Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray (22948 Views)

Praying But Not Believing / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by enthronedbyGod1: 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray

Start praying...

It's that simple.

That's all you have to do because you don't have to feel like praying before you start praying.

Remember the flesh is weak but the spirit is willing, and prayer is a spiritual exercise, so if you want to wait first until you feel like praying before you start praying, you may never start praying.

But you need to pray so you don't fall into temptation.

Matthew 26:41 (KJV)

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

So just start praying no matter how weak you feel, and let God who is Spirit to help you from there.

God bless.

Lovely thread.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by GAMZYTK: 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2022
Osibajo2023:
lol, prayer is like waste of time, I stopped praying like 3years ago, and my life is the same with wen I use to pray
But you don't have to, activate your faith while praying it works.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Osibajo2023: 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2022
GAMZYTK:

But you don't have to, activate your faith while praying it works.
fake
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by richie240: 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
The amount of hours I pray everyday is such that if one thinks about it first before starting, it's enough to give one a "heart attack".
On d average, how many hours do u pray per session and per day.

Others may want to learn.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by MufasaLion: 1:36pm On Sep 25, 2022
Osanoghodua1:
If you really want to see a drastic and a lasting change, start praying. If you want to change your community, state, nation, start praying. Without prayers nothing meaningful and life long Impactful can be achieved. The western nations of today was once founded on righteousness, men have paid the price long years ago.

Stop this misinformation. The western nations didn't develop because of prayer or religion, they developed because they used their brains.

Y'all have been enriching your clerics and living in abject poverty because you lots are not using your brains. Bunch of gullible folks.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by phemmyfour: 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2022
Exmilitant:
Just a question please, why do I have to pray and, whom do I pray to? undecided
pray to God
Prayer helps in knowing the mind of God per time

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Desusi: 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2022
Exmilitant:
Just a question please, why do I have to pray and, whom do I pray to? undecided
Thanks for your questions. A German friend who is an atheist asked same questions, during the course of my visit to him in his house at luplow,east Germany. I told him,you have to pray thanking God for preservation of life and His provisions. We live in an evil world.Certainly, we need God to accompany us in the journey of life. He said did not belief all these. Later in the day,we were about to eat,he called his wife,myself, children to join hand together and say we thank for the food.l now whom do we thank then? He said nobody! Hypocrites!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by MufasaLion: 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2022
Desusi:

Thanks for your questions. A German friend who is an atheist asked same questions, during the course of my visit to him in his house at luplow,east Germany. I told him,you have to pray thanking God for preservation of life and His provisions. We live in an evil world.Certainly, we need God to accompany us in the journey of life. He said did not belief all these. Later in the day,we were about to eat,he called his wife,myself, children to join hand together and say we thank for the food.l now whom do we thank then? He said nobody! Hypocrites!

Who do you refer to as "hypocrites?"
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Desusi: 1:59pm On Sep 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

Who do you refer to as "hypocrites?"
My German Friend, who asked me to join him to give Thanks. I asked him,to whom do we give thanks? He said, nobody. Where is the place of God then?

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by OluKhayode: 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2022
One of the best way is to listen to a gospel song that will trigger you to pray
It works wonders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by SeriouslySense(m): 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2022
Just remember all God has done for you, you woke up this morning, for the air we breathe, for the food we eat, and for just existing, we did not create ourselves or give ourselves this Life. So just lift your hands n thanksgiving and joyful praise. smiley

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by MufasaLion: 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2022
Desusi:

My German Friend, who asked me to join him to give Thanks. I asked him,to whom do we give thanks? He said, nobody. Where is the place of God then?

He's living in a country with a working system. And if you're to think of it, you can grow crops and attribute it's germination, flowering and fruiting to science.

Him and his household are not hypocrites, they only told you the truth.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by SeriouslySense(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2022
Yes science is knowledge, and it helps to get knowledge and use it wisely for society. It makes sense, because it depends on observation and repeatable methodologies that yield consistent result. That's the benefit of wisdom!!!

I love ashiest, they sometimes seem very practical and sensible, but there comes a point where that may not be sufficient. And i cannot argue.
MufasaLion:

He's living in a country with a working system. And if you're to think of it, you can grow crops and attribute it's germination, flowering and fruiting to science.

Him and his household are not hypocrites, they only told you the truth.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Soglad(f): 2:23pm On Sep 25, 2022
God bless you for this post. We pray for grace and anointing to pray always.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by MufasaLion: 2:23pm On Sep 25, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Yes science is knowledge, and it helps to get knowledge and use it wisely for society. It makes sense, because it depends on observation and repeatable methodologies that yield consistent result. That's the benefit of wisdom!!!

