Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers (31554 Views)

Folake Falana Writes Letter To Sanwo Olu; Demands List Of Dismissed Officers / Bode George On Okada Ban: Sanwo-olu Acting Like Someone From Stone Age / Police Reply Senate: Why Turn Back Igp’s Representatives If You’re Worried About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Kingspin(m): 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2022
Yeye police force
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by stuffs4me(m): 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
the same police fired shots in aso villa in an ego clash somewhere in 2020...is that not a misconduct?

where was d npf 2020 ACT?
How many officers where dismissed?

Bring your proof and see if it would not be handled appropriately.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by GistFullGround: 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2022
princeSammyz:
I agree with Shan on this. Outright dismissal isn't the best option. Demote, and apply other sanctions

It's because the stupid police has not dealt with you both on or off the road. HEARTLESS INDIVIDUALS!

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Qwi1: 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
Oh
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by topoftheworld(m): 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hohaiiiode:
i am glad at this point , the police force is not buying this opinion, there is no better way to restore some decency to the force by dismissing the bad eggs. Nigeria is a nation of over 200 million people we are not short of replacement for dismissed officers. We should never be soft on melting out proper disciplinary action because of a few who think they will turn criminals. Sorry for the insult

I understand ur points boss.
Thanks for ur understanding
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by CoolAmbience(m): 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2022
princeSammyz:
I agree with Shan on this. Outright dismissal isn't the best option. Demote, and apply other sanctions

Oyes member!

Shan has said nothing.

She made no sense.

Do police officers get dismissed for just any offence?

Haven't we seen some being demoted or sanctioned in other ways?

Whether it is dismissal, salary reduction, demotion etc, is a function of the enormity of the offence.

Abeg, Shan just wan use police catch cruise before....but e no work.

Police fall her hand with smart clapback.

Make she rest abeg.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2022
NotKnown:
She think say na Nollywood we de act for here?

The police men here are real o. They commit the offenses for real and not acting like you people do on the screen.

They carry real guns and intimidate people for real.
If they pull that trigger it's going to be a real death and not costume death.

If you demote and reduce their salary and still give them guns to stand on the road, this time the frustration will be x100 and he will become a trigger happy cop.
In as much as you might have some valid points, she does too.

According to the police rep, they are criminals cos' they committed real crimes and broke the laws that they swore to and are trained to protect.

According to the same law, the police are trained to arrest and charge criminals. Isn't it? Dismissing them after arming them with enough knowledge to commit worse crimes is all lethal

She may have worded it slightly inappropriately by asking for their retention. I get her cos' her worry is about releasing them into the streets.
What she should have asked is for them to be in detention and then, rehab after doing their time.

To your point, if they have to be retained, they may be relegated to menial or laborious tasks in which arms are not essentially afforded them. The police force have document controls, logistics, asset or fleet maintenance, trainers that are supplied to external establishments, community outreach programmes, sports, educational or agricultural departments etc.

Just allowing them into the streets without due recompense for their wrongdoing is surely against those acts or legislation that the police rep was quoting. He too hasn't read those cos' he sure shoulda seen the penal codes that align with misconducts. I can put my canine on a bet that dismissal is not the only punitive measure for a crime that amounts to the pedigree of dismissal.
Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by 7arrows: 10:20am On Aug 16, 2022
maasoap:

That's not an excuse to retain them within the force. Sacking them is beneficial to you, me, society and the police force.
They were caught on camera, the rest hasn't been caught.
The rest might learn and sit tight because they know that they will meet the same fate if caught.

U made a point

1 Like

Re: Police Reply Shan George On Dismissed Officers by Coldie(m): 10:47am On Aug 16, 2022
CoolAmbience:

Oyes member!

Shan has said nothing.

She made no sense.

Do police officers get dismissed for just any offence?

Haven't we seen some being demoted or sanctioned in other ways?

Whether it is dismissal, salary reduction, demotion etc, is a function of the enormity of the offence.

Abeg, Shan just wan use police catch cruise before....but e no work.

Police fall her hand with smart clapback.

Make she rest abeg.

Imagine not dismissing them, do u know what they will do to the guys that made them demote them if they find them again?
Or what they would do to other citizens who video them?

Dismissal is right, at least if they want to do any rubbish or revenge it will be as civilians, let’s see that power they think they have.

U go see policeman way if not for gun or uniform u for best am wotowoto, go dae abuse u with confidence.

A lot of us if not for those things both police, swat, army, efcc, soldier for dae behave themselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau / Mother Of Impregnated FGC Yauri Female Student Dies From Stroke… / Peter Obi And Datti Baba-Ahmed ChannelsTV Interview (Live)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.