Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo (38568 Views)

Do We Have Any Monumental Named After Awolowo In Southeast / How Azikiwe Opposed Awolowo In Putting Secession Permission Into The Constitutio / Nigerians React As Buhari Is Booed And Stoned At Ogun APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by pegix(m): 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:
This is for some of the sophistico Yoruba youth that fell for the antics of Ibo people that always say they hate Tinubu not because he’s Yoruba and bla bla bla.

Awolowo was stoned when he went to the East to campaign back then and this is Pa Adebanjo the same Afenifere guy laying claim to that. Is Awolowo also a bad person like Tinubu according to the Ibos? Or why was he stoned?

Azikiwe campaigned easily in the SW but Awo was stoned in the SE for campaigning.

That’s the same thing they are doing to Tinubu. They are making sure he won’t be able to campaign in the SE, where they term any Igbo that support Tinubu as efulefu and always cancel them.

Yet the same people want to be left alone to campaign in the SW while some Yoruba guys with severe confusionists complex will be sheering them on.

The Yoruba are the only tribe in this country without tribal consciousness and it is as tho something is wrong.
the only tribe without tribal conciousness...facts!!

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Morphinne: 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2022
Geminiivory:

if one person throw stone and no other person in the campaign ground didnt notice it, what doea that tell you? Keep on keeping on with your hate.. Naa you fo tire las las
Tire? Nah, I’m living my best life trolling morons like you, my dear grin
I’ll rest just immediately after the 2023 election because I’m sure that half of your entire population would have committed suicide by that time (Biafra or death!)
So Pa Adebanjo whom you guys have always been praising for not being on the same page with Tinubu (your nightmare grin) and for always talking about power shift to the East is now a liar, right? grin
It’s amazing how you Ipobian Jews easily switch allegiance from people who had been loyal to you anytime they say what you don’t want to hear.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Geminiivory: 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2022
jrusky:

Oh heaven pls stop posting epistle pls just say all I have said are lies or true then proof your stand that is all I need.

No need long story and abusive I don't really care because as I said your moniker already defines you and you did not disappointed to proof me right on that.

lol... Continue with your falsehood amd propaganda
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by pegix(m): 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2022
nedu666:
Wat a story. U went to campaign in aba and when you came back awo told u they stoned him. How come u did not notice they stoned awo atHi campaign ground until he informed you after the campaign?
How come awo is stoned no other person was stoned? How come this is the first time we are hearing this story since 1960. It's either you or awo is lying
this kid playing with fact and genuine history

Y'all just choose not to belief to proof a point clearly with ur own interest

Once something is fact let all agreee on that

Not doing so is an evidence of grosss stupidity

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Geminiivory: 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2022
Morphinne:

Tire? Nah, I’m living my best life trolling morons like you, my dear grin
I’ll rest just immediately after the 2023 election because I’m sure that half of your entire population would have committed suicide by that time (Biafra or death!)
So Pa Adebanjo whom you guys have always been praising for not being on the same page with Tinubu (your nightmare grin) and for always talking about power shift to the East is now a liar, right? grin
It’s amazing how you Ipobian Jews easily switch allegiance from people who had been loyal to you anytime they say what you don’t want to hear.

lol.. keep crying..
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Morphinne: 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2022
Geminiivory:

lol.. keep crying..
grin
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by JealousCobra(m): 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2022
Godfullsam:

Late Chief obafemi Awolowo was a great man. Millions of yoruba people benefited from the free education skull mining and agberorism he introduced while millions of ibo people died from the war ojukwu introduced.

Corrected, Now you knew better grin

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Igbojew: 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

Are you ashamed of those that stoned Awolowo?

Are you ashamed that your progenitors stoned Awolowo during campaign and that your current generation swore to do the same to Tinubu?

I don’t blame you guys, I only blame the Yorubas sophistico with no ethnic consciousness among us.

Imagine an Ibo boy arrested today for burning BRT in Lagos. He left his region to Lagos to burn our buses and yet Yoruba won’t speak up.

