Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,908 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise (27929 Views)

I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise / Meet Onayemi Temitope Timothy, Hunter With Bsc. And Msc. In Criminology / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by chauder: 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2022
Your salary is less than £1,000. Think am well
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by sukkot: 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2022
freshboi88:

A year, I don't live in Lagos
oh ok but you know thats only 300 pounds you are paying for the whole year in rent. in the uk that figure is 12,000 pounds a year in rent. so basically you pay 40 times what you are paying now for rent in the uk for the whole year. think about that before you make uninformed comments like the one i quoted you initially for .

3 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by zed7: 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2022
I always enjoy reading this type of posts. You'll see a guy still struggling with WAEC giving advice.

It's even funny when they say you can make thousands of pounds doing menial jobs. How naive. If you make money, how about expenses?

As for the OP, if and when you need serious advice, you'll do your research properly. You wouldn't get sensible advice here.

5 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Ajakaiye83: 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2022
bukiah:
forgive me for asking please, which course did you study?

Electrical Engineeeing
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Ajakaiye83: 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2022
Electrical Engineering

Cmanforall:

UK

Take this advice from me, and remember it came from me, you won't regret it. If you're finding it difficult in the UK later let me know.
But first I'd like to know some things about you.

What is your academic background that got you the 620k job?
Was your first degree in Nigeria or abroad?

Imagine if you add MSc from UK, and wish to return , will it not boost your office position with higher pay?

If you want to base in the UK, then the future of your children are secured in a working system.

As I said earlier, pursue the UK dream, even if you do minial jobs, you can easily make 1k pounds (more than 700k in naira)
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by freshboi88: 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2022
sukkot:
oh ok but you know thats only 300 pounds you are paying for the whole year in rent. in the uk that figure is 12,000 pounds a year in rent. so basically you pay 40 times what you are paying now for rent in the uk for the whole year. think about that before you make uninformed comments like the one i quoted you initially for .

You have a point doh, but people make way more than that to cover for the cost of rent. People earn up to 4000 to 5000 pounds a month in the UK. 5000 x 12 is 60,000 pounds. That's a lot of money, remove rent and other expenses, a lot of money is still left. Much more than I'll make even with my 800k naira in a year here
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by gender123: 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2022
With the situation of this country, oboy JAPAooo9ooooooooooo
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by alyarmouk(m): 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2022
Oga, if you like yourself jaap straight.
You no better pass managers n businessmen wey dey sell their houses, japa.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by sukkot: 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2022
freshboi88:

You have a point doh, but people make way more than that to cover for the cost of rent. People earn up to 4000 to 5000 pounds a month in the UK. 5000 x 12 is 60,000 pounds. That's a lot of money, remove rent and other expenses, a lot of money is still left. Much more than I'll make even with my 800k naira in a year here
really ? doing what job grin grin grin The average wage in the UK is 24000 a year before taxes and 18000 after taxes. thats like 1600 a month

whats my point ? let the man stay in naija with his 600 k job. he is doing better than most in the uk

6 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by bukiah: 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2022
Ajakaiye83:

Electrical Engineeeing
okay. Thanks. May God guide you
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2022
sukkot:
oh ok lol

if u av a skilled worker route to UK I would appreciate
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by porthouse7(f): 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2022
OboOlora:
Job wey dem fit sack u tomorrow if Govt change policy that kills the business of your employer
Or make kidnappers carry de ask for 50M ransom
Or make u get one terminal illness wey Reddington go use u chop with zero facilities

Too many uncertainties, may Nigeria not happen to you.

Meanwhile that 620k is less than £800, you can make such amount working 20hrs a week for 1month while still studying

Choose wisely my friend!!!
negative thoughts just full this 1 brain, u never see anything am sure Dem don deny u visa several times

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by sukkot: 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2022
Heathrow44:

if u av a skilled worker route to UK I would appreciate
oh i dont know anything about these japa visa moves. am a novice
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2022
Take the job, save for a year or two and move to Canada or Australia.

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by femo86(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2022
Op....take my 10 kobo opinion

Take the job...

Use am gather experience...

Save money as you work...

School no dey run..You can enrol for online master...

Later on, japa to Canada with your savings as a professional..do recognised worldwide certifications in relation to your career path...(your naija experience will help)..you go get better package for canny

Sha think am well..Best of luck

4 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by 8stargeneral: 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2022
Lawatog:
Lol. Even with the high rate of inflation in UK it's still far better than Naija. We all have our choices to make anyway. I made mine last year - also left a job with a very good pay and I haven't had any regret so far and I won't have any by God's grace.

Just weigh your options and do the needful but if I was in your shoes "Iyalaya 620K" per month.
Hoping to come there soon bro,HW life over there
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by TechBaron: 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2022
620k per month is less than 10m per annum and people are amazed about the OP's salary.

Omoh. There's poverty in this country!

4 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Acidosis(m): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

What's the point?
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Indoctrinated: 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
It depends of what your plans are but my brother nothing is sure anywhere. For me I'll rather stay in Nigeria. I earn around N695k net monthly and I have no plans to japa for any reason. I believe in the adage that says a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by AbuAeesha: 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2022
xpressionx:
UK abeg.

With part time gigs in pounds, you would make more of that and have opportunities for bigger gigs after
and would spend more on tax too
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Kingofhoes: 5:22pm On Aug 20, 2022
[quote author=xpressionx post=115885561]UK abeg.

With part time gigs in pounds, you would make more of that and have opportunities for bigger gigs after[/quote
Classic clown, with no experience or knowledge whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Acidosis(m): 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2022
chauder:
Your salary is less than £1,000. Think am well

True and his monthly rent in Naija is less than £120 grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by prolifik83(m): 5:26pm On Aug 20, 2022
Ajakaiye83:
Hello folks,

Please advise me on a serious matter.
Just got a JOB offer for 620k in a very reputable company and I am also processing Msc in UK. should i go ahead with job or keep old job and japa?

Old job pay 280k
Chairman
First re you married
Free education for your kids in UK,
Secondly Msc in UK can get you a better Job in Nigeria if you choose to come back
You can make 620k in a week
In UK
Bros Msc in UK is better
You have post two years visa after study
Do your research well
Have seen people earning over 1m and still leaving

2 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2022
Acidosis:

What's the point?

Point of what?
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Acidosis(m): 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Point of what?

The point of working/saving for 2 years before relocating.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:32pm On Aug 20, 2022
Acidosis:

True and his monthly rent in Naija is less than £120 grin

Doesn't make staying back here any better. If his course for MSC is on the UK's shortage occupation list, he won't struggle after his studies.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:33pm On Aug 20, 2022
Acidosis:

The point of working/saving for 2 years before relocating.

Canada is a better destination than the UK (in my opinion) and more expensive, so he needs more money.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2022
Mikedgr8:
Japa is not advisable, earning that kind of salary in this present economy is still a good one!

Not sure of his cock and bull story.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Acidosis(m): 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Doesn't make staying back here any better. If his course for MSC is on the UK's occupation shortlist, he won't struggle after his studies.

Just as how converting his salary from Naira to pounds does not make it bad or poor.

The OP may be considering leaving the country for a variety of reasons, but a poor salary shouldn't be one of them.

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by SavageBoy: 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Australia the land of snakesgrin
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Acidosis(m): 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Canada is a better destination than the UK (in my opinion) and more expensive, so he needs more money.

Oh okay!
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Lanretoye(m): 5:52pm On Aug 20, 2022
If u can get these opportunities then u should be wiser

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! / One Bumpy Semester Made Him Drop Out Of School, Now He’s A Cattle Seller / Mechanical Engineers Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.