Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,784 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion (27168 Views)

Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) / Ondo Muslim Community Fumes Over Return Of School To Missionaries / Tambuwal To Tinubu: When You Were Denied Buhari’s VP, You Tried To Rock The Boat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by Basher8583: 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2022
OkCornel:
BAT propaganda team, please answer these questions for us, bearing in mind Lagos IGR and borrowings increased significantly between 1999-2007, compared to preceding years.

1. What were the infrastructural developments initiated and concluded in Lagos under Tinubu's tenure as governor?

2. Why is Lagos today ranked amongst the worst cities to live in despite the huge IGR and borrowings? Where are these monies really going to? inflated contracts awarded to Tinubu and his cronies?

3. How has the increased IGR and borrowings translated to improvement in the standard of living of the average Lagosian?

4. Why are Tinubu's daughters purchasing properties abroad to live there permanently, instead of the Lagos their darling daddy "developed" colonized?

5. If Tinubu did an excellent job developing Lagos, why does he travel abroad for surgery and medical checkups?

Now watch how confounded BAT propagandists will drag Obi (not even Atiku) into this equation instead of answering the questions. Quietly implying they see Obi as a genuine threat.

Why are you in Lagos instead of the dump you call a region SE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by OkCornel(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2022
Basher8583:

And who told you I’m in Lagos or in Nigeria for that matter?

How do you Tinubu supporters think?

Answer my questions and stop deflecting.
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by Daybor25(m): 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2022
Badgers14:
Peter Obi we know.

Don't be surprised if Tinubu casts his vote for Peter Obi grin
In your widest dream
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by WithFact: 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2022
donaldking100:

According to Pastor David Ibiyomie of Salvation Ministries, and i quote......
"The Bible says in the book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 10: Woe unto the nation whose leader is a child.
So if you are planning on voting-in a child who moves around wearing pampers, then you are a fool & a very big failure."
Those were the words of Ibioyomie.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

grin. This bible get mind o. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by rajiedreez: 9:15pm On Aug 13, 2022
OkCornel:
BAT propaganda team, please answer these questions for us, bearing in mind Lagos IGR and borrowings increased significantly between 1999-2007, compared to preceding years.

1. What were the infrastructural developments initiated and concluded in Lagos under Tinubu's tenure as governor?

2. Why is Lagos today ranked amongst the worst cities to live in despite the huge IGR and borrowings? Where are these monies really going to? inflated contracts awarded to Tinubu and his cronies?

3. How has the increased IGR and borrowings translated to improvement in the standard of living of the average Lagosian?

4. Why are Tinubu's daughters purchasing properties abroad to live there permanently, instead of the Lagos their darling daddy "developed" colonized?

5. If Tinubu did an excellent job developing Lagos, why does he travel abroad for surgery and medical checkups?

Now watch how confounded BAT propagandists will drag Obi (not even Atiku) into this equation instead of answering the questions. Quietly implying they see Obi as a genuine threat.

To answer your question, it'd be too lengthy to list projects started and finished by him but I'll try do some justice to the question.

1) he build low cost estate in aja, he did lasu/isheri road from start to finish also igando/ikotun road. He started and completed over 250 roads. The ones I mentioned here are those I personally ply and knew it's Tinubu that did them.

2) Lagos is ranked amongst the worst cities because of its population. In 1999, Lagos has a population of 7m, but in 2021 the population is over 15m. That's double its population since return to democratic rule. And also, Lagos land mass is small compared to its population.

3) Nigeria is not practicing true federalism and the development Lagos has, is being overwhelmed by its ever growing population. And also the federal government are stylishly hindering the progress rate of the state. For example, if Lagos state was allowed to generate and distribute its own eketricity. Dunlop, Cadbury, vasuani and other manufacturing companies resident in Lagos won't move their production out of Nigeria and it will boost the employment rate of the state.

4). It's on record that before Tinubu joined politics, he has had a house outside the country and his 'Mother' Abibat Mogaji wasn't also poor as she was a well established trader. So he's had the means to acquire property with his children outside the country even if he's not into politics. But I won't shy away from the facts that his political career also helped propel it further.

5) A state can't single handedly develop a sector of a country, it's a collective effort. It's on record that Lagos state has the best government owned medical facility in the country. And if the federal government from 1999 till date had invested massively in health sector also like Lagos had done, the sector will have grown to world class standard. And it's not just about having good hospitals that makes people travel out for health reasons, how much capable doctors are our universities producing yearly. Ones health isn't what you'll allow anyhow doctor practice trial and error on. If you have the means to go elsewhere for better treatment you can go.