What has happened to the Yoruba for heaven sake? Can I go to Anambra to burn public buses and come back to Lagos alive?
You mean your drug lord Tinubu that sent his his Lagos touts MC Oluomu to attack Igbos there only sin is to vote a candidate of their choice and he also repeated same thing this year by sending his Lagos touts MC Oluomu to attack Igbos that want to register for PVC? One thing in this life is that what goes around comes around and you people generational lies against Igbos have been exposed and still keep on exposing........... I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Lightorder: 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:
This is for some of the sophistico Yoruba youth that fell for the antics of Ibo people that always say they hate Tinubu not because he’s Yoruba and bla bla bla.

Awolowo was stoned when he went to the East to campaign back then and this is Pa Adebanjo the same Afenifere guy laying claim to that. Is Awolowo also a bad person like Tinubu according to the Ibos? Or why was he stoned?

Azikiwe campaigned easily in the SW but Awo was stoned in the SE for campaigning.

That’s the same thing they are doing to Tinubu. They are making sure he won’t be able to campaign in the SE, where they term any Igbo that support Tinubu as efulefu and always cancel them.

Yet the same people want to be left alone to campaign in the SW while some Yoruba guys with severe confusionists complex will be sheering them on.

The Yoruba are the only tribe in this country without tribal consciousness and it is as tho something is wrong.

“The Yoruba are the only tribe in this country without tribal consciousness and it is as tho something is wrong”

You are a liar and you know it. Ask other tribes not Igbos , if yorubas are tribal conscious or not. Don’t be the judge in your own case
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Chidex50(m): 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2022
OkutaNla:

Now you don't want the country to divide, after chanting 'Biafra or Death' for the past 7+ years. What changed? Oh, because Una want PitObi presidency, no more Biafra? And you think say you wise?
What of Oduduwa Nations? You're just a hateful hypocrite.
HE PETER OBI is already a winner. If not you guys that enthroned a disaster that's causing the whole Country pains, will they be talking about secession? The country leadership is the problem why everyone is in disarray.
So now you're packaging an Ancestor/Agbado master aka President of Oduduwa Republic to govern living things. God forbid BAThing �
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Realguyman1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

Didn't Obasanjo campaign and won in South East? Shay Obasanjo nor be Yoruba, abi?

Obasanjo a Yoruba man was voted massively by the Igbo people and won the east against Ojukwu who was an Igbo man and also their leader in 2003 election, Why?
Since u guys said that the Igbos hate Tinubu only because he is a Yoruba man, then why did they vote for Obasanjo who is also a Yoruba man?

You guys all know the truth that the calamity called buhari that Tinubu helped installed in aso rock is the bad name that is spoiling Tinubu name all over Nigeria, but tribalism and hatred towards the Igbo people nor let una see road.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by appliedscience(m): 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2022
aribisala0:
The official Ibo position is that if it comes to crunch and a Yoruba person is likely to win instead of one of their own then it should stay with the Fulani
They are very entitled to hold that view and the Yoruba are also entitled to an appropriate response
The Yorubas should know that as far as they are concerned

The Ibo
Plan A is Obi
Plan B is Atiku
The Ibo are asking Yoruba to make Obi Plan A

that is Ibo sense for you
Very true.........

But I stil wish Osinbajo was APC flag bearer....one would have been able to see the ibos for who they truly are..... As a Yoruba man I love tinubu administrative skill, how he transformered Lagos ... But his heath and age is my concern.... Especially wen we made the same mistake with buari.... Whc is stil not over....
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Christian36: 1:07pm On Aug 12, 2022
nedu666:
Wat a story. U went to campaign in aba and when you came back awo told u they stoned him. How come u did not notice they stoned awo at campaign ground until he informed you after the campaign?
How come awo is stoned no other person was stoned? How come this is the first time we are hearing this story since 1960. It's either you or awo is lying
My brother, don't mind them, they should look for another story to tell us. Honestly, the problem of Nigeria are Nigerians. Imagine, someone ready to do anything just for money even when they know that the wrong selection we do in selecting the president will have a negative impact on the next generation.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Lightorder: 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:
Check the Igbo well, before now, the media space is all about IPOB and Nigeria is a zoo.

