Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo (38621 Views)

Do We Have Any Monumental Named After Awolowo In Southeast / How Azikiwe Opposed Awolowo In Putting Secession Permission Into The Constitutio / Nigerians React As Buhari Is Booed And Stoned At Ogun APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by zinizta: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:
Check the Igbo well, before now, the media space is all about IPOB and Nigeria is a zoo.

As soon as Obi got the ticket, they all switched mouth and started campaigning massively for Peter Obi and started tagging anyone that speak against them an efulefu and cancelling them.

But the same Igbo will attack a Yoruba supporting Tibubu by calling them tribalists and yet over 99% of them are always speaking in support of Peter Obi.

But some Yoruba lack self awareness, they are being gaslighted and used by the Igbos and forming woke on social media and getting guilt tripped.

As a Yoruba, you can support Peter Obi, Atiku, or Kwakwanso but if the reason you are supporting any of these guys is due to the gaslighting by other tribe , then you are foolish.

If you are a young person, why will you support Tinubu?

I know you are at liberty as to whosoever you want.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by AminuRano87(m): 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2022
BATified2023:
To all the Yorubas forming woke,can u now see clearly that igbos don’t love u n can never love u

They are decieving u that they would have preferred osinbajo but same people call osinbajo a fake pastor

The same people that hated awolowo,abiola n now tinubu are still d same person trying to turn your back against your people,what igbos do in Yoruba land n u woke Yorubas hail them u dare not do half of it in their region before they remove your head for u

History is about to repeat itself now,Peter obi is campaigning freely but they are issuing threats that tinubu dare not step foot into south east n u are still forming woke

Use your head n get d fact that the Fulani and the igbos are d same,the only difference is that the igbos don’t have federal power

The same people who mocked Yorubas then for being stupid on awolowo case n later said he took rat poison are still d same people who mocked abiola

Will u allow history to repeat itself by forming civil for people who never for once loved u

U think they love u now because they need your votes,many of those supporting obi today check their nairaland comments a year ago n see clearly their intention about Nigeria

Yoruba ronu a man who hates your father can never like u
Igbos are worse than Fulani

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Simplythebest: 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2022
Can Tinubu ever come to on any TV station to discuss real issue and answer questions. Well i no people like u i have them a lot in my whatsapp and when i see them talk on Facebook and other social media i shake my head. Hatred, tribalism have blind a lot of people eyes. Thank God my educated yoruba friends don't reason like u.
realestate99:

Projecting a serial liar on Nigerians is an insult to right thinking Nigerians, if Obi is the best Igbos can offer then it is finished for Alaigbo.

Nigeria would never descend so low to vote a person that takes meaningful advice from mad men, that is like voting a lunatic by proxy.

Yes, screenshot this message, an igbo Will never rule this nation, not now not in the future.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by aribisala0(m): 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2022
Gilgil:
They had an alternative of course.

Igbos voted maasively or Abiola, my friend.

Or did you intentionally ignore that an Igbo man was Vice presidential candidate with Tofa, yet the didn't vote him?

Meanwhile, Abiola was the Igbo candidate, even against their brother being VP, as Abiola was seen as an experienced business man.

No confuse people.

Igbos vote individual merits.

Osibanjo would have drawn from Obis votes significantly. But you would be blindness to that one too

What was the alternative?
Tofa defeated Abiola in Eboe land

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Gourdoinc(m): 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2022
PenSniper:

Wazzup Nwa Okija shrine ?
I dey onye nzuzu, onye nne ya bu onye ara

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Wwwq: 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2022
Really
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by PenSniper: 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2022
Gourdoinc:
I dey onye nzuzu, onye nne ya bu onye ara

Onye oshi, how far ?

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by emonis88: 6:15pm On Aug 12, 2022
Morphinne:

Really?
Imaginegrin He even said it so confidently that one would think that was exactly what I said verbatim.
No sir, I didn’t say that but yes, you don’t stone an elder, especially an elder that is not from your region and who is highly respected by his people.
Awo was and still remains a revered figure to the Yorubas. Naturally, stoning him was an act of gross impudence against the whole Yoruba race.
Did u see when he was been stoned?
N irrespective of the tribe , something that applies to one should also apply to d other.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Gourdoinc(m): 6:30pm On Aug 12, 2022
PenSniper:

