Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,073 members, 7,825,390 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures (833 Views)

Pastor James Chinwuba Stops Wedding Of Man Who Sent Wife Abroad For Prostitution / Lady Drags Fiance On The Floor In Pre-wedding Photos / I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by Twinanna(f): 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2022
My fiance is about to move abroad. We've dated for 4 years and I really love him and I'm also very sure he loves me. I really want him to succeed, but a part of me is really scared of him going. He has promised that after a year he'll come back, but I've heard stories where people tend to go abroad and move on with life... I'm really scared and have been crying a lot lately...I'm 23 and I don't socialize much. He's practically my closest friend. I'm really torn and need advice
Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by duduade: 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2022
Once he goes.... Free your mind and live your life

Anything can happen

He could come back for you

OR

He could marry a citizen

1 Like

Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2022
Twinanna:
My fiance is about to move abroad. We've dated for 4 years and I really love him and I'm also very sure he loves me. I really want him to succeed, but a part of me is really scared of him going. He has promised that after a year he'll come back, but I've heard stories where people tend to go abroad and move on with life... I'm really scared and have been crying a lot lately...I'm 23 and I don't socialize much. He's practically my closest friend. I'm really torn and need advice

as you guys have chosen to prioritize greener pasture over this union, the best thing you people can do is break up and move on with your respective lives... in a year, if he comes back and feel the same way about you, you guys can be back together, if thats what you want. expecting your partner to be faithful while away for "god knows how long" surrounded by "exotic" people is not only unfair to one another but also CRAAAAAZY!

this person is going to a new country and will experience new lifestyle, new energy, new people, new women, new attraction, new desires he never knew he had, new culture, new everything....and you seriously expect them to not sample the local pleasures?!?!?!

abeg you guys should do yourselves a favor so you dont die of stress related illnesses!

2 Likes

Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by Twinanna(f): 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2022
alexsniz1:
I really feel for you dear but he needs the greener pastures more than love. Give him lil time, if he doesn't fulfill his promises, then u learn to socialize. You can do things when you stop limiting yourself. Just know this and know peace

2nd to last line....I'll live by that line...thank you so much
Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by Sweetvie: 8:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
I feel u but I think it a matter of trust
But if he travel and started misbehaving (U know what i mean) just forget about it.
Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by loosecanon50(m): 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2022
I'm in the same shoe. I'm about to travel out and she's been crying ever since. I mean, I can't pass on such an opportunity to better my life?

We love each other but a man's gotta do what he gotta do. I have told her to wait for me, and I really mean it. But if she doesn't, means we were never meant to be in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by PerfectStranger(m): 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
In all you do, please don’t try to manipulate that guy from traveling out.
So many home base looking for love, choose one and move on.

1 Like

Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by OriOko88(m): 12:41am On Aug 11, 2022
You've lost him So sad! Four years wasted like that undecided. I have a female neighbor like that whose husband has been in Germany since 2016(she actually told me when I packed in). D woman has been so desperate for romance maybe because of d years of loneliness.. It was when she's started getting close to me,wey I been dey reason her matter,after all she's yet to have kids.

Then suddenly out of nowhere,the man suddenly arrived last week Friday with a white woman.. With a mad Audi car. Don't really understand wats happening btw them cos d woman's family came this morning..commotion everywhere..but I had to leave for work..it was later tonight I dey hear d woman packed out that the man came to file for divorce as instructed by his oyinbo wife. D news is still sketcy sha,as d woman's number not going thru sad
Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by Yoighaman(m): 1:12am On Aug 11, 2022
Twinanna:

Hi Dear,

Truth is, there are higher chances of the relationship breaking up, but there's still the possibility of you guys being together.

All hope is not lost, I have a cousin who professed love to his secondary school girlfriend and vice-versa when she was travelling to the UK. She came back about 12 years after to get married to him despite all oppositions by members of her family in the UK, and guess what, she was still a virgin. Today, they are happily married.

So, please keep hope alive but prepare for the worst.

Let me add this, if he decides to not travel because of you and you find a "better" man, fact is, you will dump his sorry assss over time and he'd regret his decision almost for the rest of his life, so let him move on and watch how things pan out.