As soon as Obi got the ticket, they all switched mouth and started campaigning massively for Peter Obi and started tagging anyone that speak against them an efulefu and cancelling them.

But the same Igbo will attack a Yoruba supporting Tibubu by calling them tribalists and yet over 99% of them are always speaking in support of Peter Obi.

But some Yoruba lack self awareness, they are being gaslighted and used by the Igbos and forming woke on social media and getting guilt tripped.

As a Yoruba, you can support Peter Obi, Atiku, or Kwakwanso but if the reason you are supporting any of these guys is due to the gaslighting by other tribe , then you are foolish.

oga you lack sense. Before you start displaying your inherent tribalism, Yorubas shouldn’t have sat there and watch Osinbajo humiliated out of the ticket for a tired tinubu who was the architect of the ordeal Nigeria is passing through today. You guys made same mistake in 2015 as others watched and now not only yorubas are in this mess today.

Fine Yoruba sons like Osinajo , Akinwumi Adesina , even Fashola would have been better. These are men who still have strength and would have brought something to the table for goodness of everyone in Nigeria. Now all your upside down brains could come up with is frail tinubu. God forbid you all
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Igbojew: 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2022
M4A1carbine:
Its their way...later the same people will say OBIDIENTS are insultive and they incite violence.

These same mofos...have insulted everybody under the sun...even the Buhari they claimed to Love.

This time is Tit for Tat....

Shey they have started issuing useless press statements, claiming to be useless victims of what they are known for everywhere.

When election Proper start..them go understand...spits!!

Don't mind those lieing tribe,they lies to remain relevant in this country.Like their elders like their young ones they can't do without lies,deceits, crying and blackmailing against Igbos but this time around Igbos are ready for them...........i am that Igbojew

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Christian36: 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2022
BATified2023:
To all the Yorubas forming woke,can u now see clearly that igbos don’t love u n can never love u

They are decieving u that they would have preferred osinbajo but same people call osinbajo a fake pastor

The same people that hated awolowo,abiola n now tinubu are still d same person trying to turn your back against your people,what igbos do in Yoruba land n u woke Yorubas hail them u dare not do half of it in their region before they remove your head for u

History is about to repeat itself now,Peter obi is campaigning freely but they are issuing threats that tinubu dare not step foot into south east n u are still forming woke

Use your head n get d fact that the Fulani and the igbos are d same,the only difference is that the igbos don’t have federal power

The same people who mocked Yorubas then for being stupid on awolowo case n later said he took rat poison are still d same people who mocked abiola

Will u allow history to repeat itself by forming civil for people who never for once loved u

U think they love u now because they need your votes,many of those supporting obi today check their nairaland comments a year ago n see clearly their intention about Nigeria

Yoruba ronu a man who hates your father can never like u
you mean Igbos do love Yoruba but they voted for a Yoruba man(Obasanjo) massively in 2009. You guys are just being wicked and heartless to a country you called your father's land.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Christian36: 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2022
BATified2023:
To all the Yorubas forming woke,can u now see clearly that igbos don’t love u n can never love u

They are decieving u that they would have preferred osinbajo but same people call osinbajo a fake pastor

The same people that hated awolowo,abiola n now tinubu are still d same person trying to turn your back against your people,what igbos do in Yoruba land n u woke Yorubas hail them u dare not do half of it in their region before they remove your head for u

History is about to repeat itself now,Peter obi is campaigning freely but they are issuing threats that tinubu dare not step foot into south east n u are still forming woke

Use your head n get d fact that the Fulani and the igbos are d same,the only difference is that the igbos don’t have federal power

The same people who mocked Yorubas then for being stupid on awolowo case n later said he took rat poison are still d same people who mocked abiola

Will u allow history to repeat itself by forming civil for people who never for once loved u

U think they love u now because they need your votes,many of those supporting obi today check their nairaland comments a year ago n see clearly their intention about Nigeria

you mean Igbos don't love Yoruba but they voted for a Yoruba man(Obasanjo) massively in 1999. You guys are just being wicked and heartless to a country you called your father's land. Go and check the record, majority of southwest states voters voted against their own son Obasanjo in 1999 while Igbos stood beside him and you are here saying that Igbos hate Yoruba just because Tinubu has given you your own share.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by damocool(m): 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2022
vince2016:

