Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,596 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown (46703 Views)

Salman Rushdie goes into Hiding After brutal Attack, Loses An Eye And An Arm / Salman Rushdie On Ventilator, Liver Damaged, Likely To Lose One Eye / 16 Horses Excort Putin's Limousine To King Salman's Palace In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Ofemmanu1: 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2022
Potbellyman:
They still Finally got him cry
They got him..

smh.

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by socialjustice93: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2022
The attacker is from Islamabad shocked

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by GamalNasser: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2022
These animals finally got him ..I hate Islam with a passionate passion

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Angelfrost(m): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2022
LegendHero:

I love the above quote of his. Religion most times gag people freedom of thought and tend to dubiously polarize people to conform to certain set of norms without asking "why".

Good that the guy was arrested, he should be made to face the full wrath of the law. You cannot fight for God, he is the supreme being and if need be, he just say kun fa-yakūn (Be, and it is).

Just on another note, some people with chronic religious bigotry who have been barking about a supposedly muslim-muslim ticket in Nigeria and their fake pastor counterpart will start showing their hypocrisy on this thread.

You are trying too hard brother...

Just face it! Tinubu fvcked up! End of! grin

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by ShaqFu: 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2022
Kajaard:

You can download it from here.

https://www.pdfdrive.com/the-satanic-verses-e47555207.html
Thanks a million.
Angelfrost:

That will be very hard now due to the controversial nature of the book.

Most book sellers won't even display it on their shelves.
Hmmmm. Even in Lagos. Na wa oh.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Harmattan123(m): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2022
Kajaard:

This religion, sorry cough cough CULT does not forgive no matter how long.

Even if it takes an eternity this religion,sorry I mean cough cough cough CULT will still come for their revenge
no be lie
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Brushstrokes20: 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2022
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it!
Bloodthirsty bigots at it again undecided

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by JohnBullMySon: 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2022
Angelfrost:

That will be very hard now due to the controversial nature of the book.

Most book sellers won't even display it on their shelves.
The internet will always have it

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Angelfrost(m): 7:52pm On Aug 12, 2022
ShaqFu:
Thanks a million.
Hmmmm. Even in Lagos. Na wa oh.

No jokes o... A random extremist can walk up and shoot or stab a seller of such a book.

Imagine how long they have been targeting the author's life! Over 3 decades!

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Angelfrost(m): 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
The internet will always have it

That's what will keep paining the imbeciles!

Useless extremists!

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by ShaqFu: 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2022
Angelfrost:

No jokes o... A random extremist can walk up and shoot or stab a seller of such a book.

Imagine how long they have been targeting the author's life! Over 3 decades!
I still say it's high time people start paying them back in their own coin.

Trust me, this people can cry wolf more than any other set of people, just like christians.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Whobedatte(m): 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2022
For those saying 'they finally got him '
Has he been confirmed dead
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Ofemmanu1: 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2022
LegendHero:

I love the above quote of his. Religion most times gag people freedom of thought and tend to dubiously polarize people to conform to certain set of norms without asking "why".

Good that the guy was arrested, he should be made to face the full wrath of the law. You cannot fight for God, he is the supreme being and if need be, he just say kun fa-yakūn (Be, and it is).

Just on another note, some people with chronic religious bigotry who have been barking about a supposedly muslim-muslim ticket in Nigeria and their fake pastor counterpart will start showing their hypocrisy on this thread.

The basterrd guy ain't facing any shittt.

Iran will get him back either by exchange or other means.

.. But if he become impossible to retrieve, theyll just read him the "allahu Akbar" ACT and that's it.

It's either he commit suicide or be eliminated by the American government.
Either way, it's a win-win situation for the basterrd murderer cos he'll be busy thinking about saving energy for nacking the infamous 77 virgins in the brothels of Al Janna with Mohammed. SAW (Sex Award Winner)

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Angelfrost(m): 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2022
ShaqFu:
I still say it's high time people start paying them back in their own coin.

Trust me, this people can cry wolf more than any other set of people, just like christians.

That's why Israel doesn't send them, and the world can never touch Israel!

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Guyman01: 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2022
And they will say No problem with Muslim Muslim ticket in a diverse country like Nigeria.
They will hunt Wale Soyinka for writing Death and the King's Horseman several decades ago

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Eriokanmi: 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2022
Buhari is such a lucky man. Na im for first collect in the last argungu festival. The guy that rushed at him with a knife must be chilling with 72 virgins by now. The apc now lied and said the young man wanted embracing buhari, his mentor. They now went and looked for someone else, gave him a similar clothe to wear and asked to make good comments about buhari but was given a different cap to wear grin

Naija spotted the cap difference sharpali.

What happened to the Japanese prime minister Abe recently should serve as a lesson to notable people when giving lectures in public places. There'd always be security lapses.

Here's another one. 2 things are trending globally now. Mob attack/Mob action and individual attackers.

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Shimran(m): 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2022
Quest7777:

Someone published a book 34 years ago. You say the book insulted your god & you passed a death sentence on him. Your god could not avenge the insult for all these 34years & you still carry the 34years old bitterness reach 2022 to the extent of committing murder. SMH.