I believe I've tried to do justice to your questions.

Thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by seunayantokun(m): 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2022
During campaign, Satan promises an eldorado and says sweet things about himself but when he wins your heart, you see hell and its horrors.
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by TolaniLuv: 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2022
OkCornel:

If we don’t have as much as people from all over Nigerian rushing to Lagos! I believe you will see the work easily! Lagos should be declared a country not a state more than 30 million people more than half of Ghana. So , stop talking bulshitn and if you are typing from Lagos now na Ogun go kill u. We that are born and live in Lagos can see the work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by fredoooooo: 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2022
Omoslim26:

The North he is banking do not want him, infact they don't like him at all,you can try going to the Hausa community in your area and preach tinubu to them,make sure you have your armor on make them no use dagger shift your left chest oo grin
He has already to the Christians that he doesn't need our votes by trying to gamble with our survival in this Country for his desperate emilokan ambition,so where do you expect him to get the votes from undecided
End Apc,save Nigeria.

Prepare yourself for another 8 years of hatred and wailings ... grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by OkCornel(m): 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2022
TolaniLuv:

If we don’t have as much as people from all over Nigerian rushing to Lagos! I believe you will see the work easily! Lagos should be declared a country not a state more than 30 million people more than half of Ghana. So , stop talking bulshitn and if you are typing from Lagos now na Ogun go kill u. We that are born and live in Lagos can see the work.

For the umpteenth time, I’m not based in Lagos or Nigeria for that matter. If you are literate enough to read my posts on this thread. But no, you don’t read.

Now humor me a bit, are people relocating to Lagos because of Tinubu? Or

Because Lagos was the capital city of Nigeria from 1914 to 1991, and as a result of all the Federal government’s investments and capital assets there?

Were people not relocating to Lagos en masse prior to when Tinubu was governor?

If your answer to my last two questions are yes, then channel your prayer/wishes for me to yourself and your family.
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by OkCornel(m): 11:10pm On Aug 13, 2022
TolaniLuv:

By the way, you did not give a direct response to each of the questions I raised.
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by OkCornel(m): 11:13pm On Aug 13, 2022
rajiedreez:

To answer your question it'd be too lengthy to list projects started and finished by him but I'll try do some justice to the question.

1) he build low cost estate in aja, he did lasu/isheri road from start to finish also igando/ikotun road. He started and completed over 250 roads. The ones I mentioned here are those I personally ply and knew it's Tinubu that did it.

2) Lagos is ranked the amongst the worst cities because of its population. In 1999, Lagos has a population of 7m, but in 2021 the population is over 15m. That's double the it population since return to democratic rule. And also Lagos land mass is small compared to its population.

3) Nigeria is not practicing true federalism and the development Lagos has is being overwhelmed by its ever growing population. And also the federal government are stylishly hindering the progress rate of the state. For example if Lagos state was allowed to generate and distribute its own eketricity, Dunlop, Cadbury, vasuani and other manufacturing companies residence in Lagos won't move their production out of Nigeria and it will boost the employment rate of the state.

4). It's on record that before Tinubu joined politics, he has had a house outside the country and his 'Mother' Abibat Mogaji wasn't also poor as she was a well established trader. So he's had the means to acquire property with his children outside the country even if he's not into politics. But I won't shy away from the facts that his political career also helped propel it further.

5) A state can't single handedly develop a sector of a country, it's a collective effort. It's on record that Lagos state has the best government owned medical facility in the country. And if the federal government from 1999 till date had invested massively in health sector also like Lagos had done, the sector will have grown to world class standard. And it's not just about having good hospitals that makes people travel out for health reasons, how much capable doctors are our universities producing yearly. Ones health isn't what you'll allow anyhow doctor practice trial and error on. If you have the means to go elsewhere for better treatment you can go.

I believe I've tried to do justice to you questions.

Thanks
Correct man. You are the first person to make a reasonable attempt at my questions. Best attempt out of all the Tinubu supporters so far on this platform.

That being said, let’s continue this conversation in the morning, when we’re well rested and refreshed.

I think we’re going to have an intellectually stimulating discussion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by DevilSignature: 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2022
donaldking100:

According to Pastor David Ibiyomie of Salvation Ministries, and i quote......
"The Bible says in the book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 10: Woe unto the nation whose leader is a child.
So if you are planning on voting-in a child who moves around wearing pampers, then you are a fool & a very big failure."
Those were the words of Ibioyomie.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
live is in three different phases
The childhood
The adulthood
And the Aged

The Aged is like the childhood, the Aged behave and think like a child, strengths are gone, weak bones and brain cells damage just like Tunibu who now have Parkinson decease due to cerebral hemispheres damages

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by Throwback: 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2022
Arysexy:

Mumu, Tinubu was Governor when Apapa was a no go area and Molue was the means of transportation from Obalende to Oshodi.

