Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,844 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt (2975 Views)

The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? / UNITY 3D Is The Hardest Engine To Learn, Any Other Options ? / If You've Always Wanted To Learn Programming But Failed, Be Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by TastyFriedPussy: 6:00am On Aug 15, 2022
Edipet:
bro no vex, us SSD 128gb,8gb ram good for learning programming
it is good but if you're interest in programming is driven by money and not by passion or love for programming you'll regret ever buying that laptop and you'll end up selling it.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by peterincredible: 7:49am On Aug 15, 2022
Edipet:
bro no vex, us SSD 128gb,8gb ram good for learning programming
yes boss I think it is okay for programming
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:28am On Aug 15, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
it is good but if you're interest in programming is driven by money and not by passion or love for programming you'll regret ever buying that laptop and you'll end up selling it.

Stop scaring people with this . It's perfectly okay to learn programming for money. You have to be very disciplined and consistent.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Lorayne(m): 12:03pm On Aug 15, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Y'all should stop this.

You think he won't be motivated enough to learn programming because he has no "passion" for it?

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by namikaze: 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I have already read as many DSA books as I could. Grokking algorithms, computer science distilled and cracking the coding interview. Focus now is on leetcoding myself to death.
Nice, for me, I decided to go a bit deeper since much of my exposure to DSA is from blog posts, random vids and the book "a common sense guide to data structures and algorithms". There are good books like clrs, algorithm design manual e.t.c but I'm not a fan large readings, evident that the book above is the only "programming" book I've completed even though I have tons of them even the ones you listed in my pdf library lol.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by SavageBoy: 6:46am On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Stop scaring people with this . It's perfectly okay to learn programming for money. You have to be very disciplined and consistent.

Leave that guy, from the way he talks you'll know he's immature.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Hamzasaid(m): 7:20am On Aug 16, 2022
namikaze:

Nice, for me, I decided to go a bit deeper since much of my exposure to DSA is from blog posts, random vids and the book "a common sense guide to data structures and algorithms" . There are good books like clrs, algorithm design manual e.t.c but I'm not a fan large readings, evident that the book above is the only "programming" book I've completed even though I have tons of them even the ones you listed in my pdf library lol.

The book is really good... loved how the guy uses different language to explain stuffs

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Saverin: 7:32am On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Baba, applying you principle of demand and supply, why are newbies not learning Java?

There are more job opening for this language at core (supply) than others. Meanwhile, few people are learning the language (demand)
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:07am On Aug 16, 2022
Saverin:

Baba, applying you principle of demand and supply, why are newbies not learning Java?

There are more job opening for this language at core (supply) than others. Meanwhile, few people are learning the language (demand)

People are learning java though.

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by MadarasBlade(m): 9:27am On Aug 16, 2022
namikaze:

Nice, for me, I decided to go a bit deeper since much of my exposure to DSA is from blog posts, random vids and the book "a common sense guide to data structures and algorithms". There are good books like clrs, algorithm design manual e.t.c but I'm not a fan large readings, evident that the book above is the only "programming" book I've completed even though I have tons of them even the ones you listed in my pdf library lol.

I just downloaded the book lol, i am never leaving nairaland.

I was learning how to read and write maths proofs as a prerequisite for learning dsa before now, it seems this book's writing is in plain english. Thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Saverin: 10:23am On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

People are learning java though.

I know but the hype is with python, JavaScript and co
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:29am On Aug 16, 2022
Saverin:

I know but the hype is with python, JavaScript and co
Probably but java is still very relevant. I know a lot of people learning java as their first language.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by jaeybee98(m): 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I have already read as many DSA books as I could. Grokking algorithms, computer science distilled and cracking the coding interview. Focus now is on leetcoding myself to death.
Do you check for the solutions of questions you are finding it difficult to solve or you stay put on it till you can figure out something?
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
jaeybee98:
Do you check for the solutions of questions you are finding it difficult to solve or you stay put on it till you can figure out something?

