Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins (64928 Views)

Concrete Vs Asphalt Roads: Pros And Cons Of Each / VIDEO : Julius Berger Begins Asphalt Laying Of 2nd Niger Bridge, Streetlights / My Visit To Second Niger Bridge Site Onitsha Anambra State-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by GeneralDae: 10:53pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ezmans:
federal government have stop playing for any federal roads constructed by governor's.
How did you come about this?
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Poanan: 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2022
Biodun556:
In terms of infrastructure from 1999 till date, Buhari government is number one

Naaaa. It is kn record he has no completed project in his name.

Those other ones started during goodluck. Na goodluck no get better campaign dg
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by basybasy: 11:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
kingthreat:
All these for the most ungrateful part of Nigeria.
Wasting resources to the zone that doesn appreciate your work

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by chukel(m): 11:20pm On Aug 18, 2022
PresidObi:
It has been like this in the last one year. I pass the area daily.
greatest liar ever. Devil will marvel at your lies.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by GeneralDae: 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2022
Poanan:

Naaaa. It is kn record he has no completed project in his name.

Those other ones started during goodluck. Na goodluck no get better campaign dg
He completed Lagos-Ibadan rail in his name though. Also it's better to complete abandoned projects in my opinion b4 starting new ones except in sectors that require new ones.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by mrvictornews: 11:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
Watch Onne Port
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbXZ-ZFHbig

Big expansion
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
I can't see any evidence Obansanjo constructed Onitsha- Owerri road, he awarded contract for it's dualisation but project was abandoned as was most projects of PDP era. In any case are you trying to equate a road construction with a major 2km river bridge with adjoining road network megaproject?
PresidObi:
What will APC campaign with in the South east?

Nothing.

They should just apologise to the south east and kneel down and beg.

Apart from insecurity and destabization, the south east got nothing because of the 5% policy.

Thank you Obasanjo for building the Onitsha - Owerri dual carriage road without any long stories. Buhari has been on the only project he's doing in the south east for 7 years and still never completed it.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
Any fool can start a project, completing the project is what matters. How many of their predecessor's projects did previous PDP presidents Obj and GEJ complete?
GeneralDae:

He completed Lagos-Ibadan in his name though. Also it's better to complete abandoned projects in my opinion b4 starting new ones except in sectors that require new ones.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:44pm On Aug 18, 2022
GeneralDae:

The AKK gas pipeline is one of the most important project any Nigerian Government would embark on in my opinion and it is getting to Kano already. It started late 2020 and the pace of work has been fast tracked by the completion of the Warri Itakpe rail. So how then can you say boldly: "no strategic economic advancement project done"?
We slowly came out of recession in 2017 and also went to recession in 2020, so where do you expect funds to come from for projects without borrowing? When our monthly FAAC shared between Federal Government and a states have hardly surpassed 700 Billion naira most times? In 2016 it went as low as 400 Billion naira.

You are calling project in the pipeline, strategic? I am talking of making investment that will benefit the country under this administration. We are in a financial crisis and there is no funded project, or savings made by this administration to help cushion the effect. Eight years of wastage.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by GeneralDae: 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

You are calling project in the pipeline, strategic? I am talking of making investment that will benefit the country under this administration. We are in a financial crisis and there is no funded project, or savings made by this administration to help cushion the effect. Eight years of wastage.
What kind of project are you talking about that you think is not being carried out?
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2022
GeneralDae:

What kind of project are you talking about that you think is not being carried out?

We are in a financial crisis today due to the gross wastage of this Government and lack of planning.

Like the Government borrowed us into a position that our crude revenue accounts for nothing.

So literally wasted our resources and people are applauding them.

The only solution is to keep taxing us because the Government did nothing to move us forward economically.

A hint. Channelling part of the allocations into boosting the refining capacities of modular refineries for instance would have created a cushion for Subsidy and reduced pressure on our Forex exchange.

Investing in large scale Integrated farms to produce high demand crops in mega scale would have eased cost of food.

Instead they are sinking N210 Billion on Bridge.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by SpatialKing(m): 12:05am On Aug 19, 2022
asanausana91:
are you normal? Mention one project in the east done by Jonathan.
Afam Power Plant
Renovation of ONITSHA Port
Enugu International Airport
Started the Port Harcourt Enugu express
Started the Onitsha Enugu express
Signed the contract to construct 2nd Niger Bridge

You:
Mentioned projects initiated and completed by Buhari in the South East
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by GeneralDae: 12:06am On Aug 19, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

We are in a financial crisis today due to the gross wastage of this Government and lack of planning.