I love ashiest, they sometimes seem very practical and sensible, but there comes a point where that may not be sufficient. And i cannot argue.

Well, I'm glad you agreed that about atheism and other non-religious beliefs. However, can you give me evidence to counter the fact that science is the reason behind the food we eat?
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by DollarBag: 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2022
Righteousness2:
Like op said, Irrespective of whether you feel like praying or not, Ensure you pray. Because the truth is if you are to go by feelings, you will scarcely pray.

Prayer is life. Prayer is an investment. Prayer is power. Almost everything that happens to us is as a result of Praying or not praying.

One of the ways to boost your prayer life, is to engage in Fasting. When you Fast you starve the Flesh, but you feed and boost the Spirit man. The truth is you cannot be Foodful and be prayerful.

In the place of Prayer, don't be selfish. Don't just focus Prayers on yourself. Pray for others. Pray for people you know and people you don't know. Pray for the salvation of souls. Pray for Nations and continents.
In the place of prayer, don't just be about physical needs, pray for spiritual gifts.

Most Important, Ensure your prayers are made in righteousness and Holiness. Because the Prayers of a sinner is an abomination to the Lord.

GOD give us Grace.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Hanndye: 2:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
God hears prayers, especially of the righteous.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by SeriouslySense(m): 2:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
I cannot prove that, but i understand that, the Universe was created to operate on certain laws and principles, and if God created, designed and gave the universe these principles, he is greater than these principles, this principles are the wisdom in creation, and therefore God can choose to work in ways that are above this wisdom of creation.

Therefore science has observed and proved, certain wisdom in nature, and its beneficial for our operation within this world. Yet, science does not have perfect knowledge and its not possible for science to have it.

Yet the designer himself can override what science knows, we only operate within the environment designed for our existence.
MufasaLion:

Well, I'm glad you agree that about atheism and other non-religious beliefs. However, can you give me evidence to counter the fact that science is the reason behind the food we eat?
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by MufasaLion: 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2022
SeriouslySense:
I cannot prove that, but i understand that, the Universe was created to operate on certain laws and principles, and if God created, designed and gave the universe this principles, he is greater than this principles, this principles are the wisdom in creation, and therefore God can choose to work in ways that are above this wisdom of creation.

There's still no evidence that the said universe was created by any deity.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Streetpriest1: 2:38pm On Sep 25, 2022
Interesting information
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by SeriouslySense(m): 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2022
Yes you are right. But even with our sophistication, we are no relevant in the Universe. From what science has found, we are nothing in the Universe, if the sun explodes, we are gone forever. If the earth stops rotating, we will be thrown away from its surface, if the earth moves a little away from the sun, we will all die. If an asteroids with sufficient mass should strike the world, we will all die.

We seem lucky to have existed this long on earth, and the solar system is designed in such a way that asteroids miss the earth a lot of time due to planets like Jupiter and even the moon, the moon is well placed to created the tides and other beneficial effects on the earth.

It seems there is an intelligent designers, with an infinite Mind who is behind our existence, the creation itself declares the glory of God.

Having the is knowledge is a double edge sword, it can be humbling and perhaps we will realize there is a God, or it may seem senseless and it may seem there is no God.

There are other aspect of science that even explains the Spiritual aspect of the realms, such as quantum physics, like particle entanglement. if you are familiar on it, it talks about particles, sharing the same behavior after some type of interaction (i cannot recall precisely) or particles sharing simultaneous states regardless of distance, this kind of science seem to only scratch the surface on the Spiritual realm.

MufasaLion:

There's still no evidence that the said universe was created by any deity.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by MufasaLion: 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Yes you are right. But even with our sophistication, we are no relevant in the Universe. From what science has found, we are nothing in the Universe, if the sun explodes, we are gone forever. If the earth stops rotating, we will be thrown away from its surface, if the earth moves a little away from the sun, we will all die. If an asteroids with sufficient mass should strike the world, we will all die.

We seem lucky to have existed this long on earth, and the solar system is designed in such a way that asteroids miss the earth a lot of time due to planets like Jupiter and even the moon, the moon is well placed to created the tides and other beneficial effects on the earth.

It seems there is an intelligent designers, with an infinite Mind who is behind our existence, the creation itself declares the glory of God.

Having the is knowledge is a double edge sword, it can be humbling and perhaps we will realize there is a God, or it may seem senseless and it may seem there is no God.

