Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! (1111 Views)

What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Why Heaven Is No Longer My Target / For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Maynman: 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2022
Yes hell is in gehenna, jerusalem.

What you mean heaven which means sky? or you mean paradise, which one?
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Wilgrea7(m): 7:51am On Aug 21, 2022
Tb222:
it says in his Word the book of romans ch 9 :15-18 " For he saith to Moses I will have mercy on whom i will have mercy, and i will have compassion on whom i will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this purpose have I raised thee up, that i might shew my power in thee, so that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy,and whom he will he hardeneth.

I think you missed my point. Quoting from your book does not count as evidence for your hell

1 Like

Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Wilgrea7(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted!
He didn't quote any book rather he said:

So it's based on what some people told him and of course misinterpretation of what Bible really teach because God's word never said there is any form of life elsewhere apart from heaven and earth {Genesis 1:1} anyone who has lost the privilege of being in either of these two places has returned to non-existence where there's no life nor knowledge of any kind! Ecclesiastes 9:5-10

I've looked at NDEs... A lot of them. I'd even go as far as to say they played a role in my deconversion.

The vast majority of NDEs don't resemble anything like what he's claiming. So are the vast majority then wrong?

Also, i find it intriguing that the people who ever always see an afterlife like the fire brimstone or whatever hell christians promote.. are people who have heard about it before.

I've never seen a person who has never heard about Christ, or Christianity, or it's version of hell.. reporting an NDE based on the Christian concept

1 Like

Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:52am On Aug 21, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I've looked at NDEs... A lot of them. I'd even go as far as to say they played a role in my deconversion. The vast majority of NDEs don't resemble anything like what he's claiming. So are the vast majority then wrong? Also, i find it intriguing that the people who ever always see an afterlife like the fire brimstone or whatever hell christians promote.. are people who have heard about it before. I've never seen a person who has never heard about Christ, or Christianity, or it's version of hell.. reporting an NDE based on the Christian concept

They have done nothing good but led you astray!
Do they have answers to questions like:
Where do we come from?
How did we get here?
What are we doing here?
What happens when we die?
Where are our dead loved ones?
Why so much suffering and sickness?
Why so much injustice?
Why do we grow old and die?

None of these questions can they find answer satisfactorily, hence they carry you far away from one discomfort zone to another then dump you there to for uncertainty!

1 Like

Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Wilgrea7(m): 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

They have done nothing good but led you astray!
Do they have answers to questions like:
Where do we come from?

Not a clue

How did we get here?

No idea

What are we doing here?

I haven't the slightest clue

What happens when we die?

Only one way to find out my guy

Where are our dead loved ones?

Certainly not here

Why so much suffering and sickness?

I don't know... Humans? Nature? A combination of both?

Why so much injustice?

Humans

Why do we grow old and die?

Nature?

None of these questions can they find answer to satisfactorily, hence they carry you far away from one discomfort zone to another then dump you there to for uncertainty!

1. Who exactly is “they"
2. I'm more than open to finding the answers to these questions.. but if someone claims to know the answers, they need to prove it
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:00pm On Aug 21, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I'm more than open to finding the answers to these questions.. but if someone claims to know the answers, they need to prove it
The one and only person who claims He have all the answers is God and He arranged for a book known as Bible so this book is like a letter to all mankind.
So stop deceiving yourself those studying the Bible never claim they have the answers rather they found out that the Author of this book surely have all the answers.
Why? Because He answered 80% with proof then asked us to trust Him so we can get answers to the remaining 20% later.

1 Like

Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Maynman: 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2022
Jargons
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Tb222(m): 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I've looked at NDEs... A lot of them. I'd even go as far as to say they played a role in my deconversion.

The vast majority of NDEs don't resemble anything like what he's claiming. So are the vast majority then wrong?

Also, i find it intriguing that the people who ever always see an afterlife like the fire brimstone or whatever hell christians promote.. are people who have heard about it before.