I was in Lagos and schooled at St Gregory college.

Tinubu did nothing in Lagos.

And was it not Tinubu that setup the BRT to eradicate Molue that was not his own doing?

Your problem is proud ignorance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by abokikhalifa: 11:44pm On Aug 13, 2022
Faber:

That's why I said is costly.
That's why we need Peter Obi who will come and prioritize education and remould the government owned institutions

Like he did Anambra state university when he was the govt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by Thedon22: 11:48pm On Aug 13, 2022
OkCornel:

You said Lagos is the worst city to live but PO built/rented house in Lagos to live. All the Anambra billionaires built houses in Lagos. What does that tell you? Or let's reverse it. Does Tinubu built/rent a house to live in Anambra ? In other words between the 2 contestants one is the LANDLORD, the other is TENANT. That's my observation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by OkCornel(m): 11:50pm On Aug 13, 2022
Thedon22:

You said Lagos is the worst city to live but PO built/rented house in Lagos to live. All the Anambra billionaires built houses in Lagos. What does that tell you? Or let's reverse it. Does Tinubu built/rent a house to in Anambra. In other words between the 2 contestants one is the LANDLORD, the other is TENANT. That's my observation.

Read my last paragraph. You just did exactly what I predicted.

We are discussing Tinubu here. Not Atiku or Obi or Kwankwaso

Besides, are those reports of Lagos being amongst the worst cities in the world to live in factual or not? That’s the issue in focus.
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by Omoslim26: 11:53pm On Aug 13, 2022
fredoooooo:

Prepare yourself for another 8 years of hatred and wailings ... grin cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy the funniest thing na se the ones wey bin dey shout wailer upandan them no escape the wotowoto from apcheat.
Prepare yourself to be Obidient or be relegated grin grin
2023 is Apc vs Nigeria
Who do you think will win grin
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by Thedon22: 11:54pm On Aug 13, 2022
OkCornel:

Read my last paragraph. You just did exactly what I predicted.

We are discussing Tinubu here. Not Atiku or Obi or Kwankwaso

Besides, are those reports of Lagos being amongst the worst cities in the world to live in factual or not? That’s the issue in focus.
Oga, what you wrote will be meaningless without comparative analysis - side by side. That's how to rate candidates for elections.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by fredoooooo: 11:57pm On Aug 13, 2022
Omoslim26:

cheesy cheesy the funniest thing na se the ones wey bin dey shout wailer upandan them no escape the wotowoto from apcheat.
Prepare yourself to be Obidient or be relegated grin grin
2023 is Apc vs Nigeria
Who do you think will win grin

These obituarist are clowns , whwn the coast is clear . I don't want to hear no erection no leflemdum or Biafla o ... mae campaign start abeg grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by OkCornel(m): 11:57pm On Aug 13, 2022
Thedon22:

Oga, what you wrote will be meaningless without comparative analysis - side by side. That's how to rate candidates for elections.

Comparative analysis of Lagos to other mega cities in the world is meaningless. Really?

Is Nigeria that backward?

Since Tinubu did very well in Lagos, why is Lagos one of the worst mega cities in the world to live in?
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by Thedon22: 12:15am On Aug 14, 2022
OkCornel:

Comparative analysis of Lagos to other mega cities in the world is meaningless. Really?

Is Nigeria that backward?

Since Tinubu did very well in Lagos, why is Lagos one of the worst mega cities in the world to live in?

Do they make the same revenue. Fyi the budget of the whole Nigeria is equivalent to that of one state in US. But Lagos is still better than Anambra now. Even the elites in Abuja have relocated fully to Lagos for fear of banditry. Obi also ran to Lagos because of unknown gunmen and you say we shouldn't compare. Tinubus Lagos is still the reference point in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by Canberra55: 12:20am On Aug 14, 2022
Basher8583:

Ii
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by InvertedHammer: 1:40am On Aug 14, 2022
/

Everything involves long explanations with this oga

Date of birth, town of origin, primary school, secondary school, etc. Na so so long stories grin grin grin

This is what happens when someone lies so much that he gets confused trying to remember which lies go with what. cool

/
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by Arysexy(m): 6:33am On Aug 14, 2022
Throwback:

And was it not Tinubu that setup the BRT to eradicate Molue that was not his own doing?

