Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins (64900 Views)

Concrete Vs Asphalt Roads: Pros And Cons Of Each / VIDEO : Julius Berger Begins Asphalt Laying Of 2nd Niger Bridge, Streetlights / My Visit To Second Niger Bridge Site Onitsha Anambra State-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by highchief1: 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
PresidObi:
It has been like this in the last one year. I pass the area daily.
u r not a good person.i don’t like Buhari but e try for this one.be constructive in your criticism.

4 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Deeprooted: 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Bihiri signed it thinking they were referring to Niger republic.

Now that it's in Nigeria, he's in serious pain

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by GeneralDae: 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
osazsky:
u dont know the meaning of union..ask America they will explain beter also ask ur apc king Adam's oshiomole.i dont even see uni resuming till after election..cuz the money budgeted for salaries has been diverted for elections..so make student patient..I thrust assu they can crumble the system for 3 years until demands are ment and all salaries paid.its a system
So who's losing more then? Government or the students?
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
osazsky:
oga like I said I am not seeing anything..just cuz u want to do a 9km road u carry cement go 5k..carry houe rent go 400k..cars we were buying for 1.8m is now 5m..u meet dollar for 175 carry am go 700..meet fuel at 87 carry am go 200 naira bag of rice from 7500 to 40k just because u wan do road and u nor increase salary does this make any sense oga

Don't mind them. They lack basic understanding of economics. If they like, APC can build 1,000 bridges, it will not stop the rising dollars.

This is what happens when blockheads run offices.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Christistruth00: 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Biodun556:
In terms of infrastructure from 1999 till date, Buhari government is number one

SE People should always thank Buhari for this Bridge

He was determined to Complete it

and he did despite all the Curses and insults that IPOB heaped on him and his family

Ebutte Meta Train Station is even more Beautiful than Muritala Mohammed Airport

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2022
When I see empty bush I’m like great road but what about the people I saw mud huts on live television do they even have a car I almost
Fainted Haba! We like dipping our pockets in other peoples territory and assets but we do not do enough for the people. Train that will slow down for Kidnapper to board its a shame on us. Let’s do more for people not this wickedness you call achievement

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by ogatboy(m): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2022
Parachoko:
The PDP tenure was a waste

No reasonable thing was done between 1999 and 2014, the only area they try is the communication sector

Lol. Be deceiving yourself. Every project under Buhari was started in PDP time even electoral reform. Name one project started by Buhari and completed by Buhari. NONE
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by 3seriez(m): 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
Biodun556:

Sentiments aside. No be lie. That's the only plus. The money PDP made during their time, if it was put to good use we would have made alot of progress.

3 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by osazsky(m): 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
GeneralDae:

So who's losing more then? Government or the students?
its not assu biz..blame ur irresponsible govt..why pay hospitals and mdas minimum wages and ignore university..Peter obi will come and solve the prob apc caused..like I said this election will be like endsars ..na youth Bleep osun state up..learn oga.moreover if u had paid them they wouldn't have gone on strike this is medicine after death. So it's now u want to pay thier entitlement if they fofiet thier salaries.they begged u for 8 years u didn't listen..as long as they followed proper process before embarking on the strike they will get their salaries

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by miraclea: 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
This bridge is not more than what a state can complete in one year am sorry throughout this regime for 7½ years we could boost of train road to Niger , giving Afghanistan monetary support and buying jeep for Niger Republic - hurahh!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Mickykarim: 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
xevove2061:

my brother, I am better than you in all ramifications. This i can "beat my chest to". I also know you are not financially better off than I am.. As long as your monthly take home is not up to 10m before tax, you are shit to me.. grin

I GET IT NOW.

You can actually be do better in STUPIDITY when you do not and cannot identify with something good for once in your life.

I MADE THE POINT ALREADY. YOUR VERY ENDEMIC RUST SENSE CANNOT COPE WITH THE FACT IN PURVIEW.

You can imagine your FAULTY sense of no value.

