Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,585 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise (27941 Views)

I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise / Meet Onayemi Temitope Timothy, Hunter With Bsc. And Msc. In Criminology / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by pegix(m): 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2022
OboOlora:
Job wey dem fit sack u tomorrow if Govt change policy that kills the business of your employer
Or make kidnappers carry de ask for 50M ransom
Or make u get one terminal illness wey Reddington go use u chop with zero facilities

Too many uncertainties, may Nigeria not happen to you.

Meanwhile that 620k is less than £800, you can make such amount working 20hrs a week for 1month while still studying

Choose wisely my friend!!!
rubbish

So uk govt cant change policy that can affect him also

5 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Ciscogod(m): 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2022
ppogba:

Oga Bill Gates please compare apples with apples and not oranges.

First, you are in IT. The fella's field is not stated.
Second, your guys that travelled have gone to work. The fella is talking about Msc.

Not at all. Some of my guys traveled for MSC while some become dependence to their spouse and vast number of people also migrated via jobs and express entry
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by klawaaa: 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2022
Getting job through connection happens every in the world. It's called referral programs or networking... Abode is a place one finds comfort! If Nigeria favours you, then it's your home. Some migrated abroad and became worst. You might be in the UK and not be okay. Likewise, you might be in America and not Amee... Different strokes for different folks. All mallam with his kettle!
Stormtrooper11:

I don't oppose your thinking but what would you do when you work hard to get a job in Nigeria only to be given to people who have connections? I'm a witness. Nigeria failed me when I needed her the most.

5 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by sukkot: 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2022
MrMcJay:

Some people are destined to suffer in this life. Wherever they go to, that spirit of suffering guides their decisions. An example is that one advising someone to come to the UK and be living on £800 before tax.

can you even rent any apartment with 800 a month ? most apartments is like 1000 pounds a month

3 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by seanwilliam(m): 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2022
Cmanforall:

UK

Take this advice from me, and remember it came from me, you won't regret it. If you're finding it difficult in the UK later let me know.
But first I'd like to know some things about you.

What is your academic background that got you the 620k job?
Was your first degree in Nigeria or abroad?

Imagine if you add MSc from UK, and wish to return , will it not boost your office position with higher pay?

If you want to base in the UK, then the future of your children are secured in a working system.

As I said earlier, pursue the UK dream, even if you do minial jobs, you can easily make 1k pounds (more than 700k in naira)
and after paying bills , how much will be left ?

4 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Gentlechika(m): 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2022
aieromon:
Very important factor to consider
Savings to income ratio regardless of the country you find yourself.
words of wisdom
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by leosahm(m): 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2022
Ajakaiye83:
Hello folks,

Please advise me on a serious matter.
Just got a JOB offer for 620k in a very reputable company and I am also processing Msc in UK. should i go ahead with job or keep old job and japa?

Old job pay 280k

no sleep, wake up, collect your money.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by clericuzzio(m): 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2022
christejames:
Which kind question be this? shocked

You no fit do the MSc for Nigeria? or run online UK course? undecided some people sef...

Even though the economy is poor in Nigeria now, but earning over 600k puts you on the threshold of the HAVES, don't throwaway this opportunity if you don't have its equivalent in UK after your elusive MSc. undecided

ObiDatti is coming to put a stop to this braindrain God's willing.
the guy is just catching cruise with those responding.

no sane person will ask such a question.

whether e get money him lost for UK wey him want go pick.

11 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by yomiuk: 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2022
OboOlora:
Job wey dem fit sack u tomorrow if Govt change policy that kills the business of your employer
Or make u get one terminal illness wey Reddington go use u chop with zero facilities

Meanwhile that 620k is less than £800, you can make such amount working 20hrs a week for 1month while still studying

Have you factored living cost into this £800.

Rent per month will swallow up that money like dog eats bone. grin

2 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by rajiedreez: 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
UK japa isn't bed of roses o

5 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by MrMcJay(m): 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2022
sukkot:
can you even rent any apartment with 800 a month ? most apartments is like 1000 pounds a month

They don't know anything. Many of their types are in foreign prisons, others are illegal immigrants, roaming around.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Pqw1: 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2022
Travel before it’s too late
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by sukkot: 3:23pm On Aug 20, 2022
MrMcJay:

They don't know anything. Many of their types are in foreign prisons, others are illegal immigrants, roaming around.
yup lol
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Lawatog: 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2022
Lol. Even with the high rate of inflation in UK it's still far better than Naija. We all have our choices to make anyway. I made mine last year - also left a job with a very good pay and I haven't had any regret so far and I won't have any by God's grace.

Just weigh your options and do the needful but if I was in your shoes "Iyalaya 620K" per month.

2 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Emmanuel909090: 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2022
Educative
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by seanwilliam(m): 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2022
If the uk is sure, I’ll go for the masters ..
620k is not really a big money like that.

