Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers (31548 Views)

Folake Falana Writes Letter To Sanwo Olu; Demands List Of Dismissed Officers / Bode George On Okada Ban: Sanwo-olu Acting Like Someone From Stone Age / Police Reply Senate: Why Turn Back Igp’s Representatives If You’re Worried About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Lanretoye(m): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2022
Who is this foolish woman self,so she is the one to dictate the code of conduct to the police.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2022
This police extortionists don't work alone.
The dpo's whom the bribe-taking constables remit returns to are never punished.

1 Like

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by saxietohgbaskie(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2022
Who can tell me how I can create a thread here on NL
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by highbee02: 11:34am On Aug 15, 2022
I'm with the NPF on this, there are many criminals in the force.

So, the spokesman read physics to have quoted Sir Isaac Newton, we want BRAIN like this in the force and not rogues, secondary School drop outs, who only have the previledge to be enlisted in the force.

Just last week, a policeman was hit by a driver who ran away, the remaining members of the team were defaulted (put in the cell) because they were not sent/posted to where the accident occured, they went their for extortion. The guy is in A/E unit with two legs broken.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by jditimiya(m): 11:35am On Aug 15, 2022
Nigerians we no dey bellyful, we much complain for anything even good or bad, we just want our voices to be heard.

1 Like

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by anthonyweah: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2022
Very perfect answer there, more kudus to our IG. Shan can even employ them if she think there good.

Maxymilliano:

https://www.facebook.com/161915460542267/posts/pfbid02NVjphRC9vZ8GftumBrVs62ZraZzQ9gQuDMWtzubRMX9QeUspWBapKkqcXRjZ8ozkl/
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2022
Maxymilliano:

I expect the NPF to have a better way of handling this situation than dismissal please.

When they handle you, you will come back and modify this statement. Policemen don hit me gun head before on nothin wey no even concern me at all at all and them. Just a misunderstanding and identity.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by rusher14: 11:37am On Aug 15, 2022
GoooodHardDick:
More reason why Nigeria needs Obi.

Peter Obi for president 2023

1 Like

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Arcbox(m): 11:38am On Aug 15, 2022
I don't understand what's wrong with is as a people. You think everything that happens, can be taken as social media sentiment or joke. If a police man manhandle or misbehave and the police authority did not act, it's a problem of insult from the public. Now the police is acting to punish officers found wanting. People like shan G are now complaining...just tired of naija..our over sabi is too much!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by jice(m): 11:38am On Aug 15, 2022
So long as their crimes are worth dismissal why should they not be made to go where they belonged. Some of them are supposed to be sent to jail after dismissal.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Arcbox(m): 11:38am On Aug 15, 2022
I don't understand what's wrong with us as a people. You think everything that happens, can be taken as social media sentiment or joke. If a police man manhandle or misbehave and the police authority did not act, it's a problem of insult from the public. Now the police is acting to punish officers found wanting. People like shan G are now complaining...just tired of naija..our over sabi is too much!

1 Like

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by anthonyweah: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2022
I have been a member of this forum for more than 10 years, why is it that you never post my reactions whenever I reacted to issues here

anthonyweah:
Very perfect answer there, more kudus to our IG. Shan can even employ them if she think there good.

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by mysticwarrior(m): 11:39am On Aug 15, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
grin
Don't just dismiss them!
They committed a crime and should be sent to the prison. Releasing them back to the street will only empower them to become hardened criminals.
and sending them to prison would make them become more vicious criminals.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by azpekuliar: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2022
princeSammyz:
I agree with Shan on this. Outright dismissal isn't the best option. Demote, and apply other sanctions

I disagree with you. Blood was shed at the Lekki Toll gate for this. People died for police reforms. The very least the police can do to bolster public confidence is to show that acts of corruption and indiscipline will no longer have any place in the police force. The best way is outright (and publicly verifiable) dismal from the service.

1 Like

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by OMEGA009(m): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2022
She actually makes a point. A dismissed policeman is one step from being an armed robber who knows the workings of his former colleagues. Remember the Kwara Bank Robbery? Their leader was a dismissed policeman.

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Drbarmes(m): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2022
princeSammyz:
I agree with Shan on this. Outright dismissal isn't the best option. Demote, and apply other sanctions
Dismissal is not even enough, such officers should be jailed.

1 Like

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by bmdmix21: 11:44am On Aug 15, 2022
Realmi:
grin, I like this woman that year sha...
You are dismissing someone who knows much about the police force,
someone who knows how to handle guns,
Someone who has handled guns
Someone who I am very sure knows where to buy guns....and u want the country to be safe That is such an expensive joke...

All this police station radings I am very sure are been carried out or been supported by insiders.....God will heal the country

U simply trying to say cause they know how to handle weapon they should b recycling them in lower position?

1 Like

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Oju4190: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2022
princeSammyz:
Npf does not just dismiss like that.....Maybe the officer has been given last warning. You cannot be given last warning twice. b4 he is been dismiss maybe he service file don full with bad records.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Saviourk: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
grin
Don't just dismiss them!
They committed a crime and should be sent to the prison. Releasing them back to the street will only empower them to become hardened criminals.
you're right.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Saviourk: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2022
[quote author=OSUigboFlatHead post=115722434] grin
Don't just dismiss them!
They committed a crime and should be sent to the prison. Releasing them back to the street will only empower them to become hardened criminals.[/quote] you're right.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Lexicon123: 11:47am On Aug 15, 2022
I think Shan made a very valid point but the police has misconstrued her point in a bid to justify its actions. Of course some offences require outright dismissal, but what is the force doing to forestall the erstwhile officers becoming some menace to the society? That needs to be addressed.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by tsdarkside(m): 11:47am On Aug 15, 2022
people like her,like the way things are in nigeria....
they have the money to bribe themselves through situations....

nigerias problem is nigerians themselves....
look how she talks....
if she was poor like many others,she wouldnt say this....
oga and madam mentality....
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by CrateofBeer: 11:48am On Aug 15, 2022
Shan should go and employ them. It Is that simple
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Sleekfingers: 11:48am On Aug 15, 2022
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Allisgud: 11:49am On Aug 15, 2022
Dismiss is okay abeg,even if they have serve many years,we are the one complaining about police misconduct and harassment on innocent citizen,now that they are giving solution u are still nagging
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by victorazy(m): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2022
For his mind he made sense now!

They are not fit to be police BUT you recruited them after many years.

When they turn to armed rubbers now.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by tsdarkside(m): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2022
CrateofBeer:
Shan should go and employ them. It Is that simple

tell her to stfu....

1 Like

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by MrALIVE: 11:50am On Aug 15, 2022
princeSammyz:
when they also kill people they shouldn't also be dismissed...Rubbish!!!!!
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Sleekfingers: 11:50am On Aug 15, 2022
OMEGA009:
She actually makes a point. A dismissed policeman is one step from being an armed robber who knows the workings of his former colleagues. Remember the Kwara Bank Robbery? Their leader was a dismissed policeman.

So they should leave them in the system abi?
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by latolz: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Those police people never do dis one something

Omo see quote
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by tsdarkside(m): 11:52am On Aug 15, 2022
MrALIVE:
when they also kill people they shouldn't also be dismissed...Rubbish!!!!!

everybody should film everything what police people are doing....

i dont care if they sack all of them....then we import police people from ghana....
nonesense....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hundreds Killed As Chad Forces Seize Northeast Nigerian Town - YAHOO NEWS / Olusegun Obasanjo Visits Benue State (Photos) / We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.