Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown (46761 Views)

Salman Rushdie goes into Hiding After brutal Attack, Loses An Eye And An Arm / Salman Rushdie On Ventilator, Liver Damaged, Likely To Lose One Eye / 16 Horses Excort Putin's Limousine To King Salman's Palace In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by LegalWolf: 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2022
Whobedatte:
Islam should be banned in western democracies
How can a religion be fighting scrutiny and criticism , how ??

Same way as christianity. That religion and its adherents have caused the most havoc to humanity!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by etrouble: 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2022
LegalWolf:

The attack is reprehensible, no doubt. But your idi0tic god called yhwh should have given u a brain to think that you shouldn’t profile a group for the crime of it’s member.

Is it the fault of the idiots stereotyping or our fellow so called Muslims that act senselessly?

2 Likes

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2022
Azeever:
Why is it that when you say you want a better Nigeria without mentioning the name of any candidate, everybody will think you are talking about Peter Obi?

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by NoIgboSoundTueh: 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2022
Quest7777:

Someone published a book 34 years ago. You say the book insulted your god & you passed a death sentence on him. Your god could not avenge the insult for all these 34years & you still carry the 34years old bitterness reach 2022 to the extent of committing murder. SMH.
Shut your hole fool
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Kajaard: 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2022
Walealoba:

please sir help me with little amount to buy food eat the hunger is unbearable things are really tough

Have some shame na. You have been begging on all threads for the past 5 days. You no get shame at all?

Is it not your mates that carry blocks and mix cement in building sites? When did our youths start getting this lazy sef?

2 Likes

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2022
I heard they have declared fatwa on his head
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by amoreobansu: 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2022
iiifedimma:
Please let's support his excellency Mr Peter obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain

Hey Mama, this Oga Obi is just a green snake in another green grass. Acting and doing like a saint just like the Buhari of 2015 was packaged and sold to the world.
I'm a core northerner, this Peters movement resembles Buharis movement in so many ways. So please bring me a devil �, like them Wikes, Tinubus and Atikus.

I will never ever vote any silent and cool acting person to be my President, Governor or Reps.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by drmuchin: 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2022
AALAHU AKBOMB!
FEAR DEM

4 Likes

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by franchasofficia: 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2022
I blame American government for these people's excesses in the US. America will deny hardworking African Christians only seeking for greener pastures visa and then issue visa and Green card to Muslims from extremist countries and regions in Africa.

America stop giving visa to Muslims, let them go to Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, UAE, Qatar, etc where they can enjoy their Islamic religion without interference.

More of these will befall America and Europe for being foolishly liberal with Muslims angry

9 Likes

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Arysexy(m): 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2022
Islamabad ppl again

America will keep denying us black Christians visa but be giving visa to these towel heads terrorists

7 Likes

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by jrusky(m): 8:23pm On Aug 12, 2022
I had said it countless time any bastard like this stop arresting them shut him dead instantly. End of story.

3 Likes

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Naajjii: 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2022
princepeter566:
2my God protects, provide and fight my battles for me.
My God fight his battles himself.
My God is Jesus Christ
But you fight in the name if Nnamdi Kanu, what an Irony.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by lereinter(m): 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2022
Satanic verses

Satanic religion

5 Likes

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Everlastingson: 8:29pm On Aug 12, 2022
LegendHero:

I love the above quote of his. Religion most times gag people freedom of thought and tend to dubiously polarize people to conform to certain set of norms without asking "why".

Good that the guy was arrested, he should be made to face the full wrath of the law. You cannot fight for God, he is the supreme being and if need be, he just say kun fa-yakūn (Be, and it is).

Just on another note, some people with chronic religious bigotry who have been barking about a supposedly muslim-muslim ticket in Nigeria and their fake pastor counterpart will start showing their hypocrisy on this thread.

Stop playing to the gallery. When you say religion gags people be bold enough to mention the particular religion you mean. You can't tar all religions---both true and false--with the same brush. All religions are not the same and don't teach the same doctrine.

5 Likes

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Mayeldah(m): 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
Let your god fight for himself, enough of all these nonesense

The religion of peace with their stock in trade again==Head Slamming.

if your god is powerful. let him fight his battle for himself

5 Likes

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
Angelfrost:
Satanic Verses and Midnight Children are beautiful reads!

They are part of my all time collection of books that make sense!

Many of you Muslims need to get a grip...

