Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers (31552 Views)

Folake Falana Writes Letter To Sanwo Olu; Demands List Of Dismissed Officers / Bode George On Okada Ban: Sanwo-olu Acting Like Someone From Stone Age / Police Reply Senate: Why Turn Back Igp’s Representatives If You’re Worried About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Lezzlie(m): 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://www.facebook.com/161915460542267/posts/pfbid02NVjphRC9vZ8GftumBrVs62ZraZzQ9gQuDMWtzubRMX9QeUspWBapKkqcXRjZ8ozkl/
Celebrities have a serious problem the world over.

In their quest to be relevant and seek cheap publicity, they make a complete fool of themselves like this idiot called Shan George.

Doesn't the bastard know that police are held to the highest standards in society?

The level of trust and power given to them is commensurate with the level of accountability they should be held? They shouldn't only be dismissed but should face jail time as well.

What an attention seeking irrelevant has-been idiot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by maasoap(m): 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2022
7arrows:

Have u forgotten that the entire police force is corrupt? Or rather 90%. So what will u say about this? Sack them all?

That's not an excuse to retain them within the force. Sacking them is beneficial to you, me, society and the police force.
They were caught on camera, the rest hasn't been caught.
The rest might learn and sit tight because they know that they will meet the same fate if caught.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by laughitall(m): 12:47pm On Aug 15, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Unfortunately they didn't even get the point the lady was trying to make. I believe she is concerned about security and the society at large. Most of the dismissed officers vent their anger on the rest of the society, committing heinous crimes!!

I expect the NPF to have a better way of handling this situation than dismissal please.
they should commit heinous crime .. they will face heinous punishment
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Crusadee: 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
grin
Don't just dismiss them!
They committed a crime and should be sent to the prison. Releasing them back to the street will only empower them to become hardened criminals.
exactly
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by newnigerdelta00: 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2022
princeSammyz:
I agree with Shan on this. Outright dismissal isn't the best option. Demote, and apply other sanctions

Why you nor say make they demote endsar s police officers why end sars, owner nor know wetin owner want
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by greatermax77(m): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2022
NotKnown:
She think say na Nollywood we de act for here?

The police men here are real o. They commit the offenses for real and not acting like you people do on the screen.

They carry real guns and intimidate people for real.
If they pull that trigger it's going to be a real death and not costume death.

If you demote and reduce their salary and still give them guns to stand on the road, this time the frustration will be x100 and he will become a trigger happy cop.

If every police officer should go on dismissal over every misconduct, then it shows , there's leadership inefficiency in the NPF!
Most of the people dismissed are always the junior Cader, but we all know that most of the senior officers are the bad hen that lay the bad eggs, moreso, what happens to the IGP, Chairman Police service commission and others who oversees fragrant diversions, deductions and non payment of police salaries and allowances. They are the real criminals that need to be sacked!
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by olisaEze(m): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
Just wake up in the morning, open ur mouth and waawaaaa! You don’t want bad eggs in the police. Well, they sacked 'em and u still have a problem with that? What’s ur problem?? What’s with all diz back n forth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by lovinagbad: 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
princeSammyz:
I agree with Shan on this. Outright dismissal isn't the best option. Demote, and apply other sanctions
Only God knows what Nigerian wants, Someone was dismissed for abusing his office you are complaining, If the police authority did not dismissed him, you will complain. So which way.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Emperor88(m): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Unfortunately they didn't even get the point the lady was trying to make. I believe she is concerned about security and the society at large. Most of the dismissed officers vent their anger on the rest of the society, committing heinous crimes!!

I expect the NPF to have a better way of handling this situation than dismissal please.

Coming from people shouting endsars... Nigerians are the most confused set of people.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by maths1000: 1:31pm On Aug 15, 2022
Nigerians are very useless and hard to please.... You all wanted dismissal
. Now u have ut.. You complain that its not good...
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by 27Pushing30: 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2022
Realmi:
grin, I like this woman that year sha...
You are dismissing someone who knows much about the police force,
someone who knows how to handle guns,
Someone who has handled guns
Someone who I am very sure knows where to buy guns....and u want the country to be safe That is such an expensive joke...

All this police station radings I am very sure are been carried out or been supported by insiders.....God will heal the country

go school una no go school

learn to read... no una no gree.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by BabaAduras: 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2022
princeSammyz:

A criminal mind will always be a criminal mind. So which one is better? A criminal in Police Uniform and all the authority or a criminal out of uniform to cover his activities?
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by azikiweironsi(m): 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
Arcbox:
I don't understand what's wrong with is as a people. You think everything that happens, can be taken as social media sentiment or joke. If a police man manhandle or misbehave and the police authority did not act, it's a problem of insult from the public. Now the police is acting to punish officers found wanting. People like shan G are now complaining...just tired of naija..our over sabi is too much!

Honestly, I don't know what else we want. Police authority acted we complained, if otherwise we will still complain what an irony.
Police that has bartered their image to the public. Receiving bribes with reckless abandonment.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Omoslim26: 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2022
This is actually a two way problem.
Keep them in the force,they bring more rot to the system.
Throw them out they use the little training they have received to become a big problem to the Society.
God Jehovah Jireh who do Nija dis kind thing undecided
We will continue to have security problems bcus a good percentage of people who enroll do so for the primary sake of survive and not for service.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by goshen26: 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
As aunty no popular again she just want talk.

