Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) (32714 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Red Line Rail Project (Photos And Videos) / CBN Team Inspects Lagos Red/Blue Line Projects / Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by rusher14: 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
989900:

Now you're scrambling . . . even Sanwo-Olu can't give a straight forward answer . . . that's what happens when transparency is absent; malfeasance is present.

I'm using your logic on you.

If you think all that you need is money for a project to be executed then you must be a juvenile.

HS2 in UK has been in the pipeline since 2010 and would not be delivered till 2033 at the earliest.

Grow up.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by 989900: 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
rusher14:

I'm using your logic on you.

If you think all that you need is money for a project to be executed then you must be a juvenile.

HS2 in UK has been in the pipeline since 2010 and would not be delivered till 2033 at the earliest.

Grow up.

You're still going around in circles.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by beelon1020(m): 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
A working governor... haters from the east come see one of many many disciples of BAT... una go learn work die..
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by amaridigital(m): 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
Alajiki:

I am glad you know the way of Yorubas. grin

Now, run along and advise your Nyanmuri people to be civil while they advertise Pitoobi.

We are only responding in equal measure.

Thank you guys. Please show them why Yoruba lagba as the campaign begins. Let's campaign with visible, undeniable projects initiated or completed by Tinubu or his sucessors who religiously follow his blueprint. Let them continue with their campaign of personal attack and lies. As much as they would like to rope in Tinubu for the good, bad and ugly of Buhari's Government, they have failed already because they spent the past seven years rejoicing how Tinubu was humiliated by Buhari and disgraced by his cabal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by Mandesz(m): 6:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hussein035:

There's no state in your region as better as Lagos, even your family members are in Lagos because of joblessness in your state yet you still can't see those who developed and maintain the state as good people.

Useless IPOB, pls go back to your state and stop coming to Lagos for jobs.
We're going back to the country we belong. A hungry man like u will fight 4 tinubu instead of fighting 4 yourself. Lagos belong to us cos our oil money was used for the state.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by phyzdot: 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
How far hit me up 081.59451028

victor9jaar:
Netflix premium account available.
unlimited premium subscription.
no expiry.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by Mandesz(m): 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
adedehinbo:
lol,who carry your oil money? So south west doesn't produce oil too?are you not proud of your state? Relocate now
Where is the oil? How many barely per day? Lagos oil drill on newspaper
Moreover your people are here doing fine bara
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by Larryton(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2022
How Tinubu designed Seven{7} rail lines for Lagos State.

By Tunji Bello

Oga Tony

I don’t dabble into various political duels going on on this platform as everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. But we must learn to seperate political hatred or propangada from facts.

Your response to Gov Sanwoolu’s interview was totally inaccurate and out of point particularly as relates to Tinubu.

Asiwaju Tinubu designed 7 rail lines for Lagos State in 2005 and I was a member of his cabinet as well as a member of the committee that designed it including the present Governor. First was a cabinet team sent to 3 South American countries that came back and we decided through modifications that Lagos needed part of what we saw.

Out of our committe came 7 rail lines out of which Fashola who succeeded him and a member of the team at that time started the Blue line. And Sanwoolu who was also a member of the team started the Red line. The Green line is for Lekki corridor all the way to Epe and Epe to connect the purple line to Ikorodu.

Ordinarily in other climes it is the Federal Government that is supposed to foot that rail responsibility for states. But no kobo has come from FG till today as our State has been bearing the brunt. Tinubu was unable to start the project as Obasanjo seized our Local Governments funds due to more LGS creation for almost two years and we had to provide for them.

Tinubu also started the Lekki-Epe Express way and I was in the negotiating team with the consortium that financed it. A senior Lawyer in this our estate was one of the Lawyers for the consortium. Setting up the toll gate was part of the ways to be able to pay back the funds raised by the consortium.
Just like when they claimed Tinubu owned Oriental Hotel and I laughed. My ministry gave the Hong Kong owner of the Steel Company in Ogba, ikeja and famous owner of former Golden Crown Chinese restaurant since 1970s the drainage clearance to build that hotel and when they were opening it they labeled the underground restaurant there after Tinubu and some have repeatedly said Tinubu owned it despite the owner’s repeated claim.

