Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo (38534 Views)

Do We Have Any Monumental Named After Awolowo In Southeast / How Azikiwe Opposed Awolowo In Putting Secession Permission Into The Constitutio / Nigerians React As Buhari Is Booed And Stoned At Ogun APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by LadyRosa(f): 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2022
Yoruba1stson:
Mynd44 Seun Dominique Justwise Lalasticlala Oam4J
Rule 2

Se owa ok?
Abi you want me to add you join?
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by MrMaestro: 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2022
Wow this is an eye opener.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by BeardGangJnr1(m): 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2022
LadyRosa:

Lol. I'm a lesser who're than my mother!
Nothing to fix here except she spreads it across to both humans, Mammon and animals
grin grin cheesy
Windbag....why's yo argument centered about yo mother...?? What a reprobate undecided
I won't insult yo mom shaaa....I was raised different....!
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by LadyRosa(f): 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:

Windbag....why's yo argument centered about yo mother...?? What a reprobate undecided
I won't insult yo mom shaaa....I was raised different....!

Naa you weren't raised differently.
It's an affirmation to 'what' she really is for raising a dingbat for a son kiss
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 14, 2022
trutharena:

Are you ashamed of those that stoned Awolowo?

Are you ashamed that your progenitors stoned Awolowo during campaign and that your current generation swore to do the same to Tinubu?

I don’t blame you guys, I only blame the Yorubas sophistico with no ethnic consciousness among us.

Imagine an Ibo boy arrested today for burning BRT in Lagos. He left his region to Lagos to burn our buses and yet Yoruba won’t speak up.

What has happened to the Yoruba for heaven sake? Can I go to Anambra to burn public buses and come back to Lagos alive?

I attended University in IBO land several years ago where I spent 6 years. In the last 5 weeks on nairaland I have been saying if Tinubu chooses Pope as VP, IBOS will not vote him. Anybody from North or South West that spent 6 years in IBO University several years ago will understand me.

First Republic was before Biafra war.

In 1993 Abiola had problems with the IBOS because they thought the Presidency should have been theirs. Though, we never thought along this line. It was an incident in the University that led us into analysis of Abiola's predicament in the hands of the IBOS. Abiola offered IBOS the Secretary to FGN position. They rejected it. They (IBOS) said Secretary is the person that serves his master tea in the office. As at this time, the National Assembly had been inaugurated since 1992. Senate President is from Benue, Speaker is IBO. Kingibe is VP, Abiola is Presidential candidate, Party Chairman is Edo. The IBOS said no, Secretary to FGN is an insult. They preferred NRC where they (IBOS) will be VP and Speaker as it was under NPN.
An Hausa student whose father is a prominent Kano Politician (though left for Russia in year 2) told us the only option available is for Abiola not to contest because Kingibe has taken the North Position. The IBOS wanted Abiola's position. Kabiru told us, his father confided in him that the IBOS hated the Yorubas.

In the First Republic Awolowo was stoned at Aba. That was before Biafra.

I think it must have been before or after the Cross Carpeting at the Western Region Parliament. The IBOS said Awolowo started tribal politics for an incident at Western Parliament. The Parliament at Kaduna and Enugu were under the control of the natives.

The problem is the Yorubas, especially, Yoruba youths. There is a serious DRUG problems in Yoruba land. The youths under the influence of drugs cannot think right. During EndSars, the Yorubas under the influence of drugs joined the IBOS to burn Lagos and Tinubu properties and investment. You cannot convince them, under drug, they have been radicalised against their fathers houses and tenets by the IBOS.

Some yoruba elites and professionals under objectivity, fairness and sympathy also think the same way the youths under the influence of drugs think. My Hausa / Fulani friends always express fears about the future of Yorubas to me.

They threatened to burn Fela shrine in Yoruba land.

A nairaland member REALTALK20 one of Peter Obi team has been going up and down saying rubbish unapologetically.

It seems they want to fight dirty. Nobody dies without giving it a fight. They said they prefer death to a Presidential candidate ruling over them. They abused Prof Wole Soyinka over the statement he made against those hooligans in Pyrates Confraternity apparels chanting against Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by muykem: 4:26am On Aug 14, 2022
wittywriter:
Most of the elders like this elder in Nigeria are the architect of tribalism....they love to thrive and dwell on such cases....

Saved.

Saved....

To what benefit?...There are better history to uphold....or do you still want it to continue?

