Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray (22911 Views)

Praying But Not Believing / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:04am On Aug 14, 2022
What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray

Start praying...

It's that simple.

That's all you have to do because you don't have to feel like praying before you start praying.

Remember the flesh is weak but the spirit is willing, and prayer is a spiritual exercise, so if you want to wait first until you feel like praying before you start praying, you may never start praying.

But you need to pray so you don't fall into temptation.

Matthew 26:41 (KJV)

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

So just start praying no matter how weak you feel, and let God who is Spirit to help you from there.

God bless.

154 Likes 22 Shares

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:04am On Aug 14, 2022
The amount of hours I pray everyday is such that if one thinks about it first before starting, it's enough to give one a "heart attack".

A times even before I complete just the first phase of my prayers, I would have already exhausted a couple of hours.

So if i waited first til when I felt ready or in the mood to pray before I started, I may keep waiting and waiting, and by the time I would have realized myself, the day would have gone by.

Therefore i just start anyhow and however I feel, and it's usually when I already started praying that I now begin to feel like praying, and prayer becomes my new mood that it feels hard to stop because the Spirit has taken over.

So by the time i'm through, I would have prayed for hours upon hours.

That's how I usually complete my lenghty prayers everyday.

It's not by might nor power but by the Spirit of God.

God bless.

95 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:04am On Aug 14, 2022
My prayer life is very important to me as it inspires whatever I am and am able to do, so it's essential to me that I concluded my prayers everyday.

This topic itself was actually a product of my prayer time. It was while praying last week Sunday that I got the topic, started to type down and finished putting down the post.

However before i started my prayer that day, I felt weak and it seemed like a mountainous task to be able to complete my prayer that day, but I started regardless as usual and before I knew it, It became hard for me to stop praying as I had gotten into the mood.

It was while I was yet praying, and I think while praying about my prayer life that this topic came up, and I started typing down whatever i was receiving, and when I was through, i would continue praying... That's how I finished the posts and also my prayer that day.

So what I speak about prayer here is from personal experience and the reality of the life I live, not what someone else told me.

I start praying regardless of how I feel and it has really worked for me.

God bless.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Righteousness2(m): 6:23am On Aug 14, 2022
Like op said, Irrespective of whether you feel like praying or not, Ensure you pray. Because the truth is if you are to go by feelings, you will scarcely pray.

Prayer is life. Prayer is an investment. Prayer is power. Almost everything that happens to us is as a result of Praying or not praying.

One of the ways to boost your prayer life, is to engage in Fasting. When you Fast you starve the Flesh, but you feed and boost the Spirit man. The truth is you cannot be Foodful and be prayerful.

In the place of Prayer, don't be selfish. Don't just focus Prayers on yourself. Pray for others. Pray for people you know and people you don't know. Pray for the salvation of souls. Pray for Nations and continents.
In the place of prayer, don't just be about physical needs, pray for spiritual gifts.

Most Important, Ensure your prayers are made in righteousness and Holiness. Because the Prayers of a sinner is an abomination to the Lord.

GOD give us Grace.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:46am On Aug 14, 2022
Righteousness2:
Like op said, Irrespective of whether you feel like praying or not, Ensure you pray. Becaude the truth is if you are to go by feelings, you will scarcely pray.

Prayer is life. Prayer is an investment. Prayer is power. Almost everything that happens to us is as a result of Praying or not praying.

One of the ways to boost your prayer life, is to engage in Fasting. When you Fast you starve the Flesh, but you feed and boost the Spirit man. The truth is you cannot be Foodful and be prayerful.

In the place of Prayer, don't be selfish. Don't just focus Prayers on yourself. Pray for others. People you know and people you don't know. Pray for the salvation of souls. Pray for Nations and continents.
In the place of prayer, don't just be about physical needs, pray for spiritual gifts.

Most Important, Ensure your prayers are made in righteousness and Holiness. Because the Prayers of a sinner is an abomination to the Lord.

GOD give us Grace.
Amen. Thanks bro.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:56am On Aug 14, 2022
Pray always and not faint.

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Matthew 26:41 (KJV)

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:32am On Aug 28, 2022
Amen.

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by hopefulLandlord: 7:58am On Aug 28, 2022
It's normal not to feel like praying as prayer has been proven to be useless. The templeton Foundation - a group inclined to believe that prayer is effective - ran an experiment on the efficacy of prayer and concluded its useless

You would have the same success praying to a milk jug as you do praying to god -- the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed. See the problem here? If things turn out the way you want them to, you say it was because you prayed. If not, it's because god knows what's best and you didn't pray for the right thing. Or, if it happens 10 years later you say god answered your prayer , it was just delayed. Nonsense and ingredients.

When you don't feel like praying then it's your sense telling you prayer is a fruitless exercise. listen to your brain. it's what has kept you alive

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:08am On Sep 04, 2022
Thank you Jesus.