You are spot on with this and this is also my concern. If we all join hands and vote for Peter Obi. The Yorubas will surely be side lined and the Ibos in their usual arrogance will brag that they made it happened.They have lived long with the Yorubas but secretly hate them. I try as much as possible to stop the idea with people that PO is the messiah with the magic wand to change everything. We are only expressing hope in him like other people will do for their preferred candidate. At end of the day we all want a better and prosperous Nigeria.
I don't even have problem with Obi becoming the president, even though I'm voting for sowore or this sdp guy, but an average ibo man is filled with bile against the yorubas, except the genuinely born again Christian among them. The day I was told that ibos don't like other tribes to understand their language, I argued it's a lie but the man had to invite the ibo guy in his complex, repeated same but the guy was just smiling.. Imagine people we will just with love teach them our language. Imagine you visit an ibo family with clear understanding of yoruba language but prefers to speak Igbo in ur presence when communicating with themselves, and it's very comot among them. I don't hate ibos, but their excesses is just too much just like these Fulanis causing havoc because of buhari.
Secession is the best thing for this country.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Igbojew: 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2022
nedu666:
Wat a story. U went to campaign in aba and when you came back awo told u they stoned him. How come u did not notice they stoned awo at campaign ground until he informed you after the campaign?
Hahahaha you really know this people too well,they always lie till they get confused.One thing am happy from what that Pa Adebanjo said in all his jaggons lies is that he acknowledged that Igbos are brave and superior to his Yoruba people and also Fulani people.Awolowo and Yorubas knows that they can't do without Igbos in this country and without brave Igbos Fulanis would have decimated them but out of jealousy against Igbos they don't want to openly admit it but who cares..........I am that Igbojew
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Is04970: 1:20pm On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

God bless you

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Igbojew: 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2022
F4ku:

LOL.. Why should he be ashamed? ..
A 2face serpentine coward who never had the balls to seceded on his own rather relied on others to make the first move.

Why didn't Awolowo declared Oduduwa independence on his own?
Why did he so much wanted the igbos to comeback?
If he was a true leader of the Yorubas, he didn't need the igbos in other to declare for an all Oduduwa nation.

Moreso it would have been difficult for the Fulani to attack the west and east at the same time.
So i see no reason why Awolowo needed the igbos.
Rather his selfish Ambition to him, sufficed more than the yoruba interest.
What do you expect from those coward people called Yoruba,like their coward Awolowo who always hide at the back of Ojukwu during Nigeria break up like their present leaders and rest of Yorubas who always uses Igbo braveness as a ladder to make noise and Sunday Igboho came to mind.Coward and evil people that always uses Igbo braveness to shine but we are waiting for them............I am that Igbojew
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by eternallyfocus: 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

igbos don't deserve to be tolerated...u do that at ur own peril.they only deserve to be enslave

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by butterfly777(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2022
stuffs4me:

Hahahaha...

YEEBOS and deceit. This Igbo is pretending to be Yoruba. That was how one was trying to claim to be a Hausa guy supporting Peter Obi and was just messing up at his weak attempt to pretend to be Hausa.

YEEBOS are cursed.

Keep being adamant at calling people names. I just know that your eyes go soon clear.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by ajani2311: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2022
Not by shouting, wait till that time , if obi comes ahead of tinubu come and remind me of my promise
CSTRR:

Because other people dey vote with leaves abi?

Even the Yorubas you are counting on to vote wrongly, are now sensible.

They have left you and your agbado president in the past.

They want a better future for themselves and their children.

Your agbado president is a No No.

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by M4A1carbine: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2022
Utali!!...Flog dem cane well well.

That their useless Agbado office must cry again in public.

Igbojew:
Don't mind those lieing tribe,they lies to remain relevant in this country.Like their elders like their young ones they can't do without lies,deceits, crying and blackmailing against Igbos but this time around Igbos are ready for them...........i am that Igbojew
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by eternallyfocus: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2022
Gourdoinc:
please get this to front page. This is a useless forum anyway that lives on false narratives and slanderous tales. Where are the moderators , Food has landed. Something to insult the Igbos has landed. Lies against the Igbos has landed. Rubbish post has landed. Please get it to front page.