Except you’re very very prudent in spending , you can’t be saving much after u pay bills.
We all know that the more we Earn , the more we spend .. 620k is less down 1k$.. at this stage of my life, if I were in your shoes I’ll pick masters over the job ..

But , I no like book grin

2 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by lebienconnu: 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2022
Hmmm, this is a big one. A very big one.

Giving the rate at which Naira is plummeting and the accompanying inflation, N620K monthly is not, in my opinion, enough for you to ignore a UK student visa. Before you know it, expenses will catch up with you and there would be hardly any difference compared to when you were earning 280K. Talking from experience.

Baba, UK MSc.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by jum33: 3:29pm On Aug 20, 2022
It depends on the type of job .if it a professional job that is highly demanded in uk ,I will advice you stay with it for a year or 2 to gather the relevant experience that you can latter use as leverage to move to UK as skilled worker later on .
You are better off moving to UK as skilled worker rather than msc.
Ask people that are doing msc in UK what they are passing tru if it truly worth leaving behind good job prospect and washing toilet in uk .

5 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Stormtrooper11(m): 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2022
klawaaa:
Getting job through connection happens every in the world. It's called referral programs or networking... Abode is a place one finds comfort! If Nigeria favours you, then it's your home. Some migrated abroad and became worst. You might be in the UK and not be okay. Likewise, you might be in America and not Amee... Different strokes for different folks. All mallam with his kettle!

Yeah, like joining the American military with connections lol. Keep deceiving yourself and enjoying your self-inflicted corruption.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Fadfavy: 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2022
Make we exchange slot
Anointedclass:
That's how I find it hard making my own decisions 2 years ago, now I dey find a way to come back to Nigeria
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by webincomeplus(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2022
xpressionx:
UK abeg.

With part time gigs in pounds, you would make more of that and have opportunities for bigger gigs after
Are you presently in the UK?
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Gaddafih001(m): 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2022
Ajakaiye83:
Hello folks,

Please advise me on a serious matter.
Just got a JOB offer for 620k in a very reputable company and I am also processing Msc in UK. should i go ahead with job or keep old job and japa?

Old job pay 280k
DONT JAPA....
Collect salary and build yourself up from there.
E get why..

4 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by rocknation62(m): 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2022
OboOlora:

Mumu Talk

3 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by slimthugchimee2(m): 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2022
OboOlora:

Na naira abi pound you dey spend for UK?
Abeg use your sense oh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Tunjibalogun: 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2022
OboOlora:

UK economy is not same with Nigeria. You guys should stop the nonsense conversion. Some house rents in Nigeria go for 250,000 per year for 2 bedroom flats, how much are we paying in UK per month. Nonsense

6 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by oluplus(m): 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2022
na2016:

Forget the MSc in the UK for now... Pick the job and plan ahead for an MSc in Canada later in your life. I know many Nigerians with UK MSc still struggling. Some even left their jobs to come here.
Can I PM if you don't mind
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by klawaaa: 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2022
So joining America Army, is a juicy offer?
Stormtrooper11:

Yeah, like joining the American military with connections lol. Keep deceiving yourself and enjoying your self-inflicted corruption.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by StrangeMan619: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2022
Baba. I think I’m in a position to advise you because I work in a multinational company and earn more than your new job. I am also going for MSc in the UK this September and do not have any regrets whatsoever. You will get tired of that ur 620k when u realize it’s nothing. U won’t get rich with that. Ur children will be here. Ur health will be based on Naija healthcare system. There will be pressure from work. Naira won’t stop falling because of ur new job. Please run when u can. The gate won’t be open forever. I work in a brewery and lots of people far above ur salary still Dey japa. There’s a reason. If u don’t go now, u will remember my advice one day. Please don’t defer, don’t work for one year if u can afford to japa now, don’t think of going for holiday abroad because data not the ultimate japa goal. Run to the UK now. Go and face ur uncertainties there. Don’t risk it here

4 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by OBTOREPA(m): 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2022
Take the 620k job and do online MSC.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2022
sukkot:
thats nothing .i know someone taking home 5 million naira monthly at etisalat

IT is like the hot job now, what online business is that
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Gentlevip: 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2022
What is UK exactly

You still dey prioritize.
Typical ajebota wey dey form knowing a little of ghetto

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Stormtrooper11(m): 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2022
klawaaa:
So joining America Army, is a juicy offer?

Yeah, it is. After all, my country only admitted Generals kids into theirs and let others waste. Cut this talk. We both know corruption exists everywhere but it's near zero level in saner climes.

Nigeria may work for you, but the States or UK might work for me. I can't keep wasting my time for a country that doesn't give two bleeps about me.

Blacks fare better there than in their African homelands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

One Bumpy Semester Made Him Drop Out Of School, Now He’s A Cattle Seller / Mechanical Engineers Forum / Amarachi Okafor, UNIZIK Student Painter Attracts Government Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.