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:14am On Sep 11, 2022
Don't stop praying.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:25am On Sep 25, 2022
Glory!
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Exmilitant(m): 8:31am On Sep 25, 2022
Just a question please, why do I have to pray and, whom do I pray to? undecided
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Green3x3: 8:43am On Sep 25, 2022
Checkout my signature to learn hacking
PayPal hacking
Instagram hacking
Facebook hacking
Wifi hacking
Phone hacking
Etc
Like, subscribe and follow the channel for more content
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Green3x3: 8:43am On Sep 25, 2022
Hi I do boost social media accounts for a cheap and affordable price...
Instagram account
Tiktok Account
Facebook account
Twitter account and many more ,do well to patronize me....
I ALSO SELL INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS.... MESSAGE MY NUMBER BELOW TO BUY CHEAP....

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by HolyMan12: 8:43am On Sep 25, 2022
Should we pray before and after sex with our spouses?

Just want to know.

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by DominionGreat: 8:45am On Sep 25, 2022
My prayer life is terrible.. I'll want to pray but it won't feel like praying and then i force myself to pray and while on it my mind begin to wonder far thinking other stuffs and I'll lost concentration...

I truly need help and grace

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Osibajo2023: 8:49am On Sep 25, 2022
Exmilitant:
Just a question please, why do I have to pray and, whom do I pray to? undecided
lol, prayer is like waste of time, I stopped praying like 3years ago, and my life is the same with wen I use to pray

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 25, 2022
We all need grace to do this.

Also pray for strength to pray and God will give it to you.

Amen.

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by godofuck231: 8:53am On Sep 25, 2022
There's power in silence , pray in within , its more powerful and halfway asleep and awake is like a trance , you could get your reply immediately

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Honchoslim16(m): 8:53am On Sep 25, 2022
Get high like I'm partying but my demons the only ones showing up
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by kerry57: 8:54am On Sep 25, 2022
Exactly
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by voskia: 9:02am On Sep 25, 2022
Start playing gospel music first

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Kentuforchrist(m): 9:05am On Sep 25, 2022
Prayer is the key to success
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Uptownerd: 9:07am On Sep 25, 2022

Are you tired of praying? Have you gotten fed up with talking to yourself in an empty room praying to imaginary beings for fictional help that can never come?

Are you tired of your church? Are you tired of going to church all the time even when you don't want to? Have you been having thoughts about humanity, the afterlife and what happens after death? Are you thinking of quitting your church?

Have you started developing doubts about the Bible or other religious related texts? Is your faith now in doubt? Do you think the teachings of your church is illogical and doesn't make sense?

Are you having doubts about reality, why we are here and whether life is meaningful? Do you want to know the truth about heaven and hell? Do you have the mind to understand occultism and astral projections in grotesque dimensions?

If you are experiencing any of the above thoughts, doubts or questions, your freedom and spiritual awakening is at hand.

Uptownerd will lead you through the hard questions about life, religion, soul and the purpose of death for easier understanding and using same knowledge to emancipate yourself from the matrix. You are going to enjoy a new form of psychological freedom never before seen in your entire existence. Don't get left out, the old world order is dead!

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 9:13am On Sep 25, 2022
People no get joy o.
Pesin talk say prayer useless grin
Oboiiiiii
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by baralatie(m): 9:14am On Sep 25, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Pray always and not faint.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 9:14am On Sep 25, 2022
Uptownerd:

Are you tired of praying? Have you gotten fed up with talking to yourself in an empty room praying to imaginary beings for fictional help that can never come?

Are you tired of your church? Are you tired of going to church all the time even when you don't want to? Have you been having thoughts about humanity, the afterlife and what happens after death? Are you thinking of quitting your church?

Have you started developing doubts about the Bible or other religious related texts? Is your faith now in doubt? Do you think the teachings of your church is illogical and doesn't make sense?

Are you having doubts about reality, why we are here and whether life is meaningful? Do you want to know the truth about heaven and hell? Do you have the mind to understand occultism and astral projections in grotesque dimensions?

If you are experiencing any of the above thoughts, doubts or questions, your freedom and spiritual awakening is at hand.

Uptownerd will lead you through the hard questions about life, religion, soul and the purpose of death for easier understanding and using same knowledge to emancipate yourself from the matrix. You are going to enjoy a new form of psychological freedom never before seen in your entire existence. Don't get left out, the old world order is dead!

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Greenfusion: 9:17am On Sep 25, 2022
Whether you choose to pray is your business, God put in place several things to take advantage of. So it's your choice, whether you pray or not, it doesn't affect another person or even God, it's you that it affects, for your own good. It doesn't change who God is in any way. If you like stubborn, say u nor go pray O Y O 4 u!, if you like say I won't pray so it would pain God na u know, God is still God........salvation is personal, at the end u go answer your own name and face your own issues...... Remember to say that little prayer, wetin dey dis world pass ordinary eye.....cheers

What Will Happen At RCCG Convention 2017 — Pastor Adeboye / My Experience With The God Of No Impossibities / ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS?