Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown (46773 Views)

Salman Rushdie goes into Hiding After brutal Attack, Loses An Eye And An Arm / Salman Rushdie On Ventilator, Liver Damaged, Likely To Lose One Eye / 16 Horses Excort Putin's Limousine To King Salman's Palace In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by ictplotter(m): 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2022
iiifedimma:
Please let's support his excellency Mr Peter obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain
Obi is the bigger thief... #pandoragate #ikoyigate
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by dgee1(m): 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2022
Poop comment!
Bar1941:

The attack is totally condemned but we need to know that in as much the book he published 34years ago is still in existence, it effects will surely still be in existence. BTW why should someone write a book just to disrespect or cause unnecessary unrest in other people's faith? Their are a lot of things we can write or talk about and lately we know how intolerant some people could get over religious matter, why can't we just abide by the simple principle of 'respect other people's religion and beliefs'.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by winterfell007(m): 9:19pm On Aug 12, 2022
LegendHero:

I love the above quote of his. Religion most times gag people freedom of thought and tend to dubiously polarize people to conform to certain set of norms without asking "why".

Good that the guy was arrested, he should be made to face the full wrath of the law. You cannot fight for God, he is the supreme being and if need be, he just say kun fa-yakūn (Be, and it is).

Just on another note, some people with chronic religious bigotry who have been barking about a supposedly muslim-muslim ticket in Nigeria and their fake pastor counterpart will start showing their hypocrisy on this thread.

I can bet my left balls that part of your heart is glad that the devilish act happened to Salman Rushdie. So much for religion of pieces oh peace

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Coun3MAN: 9:20pm On Aug 12, 2022
MAY HE DIE IN PIECES
1)SALMAN RUSHDIE IS NEITHER A CHRISTIAN NOR A MUSLIM BUT AN AGENT OF RELIGIOUS INTOLERENCE
2) WHEN GOODLUCK JONATHAN WAS IN POWER HE PLEADED WITH HIM NOT TO BURN THE HOLY BOOK
3) AS AS U CAN READ FROM THE STORY HE HAS BEEN CAUSING ALOT RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE THROUGH OUT HIS MISERABLE LIFE AS SUCH HE DESERVE MORE THAN WHAT HE GOT

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by toprealman: 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2022
Satanic verses is just title, no deep content.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Aboki99(m): 9:26pm On Aug 12, 2022
Angelfrost:
Satanic Verses and Midnight Children are beautiful reads!

They are part of my all time collection of books that make sense!

Many of you Muslims need to get a grip...

Muslims stand for their values, and i respect them for that! What do you stand for?!!
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Dongyi123: 9:28pm On Aug 12, 2022
Islam...

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Trevor007007(m): 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2022
The religion of piss at work, Islam is a terrorist religion but not all Muslims are terrorists, they are very peaceful but they are always ready to kill you if you provoke them, so how are they peaceful undecided?

I thought they only kill when you say something bad about there prophet, but did Mr Rushdie say anything bad against there prophet?

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by malakaimoscondo: 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2022
ShaqFu:
Chai. They should make sure his attacker never see the light of day. He should be made an example of.

This people who attack and maim in the name of religion should be thought a thorough and proper lesson so others like them will learn.

Even till now we haven't heard anything about those who killed Deborah Samuel. This shouldn't be and the case shouldn't be hushed.
respect people religion for peace to rain...do any how u see anyhow..mind ur mouth and what ur brain direct ur hands to write
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Iamziggy: 9:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
If you're not cool with someone's religion pls turn away rather than criticizing....
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by ShaqFu: 9:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
malakaimoscondo:
respect people religion for peace to rain...do any how u see anyhow..mind ur mouth and what ur brain direct ur hands to write
My friend will you shut up! You low budget terrorist wannabe.

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Iamziggy: 9:34pm On Aug 12, 2022
Respect other people's religion... Simple!!!
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by jmoore(m): 9:36pm On Aug 12, 2022
Bar1941:

The attack is totally condemned but we need to know that in as much the book he published 34years ago is still in existence, it effects will surely still be in existence. BTW why should someone write a book just to disrespect or cause unnecessary unrest in other people's faith? Their are a lot of things we can write or talk about and lately we know how intolerant some people could get over religious matter, why can't we just abide by the simple principle of 'respect other people's religion and beliefs'.

Iamziggy:
Respect other people's religion... Simple!!!

Iamziggy:
And why should you provoke Dem in d first place? I don't see Muslims going around to insult Jesus, Budah, Ogun or Ifa.. because they don't believe in them.. they respect your religion give Dem the same respect too..

Hypocrisy!!!

Qur'an was written to disrespect Christianity. Jesus is God. But Qur'an came after Christianity to say Jesus was just a prophet.

If criticism makes you to murder people, then that belief of yours is demonic.

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by PHYTECH: 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2022
Whobedatte:
Islam should be banned in western democracies
How can a religion be fighting scrutiny and criticism , how ??

You're only exhibiting hate. Islam is the fastest growing religion in europe and the world
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Iamziggy: 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2022
And why should you provoke Dem in d first place? I don't see Muslims going around to insult Jesus, Budah, Ogun or Ifa.. because they don't believe in them.. they respect your religion give Dem the same respect too..
Trevor007007:
The religion of piss at work, Islam is a terrorist religion but not all Muslims are terrorists, they are very peaceful but they are always ready to kill you if you provoke them, so how are they peaceful undecided?

I thought they only kill when you say something bad about there prophet, but did Mr Rushdie say anything bad against there prophet?
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by PHYTECH: 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2022
America finding all reason to invade iran
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by jmoore(m): 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2022
Coun3MAN:
MAY HE DIE IN PIECES
1)SALMAN RUSHDIE IS NEITHER A CHRISTIAN NOR A MUSLIM BUT AN AGENT OF RELIGIOUS INTOLERENCE
2) WHEN GOODLUCK JONATHAN WAS IN POWER HE PLEADED WITH HIM NOT TO BURN THE HOLY BOOK
3) AS AS U CAN READ FROM THE STORY HE HAS BEEN CAUSING ALOT RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE THROUGH OUT HIS MISERABLE LIFE AS SUCH HE DESERVE MORE THAN WHAT HE GOT
Islamabad

Religion of terror.

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Oches4me(m): 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2022
Whobedatte:
Islam should be banned in western democracies
How can a religion be fighting scrutiny and criticism , how ??
U mentally sick. Go and ban it. Mad man.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Iamziggy: 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2022
U read wetin u post so?
U don't even have any evidence to back up your claims.
1. Qur'an was written to disrespect Christianity!
Oga how?
2. Jesus is God... He(Jesus) never called him self a God u guys did... Which verse in d Bible did he call himself a God?
3. Qur'an came after Christianity!
You're right. Bcuz Islam came b4 all religion.
And the prophets that came b4 Jesus have their own scriptures too.

jmoore:

Hypocrisy!!!

Qur'an was written to disrespect Christianity. Jesus is God. But Qur'an came after Christianity to say Jesus was just a prophet.

If criticism makes you to murder people, then that belief of yours is demonic.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Oches4me(m): 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2022
Ovo200:
I haven't read the book but the title of the book is something that actually happened to Muhammad
Mohammed received satanic verses from satan.
Ur own death will be miserable and painful.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Sheggy13(m): 9:44pm On Aug 12, 2022
It's still a mystery to me how sane people practice this religion of horror and bloodshed.

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by LegendHero(m): 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2022
winterfell007:

I can bet my left balls that part of your heart is glad that the devilish act happened to Salman Rushdie. So much for religion of pieces oh peace

I am not an IPOB terrorist.

I am Yoruba and I don’t have any terroristic tendencies in me.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by jmoore(m): 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2022
Iamziggy:
Oga go and sleep... U read wetin u post so? U don't even have any evidence to back up your claims. If e sure for u bring forth ya evidence.
Evidence for someone that is already beclouded.

Why do terrorists scream Allah Akbar when killing people?
Islamabad. The religion of terror.

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Lightorder: 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2022
LegendHero:

I love the above quote of his. Religion most times gag people freedom of thought and tend to dubiously polarize people to conform to certain set of norms without asking "why".

Good that the guy was arrested, he should be made to face the full wrath of the law. You cannot fight for God, he is the supreme being and if need be, he just say kun fa-yakūn (Be, and it is).

Just on another note, some people with chronic religious bigotry who have been barking about a supposedly muslim-muslim ticket in Nigeria and their fake pastor counterpart will start showing their hypocrisy on this thread.

forget that muslim Muslim part. The Easterners have been denied access to power for long and when they complain, hypocrites like you would scream, “ but we are one Nigeria , it doesn’t matter “ . Hypocrisy will kill you definitely

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by natanyin: 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2022
Funny thing about all this is the fact that the person who committed this crime wasn't even born when the novel was published!!!?
Quest7777:

Someone published a book 34 years ago. You say the book insulted your god & you passed a death sentence on him. Your god could not avenge the insult for all these 34years & you still carry the 34years old bitterness reach 2022 to the extent of committing murder. SMH.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by NOwazobia: 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2022
Throwback:

Tinubu it is.

Let Atiku and Obi resolve the terrorism within their respective NorthEast and SouthEast first.
Ok. Good luck.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Iamziggy: 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2022
Uhmmm!!! Is this ya strategy to shy away from bringing forth ya evidence...
jmoore:

Evidence for someone that is already beclouded.

Why do terrorists scream Allah Akbar when killing people?

Islamabad. The religion of terror.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by LegalWolf: 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2022
etrouble:

Is it the fault of the idiots stereotyping or our fellow so called Muslims that act senselessly?

Brother, it’s squarely our brothers faults. But that shouldn’t been a justification for them insulting Islam.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Fcwilly: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2022
myettiallah:
Nawa ooo for these head slammers oo
Someone wrote a controversial book since 1989 1989 ooooo!!!...
Ever since, these head slammers have been hunting him down...
Just because of his books, his ideas...
Tueh!!! I spit on their forehead

Yet they say Islam is a peaceful religion.

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2022
They should protect my Rushdie o. No harm must befall him.

One of my favourite novelists, well deserving of the Nobel Prize.

Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by iLegendd(m): 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2022
Bring him to Nigeria so that our terrorist sympathizer of a president will set him free and give him a federal work.
Re: Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown by Realtalk20: 9:59pm On Aug 12, 2022
LegendHero:

I am not an IPOB terrorist.

I am Yoruba and I don’t have any terroristic tendencies in me.

This talkative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye / Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation / Man Shot Dead For 'blasphemy' In Pakistan Courtroom