Onye oshi, how far ?
onye nna ya nwere ibi

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Realist12: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2022
Simplythebest:
Igbos never hate yoruba people infact Igbos are the only region that believe in one Nigeria thats why u see them build houses all over the country and tell me how many yoruba people have houses or land in other regions. Hatred and tribalism have blind alot of people eyes thats why they don't know who is competent and smart between Tinubu and Obi
I wonder how u feel about Tinubu being ur president even to grant ordinary interview he can't cus he is afraid of what he will say and the kind of questions they will ask him.
You mentioned Pandora did the report said Obi steal money the answer is no but u fail to tell us that the same report talks about how Tinubu and Osun state governor looted money and use it to purchase properties but i never see u mention them is only Obi u see there cus of hatred, tribalism, poverty and eye service. Nigeria must be liberated from our wicked and selfish leaders whether people like u like it or not. God bless you
I lol , Just as the Igbos are welcome in yoruba land to live work and do business that's how other tribes are accepted here in Yoruba land. We welcome everyone. Now how many non indigenes do you see buy land and build house in the east ? Do you know why asides the hate y'all have you have ingrained it systemically in your systems by saying your people don't sell land to strangers , and I wonder how you can say that proudly. Tinubu can grant interview the reality is he has more planning to do and campaigns haven't kicked off . All this radio/tv presenting Obi is doing is because he hasn't done his homework prior to now that's why he's modeling at the airport lately cos of election. Tinubu is already an household name.

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by GeneralPula: 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2022
Zeezenho:

Yes we did not come to Nigeria the same day
Why did awo went to persuade Gowon to fight the Igbos?we now now how 3 million of our children were murdered.and we will never forget.

See as you dey lie. Awo went to do what? You think Awo will be much respected till date if e did such?

Go and ask them at home why Ojukwu attacked the west, even after Awo met with him and he had assured Awo he was gonna hold fire..

Igbos should be thankful to Awo everyday. If not for him, maybe Igbos for don perish..

Even Ojukwu that started war run away when himself see say war not a joke..

Nobody is responsible for the Igbos that died aside from Ojukwu. He was a joker during his live..

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by sonofthunder: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2022
[quote author=PointZerom post=115635348][/quote]

It may just be facts if it points out the behavior of the person in question. I'm not your opponent
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Shattuck(m): 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2022
aribisala0:
When Eboes voted Obasanjo what alternative did they have?
Eboes voted in preference for Tofa over Abiola
One is tempted to ignore your lies because it is genetic but we need to educate the gullible
Iboes will never vote Yoruba if they have an alternative

Yorubas should do the same in reverse
i think ojuku ran also when obasanjo did and there were other igbos too, even with the 79 election yorubas voted awolowo while igbos voted azikiwe look i am not igbo oh i am from edo state just stating my opinion i know it may be personal for some but if we can move past all this nigeria might see the light.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by aribisala0(m): 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2022
Shattuck:
i think ojuku ran also when obasanjo did and there were other igbos too, even with the 79 election yorubas voted awolowo while igbos voted azikiwe look i am not igbo oh i am from edo state just stating my opinion i know it may be personal for some but if we can move past all this nigeria might see the light.
Do not twist facts and spare me the crap. DO not jump in in the middle to start saying rubbish
In 1999 There were only two candidates and both were Yoruba .That is what we were talking about

To tell me that Iboes voted a Yoruba in 1999 is deceitful and dishonest. They had NO CHOICE""
I do not know why you are preaching to me? Iboes will not vote Yoruba and Yoruba will not vote Iboes . If Iboes vote a Yoruba they will only do so because they have no choice or out of gree
Now Ojuiku ran against Obasanjo in 2003 but he was an irrelevant politician like Dele Momodu
Did Ojuiku ever win any election in his life? What party did he run for? Was he a serious contender?

Now with the current candidates of Obi Atiku and Tinubu. There is no difference between them. If anythiing Obi is the worst. He has nothing to showcase and yet we are being bullied by Iboes upandan

You are telling me you are from Edo? I do not believe you or care . It is your business.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Igbojew: 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2022
aribisala0:
The story is a lie

It has been discredited on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4147830/biafra-twenty-pound-lie-busted
Which story is a lie you bloody liar.Ofcourse the story will be a lies because the perpetrator is your Lord Awolowo but let the perpetrator be an Igbo man you will people will believe it hook and sink like you people already believe this one Pa Adebanjo cooked that Igbos throw stone on the head of Awolowo in Abia state despite that the story sound funny.You Yorubas are indeed the problem of this country not actually Housa/Fulani people............ I am that Igbojew the table shaker

