 2022
I know Wike will work for BAT.

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by Blackfire(m): 1:49pm On Aug 10, 2022
Wike you this igbo man... note this north 2023
Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by Jesusloveyou: 3:24pm On Aug 10, 2022
Cantonese:
"Speaking during an interview on Symfoni TV, Maeba said former governor Celestine Omehia went along with other PDP chieftains like Austin Opara to visit Atiku last Monday at his Abuja residence and apologise to him after Wike accused him of being a liar”.

Nonsense man that Maeba. Who sent him to apologize to Atiku in the first place? Na eye service worry am. Would it not be proper to find means of sorting out the differences between the two fighters for the sake of their party.

Anyway OBIdience is very important.
you're right.
maeba acted foolishly for apologizing on behalf of wike.
anyway, tinubu is the president.
Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by Jesusloveyou: 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2022
IMO01:
Peter Obi for president
yes, obituary is aspiring for president.
but tinubu is the president
Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by Salvador1: 4:01pm On Aug 10, 2022
Wike's too much pride will lead to his downfall.
Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by ChangetheChange: 4:05pm On Aug 10, 2022
Wike is playing a dangerous game, he himself will also be banished politically and ostracized in the North after 2023 , when he want to seek their support in 2027 or 2031 election to contest for Presidency.
And no Northerner will even consider an unstable Wike as a Vice Presidential candidate in the future
Nigeria Politics is not rivers state politics
Wike is politically daft, naive and myopic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by aariwa(m): 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2022
festacman:
Atiku as VP once held former Pres. Obasanjo to ransom by refusing to support his 2nd term bid because he had majority of state governors and federal legislators with him.

Obasanjo ate the humble pie and went to Atiku's hotel room, kowtowed and asked for his 'blessing'. Atiku backpedaled and ran again as Obasanjo's VP. However, having been humbled by Atiku, Obasanjo quietly drew the battle line. Soon after victory at the polls, Obasanjo commenced a revenge war that eventually chased Atiku out of PDP.

Therefore, I suggest that Atiku should crawl to Gov. Wike, reconcile with him to win election. Thereafter, serve Wike a 'cold breakfast'.
Wike and Atiku problem started around 2019 elections.I don’t believe it can be resolved
Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by NwaMamaIwota(f): 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2022
I'm Obidient but Wike is already acting like a sissy and sore looser
Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by manutdrichie(m): 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2022
Wow..what a perfect strategy to curtail Atiku's excesses and force him to sign some documents in favour of Rivers state

At the end Rivers state wins
Re: Wike Has Banned Everyone From Campaigning For Atiku In Rivers – Senator Maeba by fourboys: 5:20pm On Aug 10, 2022
Time we all become OBIdient cool

(1) (Reply)

Percentage Of Ethnicities In Prison In 1958-1959 / The Weedy And Greedy Nyesom Wike Will Soon Kiss The Dust. / Globaldatalab Statistics: Another Peter Obi’s Lie Bursted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.