I believe more in science.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by SeriouslySense(m): 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2022
smiley smiley smiley That's for you, it does not add or subtract in what i believe. Personally its left for each one of Us, to choose in their heart what they believe in, i cannot impose anything on you. But i think quantum Physics, does scratch a little bit of the Spiritual aspect of the creator, or maybe on the realm of the other beings such as Angels, yet God may still supecede that realm and can override it. ( we do not Know God really as he is, if he is God, it will be impossible for Us to really know this kind of Being)

But the quantum physics, does explain a lot about spirituality, i think, so if you ask me why i believe in God, there is so many reason, since i believe i am just like an ant, even so irrelevant using the scale of the solar system then the universe, with a perception that is so limited, that i need another sensory like faith to comprehend what i cannot perceive.

MufasaLion:

I believe more in science.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Tgb1: 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2022
Ok
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by themanderon: 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2022
Whenever you don't feel like praying or anytime you want to pray a dsitratcion comes along know that something is wrong somewhere and the enemy does't want you to pray and cancel that evil. It has happened to me once.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Eaglesence: 4:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray

Start praying...

It's that simple.

That's all you have to do because you don't have to feel like praying before you start praying.

Remember the flesh is weak but the spirit is willing, and prayer is a spiritual exercise, so if you want to wait first until you feel like praying before you start praying, you may never start praying.

But you need to pray so you don't fall into temptation.

Matthew 26:41 (KJV)

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

So just start praying no matter how weak you feel, and let God who is Spirit to help you from there.

God bless.

Better still ask the Holy Spirit for help. He is our helper remember.. It works.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Jerewise332(m): 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2022
This thread has really made my evening

Thanks for the knowledge you shared
I really want to cultivate the habit of praying.

By the grace of God
I’ll also share my own testimony
Cheers

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Nebes: 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2022
HolyMan12:
Should we pray before and after sex with our spouses?

Just want to know.

Not only before and after but also during.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by HolyMan12: 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
Nebes:

Not only before and after but also during.
That clears the air why some girls always speak in tongues during the did grin
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by darediamond(m): 4:20am On Sep 26, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
It's normal not to feel like praying as prayer has been proven to be useless. The templeton Foundation - a group inclined to believe that prayer is effective - ran an experiment on the efficacy of prayer and concluded its useless

You would have the same success praying to a milk jug as you do praying to god -- the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed. See the problem here? If things turn out the way you want them to, you say it was because you prayed. If not, it's because god knows what's best and you didn't pray for the right thing. Or, if it happens 10 years later you say god answered your prayer , it was just delayed. Nonsense and ingredients.

When you don't feel like praying then it's your sense telling you prayer is a fruitless exercise. listen to your brain. it's what has kept you alive
But the True God is Real or His he Not?
I see you believe in Evolution. Or am I wrong?

Prayer is an act Of Worship anyways but who is your God??
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2022
Benjaminjoel65:
Some people say they stopped praying bcus they don't see changes even while they prayed. The bible says so people ask and receive not bcus they ask amiss. Praying amiss can be described as praying without scriptural backing, praying without faith but fear in your heart, praying without thanking God.

Even the Bible say for we don't knw how to pray but the Holy spirit intercede for us with groaning which can not be uttered.
So doing the necessary things as a believer, the Holy Spirit will assist us in our prayer life.
In John 14 vs 15 - 26 & John 15 vs 26 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 15, Jesus Christ explained that the following are instead what the Helper, the Spirit of Truth aka the Holy Spirit would carry out in relations to Him and His followers.

a. The Father will send the Spirit of Truth aka the Helper in the Name of Jesus Christ to those who live their lives in submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ.
b. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will teach the followers of Jesus Christ all things and bring to their remembrance all that Jesus Christ has taught.
c. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will bear witness about Jesus Christ to each of Jesus's own followers.
d. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will convict those who are in the world regarding sin, righteousness, and judgment in Jesus Christ.
e. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will guide each one of Jesus Christ's followers into all Truth for He will only speak of that which He hears of Jesus Christ and declare that which is to come concerning Jesus Christ(and His Kingdom)
f. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will glorify Jesus Christ, for He will take what belongs to Jesus Christ to declare to each of His followers
g. All that the Father has belongs to Jesus Christ and as such the Helper will teach to Jesus Christ's followers only that which is of Jesus Christ.
So, care to explain to us exactly what aspect of Jesus Christ's teachings regarding the Holy Spirit connects to that which you claim of the Holy Spirit there? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday / Mike Bamiloye: Many Ladies Move Around With Packaged Beauty / Killings: CAN Peaceful Protest In Kaduna In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.