Like the Government borrowed us into a position that our crude revenue accounts for nothing.

So literally wasted our resources and people are applauding them.

The only solution is to keep taxing us because the Government did nothing to move us forward economically.

A hint. Channelling part of the allocations into boosting the refining capacities of modular refineries for instance would have created a cushion for Subsidy and reduced pressure on our Forex exchange.

Investing in large scale Integrated farms to produce high demand crops in mega scale would have eased cost of food.

Instead they are sinking N210 Billion on Bridge.

A hint. Channelling part of the allocations into boosting the refining capacities of modular refineries for instance would have created a cushion for Subsidy and reduced pressure on our Forex exchange
Logical enough. I think a few modular refineries like the Waltersmith and another one in Edo ( both not more than 20000 bpd) have been completed. Others were given license to construct but it seems a number of them did not start. However, the PortHarcourt refinery rehabilitation to 60000 bpd by 1st quarter 2023 is on course.

True. Security challenges must be solved quickly enough in my opinion. However, there are large rice projects, one in Lagos and the other in Katsins and several interventions in the agricultural sector by the CBN.
We now have the second largest cassava processing plant in the world (from the private sector). There are palm oil fields now in some parts of the country. Government definitely should have done more though.

Also gas projects are also important, because gas solves revenue problem faster as well, even more than oil.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:11am On Aug 19, 2022
GeneralDae:

Logical enough. I think a few modular refineries like the Waltersmith and another one in Edo ( both not more than 20000 bpd) have been completed. Others were given license to construct but it seems a number of them did not start. However, the PortHarcourt refinery rehabilitation to 60000 bpd by 1st quarter 2023 is on course.

The Government can not boast of going into partnership with private Modular refineries to boost their capacities and establish more.

This is eight years and we are waiting for a project that will kick off after they have gone.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by GeneralDae: 12:19am On Aug 19, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

The Government can not boast of going into partnership with private Modular refineries to boost their capacities and establish more.

This is eight years and we are waiting for a project that will kick off after they have gone.
I just told you Waltersmith refinery was completed and another one ( most likely in Kwale) have been completed. Waltersmith is functioning, the one in Kwale has no oil field supplying it yet but it was also completed around April I think.
Waltersmith is currently undergoing expansion to boost it's capacity.
First 3 years of Buhari I agree was more or less a complete waste. Buhari was also too slow in some aspects as we came out of recession.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:24am On Aug 19, 2022
GeneralDae:

I just told you Waltersmith refinery was completed and another one ( most likely in Kwale) have been completed. Waltersmith is functioning, the one in Kwale has no oil field supplying it yet but it was also completed around April I think.
Our first 3 years I agree was a complete waste. Buhari was also too slow in some aspects as we came out of recession.

Completed is one phase. Boosting its capacity by Government supporting the funding an availability of Crude to work is another. Also, we should have had a large scale provision of them.

So nothing was done but they can source N210 billion for Bridge.

Look at an example of an integrated farm below. There are some in Zambia, Kenya to boost large scale agriculture. This Government has nothing to show.

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:28am On Aug 19, 2022
GeneralDae:

First 3 years of Buhari I agree was more or less a complete waste. Buhari was also too slow in some aspects as we came out of recession.

There is food crisis, huge burden on subsidy, lack of jobs, lack of power. Solve projects that will make massive economic impacts but no, these people will tell us infrastructure will boost economy.

You are now taxing people that you did not invest anything into to continue feeding their fat lifestyles.

These guys are pure failures and it is baffling that there are youths trying to defend their gross wastage.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by ElSudani: 12:31am On Aug 19, 2022
Obi was part of the government that used this bridge to get votes from the SE every election cycle.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Creamz(m): 12:33am On Aug 19, 2022
Parachoko:
Can you list out the dualise road let's see.

I would have done a list after a proper research, but the one I use frequently is the Benin/Asaba road which was dualized by the PDP.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by GeneralDae: 12:47am On Aug 19, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

There is food crisis, huge burden on subsidy, lack of jobs, lack of power. Solve projects that will make massive economic impacts but no, these people will tell us infrastructure will boost economy.