Tinubu created LASTMA to solve the chaotic traffic situation in Lagos which other states have copied and I was Editor of National Concord then with Kingsley Osadolor as Editor of the Guardian as members of the founding committee that made recommendation for setting it up in the year 2000.

Tinubu also initiated the BRT and the construction of BRT lanes . I remember when the lanes were ready in April 2007 going to meet Tinubu to let us commission it and he said to me that let us leave it for Fashola to kick start his administration.

*You see, you may not like Asiwaju and may not believe that any good can come from him, but you can not deny his purposeful leadership and neither can you deny his legacy. He is the most tolerant leader and has never looked back in accommodating other ethnic groups in his administration. He is not a perfect man and has his faults as well but you cannot deny him his right place in history.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by bestmutiu2019(m): 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2022
Triangles1:
The best state in Nigeria.
NO CAP
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by rusher14: 7:19pm On Aug 14, 2022
obi58:

You lie sir....

The Lagos metro line is the brainchild of Alhaji Lateef Jakande of blessed memory not BAT.

You don't need to sully your candidate's reputation with blatant lies.

Show us the blue print let's compare.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by Mandesz(m): 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
Modphase:
Is that why your pathetic foolish Igbo father as been hating on the state right from the time of Azikwe ?

I shouldn't bother myself with this hungry idiot
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by Mandesz(m): 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
ElSudani:

Partly because about 11 million Nigerians left their own states in the last decade to live in Lagos, putting enormous pressures on utilities and infrastructures.
Yes, the new light rail system was initiated by Tinubu as much as you would like to hear otherwise.
Population of Lagos is no where compare with Cairo in Egypt, Delhi India, and many more among developing countries like Nigeria.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by Mandesz(m): 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2022
streetsoldier1:

And who is stopping you and your folks from staying in your liveable potopoto land
No sense here; no reply
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by ElSudani: 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
Mandesz:

Population of Lagos is no where compare with Cairo in Egypt, Delhi India, and many more among developing countries like Nigeria.

Egypt is a desert with the population concentrating on the Nile delta for obvious reasons. India is the second most populous country in the world with almost a billion people.
Everywhere is livable in Nigeria, what then is driving the population to Lagos and the south-west in general?

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by ola1982(m): 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
Reinaldo:
Eeya..so that is how APC will just cease to exist in 2023. Obidients should we take it easy on them and let them still exist as small opposition party after 2023? cheesy

Who is this idiot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by Freethinker87: 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2022
ugoonuoha:

Thank you my brother. Most reasonable comment on this thread. I remember far back as 2009, my brother told me when I return to Nigeria by 2012...that the project would be done. This is 2022 and Lagos grinds to a stop every day. Reason why? No rail. Yet we are all hailing the "world-class" state. Even though it's been the same party since 1999 (Tinubu -> Fashola -> Ambode -> Sanwo-Olu). What have they done with all the revenues generated over the last 23yrs and still no rail?

Same story from Tinubu - Fashola - Ambode and now Sanwo-Olu. Here's Fashola in 2011 purchasing 20 Subway buses and sending them "on their way" to Lagos.

...11 years later, where are these Subway buses?

Anyway, I commend their propaganda machineries for selling us a white elephant project for 17 years and counting.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by ugoonuoha: 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by Freethinker87: 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2022
Horus:

The Ethiopian light rail project has been built in three years

They're deceiving themselves.

If I start analysising this light rail project and how it has grown by over 9X its original cost, you'll marvel at the level of corruption in Lagos state.

When we throw them out of Government next year, we'll review their books and ask those responsible how they've been spending our taxes.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by rusher14: 9:09pm On Aug 14, 2022
Freethinker87:

They're deceiving themselves.