How many children born between 2010 and now know her, so she wanna talk
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by DOnlooker(m): 2:16pm On Aug 15, 2022
Some Nigerians sha. In those days when police brutality was rife, we were crying and nobody seemed to listen, now the police authorities are doing the right thing and some people are still criticising them.
A few years back. Police will stop u at a checkpoint. slap you for asking why you were stopped, smash your phone and laptop on the ground, seize your vehicle papers and still tell you to your face that you can't do nothing and nobody can do nothing to him.
Today, the story is changing and some people want to defend erring officers.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by deebrownneymar: 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2022
Quite apt response from the NPF albeit I get Shan’s sentiments
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Neddyogu(m): 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
How do u demote a constable? To what rank would u demote him? How do u demote the lowest of the low? Even if u say loss of pay, how much was the original salary to start with? A bad cop with a reduced pay would only become a worse cop. If the dismissal makes him turn to crime, they will treat him like they did that Michael guy that did that Offa bank robbery back then. Dismiss the motherfucker!!
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by nerdjared: 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
7arrows:

Shawn is right. Those guys have families. If u continue to dismiss them then in a short while we will have no one in the police force. As we all know they are all corrupt.

what kind of mindset is this fgs. If you don't want to be dismissed then obey the rule of service simple
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Thereishel: 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2022
princeSammyz:

If you are a victim of police brutality you won't say that. So those police who kill too should not be dismissed and tried. It would be encourage criminalities among police.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Thereishel: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
If you are a victim of police brutality you won't say that. So those police who kill too should not be dismissed and tried. It would encourage criminalities among police
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Psoul(m): 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2022
So many people here have weak brains. They are too emotional and can never make good leaders with such level of reasoning.

If you are still criticizing the Police Force after this their response, them you're supposed to be pitied. Read the last paragraph of that police response.
The dismissed officer may have been warned and cautioned severally and may have failed to change hence such a disciplinary action.

If this same officer is demoted or his salary slashed and eventually in the future, he pulls a trigger on the head of an innocent citizen, the this same youth will start protesting asking police why he was not dismissed when they noticed the repeated bad behaviour.

Some are saying that he may join bad guys and become a terror in the society.
See, if he can do that, know it that he can also do it while in the Force. So it's better he's fighting from outside than fighting from within.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by tsdarkside(m): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2022
UptownVibes:
I pray such person doesn't harm you or someone close to you,before he is caught and treated like an armed robber..

i dont understand what you are tryin to say....
are you sayin,you rather keep criminals before they rob you....??

they are already robbin you now demandin bribes....!!
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by PharmacyStore: 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2022
They should be dismissed and tried in a court of law
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by anonym0us: 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2022
princeSammyz:
are you normal?
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Hohaiiiode(m): 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2022
princeSammyz:
why are you people like this for Christ sake. So someone who might turn to a criminal if dismissed should be left in the force to hide under the cover of been a police to perpetuate more Heinous acts, just because you are scared of what might happen. You guys are not just smart. Una d think and reason like typical unlearned fellows.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by udomma1005(m): 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2022
NwekereNdoki:
It's supprising that Shan George said what she said.
But she said nothing but the truth!
The high incidence of wire fraud is as a result of sacking Bank personnel at will, not withstanding the kind of data they have at their disposal when they were mandated by their employers to take "jobs home over the weekend". Those laid off now give out such info to this boys with Dada for a commission. Policemen trained on weapon handling ought to be jailed for grievous offences or converted to firemen where they don't have access to firearms or frequent contact with members of the public, where the offense is less grievous. Remember the case of Osama bin laddy, he was trained by the FBI and later dumped, the rest of the story that you, is what we want to avoid!

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Hohaiiiode(m): 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2022
Maxymilliano:

this una yeye wisdom no go finish una. Which point please! We just keep thinking like our parents. Chai! What point for Christ sake. To keep a police beating another with machet in the force? This people hold the life of the people in their hand and only sane people should be given this privilege. He have the chance of organizing and carrying out criminal act when he is in the force . Now dismissed the privileges are gone. It is not easy to do so, fear fear people. Some of this criminal activities have the backing of this bad eggs in the force, let them be weeded out please
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Hohaiiiode(m): 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2022
NwekereNdoki:
It's supprising that Shan George said what she said.
because you reason like a child
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Hohaiiiode(m): 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2022
topoftheworld:
She has a point though but can those set of people ever change?
which yeye point! This have been so bad that you see reason with a police man dismissed for beating a fellow human with a machete. Extort hustling innocent citizen. You are not normal . This forgiveness yeye ly is why we are where we are as a people . Una no serious
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by topoftheworld(m): 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hohaiiiode:
which yeye point! This have been so bad that you see reason with a police man dismissed for beating a fellow human with a machete. Extort hustling innocent citizen. You are not normal . This forgiveness yeye ly is why we are where we are as a people . Una no serious

That shouldn't be a reason to insult me bro bcus everybody is entitled to his opinion.

Most dismissed Nigerian Police we know end up becoming criminal leaders in the society causing alot of mayham to people lives, that's my reason of partial support to her point
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Hohaiiiode(m): 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
topoftheworld:

That shouldn't be a reason to insult me bro bcus everybody is entitled to his opinion.

Most dismissed Nigerian Police we know end up becoming criminal leaders in the society causing alot of mayham to people lives, that's my reason of partial support to her point
i am glad at this point , the police force is not buying this opinion, there is no better way to restore some decency to the force by dismissing the bad eggs. Nigeria is a nation of over 200 million people we are not short of replacement for dismissed officers. We should never be soft on melting out proper disciplinary action because of a few who think they will turn criminals. Sorry for the insult

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Governors Storm Ekiti For Fayose's Project / Why Fulani Herdsmen Kill - Ango Abdullahi Says / Open Grazing: Herders Banned From South Should Return To Kano – Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.