THE TOPIC WAS ABOUT A TANGIBLE INFRASTRUCTURE TO BETTER IMPROVE YOUR HOPELESS MISERABLE LIFE AND YOU ARE FIXATED ON NONSUBSTANCE AND ABOUT HOW YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FEED YOUR HELPLESS FAMILY AND MAY NEVER.

You have no BRAIN. GO GET ONE.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by omenka(m): 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2022
Christistruth00:

SE People should always thank Buhari for this Bridge

He was determined to Complete it

and he did despite all the Curses and insults that IPOB heaped on him and his family
Can't you guys see they even hate the fact the bridge is being built?

Something is fundamentally wrong with the people from that region. PDP whose ass they've been licking for years couldn't even place a brick there, but they still have the guts to insult Buhari and APC.

Shame.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by ZUBY77(m): 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
The road and bridge is for every Nigerian. This is not federal government presence in South East.

All of us use Lagos Ibadan Expressway, it's not built for Ogun or Oyo States. I can bet that Anambra people use Lagos Ibadan expressway more than Ekiti or Kwara people.

So you people should stop making it look like Second Niger Bridge was built for Igbos.

Dangote trailers will be all over the place too.

If you want to do something for Igbos, get a wharf in Onitsha to allow their containers berth there instead of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Mickykarim: 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
omenka:

Something is fundamentally wrong with the people from that region. PDP whose ass they've been licking for years couldn't even pay a brick there, but they still have the guts to insult Buhari and APC.

Shame.

YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN RIGHT, ABSOLUTELY. IN YOUR LIFE.

Good submission, my brother.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by GeneralDae: 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
osazsky:
its not assu biz..blame ur irresponsible govt..why pay hospitals and mdas minimum wages and ignore university..Peter obi will come and solve the prob apc caused..like I said this election will be like endsars ..na youth Bleep osun state up..learn oga
Okay oo. Peter Obi would come and immediately pay over 1.1 trillion naira to only ASUU ba? Same Peter Obi wen owe Health workers for 13 months abi na another Peter Obi?

https://dailypost.ng/2012/02/28/anambra-doctors-call-off-strike-after-13-months/

3 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Yusufisraelj(m): 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2022
Biodun556:

Quite so, but so much destruction as well bkos of insecurity.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Amalekki: 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2022
ogatboy:

Lol. Be deceiving yourself. Every project under Buhari was started in PDP time even electoral reform. Name one project started by Buhari and completed by Buhari. NONE
... that is good leadership. Don't abandon projects simply because you did not start them. Complete existing projects, they are not for you they are for the people. Start yours when you have completed ongoing ones. Kudos to Buhari for doing that.

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by castrokins(m): 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2022
This Bridge Is So Basic For All The Vuvuzelas It's Getting
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by comodo: 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2022
Biodun556:
https://twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1560301044172824577?t=S8ugkBetSd5U5fNll9f8Xg&s=19
Please can someone educate me on why this bridge must be tolled. And how many of such infrastructure is tolled in d country. I don try to explain to pipu but be like I no dey make sense.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by osazsky(m): 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2022
GeneralDae:

Okay oo. Peter Obi would come and immediately pay over 1.1 trillion naira to only ASUU ba? Same Peter Obi wen owe Health workers for 13 months abi na another Peter Obi?
education is paramount.. we must know our priorities as a nation for us to move forward..this useless road cost billions..Buhari went to Afghan abt 4months back and gifted Afghanistan 1m dollars that 700m already..like I said I never know waiting apc want take campaign .or maybe Tinubu is coming to deliver Nigerians from apc

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by RichAbujaGuy: 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
GeneralDae:

God bless Yar Adua for thinking about it. God bless Jonathan for starting it on power point.

Thinking of points. Your post made me realize that a Northern politician birthed the idea and another Northerner will deliver the finished (baby) project.

Katsina and Daura looking out for the South East region.

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by GeneralDae: 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2022
osazsky:
education is paramount.. we must know our priorities as a nation for us to move forward..this useless road cost billions..Buhari went to Afghan abt 4months back and gifted Afghanistan 1m dollars that 700m ready..like I said I never know waiting apc want take campaign .or maybe Tinubu is coming to deliver Nigerians from apc
You are changing topic here. Nigerian FAAC revenue monthly shared to all states is not even more than 800 Billion naira, yet Obi would pay ASUU alone 1.1 trillion naira?
You say education is important, is health not equally as important? Yet health workers were on strike for 13 months in Anambra. Even Orji Uzor Kalu must have been shocked by this.

https://dailypost.ng/2012/02/28/anambra-doctors-call-off-strike-after-13-months/

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Makowonda: 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
No previous administration in Nigeria can compete with this Buhari's regime infrastructurewise.I say this with confidence,my heart is devoid of any emotion or sentiment.No be everywhere person de fail.

4 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by comodo: 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
GeneralDae:

I know say ASUU for don soft pedal if we no dey hear say 1 person carry 190bil, only him. Another say termites chop documents. Another collect $300mil inside him account. Another one kolobi pension money. PA dey collect salary pass prof, even him still dey collect when him no get position again. Yet head no roll. I go dey shame to tell ASUU say moni no dey.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Christistruth00: 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2022
miraclea:
This bridge is not more than what a state can complete in one year am sorry throughout this regime for 7½ years we could boost of train road to Niger , giving Afghanistan monetary support and buying jeep for Niger Republic - hurahh!!!!!

So why didn’t your Governors band together and build it ?

3 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Theunbothered: 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
popodaa159:

i said the road is 13km..bridge is less than 400m ..the 2nd niger bridge alone is 1.6km(6 lane)..the single pillars on the bridge is wider than the entire bridge on the trans kalabari road.. you cant compare the depth of the niger river to the one across the trans kalabari road
there is no argument here please simply say you despise the project it was done by PMB

I just want Nigerians to stop praising politicians like gods for providing the barest minimums.

After sinking the country deeper into poverty some will look at this bridge and consider the past 8 years a resounding success.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by etrouble: 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
PresidObi:
What will APC campaign with in the South east?

Nothing.

They should just apologise to the south east and kneel down and beg.

Apart from insecurity and destabization, the south east got nothing because of the 5% policy.

Thank you Obasanjo for building the Onitsha - Owerri dual carriage road without any long stories. Buhari has been on the only project he's doing in the south east for 7 years and still never completed it.

This is why some people will remain wretched for the rest of their lives from generation to generation, they are very ungrateful to the little they think God has done for them, so God has withhold doing more for them.

Buhari is an idiot, even animals know this, but Buhari and Tinubu's boy Fashola built the 2nd Niger Bridge

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Christistruth00: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
chinae:

Bridge that is surrounded with toll gates which was first completed before conceptualization of the main bridge

If you don’t want to pay to use the bridge the first Niger Bridge is there for you to use

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
omenka:

Something is fundamentally wrong with the people from that region. PDP whose ass they've been licking for years couldn't even pay a brick there, but they still have the guts to insult Buhari and APC.

Shame.

With rising debt? ECA funds depleted, no strategic economic advancement project done. We should clap hands for the economic destruction because they wasted funds that could have been used for financial growth to build bridge.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Navalsadiq(m): 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
Biodun556:
I agree with you

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by Navalsadiq(m): 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ebubu9:
economy, security, education, corruption nkor?
Thumbs down
I agree with you
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Asphalt Laying And Street Light Installation Begins by osazsky(m): 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
GeneralDae:

You are changing topic here. Nigerian FAAC revenue monthly shared to all states is not even more than 800 Billion naira, yet Obi would pay ASUU alone 1.1 trillion naira?
You say education is important, is health not equally as important? Yet health workers were on strike for 13 months in Anambra. Even Orji Uzor Kalu must have been shocked at this.

y gift Afghan 700m when all uni are down..like I said misplaced priority..Buhari goes out side the country behaves as if he is America president when nothing is working in his own country. D day they attacked aso rock he was in Liberia advising them on security .funny right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Osun Assembly Replies Demola Adeleke On The Change Of The State's Name / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / Zahra Buhari Complains About The Clinic In Aso Rock That Is In Bad State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.