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by aribisala0(m): 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2022
Igbojew:
Which story is a lie you bloody liar.Ofcourse the story will be a lies because the perpetrator is your Lord Awolowo but let the perpetrator be an Igbo man you will people will believe it hook and sink like you people already believe this one Pa Adebanjo cooked that Igbos throw stone on the head of Awolowo in Abia state despite that the story sound funny.You Yorubas are indeed the problem of this country not actually Housa/Fulani people............ I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Always emotional like 8 year old boys. You want me to notice you

You folk are really quite amusing
All the empty machismo
The twenty pound lie was discredited on that thread and many Iboes like you ran away in shame
If you have anything inside your SQUARE HEAD go to the thread and join the debate

All these emotional stuff is just IMPOTENT NOISE

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by banggy: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2022
kayusely70:
This man is funny. He's still insisting that Igbo person should be the next president. But do they appreciate it?

Age is taking it toll on him

If not why should any sane Yoruba or other tribes support Igbo man?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Turboking(m): 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2022
Adexxi:
That proverb is for the olden days. Tinubu is a failed project . O maa lule ni . Why must your useless party give us cursed Tinubu Are there not better people in yoruba land again .

Power must remain in the north
Enikure
Typical of Obi supporters, intolerant,hate-filled, ethnocentric bigots. You want to be accommodated across board but vilifies and deprive others from other regions the liberty you enjoy in theirs.
Be tolerant and allow 2023 elections be an issue base campaign...is that too much to ask? I wonder where you guys got your political ideologies from...incase you lots has forgotten,we are in a democratic settings, know this and know peace

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Bayyajidda(m): 8:16pm On Aug 12, 2022
niggadee:
What happen to biafra

What happened to Oduduwa Republic?
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Spandau: 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2022
Reinamaria:
Baba Agbaya!

Those aversed to the truth are beginning to show up
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Turboking(m): 8:40pm On Aug 12, 2022
The same Pa Adebanjo advocating for South East presidency has opened a can of worms about what transpired in the 70's. They did it to the great AWO, they are setting landmines for ASIWAJU
Give them Osinbajo or Akinwunmi they will still throw
the FLYING OGBUINIGWE at them...this goes to show nothing has really changed since the 70's about these people..teni nteni tekisa ni taatan..he who has ears let them hear

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Igbojew: 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2022
Omoslim26:

grin grin Fixed.
Everybody knows the great Igbo tribe do not have time to spread hate, your taquiya antics is dry and stale.
Bastard jihadist from futadijalon like you can never be Igbo grin
I wonder how a people will come from Chad republic and be causing problem everywhere with their divide and rule agents like you spread all over sm undecided.
Oh shut up that thing you call mouth you Yoruba Muslims that don't have shame.Who doesn't know your low life behavior and unity begging here............I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Igbojew: 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2022
Bayyajidda:

What happened to Oduduwa Republic?
you asked him intelligent and good question...........I am that Igbojew
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Omoslim26: 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2022
Igbojew:
Oh shut up that thing you call mouth you Yoruba Muslims that don't have shame.Who doesn't know your low life behavior and unity begging here............I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Oh shut up that cursed hole between your face you dis eternally cursed vagabond from Chad republic, only gullible ones fall for the divide and rule taquiya antics of cursed jihadist from Chad like you .
The blessed Igbo tribe is not in tribal hateful competition with Yoruba or Hausa or any other tribe,prove me wrong by mentioning Igbos who go about spreading tribal hate like an eternally accursed vagabond like you go about doing.
Use your own tribe to do your Yoruba tribal hate you dis eternally cursed bastard Igbo wannabe.

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by niggadee(m): 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2022
BATified2023:
To all the Yorubas forming woke,can u now see clearly that igbos don’t love u n can never love u

They are decieving u that they would have preferred osinbajo but same people call osinbajo a fake pastor

The same people that hated awolowo,abiola n now tinubu are still d same person trying to turn your back against your people,what igbos do in Yoruba land n u woke Yorubas hail them u dare not do half of it in their region before they remove your head for u

History is about to repeat itself now,Peter obi is campaigning freely but they are issuing threats that tinubu dare not step foot into south east n u are still forming woke

Use your head n get d fact that the Fulani and the igbos are d same,the only difference is that the igbos don’t have federal power

The same people who mocked Yorubas then for being stupid on awolowo case n later said he took rat poison are still d same people who mocked abiola

Will u allow history to repeat itself by forming civil for people who never for once loved u

U think they love u now because they need your votes,many of those supporting obi today check their nairaland comments a year ago n see clearly their intention about Nigeria

Yoruba ronu a man who hates your father can never like u
they like to demonise yoruba
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Zeezenho: 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2022
GeneralPula:

See as you dey lie. Awo went to do what? You think Awo will be much respected till date if e did such?

