Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! (4617 Views)

Breaking News!! Igbos And Port Harcourt. / How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria / Breaking News! Igbos In Lagos Resolve To Vote En Mass. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

To sincere with you I have met hausa, igbo, kanuri, Efik, Ibibio, Tiv people etc but I have never seen a single ijaw person before, lol
Ijaw maybe the smallest tribe in Nigeria

I have never met with Ijaw

I have had contacts with Ikwerre (ndi kwerre)

From childhood, I lived with ibibio, and efik, hausa is visible everywhere, Yoruba too. This ones are my neighbors but I have never seen them before, I only read about Ijaw as one of the tribes in naijuria
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2022
purafapi:

I am not an Ijaw. However, our people also have massive hydrocarbon reserve. Our people are working hard to take control of our resources, however, the Ijaws are not doing same. Looks like the fear of their Igbo compatriots made them to lose the sense of mortal danger that lurks around them.

This fear led adaka boro to his disgrace. This fear is transgenerational, yet, the people they fear are good neighbors who do not care about another person but mind their business

Anambra just received their first allocation as an oil producing state.

Let them keep the fear till the oil is totally drained then their eyes will clear same day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2022
purafapi:

Its possible he is not. A problem that is properly defined can be easily tackled. The concern of everyone, especially Ijaws who have suffered massive cheating together with environmental destruction ought to know better.

You are the problem of yourselves

Your people are made ministers of ND, they (your elders both home and in the ministry) jointly have deprived you of the benefits that accrues from your natural resource

Environmental destruction is one of the major reasons for their appointments to head the ministry, what have they done?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by purafapi: 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2022
Veggieseedies:

You are the problem of yourselves

Your people are made ministers of ND, they (your elders both home and in the ministry) jointly have deprived you of the benefits that accrues from your natural resource

Environmental destruction is one of the major reasons for their appointments to head the ministry, what have they done?

If these ministers were under an Ijaw sovereign government, they will be dealt with. The part of the country that impoverished their land takes the worst among them to be ministers. I will never blame the Ijaws for these. However, I am surprise that they are channeling their grievance to Ndigbo who wish them well. The Fulanis does not love them, though it looks like they love the Fulanis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Tunjibalogun: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2022
Veggieseedies:

From childhood, I lived with ibibio, and efik, hausa is visible everywhere, Yoruba too. This ones are my neighbors but I have never seen them before, I only read about Ijaw as one of the tribes in naijuria
Lol and they still tell us its the 4th largest ethnic group. Ijaw is an online tribe grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 15, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Lol and they still tell us its the 4th largest ethnic group. Ijaw is an online tribe grin cheesy

Plus Paper tribe

Infact BOOK tribe
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by purafapi: 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2022
The Ijaws are 4m.
I wish they could align with Ndigbo to get their independence. Then form a confederation were everyone is independent and manages her own resources.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2022
purafapi:

If these ministers were under an Ijaw sovereign government, they will be dealt with. The part of the country that impoverished their land takes the worst among them to be ministers. I will never blame the Ijaws for these. However, I am surprise that they are channeling their grievance to Ndigbo who wish them well. The Fulanis does not love them, though it looks like they love the Fulanis.

They should continue to swim in this ocean of mediocrity then. All hail Ijaw (in mediocrity)

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2022
purafapi:
The Ijaws are 4m.
I wish they could align with Ndigbo to get their independence. Then form a confederation were everyone is independent and manages her own resources.

No one will stab me twice

This is why they "fear". It is inert in them already and when you present this ideology, that inert fear will materialize in their dealings.

The fear of Igbo advancements, population (which they don't use as a dominating factor though), Igbo willpower, etc

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 15, 2022
Even those on nysc, I have never met any ijaw Corp member. Please is there anything like Ijaw tribe for real?
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2022
The op of the thread don abandon am after reading the obvious
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by blingxx(m): 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
It's 2022 and the country is on the pick of breaking apart , all these fools are still dragging "which tribe better pass" .. angry undecided blackman is dumb

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2022
You should just be praying for these two mammoth-sized giant pipes not to be successfully coupled together.

You no understand?

If they are joined, your backyard oyel gets drained in seconds

I suppose you have seen the small tap that water rushes out from, without much pressure, the intensity of the rush?

Then think about this pipe, with "much needed" pressure to suck it faster (with wickedness to dry up faster), the intensity and force of the rush. Your oil will soon finish and we may start seeing Ijaw. As beggers on the streets thou

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Tegabadguy(m): 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ijoh:

First and foremost, Ijaw is as large as Igbo both in area and in population.
So many people you call Igbos are actually Ijaws.

The statement that Igbos are the richest tribe in Nigeria is false.
The world � judge richest people by how many people are living below poverty level.
Ijaw is the richest tribe in Nigeria ��.

All over Ariaria Aba, Ogui Road Enugu, Main Market Onitsha, Upper Iweka, Onitsha, Main Park Aba, etc, Igbo beggers with plates everywhere

but you will never ever see not even one Ijaw that beg with plates on the streets not even in the 2,500 Ijaw villages and settlements and the 88 Clans.
igbo get money before ......dem no get clean money grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by purafapi: 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2022
Veggieseedies:

No one will stab me twice

This is why they "fear". It is inert in them already and when you present this ideology, that inert fear will materialize in their dealings.