If I start analysising this light rail project and how it has grown by over 13X of its original cost. You'll marvel at the level of corruption in Lagos state.

When we throw them out of Government next year, we'll review their books and ask those responsible how they've been spending our taxes.

No one is stopping you from revealing it.

What are you waiting for?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by ASAPFERG1: 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
Mandesz:

Where is the oil? How many barely per day? Lagos oil drill on newspaper
Moreover your people are here doing fine bara
naso your state useless reach? undecided
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by Viscuz: 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
naso your state useless reach? undecided

Munafuki

You no pray today mohammad will be pissed
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by ElSudani: 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
ugoonuoha:

Thank you my brother. Most reasonable comment on this thread. I remember far back as 2009, my brother told me when I return to Nigeria by 2012...that the project would be done. This is 2022 and Lagos grinds to a stop every day. Reason why? No rail. Yet we are all hailing the "world-class" state. Even though it's been the same party since 1999 (Tinubu -> Fashola -> Ambode -> Sanwo-Olu). What have they done with all the revenues generated over the last 23yrs and still no rail?

Does it even occur to you that you are comparing Ethiopia, a whole sovereign country of 115 million people with a state in Nigeria? You guys should think occasionally.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by ugoonuoha: 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2022
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by ElSudani: 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2022
ugoonuoha:

Lagos state is the 3rd largest economy in Africa. So the comparison is apt.

Lagos is the 3rd largest economy in Africa because of purposeful leadership by Tinubu and other governors after him. The rail system should have been the responsibility of the Federal government but Lagos is footing the bill in addition with being burdened by the daily influx of people on Ekenedili chukwu night bus.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by ugoonuoha: 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2022
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by Augustenite(m): 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2022
Mandesz:
If an armed robber, typical 419er is made a Lagos state govr he'll build reasonable projects.
Lagos is the 2nd most unlivable city in the world but these nuisances will come and hail Tinubu.

See mumu Aba boys dey comment untop Lagos. Your useless governor Ikpeazu never do any meaningful things for Abia for more than 7 years. If Lagos is the second most unlivable city in the world, why your brothers no go back to SE that's most livable in the world.nna mumu don do. After 2023, all we go dey hear is Lefledum or biafla.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by BentizilL: 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
Mandesz:
If an armed robber, typical 419er is made a Lagos state govr he'll build reasonable projects.
Lagos is the 2nd most unlivable city in the world but these nuisances will come and hail Tinubu.
Yet you and your people will sell your lands and family houses to have a taste of Lagos lives...
I hope you've good life and free yourself from unnecessary hatred...
Spits! undecided
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
ola1982:

Who is this idiot

You will always be ignorant
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by Mandesz(m): 5:34am On Aug 15, 2022
Augustenite:

See mumu Aba boys dey comment untop Lagos. Your useless governor Ikpeazu never do any meaningful things for Abia for more than 7 years. If Lagos is the second most unlivable city in the world, why your brothers no go back to SE that's most livable in the world.nna mumu don do. After 2023, all we go dey hear is Lefledum or biafla.

I laughed uncontrollably wen I read from a fool.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by Mandesz(m): 5:39am On Aug 15, 2022
BentizilL:

Yet you and your people will sell your lands and family houses to have a taste of Lagos lives...
I hope you've good life and free yourself from unnecessary hatred...
Spits! undecided
Nothing makes me laugh than a fool response. This is outright gibberish from a hungry ethnic mongering slowpoke
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by anonimi: 6:12am On Aug 15, 2022
zionstaar75:
its your hero Ambode that caused the delay. For 4 years he didn't touch d project instead he turned Lagos to smelly City. imagine if he had continued? The rail would have been ready like 3years ago but he's your hero because u lose your senses when tinubu is involved. I won't vote for him because of the Muslim vp only but he deserves all the credits he's getting .u people should go and hug transformer