You are now taxing people that you did not invest anything into to continue feeding their fat lifestyles.

These guys are pure failures and it is baffling that there are youths trying to defend their gross wastage.
You have a point though. We should at least have a modular refinery that takes care of just Diesel for the Aviation sector.
The matter tire person sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by paramakina202: 1:00am On Aug 19, 2022
seunmsg:
The Mohammadu Buhari Bridge is now a reality.

3rd Mainland bridge should be renamed IBB bridge.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Nobody: 1:25am On Aug 19, 2022
asanausana91:
Lagos Ibadan railway
Second Niger bridge
Abuja akonga road
Etc etc

All those you mentioned were initiated by previous administration, and these are just 3 projects which don't qualify as "number one in infrastructure since 1999”, unless you mean suffering infrastructure.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by plaindealer: 1:28am On Aug 19, 2022
I love Buhari bridge... grin

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Nobody: 1:39am On Aug 19, 2022
Biodun556:

You don't need to be an initiator of all projects. Parts of what makes Buhari stands out is his departure from era of abandoned projects.

It doesn't make sense for a government to abandoned the projects of his predecessors like Ambode did in Lagos and Dapo Abiodun is currently doing in Ogun state. All the ongoing projects left by Amosun are rotting away in Ogun state. It is stupidity and waste of resources.

So it is more credit to Buhari credibility to modify and add more beauties to the projects left by his predecessors

7 years is more than enough for any reasonable govt to initiate and complete projects.

South Africa once did a 200km road from start to finish in 2 weeks. Lagos-ibadan has spent 9 years now, less than 150km, still incomplete.

Don't bring Lagos into this matter, Ambode completed a number of Fashola's road projects in Alimosho LGA, he also initiated his own projects and would probably have started 4th mainland bridge too, you people hated him for refusing to be a pawn.
Exactly what projects did Ambode abandon? Have Sanwo Olu completed them now?
I challenge you to state them precisely if you can!
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Caseless: 4:45am On Aug 19, 2022
PresidObi:
you guys always come up with these lies. You just don't want to accept that buhari did this for you.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by bewla(m): 5:23am On Aug 19, 2022
PresidObi:
Thank God it's complicated during your life time

What did the past government start and end in our time
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Inosky: 5:40am On Aug 19, 2022
The bridge they used 200+billion Naira to build and left for the Masses to pay tollgate fee for 25 years to the company that built it with interest isn't a commendable project.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Biodun556(m): 6:02am On Aug 19, 2022
crows2ravens:

7 years is more than enough for any reasonable govt to initiate and complete projects.

South Africa once did a 200km road from start to finish in 2 weeks. Lagos-ibadan has spent 9 years now, less than 150km, still incomplete.

Don't bring Lagos into this matter, Ambode completed a number of Fashola's road projects in Alimosho LGA, he also initiated his own projects and would probably have started 4th mainland bridge too, you people hated him for refusing to be a pawn.
[b
I challenge you to state them precisely if you can![/b]

Some projects might even take 10 to 15 years. It depends on availability of funds

Sanwo-Olu completed all the projects left by Ambode and Fashola: Agege fly over bridge, Lagos red and blue rail lines started by Fashola, abandoned by Ambode, many ongoing roads projects from Abule Egba to Alakuko during Ambode time are now completed by Sanwo-Olu.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:09am On Aug 19, 2022
Midastorch:

Lmfaoooooooo, brov you and I know that you're a hungry swine...
Poorer go and take care of your family we are not mate

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by COMPAQ(m): 6:09am On Aug 19, 2022
PresidObi:

That's a big lie! I check the status on the Julius berger website and the asphalt laying and street lights is a recent development.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by COMPAQ(m): 6:11am On Aug 19, 2022
crows2ravens:

I challenge you to state them precisely if you can!

In 2 weeks! Guy we ain't daft here. That is impossible!!
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by xevove2061: 6:19am On Aug 19, 2022
asanausana91:
Lagos Ibadan railway.
I will not be surprised if you said gej constructed that railway in 2011

Lmao.. you must be dumb.

The same rail line wey them dey use kidnap una?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Fresh MC Oluomo Returns Back To Nigeria After Vacation In The US. Photos / Edo Election: Wike Held Hostage In Hotel Room - PDP Raises Alarm / Yemi Osinbajo And Parents During Graduation Ceremony (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.