©Wittyness.
But history is repeating itself. The level of hatred towards Tinubu by Igbo youth is more than politics. They didn't express such hatred to Atiku.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by toneroforever(m): 5:40am On Aug 14, 2022
trutharena:
This is for some of the sophistico Yoruba youth that fell for the antics of Ibo people that always say they hate Tinubu not because he’s Yoruba and bla bla bla.

Awolowo was stoned when he went to the East to campaign back then and this is Pa Adebanjo the same Afenifere guy laying claim to that. Is Awolowo also a bad person like Tinubu according to the Ibos? Or why was he stoned?

Azikiwe campaigned easily in the SW but Awo was stoned in the SE for campaigning.

That’s the same thing they are doing to Tinubu. They are making sure he won’t be able to campaign in the SE, where they term any Igbo that support Tinubu as efulefu and always cancel them.

Yet the same people want to be left alone to campaign in the SW while some Yoruba guys with severe confusionists complex will be sheering them on.

The Yoruba are the only tribe in this country without tribal consciousness and it is as tho something is wrong.

Stop this politics of hate. Truth is what brings justice. SW & SS has produced the president in since 1999. Instead of SW to support SE so each region can take their turn naturally,they are supporting BAT.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by toneroforever(m): 5:46am On Aug 14, 2022
muykem:
But history is repeating itself. The level of hatred towards Tinubu by Igbo youth is more than politics. They didn't express such hatred to Atiku.

Think about this for a moment. After all the shout in 2014-2015 against GEJ & PDP about corruption, bad leadership etc. Why is the SW not displaying the same level of rejection towards PMB,BAT & APC. Just asking though

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Enkidu70: 6:20am On Aug 14, 2022
Built2last:

Did you see this part of that statement. According to him, Awolowo once told him during his lifetime, “No, you must work with the Igbo because you cannot defeat these Fulani people alone”. I bet you didn't read the instruction of AWO to the elderstates man because your heart is full of evil hatred

You can go to Anambra and burn buses. but if they catch you, you will be killed. The guy you have in court that burnt BRT buses may be innocent but it won't serve the narrative people like you would want to hear if the news came out and it was one Oluwole, hence, they have arrested one innocent Igbo man. Was there CCTV or any evidence to prove beyond doubt that the man burnt those buses.

Igbira boys moved from Kogi state and killed over 50 Yoruba indegenes in a church, You and your leaders are quiet because its not Igbo that did it. If a single Igbo man was on that list people like you would have been venting.

chill, Igbos are people you don't know what to do to. They are like wind. everywhere. you can't trap them.

It is bitterness that will kill.all you Ibo people. You weren't born when those things happened but you grew up on the lies and false narrative fed you by your deceitful parents. Bitterness will kill you.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Realtalk20: 6:36am On Aug 14, 2022
babaolofin:

I attended University in IBO land several years ago where I spent 6 years. In the last 5 weeks on nairaland I have been saying if Tinubu chooses Pope as VP, IBOS will not vote him. Anybody from North or South West that spent 6 years in IBO University several years ago will understand me.

First Republic was before Biafra war.

In 1993 Abiola had problems with the IBOS because they thought the Presidency should have been theirs. Though, we never thought along this line. It was an incident in the University that led us into analysis of Abiola's predicament in the hands of the IBOS. Abiola offered IBOS the Secretary to FGN position. They rejected it. They (IBOS) said Secretary is the person that serves his master tea in the office. As at this time, the National Assembly had been inaugurated since 1992. Senate President is from Benue, Speaker is IBO. Kingibe is VP, Abiola is Presidential candidate, Party Chairman is Edo. The IBOS said no, Secretary to FGN is an insult. They preferred NRC where they (IBOS) will be VP and Speaker as it was under NPN.
An Hausa student whose father is a prominent Kano Politician (though left for Russia in year 2) told us the only option available is for Abiola not to contest because Kingibe has taken the North Position. The IBOS wanted Abiola's position. Kabiru told us, his father confided in him that the IBOS hated the Yorubas.

In the First Republic Awolowo was stoned at Aba. That was before Biafra.

I think it must have been before or after the Cross Carpeting at the Western Region Parliament. The IBOS said Awolowo started tribal politics for an incident at Western Parliament. The Parliament at Kaduna and Enugu were under the control of the natives.