Unfortunately, Tinubu will never be the president of Nigeria. Maybe of Oduduwa Republic, that's if they will allow him get that. The Yoruba's are too sophisticated for such a criminal.
I can promise you...u will have serious problem in ladipo, Island,Alaba market..
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Zadaora: 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2022
When I see topics like this on this forum and then I see these back and forth tribal wars, I just feel so disillusioned because I know that Nigeria will not be able to get out of its present predicament with the crop of young people we have now.
How can any sensible young person be clamouring for any of these politicians to come back. These people have all held political positions in the past, they did not perform miracles, in fact even the basics they couldn't provide but all of a sudden they now have the solution to our problem.
If any of these politicians actually have an ounce of patriotism in them or have an inkling of a way to get Nigeria better, they would have brought up these "so called ideas" during this administration before things got out of hand. Instead they all kept mute and let things degenerate to this stage. And now they've all come out once again like a pack of vultures promising you all wonderful miracles and like a bunch of fools, you're supporting them again.
For your information, all of them that have held political positions have stolen public funds one way or the other and they've all established safe havens for their dependents outside this country. Continue arguing back and forth across tribal lines as if poverty and insecurity distinguishes between tribe.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Igbojew: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2022
BATified2023:

After writing this jaggons to pit your Yoruba people against Igbos have already failed on arrival.You Yoruba Muslims like MURIC want to impose Sharia laws through Tinubu Muslim Muslim ticket against good Yoruba Christians and Traditionalist but Igbos will resist it and protect them.I wish Yoruba Christians and Traditionalist will see the deceit from Tinubu and MURIC that never let Osibanjo breath because he is a Christian,they even called him Judas who betrayed their Muslim drug lord Tinubu until they succeded in frustrating him out but Igbos are ready for you Yoruba Muslims............I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by realestate99: 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2022
CSTRR:

A bigoted sub-humanoid is trying to be rational at the same time.

You are a nitwit.

Come and stop Igbos from ruling Nigeria na with your one vote.

When Azikiwe was creating Nigeria, where was your forefathers?

Your forefathers were busy sponsoring ethnic division when Azikiwe was enforcing one naijeria.

Clown.
Your same Azikwe that has no ratings in Alaigbo!!! If he was fighting for one Nigeria, why are his people hell bent on Biafra? I have always known you to be extremely shallow but the fact is no Igbo man will rule this nation.
The one Nigeria Azikwe supported is now the bane of your people, you are stuck.

And next time , my ancestors are far more sophisticated than a group of people that cook each other for dinner less than a century ago, roaming the Eastern jungles naked.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Gourdoinc(m): 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2022
eternallyfocus:
I can promise you...u will have serious problem in ladipo, Island,Alaba market..
I have screenshot this comment. I can also promise you that when you do that, the destruction of endsars will be child's play. You think people can destroy the sweat of others due to politics and get away with it ? Do you assume the people you talking to are a bunch of nobodies ? My brother in this life and the next , dem no born anybody well to destroy those markets and places of business without large scale repercussions. Go and ask the north and you will learn why they have learnt to tow a different path rather than violence.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by realestate99: 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2022
Adexxi:
Wait till after election before you know if we are minority or not .... 2023 go shock Tinubu slaves ...... Eyin oloriburuku
You are not a Yoruba, I know a deranged ipobian when I see one, don't try to cajole me with your fluency in Yoruba language, many of your likes have been in South west for ages, selling ice creams and fake chargers,.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by eternallyfocus: 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2022
Gourdoinc:
I have screenshot this comment. I can also promise you that when you do that, the destruction of endsars will be child's play.
fear don grip am....u are fighting ur landlord abi...u will go and continue ur biz in onisha market

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Biafran Leader Nnamdi Kanu: The Man Behind Nigeria's Separatists - BBC / Femi Fani-kayode's Reacts To Supreme Court Ruling Upholding Makarfi-Led PDP / Confusion As Uzodinma & Uche Nwosu Receive INEC Forms As APC Candidates (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.