Go and ask them at home why Ojukwu attacked the west, even after Awo met with him and he had assured Awo he was gonna hold fire..

Igbos should be thankful to Awo everyday. If not for him, maybe Igbos for don perish..

Even Ojukwu that started war run away when himself see say war not a joke..

Nobody is responsible for the Igbos that died aside from Ojukwu. He was a joker during his live..

Read what pa adebanjo that was with awo said.he went to Gowon told them if they allow igbos go yorubas too will go because they can't face Nigerian Borden alone without the Igbo I did not say it pa adebanjo said it.

It was same awo that initiated and executed the 5 pounds policies against the Igbos.

Same thing shettima told amount in the licked tape they will do to igbos.judge and tell us who is really the enemies of Nigerians.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by GeneralPula: 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2022
PericomaNwankwo:

Stoning him is minor compared to the millions of Igbos killed and raped by Afoonja soldiers

Who started the attack?

How can you come to my house with Gun and weapons and expect me to sit down and watch you wreck me?

Or how can you throw stones at me and expect me to throw meat at you in return?

Yeeboz should be lucky Nigerians are liberal. What their fore fathers did is enough to eradicate them completely.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by onyibest2k(m): 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2022
so you cant remember is same awolowo that give nigeria government strategy they use to finish almost 5 millions igbos so when they see him they should be clapping for him although thats history for now we are on the matther to make nigeria great again
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by GeneralPula: 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2022
Realtalk20:

Hehehehee whatever you have to them is irrelevant. You Yorubas are too damn tribalsitic and manipulative. There is a reason why the rest of us other tribes and minorities don't like you guys ...

Aside the Igbos, no other tribes hate yorubas.

Do you know how many non yorubas that are here in the west? If they hate us, you think they’ll wanna be with us? Yorubas are peace makers and only people who haven’t really know peace will hate such people. From the history, Igbos have not really known peace that’s why they don’t stay in their region..

As for the tribal, yorubas are not tribal at all. Even Jonathan said it himself. A lot of Nigerian knows this. So your proposition is invalid and totally wrong..

When it comes to being tribal, Yeeboz should be the last to complain. On nairaland, Igbos started the tribal card... Go through this particular thread below;

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

People warned them but they failed to listen. Now whatever they’re getting, it’s a return leg of the game they started.

So no Igbos should ever criticize any other tribe about tribalism.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by sirp9898(m): 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2022
Yorubas sorry for what happen then let's work together
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Lekan239(m): 12:15am On Aug 13, 2022
trutharena:
This is for some of the sophistico Yoruba youth that fell for the antics of Ibo people that always say they hate Tinubu not because he’s Yoruba and bla bla bla.

Awolowo was stoned when he went to the East to campaign back then and this is Pa Adebanjo the same Afenifere guy laying claim to that. Is Awolowo also a bad person like Tinubu according to the Ibos? Or why was he stoned?

Azikiwe campaigned easily in the SW but Awo was stoned in the SE for campaigning.

That’s the same thing they are doing to Tinubu. They are making sure he won’t be able to campaign in the SE, where they term any Igbo that support Tinubu as efulefu and always cancel them.

Yet the same people want to be left alone to campaign in the SW while some Yoruba guys with severe confusionists complex will be sheering them on.

The Yoruba are the only tribe in this country without tribal consciousness and it is as tho something is wrong.
I don't just know if it's only me, I can't stop having this feeling and vibes that their will be another Civil war in Nigeria if an Igbo man rule at this moment when their chant for Biafra is high.

Why is no one else having this sort of feelings. Even the pastors and prophet are not saying anything
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by StellarThesis: 1:28am On Aug 13, 2022
Built2last:
Front page material

See the sensational headline they gave it.#

They won't highlight this part of his statement. ''According to him, Awolowo once told him during his lifetime, “No, you must work with the Igbo because you cannot defeat these Fulani people alone”.

Awo insisted according to this article that Yoruba's need Igbos despite the incident but they want to ridicule and misinterpret what the old man is saying

The MODs are actively looking for anything that favours a certain candidate.

I posted many pictures of the Labour party conference holding in Abuja today.

2 MODs read it and moved on

This will hit front page in no time

The Mods have turned to scoundrels selling themselves for bread

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Visits Ebonyi State (Live Picture Updates) / Nigerian Politicians When Elections Are Near.(photo) / Buhari Absent At The FEC Meeting Again As Osinbajo Presides In His Absence.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.