The problem is the Yorubas, especially, Yoruba youths. There is a serious DRUG problems in Yoruba land. The youths under the influence of drugs cannot think right. During EndSars, the Yorubas under the influence of drugs joined the IBOS to burn Lagos and Tinubu properties and investment. You cannot convince them, under drug, they have been radicalised against their fathers houses and tenets by the IBOS.

Some yoruba elites and professionals under objectivity, fairness and sympathy also think the same way the youths under the influence of drugs think. My Hausa / Fulani friends always express fears about the future of Yorubas to me.

They threatened to burn Fela shrine in Yoruba land.

A nairaland member REALTALK20 one of Peter Obi team has been going up and down saying rubbish unapologetically.

It seems they want to fight dirty. Nobody dies without giving it a fight. They said they prefer death to a Presidential candidate ruling over them. They abused Prof Wole Soyinka over the statement he made against those hooligans in Pyrates Confraternity apparels chanting against Tinubu.

This ranting unstable mind.... Bros get some help you sound like you are losing it ...

Pun intended grin
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by tishbite42: 7:19am On Aug 14, 2022
toneroforever:

Think about this for a moment. After all the shout in 2014-2015 against GEJ & PDP about corruption, bad leadership etc. Why is the SW not displaying the same level of rejection towards PMB,BAT & APC. Just asking though
The Yorubas are hypocritical
They can't help themselves
They hate Obi but want the Igbos to love Tinubu
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by muykem: 8:09am On Aug 14, 2022
toneroforever:

You don't try to understand my point. Every religion has right to support and voted to defend their interest. South East doesn't need to support Awolowo, Tiunbu or any other Yoruba man but that should be in the realms of politics not hatred. Stolen candidate in the campaign ground is not politics. GEJ would not have become president at all if not for Yorubas.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 14, 2022
tishbite42:

The Yorubas are hypocritical
They can't help themselves
They hate Obi but want the Igbos to love Tinubu

The Yorubas fought and brought Jonathan to power. IBOS never contributed anything to Jonathan's presidency. Jonathan's presidency was fought for South South people. Prof Wole Soyinka led the Niger Delta militants discussion with FG before Amnesty program was arrived at, IBO contributed nothing. Tunde Bakare led the famous mass action that made the NASSS to confirm Jonathan as acting president. OBJ singlehandedly negotiated Presidency for Jonathan, IBOS contributed nothing.

Immediately Jonathan became President, they hijacked it.

The IBOS fought Abiola, they insult, assault and blackmailed Obasanjo in late 1998 / 99 because of PDP primary. They created chaos, cried foul and heated the polity under military head of state just because Obasanjo was contesting against Alex Ekwueme.

Now, for almost 5 years they wanted Tinubu's death. In the last 3 years, they said they prefer death to Tinubu's ruling them.

Before Biafra war happened, they stoned Awolowo at Aba.

I spent 6 years in University in IBO land, if Tinubu chooses pope or angel as VP, IBOS will never vote for him.

It is not about GEJ, Afenifere & OPC were with GEJ. In 2019 Presidential election, PDP had more votes in many states than APC in some South West State despite Tinubu as APC national leader.You can never get that in IBO land if Tinubu were to be an IBO.

Nobody wants IBO to love Tinubu in as much no Fulani wants IBO to love Buhari. The fact is that IBOS hate Yorubas while majority of them come to Yoruba land for survival.

Azikiwe campaigned peacefully in Yoruba land and had followers. Awolowo was stoned at Aba. In future Yoruba youths would wake up.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by BeardGangJnr1(m): 9:05am On Aug 14, 2022
LadyRosa:

Naa you weren't raised differently.
It's an affirmation to 'what' she really is for raising a dingbat for a daughter like me kiss
If u drag wit pigs � � they tend to take u down the gutters where they dwell....Adios puta
Dirty fugly pillock undecided
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by LadyRosa(f): 9:23am On Aug 14, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:

If u drag wit pigs � � they tend to take u down the gutters where they dwell....Adios puta
Dirty fugly pillock undecided

Drag with pigs ke, when I joined you in a mud.
You first class downtrodden son of a demented Bleep'tard!

Adieu kiss
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by basybasy: 10:41am On Aug 14, 2022
trutharena:
Check the Igbo well, before now, the media space is all about IPOB and Nigeria is a zoo.

As soon as Obi got the ticket, they all switched mouth and started campaigning massively for Peter Obi and started tagging anyone that speak against them an efulefu and cancelling them.

