Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,462 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Does NEPA Have Right To Go With Disconnected Wires? See me see problem - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does NEPA Have Right To Go With Disconnected Wires? See me see problem (1363 Views)

"Women Have Right To Choose What To Do With Their Body, Not The Baby's Body" / Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? / Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does NEPA Have Right To Go With Disconnected Wires? See me see problem by Peter532: 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2022
Just this year alone we've replace the wires connected to the meter close to 4 times in the compound I live in. It's not as if I don't pay my normal #1000 every month...but each time I come back home in the evening on such occasions I find out compound electricity disconnected and to make matter worst the 3 sets of wires rolled up and taken away by them.
According to them, they saying we not meeting up with the bills that has accumulated years ago by previous tenants so whenever they come they always have a reason to cut the light even if we pay for that month or not... Disconnecting it is okay, but why do they always take the wire along.
The only luck they have is am not always around, the day I catch them... they must to give me a valid explanation...if they are the ones that purchased those wires.
Re: Does NEPA Have Right To Go With Disconnected Wires? See me see problem by stacyadams: 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2022
Peter532:
Just this year alone we've replace the wires connected to the meter close to 4 times in the compound I live in. It's not as if I don't pay my normal #1000 every month...but each time I come back home in the evening on such occasions I find out compound electricity disconnected and to make matter worst the 3 sets of wires rolled up and taken away by them.
According to them, they saying we not meeting up with the bills that has accumulated years ago by previous tenants so whenever they come they always have a reason to cut the light even if we pay for that month or not... Disconnecting it is okay, but why do they always take the wire along.
The only luck they have is am not always around, the day I catch them... they must to give me a valid explanation...if they are the ones that purchased those wires.

Lol.....hang wire for night ,comot am early morning...... na so we d run am for west side

4 Likes

Re: Does NEPA Have Right To Go With Disconnected Wires? See me see problem by Ahmed0336(m): 4:27pm On Aug 16, 2022
stacyadams:

Lol.....hang wire for night ,comot am early morning...... na so we d run am for west side

Una be part of the problems we have in this corn tree

5 Likes

Re: Does NEPA Have Right To Go With Disconnected Wires? See me see problem by Channah1(f): 4:39pm On Aug 16, 2022
For them to carry wire means una gbese don pass Nigeria own.

There was a time they seized some peoples wire. It took a whole year before those people could retrieve their wire back. Their bill was so high.

They hardly cease cable but if they do, it sure means your bill is too much.

2 Likes

Re: Does NEPA Have Right To Go With Disconnected Wires? See me see problem by stacyadams: 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
Ahmed0336:

Una be part of the problems we have in this corn tree

.lol..house wey person no live for ten years, , u bring bill of 900K...who wan pay am grin

1 Like

Re: Does NEPA Have Right To Go With Disconnected Wires? See me see problem by RepoMan007: 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
They don't have that right. Those cables used to connect the changeover switches to PHCH poles are bought by you the client and therefore what they are entitled to is disconnection of your cable from their poles, as stated in their notices.

That aside, I went to court to get an affidavit and they ask me to pay 1300. I am wondering if lawyers in the house can confirm the correctness of that.
Re: Does NEPA Have Right To Go With Disconnected Wires? See me see problem by Mindlog: 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2022
It is so wrong to expect present tennants to clear the debts of former tennants. angry

2 Likes

Re: Does NEPA Have Right To Go With Disconnected Wires? See me see problem by GloriousGbola: 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
Mindlog:
It is so wrong to expect present tennants to clear the debts of former tennants. angry

Correct, but unfortunately it is actually the law, for some reason.

2 Likes

Re: Does NEPA Have Right To Go With Disconnected Wires? See me see problem by Mindlog: 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Correct, but unfortunately it is actually the law, for some reason.

Law? shocked
Re: Does NEPA Have Right To Go With Disconnected Wires? See me see problem by GloriousGbola: 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
Mindlog:

Law? shocked

i am trying to find the exact documentation, because it is something i have come across repeatedly in the past

effectively before a facility can be reconnected to utility supply, all outstanding bills must be paid.

so if i have say leased a space as an eatery, then leave without paying full bills and someone else moves into the same property , all outstanding bills must be paid before the site can be reconnected

https://nerc.gov.ng/

it is somewhere in this website, or at least it was some years back. I was looking for guidelines on metering and i came across it. i have been trying to find the exact page, but it may have been superseded

now there is just a bland advise

https://nerc.gov.ng/index.php/home/consumers/consumer-rights-obligations

11. Notify the DisCo serving you of any outstanding electricity bill before moving into new premises.

very last line.

with reflection, NERC has failed to enforce proper billing practice on the discos - Bills are always in the name of the first resident of a premises and never changed. so the bill is actually to the site and not the individual.

if you google there are multiple articles "NERC Bars Landlords from Imposing Outstanding Bills on New Tenants" - which sidesteps the actual issue - rather than DISCOcsvoid outstanding bills, they are simply transferred.

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Advises Single Women, Don't Wait Until You Clock 50, Ask A Man Out. / Is My Husband A Cheater? / It Is Present Day African Losing Family Values?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.