Where can someone get it?
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Thomasankara(m): 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
[/color]I need to get this book and read, I need to check something cheesy grin[color=#770077]
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Secondly: 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
So these guys are still on that man's case after all this while?

Na wa o.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by 2dominate: 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2022
Following.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Joemetry(m): 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2022
Angelfrost:
Satanic Verses and Midnight Children are beautiful reads!

They are part of my all time collection of books that make sense!

Many of you Muslims need to get a grip...
How do I get these two?

Softcopy
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by NOwazobia: 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2022
Throwback:
I remember the Nairaland member who borrowed that name for his Username.

I hope this attack is not an attempt to execute the Fatwa placed on him?

Human life means nothing to some people.

It reminds me of a certain Mauritanian who wants to become Nigerian Vice President. His greatest achievement as Senator was to advocate for genocide of Nigerian gays and lesbians, while his fellow Senators were fighting for the rights of Nigerians.

I hope zombiedients can see why we will never allow IPOBocrazy to overshadow our Democracy.

That disease that cannot tolerate dissent and divergence, must be quarantined to the SouthEast that it has already ravaged.

Between Obi, Atiku and Tinubu, who will guarantee your freedom more?

Your answer whether vocal or not will show the level of your intelligence.

3 Likes

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Kajaard: 8:40pm On Aug 12, 2022

1 Like

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Truthsoldier(m): 8:40pm On Aug 12, 2022
Sons of Ishmael never cease to terrorize their neighborhood... a curse they are to this world

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Tvoice: 8:42pm On Aug 12, 2022
They dont want dia secretes to be exposed, while place a bounty on his head , that means the man actually did d right tin , now dey want him dead , make i nor just talk weitin dey my mind finish

1 Like

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by ShaqFu: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2022
Angelfrost:

That's why Israel doesn't send them, and the world can never touch Israel!
Seeing the way Israel have been pounding them in West Bank, I'm surprise they've not even tried to do more than propaganda. All they do is cry to the Western World. Even their fellow Muslims in Saudi Arabia and the likes doesn't give a damn about them.

2 Likes

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Throwback: 8:58pm On Aug 12, 2022
NOwazobia:

Between Obi, Atiku and Tinubu, who will guarantee your freedom more?

Your answer whether vocal or not will show the level of your intelligence.

Tinubu it is.

Let Atiku and Obi resolve the terrorism within their respective NorthEast and SouthEast first.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by BeardedMeat(m): 9:04pm On Aug 12, 2022
Ofemmanu1:

The basterrd guy ain't facing any shittt.

Iran will get him back either by exchange or other means.

.. But if he become impossible to retrieve, theyll just read him the "allahu Akbar" ACT and that's it.

It's either he commit suicide or be eliminated by the American government.
Either way, it's a win-win situation for the basterrd murderer cos he'll be busy thinking about saving energy for nacking the infamous 77 virgins in the brothels of Al Janna with Mohammed. SAW (Sex Award Winner)

Point of correction, it's 72 virgins with pointed breast.

1 Like

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Truthisunique2: 9:06pm On Aug 12, 2022
Angelfrost:

That's why Israel doesn't send them, and the world can never touch Israel!
Israel no dey fall for their blackmail

You defend yourself against these cretins, don't know when west would ever get sense

2 Likes

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by BeardedMeat(m): 9:11pm On Aug 12, 2022
etrouble:
Even the Bible says we should maintain peace with all men.

He really messed up by writing a book to blasphem Prophet Muhammad (SAW). As a Muslim myself, that is a serious offense. But it is not my business to punish him for that. That's Prophet Muhammad (SAW) business, not mine. Even if he abuses Allah, that will be Allah's business to sort with him, afterall God should fight for His followers and not the other way round.

That guy that stabbed the Writer will suffer in Earth and in Hell Fire if there is any. I don't have proof of Heaven and He'll Fire except the stories in the Quran and Bible.

Fake mooslim. cheesy
No wonder you are not allowed to sight the moon.

1 Like

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Osanoghodua1: 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2022
Go and read "Who is this Allah" you will understand who spoke to Mohammed, not the Lord God of Israel. I use to sell the book, they have now bought them all off the bookshelf to hide the information from people. Maybe you can get it online. Islam is a big Scam bro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by BeardedMeat(m): 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2022
etrouble:

Is it the fault of the idiots stereotyping or our fellow so called Muslims that act senselessly?
You are anti Islam. Quit and free your conscience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye / Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation / Man Shot Dead For 'blasphemy' In Pakistan Courtroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.