Why do sufferhead people like making excuses for the failures of those accountable for their commonwealth? Is it just Stockholm syndrom affliction or there is more to it?
"Clueless" Jonathan built the Abuja-Kaduna railways in five years, in addition to the Abuja light rail and reviving the existing the railways.
Poverty-stricken Addis Ababa built their light rail in four years, as per the comment you quoted.
Jakande with comparative chicken change started the construction of a metro in 1983 before Tinubu's Abacha a-looter comrade cancelled it the following year.
So what is incompetent rogue Fashola and Thiefnuibu's excuse in 16 years of looting Lagosians silly?

Splashme:
The first civilian governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, on Tuesday, said that the cancellation of the Lagos metroline project in 1985 was a major mistake and disservice to many Nigerians.

Jakande spoke in Lagos during the launch of a book which chronicled his life in politics and journalism.

The book, entitled, ‘Jakande: Leadership in Action’ is written by Dr. Bola Olaosebikan, who told the audience at the event that the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), was not responsible for the cancellation of the project.

Jakande said, “Reflecting on the metroline project, I think it is a major disservice to many Nigerians. Imagine how many people would have benefitted. It would have made life easier and changed the face of transport in Lagos. Whoever cancelled it or gave the advice towards its cancellation didn’t do right.”

The former governor asked Nigerians not to vote for unserious leaders in the coming polls, saying the elections presented Nigerians with a good opportunity that should not be squandered.

Expressing the hope that Nigeria would soon overcome its developmental challenges, Jakande said hope would be actualised faster if credible people emerged as leaders in the next dispensation.

He said, “This book comes at a very auspicious time in Nigeria’s history as we need leaders who can act. We need leaders who would not compromise the standards of good governance. God has blessed this nation the most in Africa, although we have not reached where we should be; with the right leaders, Nigeria would overcome its challenges.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/cancelling-metroline-a-major-mistake-jakande/

anonimi:
TTC in talks to sell old trains to Lagos. Are they safe enough?
AUGUST 10, 2011

As Toronto trainspotters gleefully take maiden rides on the TTC's Rocket, commuters in Lagos, Nigeria may be about to get some new trains of their own. Our old ones.

A TTC spokesperson has confirmed that the commission is negotiating with a private group to sell up to 260 used train cars to the West African megacity's new transit project.

"I can confirm that the TTC is in discussion with a third party that wants to purchase trains for Lagos," said commission spokesperson Brad Ross. "Over a period of time, they will be taken out of service and then transported over to Nigeria."

The cars being considered for sale are the TTC's old H-5 and H-6 models, which will be decommissioned as the TTC rolls out its new fleet of Rockets. Ross predicts the earliest they could be shipped to Nigeria is sometime in 2012.

Traffic snarls are already a major economic problem in the Nigerian capital, a booming city that will reach an estimated population of 25 million by 2015. A new above-ground rail system designed to carry 1.5 million people a day has already broken ground, and Lagos Governor Babtunde Fashola has said it "will be the most multi-dimensional and most impactful" of the government's efforts to reduce traffic congestion.

Fashola visited Toronto earlier this year to inspect the TTC trains.

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars.

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

He also warned that while rail systems are glamorous as far as transit infrastructure goes, they are not always as effective at reducing congestion as other options. Nevertheless, new rail systems are frequently preferred because governments can take advantage of kickbacks from large contracts.

According to media reports, the cost estimates for the Lagos rail project have varied wildly from $1.2 billion to $30 billion. In 2010, a Nigerian government watchdog accused Fashola's government of widespread corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) by SIMONEKPA7: 8:33am On Aug 15, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aregbesola Bends To Greet Olubadan Adetunji During His Visit To Osun (Photos) / Fani-kayode Attacks Rochas Okorocha: "Ugly Old Toad, Pot Bellied-Glutton" / Labour Party Changes Imo State Gubernatorial Form To ₦‎15 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.