Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray (22952 Views)

Praying But Not Believing / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by PoliteActivist: 12:38am On Sep 27, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
It's normal not to feel like praying as prayer has been proven to be useless. The templeton Foundation - a group inclined to believe that prayer is effective - ran an experiment on the efficacy of prayer and concluded its useless

You would have the same success praying to a milk jug as you do praying to god -- the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed. See the problem here? If things turn out the way you want them to, you say it was because you prayed. If not, it's because god knows what's best and you didn't pray for the right thing. Or, if it happens 10 years later you say god answered your prayer , it was just delayed. Nonsense and ingredients.

When you don't feel like praying then it's your sense telling you prayer is a fruitless exercise. listen to your brain. it's what has kept you alive

Well, when Lord Jesus healed someone he said "YOUR FAITH healed you". So clearly, prayer working is tied to faith. Lord Jesus DID NOT perform many miracles in his hometown because they knew him as a boy and a carpenter and therefore didn't believe.

The Templeton Foundation did NOT measure this. They only measured a third party praying for someone without taking the person's faith into account.
Also, contrary to your assertion, they are very scientific and are NOT inclined to believe that prayers work.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Kobojunkie: 1:56am On Apr 02, 2023
Jokerman:
Prayer is the key. Prayer is the master key
That is one of the grand lies of the religion of Christianity. God does not answer the prayer of sinners — He doesn't even answer their prayers of forgiveness either — meaning that so long as one remains a slave to sin, God is not going to answer one prayer. The prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to God meaning that unless one first gets rid of one's sin debt, one is bound to continue praying in vain, even if unto death. So how in the world can prayer be considered a Key when it cannot open a path to God for one? undecided
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Kobojunkie: 1:57am On Apr 02, 2023
Kentuforchrist:
Prayer is the key to success
That is a bloody delusional lie abeg! undecided

God does not answer the prayer of sinners — He doesn't even answer their prayers of forgiveness either — meaning that so long as one remains a slave to sin, God is not going to answer one prayer. The prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to God meaning that unless one first gets rid of one's sin debt, one is bound to continue praying in vain, even if unto death. If one can't clearly access God via prayer, how can prayer be a key? undecided
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by orisa37: 2:11am On Apr 02, 2023
THINK ABOUT IT.
Re: What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray by Kobojunkie: 2:31am On Apr 02, 2023
DominionGreat:
My prayer life is terrible.. I'll want to pray but it won't feel like praying and then i force myself to pray and while on it my mind begin to wonder far thinking other stuffs and I'll lost concentration...
I truly need help and grace
God does not answer the prayer of sinners — He doesn't even answer their prayers of forgiveness either — meaning that so long as one remains a slave to sin, God is not going to answer one prayer. The prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to God meaning that unless one first gets rid of one's sin debt, one is bound to continue praying in vain, even if unto death. So rather than invest your time in saying prayers that will not get you anywhere, invest your time instead in doing that which will benefit you the most which is to work to rid yourself of your sin debt and attain God's righteousness. undecided

Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday / Mike Bamiloye: Many Ladies Move Around With Packaged Beauty / Killings: CAN Peaceful Protest In Kaduna In Pictures