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by Twinanna(f): 7:15am On Aug 11, 2022
PerfectStranger:
In all you do, please don’t try to manipulate that guy from traveling out.
So many home base looking for love, choose one and move on.

I do not intend to stop him from going. I'd never be one who'd prevent a person from making his life better, same way I'd never want anyone to stop me from chasing my dreams
Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by advanceDNA: 7:15am On Aug 11, 2022
Twinanna:

Is it student visa?? Or just jappa by visitor and over staying??
Look. advice him it's better you go together as dependant if its student visa...u will be able to work together and pull resources easily...its the best option for him... it's just visa fees, health insurance and plane ticket it will cost you incase he doesnt have

u dont even need to marry before you can be legal partners.....hold your property well...

which kind after one year be that?? grin

If he doesnt like the idea and doesnt accept....don't put your mind in the relationship...e don enter 50/50 mode...
Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by Blunttruth: 7:21am On Aug 11, 2022
Twinanna:
Let him put a ring on it, before he goes. If he loves you, and his family accept you then he would not want to lose you. You should tell him that. If that is not done my dear 5ake your mind off him. You are 23 and still young, start socializing, join church groups, go for parties. You are single,if you are married to him you can you wait. This happened to someo6close to me, the guy never came back,he went there for masters and ended up marrying a white for papers and the rest was history. She is married now after years of being alone, the guy came back begging after not being able to graduate and had married a white woman and had a child. His excuse then was that if he marries her his family won't sponsor his masters.
The sister learnt from what happened to her senior sister and told the guy she was dating that if he is leaving without getting married to her he should forget about the relationship. The elder brother who was sponsoring the boyfriend said if he marries he won't sponsor his master's anymore, so the boyfriend chose to marry, and the elder brother broke the relationship between himself and his brother. Today they are married and after 7 years the elder brother realised he was being stupid and decided to sponsor his master's abroad. Presently the wife is in Nigeria with the children while he is studying, making plans to bring them over once he is done.

You better speak up, and stop being stupid in love.
Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by Nonexisting: 7:24am On Aug 11, 2022
If he gets green card soonest and you are worth it, he will come back as promised at least to marry you so don't worry yourself. I have seen a guy travel to America with visa lottery and came back in just one year to marry his long time girlfriend. Everybody was shocked, I didn't believe it myself until I saw his trad pictures. His reason was that she was worth the sacrifice. I just hope you are not like every other Nigerian girl, my mild comment is based on your writeup that sounds like you are different. I'm not always this nice.
Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by James4358(m): 7:44am On Aug 11, 2022
You can still wait for ur fiance to return and do the needful... But ur honey pot needs to be serviced and maintained to avoid rust! Am readily available.
Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by Twinanna(f): 8:00am On Aug 11, 2022
James4358:
You can still wait for ur fiance to return and do the needful... But ur honey pot needs to be serviced and maintained to avoid rust! Am readily available.
People like you are the reason I don't socialize much.. give advice if you want to
Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by luminouz(m): 8:10am On Aug 11, 2022
OriOko88:
You've lost him So sad! Four years wasted like that undecided. I have a female neighbor like that whose husband has been in Germany since 2016(she actually told me when I packed in). D woman has been so desperate for romance maybe because of d years of loneliness.. It was when she's started getting close to me,wey I been dey reason her matter,after all she's yet to have kids.

Then suddenly out of nowhere,the man suddenly arrived last week Friday with a white woman.. With a mad Audi car. Don't really understand wats happening btw them cos d woman's family came this morning..commotion everywhere..but I had to leave for work..it was later tonight I dey hear d woman packed out that the man came to file for divorce as instructed by his oyinbo wife. D news is still sketcy sha,as d woman's number not going thru sad

Abeg...coman finish this story...give more gist grin
Re: Fiance Moving Abroad For Greener Pastures by Autobot05: 8:31am On Aug 11, 2022
Expect the best … while preparing for the worst
People change

Jesus is the ONLY way

(1) (Reply)

Maintaining Your Girlfriend Doesn’t Mean You‘re Kind or ‘Responsible / Can You Double Date? / 5 Ways To Make A Man Cry, Shake, And Scream Your Name In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.