If I can't figure out something in 15 to 20 mins I am checking the solutions immediately. The more questions I can do and the more patterns I can see the better I can get at solving future questions. I am not a genius at all and my target is around 800 to 1000 questions to get down most of all the patterns.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by jaeybee98(m): 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

If I can't figure out something in 15 to 20 mins I am checking the solutions immediately. The more questions I can do and the more patterns I can see the better I can get at solving future questions. I am not a genius at all and my target is around 800 to 1000 questions to get down most of all the patterns.
Thank you for this. I felt like a failure trying to solve a basic arrays problem yesterday.
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2022
jaeybee98:
Thank you for this. I felt like a failure trying to solve a basic arrays problem yesterday.
Oh don't feel like that o. There are people who can solve the hardest questions without even grinding leetcode but their IQs are like 180 to 195 ish. Average IQ person will need to grind thousands and thousands a d thousands of questions to match up with their level. The below picture is my target Sha. It might take years maybe 2 to 3 but I go achieve am.

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by jaeybee98(m): 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Oh don't feel like that o. There are people who can solve the hardest questions without even grinding leetcode but their IQs are like 180 to 195 ish. Average IQ person will need to grind thousands and thousands a d thousands of questions to match up with their level. The below picture is my target Sha. It might take years maybe 2 to 3 but I go achieve am.
Omo! Thank you so much. Let me get back to grinding.
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by TastyFriedPussy: 8:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I don't think IQ has anything to do with being able to solve the hardest questions.. I think it has to do with the fact that those guys have been coding for very long periods.. You'll see a 17 year old with 9 years of coding experience and so on. They began soiling their hands with data structures and algorithms very early in life and became really Godly at solving DSA related problems. I don't think it has anything to do with high IQ.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
I don't think IQ has anything to do with being able to solve the hardest questions.. I think it has to do with the fact that those guys have been coding for very long periods.. You'll see a 17 year old with 9 years of coding experience and so on. They began soiling their hands with data structures and algorithms very early in life and began really Godly and solving DSA related problems. I don't think it has anything to do with high IQ.

it does trust me. A lot of the hardest programming also involve very high level mathematics. Knowing very obscure mathematical algorithms and formulas and transcribing them to programming. How do you know them without having a high IQ?

You are also right about age too. Grennady started coding at 7 years old. He's number one in the world of competitive programming.
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by TastyFriedPussy: 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

it does trust me. A lot of the hardest programming also involve very high level mathematics. Knowing very obscure mathematical algorithms and formulas and transcribing them to programming. How do you know them without having a high IQ?

You are also right about age too. Grennady started coding at 7 years old. He's number one in the world of competitive programming.
Lol, that's exactly what I'm saying.. They started learning those things early. Not as if their High IQ alone is the reason they are good at solving problems.. Experience is also a major factor.. Even someone with an average IQ, if he has the required years of experience with DSA and all that, would not do any less better than someone with an IQ of 200.. Even you sef, if you take the time required to study the thing well, you sef will be surprised at how good you'll become.. IQ does help to but it's not a yard stick for being a beastly competitive programmer. Effort is all that matters.

By the way, what language do you use for solving leetcode questions?
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Lol, that's exactly what I'm saying.. They started learning those things early. Not as if their High IQ alone is the reason they are good at solving problems.. Experience is also a major factor.. Even someone with an average IQ, if he has the required years of experience with DSA and all that, would not do any less better than someone with an IQ of 200.. Even you sef, if you take the time required to study the thing well, you sef will be surprised at how good you'll become.. IQ does help to but it's not a yard stick for being a beastly competitive programmer. Effort is all that matters.

By the way, what language do you use for solving leetcode questions?

Java and Javascript.
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by TastyFriedPussy: 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Java and Javascript.
I'd like to seek some piece of advice from you.. Please I'll really appreciate if you would take your time to answer me..