But the same Igbo will attack a Yoruba supporting Tibubu by calling them tribalists and yet over 99% of them are always speaking in support of Peter Obi.

But some Yoruba lack self awareness, they are being gaslighted and used by the Igbos and forming woke on social media and getting guilt tripped.

As a Yoruba, you can support Peter Obi, Atiku, or Kwakwanso but if the reason you are supporting any of these guys is due to the gaslighting by other tribe , then you are foolish.

Obi is going nowhere
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by tishbite42: 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
babaolofin:

The Yorubas fought and brought Jonathan to power. IBOS never contributed anything to Jonathan's presidency. Jonathan's presidency was fought for South South people. Prof Wole Soyinka led the Niger Delta militants discussion with FG before Amnesty program was arrived at, IBO contributed nothing. Tunde Bakare led the famous mass action that made the NASSS to confirm Jonathan as acting president. OBJ singlehandedly negotiated Presidency for Jonathan, IBOS contributed nothing.

Immediately Jonathan became President, they hijacked it.

The IBOS fought Abiola, they insult, assault and blackmailed Obasanjo in late 1998 / 99 because of PDP primary. They created chaos, cried foul and heated the polity under military head of state just because Obasanjo was contesting against Alex Ekwueme.

Now, for almost 5 years they wanted Tinubu's death. In the last 3 years, they said they prefer death to Tinubu's ruling them.

Before Biafra war happened, they stoned Awolowo at Aba.

I spent 6 years in University in IBO land, if Tinubu chooses pope or angel as VP, IBOS will never vote for him.

It is not about GEJ, Afenifere & OPC were with GEJ. In 2019 Presidential election, PDP had more votes in many states than APC in some South West State despite Tinubu as APC national leader.You can never get that in IBO land if Tinubu were to be an IBO.

Nobody wants IBO to love Tinubu in as much no Fulani wants IBO to love Buhari. The fact is that IBOS hate Yorubas while majority of them come to Yoruba land for survival.

Azikiwe campaigned peacefully in Yoruba land and had followers. Awolowo was stoned at Aba. In future Yoruba youths would wake up.
Yorubas and lies. Yorubas and history revisionism.
The person who played the singular role that brought GEJ to power was Akunyili. She is Igbo. Her memo at the FEC changed the equation. GEJ, inorder to please the North, later betrayed her.
The Igbos supported GEJ more than his kinsmen and still support him even though his people have moved on. The Igbos gave him the highest block votes ever seen in Igboland. Not even Azikiwe or Ojukwu experienced such love. All this happened without any inducement.
The Yorubas were angry because GEJ tried to bring back the Igbos into the mainstream of Nigerian politics. They conspired against him, in the process of that, betrayed the whole South to the Fulanis. We can see the effect of that today.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Lite2018: 12:51pm On Aug 14, 2022
Tflex01:

If you are truly Yoruba and you think Obi is better than Tinubu then you are really a foo.lish person. The Igbos promoting that fraud Obi are obviously smarter than you lots. You people make us understand why some persons believe that Igbos are the only group of people that can consistently sell fake products to you at the price of original.

Hmmmmm, foolish?? That is a strong word. Well, you are just a man blinded by tribalism so it makes it difficult to see clearly, if you think you can gaslight everyone to vote your candidates without putting his credentials out there you are not just being foolish, you are a fool ( I hope you know the difference)

What has your candidates done apart from slowing the growth of Lagos? If you compare Lagos to other port capital with equivalent revenue size around Africa you would cry. Unfortunately you don't read so you don't know. As long as you go to your APC strategy meeting on WhatsApp and telegram and you are brain washed or maybe given little 1000 for data, you strength is renew to call people names. Boss read news, compare economics, find out the Nigeria problem and if your candidates fit to the solving plan or keeeep quiet.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Tflex01: 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2022
Lite2018:

Hmmmmm, foolish?? That is a strong word. Well, you are just a man blinded by tribalism so it makes it difficult to see clearly, if you think you can gaslight everyone to vote your candidates without putting his credentials out there you are not just being foolish, you are a fool ( I hope you know the difference)

What has your candidates done apart from slowing the growth of Lagos? If you compare Lagos to other port capital with equivalent revenue size around Africa you would cry. Unfortunately you don't read so you don't know. As long as you go to your APC strategy meeting on WhatsApp and telegram and you are brain washed or maybe given little 1000 for data, you strength is renew to call people names. Boss read news, compare economics, find out the Nigeria problem and if your candidates fit to the solving plan or keeeep quiet.

