Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

I Need Advice Quickly Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Advice Quickly Please (1022 Views)

7 Companies Guys Work With That Can Make Ladies Quickly Date Or Marry Them / Why Do Nigerian Men Fall In Love Quickly / Why do Most Nigerian Men Fall In Love Soooo Quickly! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice Quickly Please by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 16, 2007
My Boyfriend lost his sister, He was so close to her and she was like the gum that kept their family together. She died during child birth this morning, Please how can i console him. I have taken permission to travel to his hometown from the office , Is this a right thing to do? I have met most of his family members including his mom but we have not formally gone for introduction.
He called me this morning and has been crying since she passed in the early hours of the morning, I am really confused don't know what to do, Should I go?
Re: I Need Advice Quickly Please by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 16, 2007
Jeeze! I'm so sorry to hear that, must be really rough on your boyfriend, seeing how close they were.

It's ok to go visit him, and be there for him. But, word of advice: Don't say to him, "I know how you're feeling", because unless you've been there, you can never understand. Even if you've experienced a family loss, every case is different.

My thoughts go out to you, your boyfriend and his family.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Quickly Please by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 16, 2007
thanks Sienna
Re: I Need Advice Quickly Please by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 16, 2007
You're welcome, Aisha.
Re: I Need Advice Quickly Please by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 16, 2007
just be with him during this period and say nothing cos words that are right at this point in time are difficult to say, he will understand you, and dont ask him if there should be anything you can do he should let know, you've got to act instead of asking, ok?
Re: I Need Advice Quickly Please by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 16, 2007
Thank you all so much. My sister died in 2004, it was a terrible experience but still for him i cant just imagine how bad it must be for him. He was in my office yesterday he said he wanted to travel home, I convinced him to stay since he had so much work to do but he insisted that he would travel. He called me around seven and i was angry at him for travelling I thought he was going to meet someone else.
He called me by nine to say she was in labor, i told him she will be okay, I never thoght this will happen, So God was drawing him home to see her for the last time, I cant even believe this is true, What if he listened to me and refused to travel
Re: I Need Advice Quickly Please by yimiton(f): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2007
This is a sad one Aisha and all Nairalanders sympathise with you and your boy friend. The right thing to do is to stop feeling guilty and thank God that he went even when you tried to discourage him. Go and be there for him, he'll need you around and remember to take along some tissue and hankies you'll both be needing it.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Quickly Please by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 16, 2007
Thanks, I hope God will comfort him cos no one else in this world can. He is emotional and he loved her so much. I will be on my way please wish me a ssfe trip. Thanks
Re: I Need Advice Quickly Please by Sexyuhlala(f): 11:07am On Aug 16, 2007
hey am sorry about it,safe trip and my may God be with u and also give him the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: I Need Advice Quickly Please by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 20, 2007
Thank you all for your advice, had a safe trip thanks .
Re: I Need Advice Quickly Please by StarryV(f): 11:20pm On May 12, 2015
Thank you all so much. My sister died in 2004, it was a terrible experience but still for him i cant just imagine how bad it must be for him. He was in my office yesterday he said he wanted to travel home, I convinced him to stay since he had so much work to do but he insisted that he would travel. He called me around seven and i was angry at him for travelling I thought he was going to meet someone else.
He called me by nine to say she was in labor, i told him she will be okay, I never thoght this will happen, So God was drawing him home to see her for the last time, I cant even believe this is true, What if he listened to me and refused to travel

Its ok sweerie don't be hard on urself. Stuffs like this happens. Just thank God dat he leta travelled, and pray dat God should console him and give him the fortitude to bear the loss. Just be urself ok, It's well.

(1) (Reply)

Out Of Sight,is It Truely Out Of Mind. / ok / How Do I Know Beautiful Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.