The fear of Igbo advancements, population (which they don't use as a dominating factor though), Igbo willpower, etc

I dont think its fear of Igbo advancements. They basically misjudged the Fulanis when they aligned with them in the 60s.

Even if it is fear, there is nothing to worry. In fact, aligning with a progressive Nation like Ndigbo will positively rub off on them. I see a great Fishing industry delevop in Ijaw land. I see Ndigbo and Ijaws building indegenous Fishing Vesels and the largest fish processing facility in West Africa. This can only happen in an environment where the people are forward thinking.
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2022
purafapi:

I dont think its fear of Igbo advancements. They basically misjudged the Fulanis when they aligned with them in the 60s.

Even if it is fear, there is nothing to worry. In fact, aligning with a progressive Nation like Ndigbo will positively rub off on them. I see a great Fishing industry delevop in Ijaw land. I see Ndigbo and Ijaws building indegenous Fishing Vesels and the largest fish processing facility in West Africa. This can only happen in an environment where the people are forward thinking.

There is nothing like Ijaw tribe. I have never seen one
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by udede(m): 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2022
Op abeg ,na wetin be ijaw ?
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by 666Advocate: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2022
666Advocate:

Ijaws are in six states.
If you have met Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom person youve met Ijaw

They introduce themselves with the states.
All Ijaw areas share perfect boundaries with each other its just unfair state balkanizations in other to weaken Ijaw unity but still we dont beg.
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by 666Advocate: 5:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
Igbos are not larger than Ijaw in population its true.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2022
Veggieseedies:

Nde ikwerre.
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Veggieseedies:
Even those on nysc, I have never met any ijaw Corp member. Please is there anything like Ijaw tribe for real?

Honestly outside south south its hard to find them.
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

Nde ikwerre.

I said ndi nke kwerre

Asin

Qs: Ikwerre na ibu onye Igbo
Ans: Ee, E kwere m

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by 666Advocate: 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

They dont introduce themselves with tribe they do it by state.
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by 666Advocate: 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ijaws are in six states.
If you have met Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom person youve met Ijaw

They introduce themselves with the states.
All Ijaw areas share perfect boundaries with each other its just unfair state balkanizations in other to weaken Ijaw unity but still we dont beg.
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
Veggieseedies:

I said ndi nke kwerre
Asin
Qs: Ikwerre na ibu onye Igbo Ans: Ee, E kwere m
What is this rubish angry
Translate the the answer part to english.
I find this coment highly offensive.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

What is this rubish angry

Translate the the answer part to english.

I find this coment highly offensive.
Translate what?

It is self comprehensible

However, reread your jargon
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by SenatePresdo(m): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
666Advocate:
Proudly Ijaw, fully Atikulated.

It just occurred to me that I've never met an Ijaw person in my over two Decades of existing.
And they are meant to be top 10 most populated tribe in Nigeria? I seriously doubt

I've met Efik, ibibio, ogoja, idoma, Tiv, jukun, igala more than once.

It simply means they are more populated than you guys.

Which could be the reason you won't find beggers easily amongst you guys.
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
Veggieseedies:

Translate what?

It is self comprehensible

However, reread your jargon

See young boy stop trying to rewrite a history you know nothing about.

Their is no such word as kwerem like you claimed.

Unlike igbo language

We dont use kwere as agree, we say kwerule.

And we dont use the word e kwere m for we agree instead we use e kwerulem.

Their is no need for all this long talk.

I only corrected you.

It's not ndi kwerre it's nde ikwerre.

Anything wey you talk again na you sabi.
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

See young boy stop trying to rewrite a history you know nothing about.

Their is no such word as kwerem like you claimed.

Unlike igbo language

We dont use kwere as agree, we say kwerule.

And we dont use the word e kwere m for we agree instead we use e kwerulem.

Their is no need for all this long talk.

I only corrected you.

It's not ndi kwerre it's nde ikwerre.

Anything wey you talk again na you sabi.

I find your first statement slightly offensive.

However, I believe you know the difference between Olu Ndi and Igbo Izugbe

Double tongue

Patrioticbreed9:

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2022
Veggieseedies:

I find your first statement slightly offensive.
However, I believe you know the difference between Olu Ndi and Igbo Izugbe
Double tongue
Honestly i don't.
Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Kingnelson9: 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ijoh:

First and foremost, Ijaw is as large as Igbo both in area and in population.
So many people you call Igbos are actually Ijaws.

The statement that Igbos are the richest tribe in Nigeria is false.
The world � judge richest people by how many people are living below poverty level.
Ijaw is the richest tribe in Nigeria ��.

All over Ariaria Aba, Ogui Road Enugu, Main Market Onitsha, Upper Iweka, Onitsha, Main Park Aba, etc, Igbo beggers with plates everywhere

but you will never ever see not even one Ijaw that beg with plates on the streets not even in the 2,500 Ijaw villages and settlements and the 88 Clans.

Ijaws are mostly touts and hudlooms that is why cultism is very high there.
They are naturally lazy and comparing them with the Igbos is an insult and you need to apologise.
Meanwhile ,be OBIdient 2023

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

Honestly i don't.

Sorry, I erred with the reference.

If you don't, then rest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Support Of James Ibori / Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie / Tribunal Strikes Out Akunyili/Ngige Case For Lack Of Jurisdiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.