The Obi you are supporting accelerated Anambra's growth abi? cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

YOU ARE EVEN MORE STUPID THAN I THOUGHT!

Abeg go back to Obi supporters telegram groups where Igbos continue to brainwash you against your own people.

Werey! grin

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Lite2018: 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2022
Tflex01:

The Obi you are supporting accelerated Anambra's growth abi? cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

YOU ARE EVEN MORE STUPID THAN I THOUGHT!

Abeg go back to Obi supporters telegram groups where Igbos continue to brainwash you against your own people.

Werey! grin

Ouchhh!!! The capital letters hurts.. lol.
When one spends all his time on nairaland for his news source instead of bringing out document and figure from reliable sources, it just shows that you really don't readddd. Lol.

You only come here to do what you were instructed to do from your grouuuuppps ( I don't know if peter obi has a group, I have not been added that is why I do not follow any script or strategy unlike you..lol)

For your information, Look through the trend in the news source you posted. The complaint was 2 things majorly

1) refusal to borrow
2) little infrastructure unlike Ngige

All the complains are true peter obi refused to borrow as a result he was able to reduce Anambra domestic and foreign debt to almost zero (at least compared to your candidate states). The behind the scene of this is that he invested in bonds and absolutely safe investment that would yield in tranches meaning successive government of Anambra would always have access to fund. This was a master stroke.

Secondly, peter obi did infrastructure tho not on the Ngige level however the backend is that most infrastructure he brokered especially in the health sector were master strokes also due to his prudent nature successive government has access to enough fund to build as much infrastructure as possible. That is why Obiano (a suspected drunk) can build an airport without equivalent growth of revenue. The question you should ask is where did he get the money?? I would answer you peter obi's investment

Your candidates couldn't as much upgrade the MMI airport not to talk of building another one in spite the airport being largely burden due to heavy traffic as a result of Lagos being a port city. Do you know why?? because all they do paying PR companies and people like you to hype it minor infrastructural growth while the critical and people oriented ones are never complete( ask me about the blue and red rail line because I am sure you don't know because you don't read)... Ohhh, i almost forgot that they also invest heavily in making ensuring appropriate reward systems in political parties as well as making thuggery lucrative.

Lastly, to ensure you are well briefed and you don't sound Stupid again, the Nigeria problem is our ease to borrow and invest heavily on infrastructure while our economy is dying. The buhari's administration did well in regards to infrastructure but the failure is in economy. Peter obi represent the opposite, grow the economy, the economy growth would lead to infrastructural growth.

I am glad if you read to this point, you would have been healed of a minor part of your stupidity.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Tflex01: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
Lite2018:

Ouchhh!!! The capital letters hurts.. lol.
When one spends all his time on nairaland for his news source instead of bringing out document and figure from reliable sources, it just shows that you really don't readddd. Lol.

You only come here to do what you were instructed to do from your grouuuuppps ( I don't know if peter obi has a group, I have not been added that is why I do not follow any script or strategy unlike you..lol)

For your information, Look through the trend in the news source you posted. The complaint was 2 things majorly

1) refusal to borrow
2) little infrastructure unlike Ngige

All the complains are true peter obi refused to borrow as a result he was able to reduce Anambra domestic and foreign debt to almost zero (at least compared to your candidate states). The behind the scene of this is that he invested in bonds and absolutely safe investment that would yield in tranches meaning successive government of Anambra would always have access to fund. This was a master stroke.

Secondly, peter obi did infrastructure tho not on the Ngige level however the backend is that most infrastructure he brokered especially in the health sector were master strokes also due to his prudent nature successive government has access to enough fund to build as much infrastructure as possible. That is why Obiano (a suspected drunk) can build an airport without equivalent growth of revenue. The question you should ask is where did he get the money?? I would answer you peter obi's investment

Your candidates couldn't as much upgrade the MMI airport not to talk of building another one in spite the airport being largely burden due to heavy traffic as a result of Lagos being a port city. Do you know why?? because all they do paying PR companies and people like you to hype it minor infrastructural growth while the critical and people oriented ones are never complete( ask me about the blue and red rail line because I am sure you don't know because you don't read)... Ohhh, i almost forgot that they also invest heavily in making ensuring appropriate reward systems in political parties as well as making thuggery lucrative.