Same way your God couldn't do anything to save his helpless son from the forced crucifixion
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by olisaEze(m): 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2022
I own a copy of the book, I have read it twice and I still don’t know what all the fuss is about! So a character in the book went on a bad roofie trip and imagined a couple of things regarding a certain religion, so what?? There’s a book that claims Jesus didn’t die on a cross, but escaped to an island (probably Japan) and lived to a ripe old age after having kids there. No one has offered a bounty to hunt down the author because na u and God get case, not me the reader! I just feel it’s frustration from alcohol abstinence that can make people so hot tempered. The first recorded miracle of Jesus was not turning water to fruit juice, e get why! grin It’s even there in black and white, "alcohol gladdens the heart", nwanne! grin If people will just drink and be merry, loosen up a little, dis world will be a lot friendlier. Can’t be stabbing people on behalf of a God u pray to for protection, especially on a Friday when it’s only green bottles that should not be left standing! grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Bar1941(m): 7:59pm On Aug 12, 2022
Quest7777:

Someone published a book 34 years ago. You say the book insulted your god & you passed a death sentence on him. Your god could not avenge the insult for all these 34years & you still carry the 34years old bitterness reach 2022 to the extent of committing murder. SMH.

The attack is totally condemned but we need to know that in as much the book he published 34years ago is still in existence, it effects will surely still be in existence. BTW why should someone write a book just to disrespect or cause unnecessary unrest in other people's faith? Their are a lot of things we can write or talk about and lately we know how intolerant some people could get over religious matter, why can't we just abide by the simple principle of 'respect other people's religion and beliefs'.

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Alsenora: 7:59pm On Aug 12, 2022
It's not even quite evident the culprit is above 34years and if so he would barely be aware of the immediate religious controversies about it. How he came to harbour murderous intent on the writer after 34yrs speaks volume about his background/religious exposure...Just found the stupid guy is just 24yrs old.
Quest7777:

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by juman(m): 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2022
His name follows him.
RUSH-DIE

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by elivtjackson5(m): 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2022
Bomlade:
Tinubu is a PLACE HOLDER for gov Shettima, the earlier you people realize this the better oo.

Most of this people pushing this Drug Lord doesn't know there's an agenda to just install him by fire by force and when he is tired and sick before 2 years, Shettima will be swear in as president and more kabiru sokoto will be hiding in his house.

Even Yaradua was way stronger than him before he became president

Affliction shall not rise the second time
flesh and blood couldn't revealed this to you my dear friend,it was reveal to you divinely....please preach to those dis-Obidient one...

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by CountVersailles(f): 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2022
If this man survives, the best thing would be to keep it quiet and just tell them he's dead, then he can go into hiding forever. That's the best way to overturn this stupendous craze to kill this brilliant writer.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by IJOBA11: 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2022
LegendHero:

OGBENI SHUT UP angry

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by etrouble: 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2022
Even the Bible says we should maintain peace with all men.

He really messed up by writing a book to blasphem Prophet Muhammad (SAW). As a Muslim myself, that is a serious offense. But it is not my business to punish him for that. That's Prophet Muhammad (SAW) business, not mine. Even if he abuses Allah, that will be Allah's business to sort with him, afterall God should fight for His followers and not the other way round.

That guy that stabbed the Writer will suffer in Earth and in Hell Fire if there is any. I don't have proof of Heaven and He'll Fire except the stories in the Quran and Bible.

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by OpinionCounts(m): 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2022
Azeever:
Why is it that when you say you want a better Nigeria without mentioning the name of any candidate, everybody will think you are talking about Peter Obi?

Because they all know the only candidate who is truly contesting for "a better Nigeria ", so they automatically know who you are referring to, because they know their own candidate does not qualify to be associated with the word "a better Nigeria ".

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Umunze1stSon(m): 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
Thanks to The Attacker The book has gained huge popularity
That Book is going to sell Millions this time
Lets see if they can kill all the million people That will now buy the book.
That is why isreal is kill them like cockroach I LOVE ISREAL grin
Exactly. I will look for the book right away.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by LegalWolf: 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2022
myettiallah:
Nawa ooo for these head slammers oo
Someone wrote a controversial book since 1989 1989 ooooo!!!...
Ever since, these head slammers have been hunting him down...
Just because of his books, his ideas...
Tueh!!! I spit on their forehead

The attack is reprehensible, no doubt. But your idi0tic god called yhwh should have given u a brain to think that you shouldn’t profile a group for the crime of it’s member.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by etrouble: 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2022
Azeever:
Why is it that when you say you want a better Nigeria without mentioning the name of any candidate, everybody will think you are talking about Peter Obi?

Maybe those everybody think that only a political prostitute can bring a better Nigerian. Someone that jumped from APGA to PDP and to Labourers Party is nothing but a prostituting idiot with no vision nor mission.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by LegalWolf: 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2022
ShaqFu:
Chai. They should make sure his attacker never see the light of day. He should be made an example of.

This people who attack and maim in the name of religion should be thought a thorough and proper lesson so others like them will learn.

Even till now we haven't heard anything about those who killed Deborah Samuel. This shouldn't be and the case shouldn't be hushed.

I agree with you. Justice take time and the murderers of Deborah will be brought to justice soon. Remember uduaks case took a while as well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Trump Wins Florida, Locked In Other Tight Races With Biden / Russian Tank Regiment Commander Kills Himself Over Unserviceable Vehicles / White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert