Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families (31030 Views)

The Sweet Rice And Beans I’m Cooking / Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera / How To Cook Tasty Chicken Curry Sauce For White Rice (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2022
This style of beans is my dad's favorite. Whenever he takes over the kitchen to prepare beans, he must add tomatoes and the taste is always on another level. So this is my dad's recipe.

I washed and Parboiled the beans.
Then decanted the water and added fresh water to cook it.

I cooked the beans until it was Soft and done.

I sliced onions into it
Added crayfish
Little vegetable oil

Grated some fresh peppers and tomatoes and added to it. And finally added palm oil, stired and let it simmer for some mins. Brought it down.

I prepared pap and served with the beans topped with some spring onions.

This meal is cost effective yet rich and very nutritious.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by God1000(m): 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2022
Wow, this is great

I've eaten this before

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
God1000:
Wow, this is great

Thanks dear. cheesy.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Cypress042(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
Sometimes i wonder if there is no more EFCC.

How can one be eating this type of food in this harsh economy, like seriously your source of income need to be questioned sad

200 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Zonefree(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
.My boyfriend lalasticlala come and eat

He's not your boyfriend! He's married with two kids, please.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by God1000(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
Channah1:

Thanks dear. cheesy.
you are welcome, enjoy yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by wittywriter: 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
Some have food they cannot eat....some can eat but have no food.....
Most times when I go out and see how peeps are suffering I loose appetite for meals....

APC is a plague..

© Wittyness

22 Likes

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2022
Cypress042:
Sometimes i wonder if there is no more EFCC.

How can one be eating this type of food in this harsh economy, like seriously your source income needs to be investigated sad

Very cheap ooo
Beans 1 derica 450
Oil 100
Crayfish 100
Pepper and tomatoes 100
Onion. #20 grin
Akamu. #50

820 naira only for pot of beans and plate of akamu.

I had little ororo and left over spring onions from my fried rice preparations.

24 Likes

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
Zonefree:

He's not your boyfriend! He's married with two kids, please.

He is my boyfriend. I didn't say lover and I'm very much aware of his wife and two lovely daughters.

Lalasticlala my boyfriend where art thou? undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by mariahAngel(f): 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
Beans and pap. I love the combo ehn!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Cypress042(m): 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
Channah1:

Very cheap ooo
Beans 1 derica 450
Oil 100
Crayfish 100
Pepper and tomatoes 100
Onion. #20 grin
Akamu. #50

820 naira only for pot of beans and plate of akamu.

I had little ororo and left over spring onions from my fried rice.

Then the police need to arrest you for misleading the public cool

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by debbydams(f): 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2022
I need freshly baked bread for this tongue

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
Cypress042:

Then the police need to arrest you for misleading the public cool

They won't arrest me o egbon. They'll join me to eat the beans and akamu and forget their sorrows grin.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
debbydams:
I need freshly baked bread for this tongue

Oya... Enter bakery..lol cheesy grin...

Bon-apetit dear.

3 Likes

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2022
mariahAngel:
Beans and pap. I love the combo ehn!

Yeah. Correct velum 5. I'm feeling sleepy as I'm typing now self

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by mariahAngel(f): 4:20pm On Aug 16, 2022
Channah1:

Yeah. Correct velum 5. I'm feeling sleepy am I'm typing now self

My mum calls it E richaa, a gbotoro! grin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2022
mariahAngel:

My mum calls it E richaa, a gbotoro! grin

Lol... What ever that means grin.

2 Likes

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by gaby(m): 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2022
Our every Saturday food those days.....lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
gaby:
Our every Saturday food those days.....lol

Lol.. so you no longer eat it these days?

Me too, it's been a while I made this kinda meal o. I just thought of it today and said let me do it.
Taste so very delicious.

1 Like

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by gaby(m): 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2022
Channah1:

Lol.. so you no longer eat it these days?

Me too, it's been a while I made this kinda meal o. I just thought of it today and said let me do it.
Taste so very delicious.

I do but we were abused with it those days based on our numbers as kids...lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 6:33pm On Aug 16, 2022
gaby:

I do but we were abused with it those days based of our numbers...lol

Lol... You're funny.
I think I also had my own fair share of the abuse with this combo. grin cheesy. Our parents knew how to stuff us with this combo back then so we can be off their backs. reason I'm recommending it for people with family. grin

1 Like

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by SerikiFulani(m): 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2022
Are you Igbo? cheesy I guess this is how you guys make your beans smiley

I love pap too much...I drink it almost everyday.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
SerikiFulani:
Are you Igbo? cheesy I guess this is how you guys make your beans smiley

I love pap too much...I drink it almost everyday.

I love pap but because it makes me put on weight, I avoid it and only take it once in a blue moon.

2 Likes

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by SerikiFulani(m): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2022
Channah1:

I love pap but because it makes me put on weight, I avoid it and only take it once in a blue moon.

I love taking it in the night after dinner cos it makes me sleep...

I don't know why,after taking pap,I must fall asleep almost immediately cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
SerikiFulani:

I love taking it in the night after dinner cos it makes me sleep...

I don't know why,after taking pap,I must fall asleep almost immediately cheesy

Lol.. yeah. That's very common with pap. I think that's why it causes weight gain cheesy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by gaby(m): 7:27pm On Aug 16, 2022
Channah1:

Lol... You're funny.
I think I also had my own fair share of the abuse with this combo. grin cheesy. Our parents knew how to stuff us with this combo back then so we can be off their backs. the reason I'm recommending it for people with family. grin

Ewa had always come to the rescue...lol

Eat and keep topping up with water all day and don't cry of hunger. According to our parents.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2022
gaby:

Ewa had always come to the rescue...lol

Eat and keep topping up with water all day and don't cry of hunger. According to our parents.

Lol... And it sure worked for them. grin.
Very funny.
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by gaby(m): 7:38pm On Aug 16, 2022
Channah1:

Lol... And it sure worked for them. grin.
Very funny.

Yes oh.

We were 11 kids born to same parents plus cousins loving with us then, so you can imagine.

There was always enough ewa plus a huge bag of garri at home....lol

If you no gree chop na you sabi...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
gaby:

Yes oh.

We were 11 kids born to same parents plus cousins loving with us then, so you can imagine.

There's always enough ewa plus a huge bag of garri at home....lol

If you no gree chop na you sabi...
Hahahahaha grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Solofresh2: 7:59am On Aug 18, 2022
My favorite food then.
I could remember when I was in KG and Nursery school,my mum makes it for me early in the morning almost everyday so I can take it to school.Even without opening my food flask my class teacher already knows what is inside it and teases me with it
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 8:18am On Aug 18, 2022
Solofresh2:
My favorite food then.
I could remember when I was in KG and Nursery school,my mum makes it for me early in the morning almost everyday so I can take it to school.Even without opening my food flask my class teacher already knows what is inside it and teases me with it

I'm sure you must be very tall cheesy grin since you started eating it at quite an early age...

It's actually a good food for children and adults. Just that people don't seem to like it that much.
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Solofresh2: 9:42am On Aug 18, 2022
Channah1:

I'm sure you must be very tall cheesy grin since you started eating it at quite an early age...

It's actually a good food for children and adults. Just that people don't seem to like it that much.
Exactly,am the tallest in the family despite having two sisters in front

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Team Puff-puff Or Team Buns: Which One Are You? (pictures) / Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) / Meet Bethany Gasky, Her Food, Mukbang Videos On YouTube Made Her A Millionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.