Lastly, to ensure you are well briefed and you don't sound Stupid again, the Nigeria problem is our ease to borrow and invest heavily on infrastructure while our economy is dying. The buhari's administration did well in regards to infrastructure but the failure is in economy. Peter obi represent the opposite, grow the economy, the economy growth would lead to infrastructural growth.

I am glad if you read to this point, you would have been healed of a minor part of your stupidity.

Na mumu born you.

You are a big disgrace to your father. grin
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Lite2018: 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2022
Tflex01:

Na mumu born you.

You are a big disgrace to your father. grin

Hmmm... For the mumu borninng me.. lol. I seriously doubt. But I am not sure so maybe... But this I am sure, I no mumu and I can defend my position. I doubt if you can make any of the statement I just made with out blinking.

As for the disgrace part, I don't think my father is disgraced as much as I feel you were disgraced for being unable to defend your position. You are either a big mumu, a massive disgrace to this platform and all it represents, a paid freelancer just doing his master's business or maybe one of those BOTs they talk about..... Well, never mind.

I am ashamed and quite sad, you found this platform before you grew your mind. It makes this platform full of a lot of trash. You are actually a disgrace to me.. Sad.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Tflex01: 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
Lite2018:

Hmmm... I doubt. But I am not sure so maybe... But this I am sure, I no mumu and I can defend my position. I doubt if you can make any of the statement I just made with out blinking.

As for the disgrace part, I don't think my father is disgraced as much as I feel you were disgraced for being unable to defend your position. You are either a big mumu, a massive disgrace to this platform and all it represents, a paid freelancer just doing his master's business or maybe one of those BOTs they talk about..... Well, never mind.

I am ashamed and quite sad, you found this platform before you grew your mind. It makes this platform full of a lot of trash. You are actually a disgrace to me.. Sad.

Lol there is nothing meaningful in what you wrote up there... It's more like a write up of a brainwashed teenager that lack basic political awareness in a multi ethnic society like Nigeria.

You are still a disgrace. grin
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Lite2018: 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2022
Tflex01:

Lol there is nothing meaningful in what you wrote up there... It's more like a write up of a brainwashed teenager that lack basic political awareness in a multi ethnic society like Nigeria.

You are still a disgrace. grin

Ooopsss... I forgot..
so sorry it is long. You don't read.

Brain washed Nah

I presented logic, you present nothing but ethnicity and insult. It is a shame,elder.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by johnnychuks(m): 7:14am On Aug 15, 2022
can pressure Buhari and those who are opposed to going back to federalism, maybe.

“If we don’t go back to federalism, Nigeria is doomed. I have said it before. Restructure or break up Nigeria because nobody is staying under the slavery of the Fulani. That is clear. I have not hidden it. Chief Edwin Clark has said it. I am saying it. Many other well-meaning Nigerians are saying the same thing.

“Why is IPOB there? You are in a Nigeria where the North can have the presidency, the South-West can have the presidency, likewise the South-South, but the South-East cannot. Yet, we are one Nigeria and you want peace. You are deceiving yourself.

“That is the basis of my support for the South-East. When Chief Nnia Nwodo and others came, I told them all that the Easterners did to me and Awolowo, which is why some Yoruba say they don’t want Igbo? But Awolowo told me, “No, you must work with the Igbo because you cannot defeat these Fulani people alone.”

“Awolowo said only that the Igbo are misguided down from Azikiwe. “They use them against us. But don’t allow yourselves to be used against them because they don’t see”.

“They stoned Chief Awolowo in Aba. Let me tell you because you ought to know many things. Maybe you may not have heard about it, so put it down. We went to campaign there in the First Republic. You (referring to Vanguard reporter) were not born then. They stoned Chief Awolowo. The stone hit his head. It was the Awo cap that saved the impact, we didn’t know. I hope you are listening because you often hear that these people (Yoruba) don’t like the igbos
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by johnnychuks(m): 7:17am On Aug 15, 2022
trutharena:

Source: https://www.thequesttimes.com/flashback-how-igbos-attacked-us-stoned-awolowo-in-aba-adebanjo/
. From what you are saying as an elderly man, show how you are been beating around the forest all this Year with the hate to was Igbos, is the same Igbos that contribute in voting Obasonjo into pawer is the same Igbos that contribute in voting MKO Abiola too, before the people you Yorubas sees like god's as a senseless dog you are finally dealt with him, if you people disagree with Obi as an Igbo man to be president that's means there is no one Nigeria anywhere then, and if you are not okey with an Igbo man to be the president it will better for you to speak for disengaration or referendum and that will be very good for an Igbo man.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by adefitim(m): 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2022
CSTRR:
Yes.

