Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This (1109 Views)

Gtbank International Spending Limit On Naira Card / Gtbank Cut $25 From The Money I Received Offshore Charges (wire Transfer) / Who Noticed This New Change On Nairaland's Homepage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This by wisemaster(m): 4:49am On Aug 18, 2022
Hello guys, I noticed the GTBank Naira card gets declined whenever i attempt using it on international websites recently. (Usd payment). Yet withing the $20 limit.

Is it just me or does anyone have this same experience. Thanks
Re: Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This by thesolutions(m): 5:06am On Aug 18, 2022
wisemaster:
Hello guys, I noticed the GTBank Naira card gets declined whenever i attempt using it on international websites recently. (Usd payment). Yet withing the $20 limit.

You can no longer use your Naira master card for international transactions. It is the new policy. But the banks are offering a new dollar card for such transactions up to $5,000. From the mail I got from my bank though. It is just like credit card. You fund the card, you use it for payment. The only issue is you have to fund the card at the banks exchange rate.
Re: Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This by mymadam(m): 5:11am On Aug 18, 2022
Yes, it happened to me too. After complaining online, via GConnect customer care, and physically at my branch without success, I opted for GTB's N3,000 hardware. My online transactions are now 'generally' seamless. However, I must admit that I ain't sure that it's the hardware 'doing the magic'. Maybe it's just a coincidence (lol)
Re: Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This by bigl: 8:06am On Aug 18, 2022
wisemaster:

I still used mine last week to purchase online (upwork.com) and the transaction went through without blinking.

So, what could be wrong with your card?
Re: Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This by wisemaster(m): 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2022
Try again now. I believe it has been blocked. This appears very recently because i have been using it too before now
Re: Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This by wisemaster(m): 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2022
Thanks for the confirmation.
thesolutions:

You can no longer use your Naira master card for international transactions. It is the new policy. But the banks are offering a new dollar card for such transactions up to $5,000. From the mail I got from my bank though. It is just like credit card. You fund the card, you use it for payment. The only issue is you have to fund the card at the banks exchange rate.
Re: Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This by wisemaster(m): 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
bigl:

I still used mine last week to purchase online (upwork.com) and the transaction went through without blinking.

So, what could be wrong with your card?

Try again now. I believe it has been blocked. This appears very recently because i have been using it too before now
Re: Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This by bigl: 12:49am On Aug 19, 2022
[quote author=wisemaster post=115837670]

Try again now. I believe it has been blocked. This appears very recently because i have been using it too before now[/quote

I will and give a feedback
Re: Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This by bigl: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2022
wisemaster:

I used it again and it works ... Another website ...
Re: Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This by hassinho707(m): 5:07pm On Sep 23, 2022
thesolutions:

What's their exchange rate please?

I collected UBA's dollar card and they were telling me to go look for aboki to get the dollars so they can fund the card for me. Imagine a financial institution asking me to go look for fund outside to fund their card at black market rate, and after finding it, they will now charge me for using their card.

Please how much is GTB rate?
Re: Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This by thesolutions(m): 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2022
hassinho707:
What's their exchange rate please?

I collected UBA's dollar card and they were telling me to go look for aboki to fund it. Imagine a financial institution asking me to go look for fund outside to fund their card at black market rate, and after finding it, they will now charge me for using their card.

Please how much is GTB rate?
Aboki can not fund your card for you. They are only telling you they do not have dollar for sale, so you should go and source for dollar from bureau de change/aboki. You know buying dollar from aboki is like buying iphone 14. Welcome to black market Nigeria.
Re: Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This by Emeka71(m): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2022
Try doing transactions online.
Re: Gtbank Naira Card - Who Noticed This by r3d5tudio(m): 8:30am On Sep 24, 2022
Tribapay now have DOLLAR AND NAIRA CARDs!

$25,000 limit on card.
Maximum amount per transaction => $10,000
You can create up to 5 Cards ($125,000).
Works on almost all foreign platforms.

Download the mobile app from the Appstore or Playstore
or use Web application.

(1) (Reply)

Gsm And E-mail, Which Do You Prefer? / Why Is It That Many Nigerians Do Not Shop Online On Nigerian Websites? / Free Intranet Software Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.