Your problem is proud ignorance.

BRT was brought in by Fashola
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by Throwback: 8:04am On Aug 14, 2022
Arysexy:

BRT was brought in by Fashola

More like commissioned by Fashola, but Tinubu's project.

Tinubu did all the concept, road markings, procured the buses.

Tinubu even sponsored the late Saula and his executives of NURTW to go understudy the benefits of the BRT system in Brazil.

Again, Tinubu implemented the BRT but left it for Fashola to commission.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by COMPAQ(m): 8:13am On Aug 14, 2022
Faber:
grin

You (government) stole my property, you (the same government with another person as head) returned my property to me.

You expect me to start clamping for you. After the government do see say to run the schools don dey hard them.

Name one sector of Nigerian society being run by the government that is alive.

Private Universties no dey go strike as you can see. Privatize all universities in this country, it will make University education costly, but you no fit hear of ASUU strike again

I wouldn't use the word privatize as that suggests that they should be profit making. But I agree that universities in Nigeria should be self determining. They should set the fees that will require them to attract the best faculty and maintain services and facilities to a high standard.

Funny enough though if you give this option to ASUU don't be surprised that they reject it. Seems to me Assu just want to be paid more while remaining under government because it means they are not accountable for increased performance and productivity.
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by COMPAQ(m): 8:15am On Aug 14, 2022
Throwback:

More like commissioned by Fashola, but Tinubu's project.

Tinubu did all the concept, road markings, procured the buses.

Tinubu even sponsored the late Saula and his executives of NURTW to go understudy the benefits of the BRT system in Brazil.

Again, Tinubu implemented the BRT but left it for Fashola to commission.

What concerns agbero organisation with understudy g anything? Are the the ones implementing brt? Tinubu is the one who foisted the madness of nurtw on lagosians.
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by Basher8583: 9:34am On Aug 14, 2022
OkCornel:

And who told you I’m in Lagos or in Nigeria for that matter?

How do you Tinubu supporters think?

Answer my questions and stop deflecting.

If you are not in Nigeria then its more reason for you to mind your business and focus on your slave job.

You are not from SW, you are also not in Nigeria but Lagos and Tinubu is your problem.

We need to find a name for this new medical condition.
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by OkCornel(m): 9:38am On Aug 14, 2022
Basher8583:

If you are not in Nigeria then its more reason for you to mind your business and focus on your slave job.

You are not from SW, you are also not in Nigeria but Lagos and Tinubu is your problem.

We need to find a name for this new medical condition.

Honestly, BAT supporters are silly. No offence intended.

What then happens to my family back in Nigeria? I should no longer care about Nigerian matters because I relocated from Nigeria?

Again I ask, how do you BAT supporters think?

My “slave job” is feeding hungry Nigerians like your type who slide into my DMs for financial assistance. Keep quiet if you don’t have anything intelligent to say. I’m allergic to stupidity.

Y’all keep on voting foolish leaders and later disturb Nigerians in the diaspora for financial support to settle pressing expenses. Classic example of stupidity in action.
Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by Viscuz: 9:40am On Aug 14, 2022
diadem10:

Ode, cut and paste video are not complete like this. Cut and paste are those 10-20 secs video which your fellow miscreantttss always put out. No Wonder Peter Obi graduated with D pass. Like Peter Obi, like his disciples

Cocaine head no dey go anywhere

Re: Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion by OkCornel(m): 9:42am On Aug 14, 2022
Thedon22:

Do they make the same revenue. Fyi the budget of the whole Nigeria is equivalent to that of one state in US. But Lagos is still better than Anambra now. Even the elites in Abuja have relocated fully to Lagos for fear of banditry. Obi also ran to Lagos because of unknown gunmen and you say we shouldn't compare. Tinubus Lagos is still the reference point in Nigeria.

We will compare Lagos to other highly populated cities in Africa, South America and Asia.

Then I’ll wait to see your next excuse.

Abeg, I’m discussing Tinubu with Tinubu’s supporters. Can we talk about Tinubu without Obi, Atiku or Kwankwaso in this discussion?

Out of all the candidates, why is it always Obi that’s dragged into a Tinubu discussion for goodness sakes? Why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe Begs Tinubu To Release Nnamdi Kanu / Adeleke Suffers Gaffe, Appoints Commissioner As ‘Minister’ / Joshua Iginla Visits Goodluck Jonathan & His Wife In Otueke (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.