Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,148 members, 7,863,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:00 AM

Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body (1178 Views)

She Does Not Ask For Intimacy / Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? / Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by Comic22: 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2011
---------------------
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by dominique(f): 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2011
As they say; its a man's world.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by Sicherheit(m): 11:42pm On Aug 04, 2011
If you need your mommy to drive you to the tattoo place, then you are not ready to get one. undecided
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by Lukema(m): 11:48pm On Aug 04, 2011
Dat cooool. grin
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by tpia5: 12:19am On Aug 05, 2011
If you need your mommy to drive you to the tattoo place, then you are not ready to get one

true talk.

How "independent" is that?
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by Nobody: 3:47am On Aug 05, 2011
Don't go and read your books and better your life, you hear.
You think because you put 'woman' in your thread we will rally around you for 'female empowerment'. Rubbish. grin
So this is your own female cause? Pierced belly button? undecided
See her mouth like Dylan Ratigan.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by tpia5: 3:50am On Aug 05, 2011
abroad is good sha.

fighting mummy for not driving you to the tattoo parlour.

try that with some mummies in nigeria and see what happens.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by Nobody: 3:56am On Aug 05, 2011
Comic22:

I am 18 years old and I want to get my belly button pierced. But I have a feeling that my mom and uncle are against it. They refused to take me to the tattoo parlor when I wasn't planning to get a tattoo. I wanted to see the place and check if it would be the right place to get my belly pierced.

I will get my provisional license this December and I miht drive myself, but I don't want to be called an ashawo for it.

Women are called ashawos because of little things like what they wear and the people they hang out with. I disagree because[b] I think a woman should be independent and should do what she wants with HER body.[/b] Girls are called whores if they wear a mini skirt or a bikini.

An ashawo is a woman that steals other mens' wives and sleeps with other men for attention or for any other reason besides being forced to, NOT a woman who dresses however she likes.

Yeah, seen stupeed girls like you who think they are now "independent" because they hit the magic age of 18. You shld be ashamed of yourself, your age mates are too busy trying to figure out how to obtain a decent college education to advance their lives and your own grouse is piercing your belly button? After you end up a single mother i hope you dont go back to your mother for help . . . you shld enjoy your "independence".
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 05, 2011
Comic22:

I am 18 years old and I want to get my belly button pierced. But I have a feeling that my mom and uncle are against it. They refused to take me to the tattoo parlor when I wasn't planning to get a tattoo. I wanted to see the place and check if it would be the right place to get my belly pierced.

I will get my provisional license this December and I miht drive myself, but I don't want to be called an ashawo for it.

Women are called ashawos because of little things like what they wear and the people they hang out with. I disagree because I think a woman should be independent and should do what she wants with HER body. Girls are called whores if they wear a mini skirt or a bikini.
Lol, Independent? see who's trying to promote independence is here sulking because mummy and uncle refused to take her to a tattoo parlor grin

You might drive yourself? with whose car? your mummy's or uncle's? grin cheesy

So your definition of independence is piercing your belly button? undecided . Dumb girl, like someone said you better go read your books and grow some decent and intelligent brain first before coming here to show us how silly you are. Your type actually makes men think that all women are dumb backsides cry cry

C'mon go and sit down and become useful to the society. Oponu
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by obowunmi(m): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2011
Kaaaaii, see how they finish the poster. OP, you better listen to what ure elders here have said. You are a nigerian and not an American --- so rotate yaself and behavior.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by blank(f): 10:43am On Aug 05, 2011
Poster, listen to JennyKadry. She spoke the truth.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by rose75(f): 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
You teenagers think getting to 18 is the ultimate?. Independence , independence all the time as if you did the person whom you depended upon a great favour. Go ahead and pierce your brain if it makes you happy. You're not even grateful for having relatives that want you to be responsible. Don't allow your actions at this juvenille state mar your adulthood.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by armyofone(m): 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2011
lol, david and jenny you guy bad o grin grin
girl, at this age, do not misplace your priority.
it is your body but don't make the mistake of misusing it.
face your academics, much more important for a girl than anything in the world.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by lailaiwala: 3:01pm On Oct 11, 2011
lol. shes so embarrassed she removed her st^pid post. id!ot.
poster come back here please.  there's a new trend among american 18 year old "women". they're piercing their brain.  i'll drive you to the tattoo parlor.  no problem.  grin grin grin

very ignorant child.  read this nonsense from our valedictorian. (thank you for quoting her, David and Jenny)

Girls are called whores if they wear a mini skirt or a bikini.

An ashawo is a woman that steals other mens' wives and sleeps with other men for attention or for any other reason besides being forced to, NOT a woman who dresses however she likes.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by sasimalia(f): 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2011
Comic22, Please don't take offense and look through the previous posts. The ultimate lesson they contain is very important despite the way they are written (lol). Believe us, we have been here and back. I remember being 18 and thinking that my whole world would change and ppl would treat me as a full adult. I am 25 and married, with a degree, a professional career, a household of my own, and still not everybody treats me as an adult and you know what? it does not bother me at all to be called "small girl'. You know why:
1- We are africans, we will always be considered "kids" by elders
2- Being independent and being treated a such has to do with maturity: That is figuring out goals for your life academically and professionally and working towards those without whining. Wanting to get a tattoo or a piercing and fuming because nobody will let you is the furthest thing from mature behavior. Believe me. Dear little sister, get your priorities straight. You will thank your mom and uncle.
3- They say don't judge but we all do and we should judge and correct those who "don't know better", including youth with no guidance. Respect is not given, it is earned and yes whatever you do with your body sends signals about you are and how much respect you are "entitled" to assuming no one else knows nothing else about you than the image you portray. So yes if I see, a 18 year old with multiple tattoos and piercing, I do judge immediately. If I see a grown woman with kids and her G-string hanging out and 2inch-multicolor acrylic nails, yes I judge, unless she shows me better than what I see. Why do need a tattoo for anyways? Nothing against the tattoo itself (i have wanted one to for along time but never gathered the courage to get it and i am glad I didn't; I cant imagine what it would look like 50 years from now on my wrinkled skin undecided )but more your behavior around the tattoo issue.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2011
these are the same idiots who pierce their baby girl's ears at birth giving u a rim job. if u want to pierce ur belly button go for it. but don't expect ur mom to drive u . (A LOT OF) Nigerians are the biggest hypocrites, don't ask them for advice. they quote the bible and morality all day long but they are mostly sluts who care nothing about God but what they can get out of him. useless.

(1) (Reply)

Am Too Months Into Marital Life Today,what Internet Has Brought 2geda / No Marry If U No Get Money O! / Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.