Keep going back to the 60s.
You conveniently skipped how Igbos voted for obasanjo and went all the way to the 60s.

Because of what? Because of a crook like tinubu?

You forgot how awolowo told the Western house of assembly to vote for Yoruba only against the more popular Azikiwe, and that was how tribalism was entrenched in Nigeria.

Your mates are going to the moon, but you are going back to the 60s.

The 60s of failed leadership.

Go and read the history sire, he contested even tho Awo scored more than him but not upto the required Votes.....

Ask your self why would Every other region had Premiers from their own regions and SW will have Igbo has theirs?
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Alayiwola: 9:41am On Aug 23, 2022
My Grandfather Use to say,Omo ta ba bi fun ale niko ko ni omo ale,omo ti oun ba wu iwa omo ale.omo ale ni

Adexxi:
Why should you refer to him as omoale Iwo ni baba e ni .... I won't stress much , those ipob people will never rule this country and as for Tinubu it dead on arrival.

Power remains in the north
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Adexxi(m): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2022
Everyone has right to his choice and opinion.
If Apc wake up Baba Awolowo today to contest under their party , I might not vote for him. Apc must become a thing of past in 2023. Power must remain in the north.

And on your grandfather hope he is not a smoker cos' I can't comprehend what you wrote. I can only understand Omo ale, try to use àmì at least .

Talk rubbish and see my vawulence. Hope you still remember me We once had a long clash on this forum, since then have been monitoring your post and I will always antagonize you.

Peace was never an option undecided
Alayiwola:
My Grandfather Use to say,Omo ta ba bi fun ale niko ko ni omo ale,omo ti oun ba wu iwa omo ale.omo ale ni

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Healthquest: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2022
Liebermantic:
Why can't the OP use this as the headline?
*[/color]*"Why is IPOB there? You are in a Nigeria where the North can have the presidency, the South-West can have the presidency, likewise the South-South, but the South-East cannot. Yet, we are one Nigeria and you want peace. You are deceiving yourself**[color=#006600]."
[/color]
**“That is the basis of my support for the South-East. When Chief Nnia Nwodo and others came, I told them all that the Easterners did to me and Awolowo, which is why some Yoruba say they don’t want Igbo? But Awolowo told me, “No, you must work with the Igbo because you cannot defeat these Fulani people alone.”**[color=#006600]

This man is a supporter of Presidency from Southeast.
The poster of this article wants to twist the story in favor of Agbado master.
The man is a supporter of Presidency from Southeast.
This man is speaking against injustice to Ndigbo.
Read the whole writeup.
the North central and Northeast doesnt deserve it bah?
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Cromagnon: 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2023
wittywriter:
Most of the elders like this elder in Nigeria are the architect of tribalism....they love to thrive and dwell on such cases....

Saved.

Saved....

To what benefit?...There are better history to uphold....or do you still want it to continue?

What hatred? Did they attack him physically....just because they are airing their opinion that they don't want him as president doesn't relate to hatred....Or don't you want a better Nigeria lead by a youthful and young leaders in all leadership positions?

©Wittyness.
dem born dem Well?
Tinubu is met awo
Attack him physically if e sure for una
Una go hia wen
Igbo know who they can try that with
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Cromagnon: 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2023
Built2last:
Front page material

See the sensational headline they gave it.#

They won't highlight this part of his statement. ''According to him, Awolowo once told him during his lifetime, “No, you must work with the Igbo because you cannot defeat these Fulani people alone”.

Awo insisted according to this article that Yoruba's need Igbos despite the incident but they want to ridicule and misinterpret what the old man is saying

The MODs are actively looking for anything that favours a certain candidate.

I posted many pictures of the Labour party conference holding in Abuja today.

2 MODs read it and moved on

This will hit front page in no time
Should the moods not support their candidate?
If you don't like it go and start your own igbo only forum

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo: "Don't Wish Me Happy Independence Day, I'm Not A Nigerian" / Governor Tambuwal Celebrates Victory With Family And Friends At Government House / Edo 2020: Copy Of Philip Shuaibu's Resignation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.