I'm currently, 21 next year I'll be 22 and would be going to uni for CS..
I'll love to go into full stack web development (from front end to back end)and also some competitive programming (even though I won't be competing with anyone or anywhere, just to sharpen my programming skills)..

How would you advise me to go about this, I'm seriously confused because I don't know where to start from or which to start with ... And I'll also love to learn one OOP language(preferably C++) for solving DSA or CP related questions.. I just don't know how to put this into some sort of path way to follow.

I'm not going into coding for money so I don't care how long it would take me before I start getting the dividends..

So please how would you advise me to go about it.. Focus on web development first or CP..
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
I'd like to seek some piece of advice from you.. Please I'll really appreciate if you would take your time to answer me..

I'm currently, 21 next year I'll be 22 and would be going to uni for CS..
I'll love to go into full stack web development (from front end to back end)and also some competitive programming (even though I won't be competing with anyone or anywhere, just to sharpen my programming skills)..

How would you advise me to go about this, I'm seriously confused because I don't know where to start from or which to start with ... And I'll also love to learn one OOP language(preferably C++) for solving DSA or CP related questions.. I just don't know how to put this into some sort of path way to follow.

I'm not going into coding for money so I don't care how long it would take me before I start getting the dividends..

So please how would you advise me to go about it.. Focus on web development first or CP..

Learn the full stack alongside DSA. Once you have learned the basics of a programming language start solving DSA questions with it every day. Don't leave one for the other. For full stack I will recommend you start from frontend and pivot to the backend. It's easier getting a job as a junior frontend developer than a backend developer so best to start there and work your way up to fullstack but mbom for the first 2 to 3 years of your career no one send your stack o.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by TastyFriedPussy: 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Learn the full stack alongside DSA. Once you have learned the basics of a programming language start solving DSA questions with it every day. Don't leave one for the other. For full stack I will recommend you start from frontend and pivot to the backend. It's easier getting a job as a junior frontend developer than a backend developer so best to start there and work your way up to fullstack but mbom for the first 2 to 3 years of your career no one send your stack o.
thanks..
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by namikaze: 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
MadarasBlade:

I just downloaded the book lol, i am never leaving nairaland.

I was learning how to read and write maths proofs as a prerequisite for learning dsa before now, it seems this book's writing is in plain english. Thanks bro
uwc. There are many other books and courses in plain English too, the book will give you a high level overview of all DSA but you'll probably need more, your knowledge of proofs would come handy some other time.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Edipet(m): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
am learning it for both money and passion. 60,% money, and 40% passion. Should I get the laptop??
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by thebiolaopa(m): 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2022
Bro, CSS no be language o lol

iFlare:
Mine is: css

I started with python and believe me it was the easiest. After python I switched to Java. Now I've made up my mind to be full stack dev. I'm done with html, I got comfortable with all the tags in a week. Done JavaScript though I was learning css before I went to js. Css has been a pain in my ass, the worst are flex and grid. I can't get it right. They said js is harder than css, but it was smooth, tho verbose. I've started react and I feel more comfortable learning it. Css dey gimme fear aswear.

What about you?

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by peterincredible: 6:43am On Aug 18, 2022
Edipet:
am learning it for both money and passion. 60,% money, and 40% passion. Should I get the laptop??
wether na moni or passion make you learn am no wahala just take your tym and if you notice you are not enjoying it u can always try something else

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Edipet(m): 8:09am On Aug 19, 2022
peterincredible:
wether na moni or passion make you learn am no wahala just take your tym and if you notice you are not enjoying it u can always try something else
ok. Please recommend the laptop to start with
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by GoodBoyBadVibes(f): 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Are these books available online for free?
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Lorayne(m): 4:13pm On Aug 26, 2022
ABUPHARM:

Still on the alx program?
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Lorayne(m): 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2022
Avast:

Hey bro.

Are you still on the program?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Bank Sort Codes And Their Adresses / What Really Can I Do In The Dark Web With The Aid Of Tor Brwser? / Select All Rows Where The Sum Of Column Equals A Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.