I've never seen a person who has never heard about Christ, or Christianity, or it's version of hell.. reporting an NDE based on the Christian concept

You are wrong, Howard storm was an atheist, we have a lot of atheist who have an an Nde experience, and had been to hell .
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2022
Tb222:
You are wrong, Howard storm was an atheist, we have a lot of atheist who have an an Nde experience, and had been to hell .
But according to Jesus Christ, except a man be born-again, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 5 - 8 - either via the Broad gate that leads toward Hell or the Narrow gate that leads toward Heaven - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14. This claim of yours that atheists, those who don't even believe in Jesus Christ, have experienced Hell, contravenes the very declarations made by Jesus Christ regarding Hell which is a part of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Tb222(m): 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But according to Jesus Christ, except a man be born-again, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 5 - 8 - either via the Broad gate that leads toward Hell or the Narrow gate that leads toward Heaven - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14. This claim of yours that atheists, those who don't even believe in Jesus Christ, have experienced Hell, contravenes the very declarations made by Jesus Christ regarding Hell which is a part of the Kingdom of God. undecided
No Sir, Hell is not and can never be a part of God's kingdom , Hell is strictly the total absence of God, God has chosen in his onfinite power and mercy to allow certain people to get a glimpse of that eternal place of horror,
God is merciful and he sometimes want to have our attention, this atheists who were once haters of the gospel and of Christ himself have had their lives changed forever and have become vibrant proclaimers of the gospel of Christ, that is a living proof of the workings of Christ.
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2022
Tb222:
1. No Sir, Hell is not and can never be a part of God's kingdom , Hell is strictly the total absence of God, God has chosen in his onfinite power and mercy to allow certain people to get a glimpse of that eternal place of horror,

2. God is merciful and he sometimes want to have our attention, this atheists who were once haters of the gospel and of Christ himself have had their lives changed forever and have become vibrant proclaimers of the gospel of Christ, that is a living proof of the workings of Christ.
1. Hell is not a part of the Kingdom of God yet the gate that leads to Hell can only be entered into by those who believe - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 and Luke 13 vs 22 - 30?

Jesus Christ also explained that He is King over Heaven and over Hell - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 - He is King over a Kingdom that is not of this world or which both Heaven and Hell are a part of, so are you insinuating Jesus Christ must have lied when He stated this? undecided

You claim Hell is the total absence of God, How so? undecided

2. You claim God is merciful and sometimes wants to have our attention, are you suggesting then that God, in violation that Jesus Christ's decree to you, sometimes lets those who don't even believe in Jesus Christ to enter into Heaven and Hell? In that case, can we really believe that Jesus Christ is God's Truth to begin with? undecided
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Tb222(m): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Hell is not a part of the Kingdom of God yet the gate that leads to Hell can only be entered into by those who believe - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 and Luke 13 vs 22 - 30?

Jesus Christ also explained that He is King over Heaven and over Hell - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 - He is King over a Kingdom that is not of this world or which both Heaven and Hell are a part of, so are you insinuating Jesus Christ must have lied when He stated this? undecided

2. You claim God is merciful and sometimes wants to have our attention, are you suggesting then that God, in violation that Jesus Christ's decree to you, sometimes lets those who don't even believe in Jesus Christ to enter into Heaven and Hell? In that case, can we really believe that Jesus Christ is God's Truth to begin with? undecided
Mark 9:47 " And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out : for it is better for it is better for thee to enter the kingdom of God having one eye than having two eyes to be cast into the Lake of Fire".
1 Corinthians 6:9 " Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not decieved neither fornicators, nor idolaters ,nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind".
1 Corinthians 15:50 " Nor theives nor covetous, nor drunkards nor revilers , nor extortioners shall inherit the Kingdom of God.
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Aug 21, 2022
Tb222:

Mark 9:47 " And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out : for it is better for it is better for thee to enter the kingdom of God having one eye than having two eyes to be cast into the Lake of Fire".
1 Corinthians 6:9 " Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not decieved neither fornicators, nor idolaters ,nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind".
1 Corinthians 15:50 " Nor theives nor covetous, nor drunkards nor revilers , nor extortioners shall inherit the Kingdom of God.
Why do you folks resort to posting randomly obtained verses when confronted with the Truth of God? Which one of the scriptures above answers any of the questions I asked? undecided

2. You claim God is merciful and sometimes wants to have our attention, are you suggesting then that God, in violation that Jesus Christ's decree to you, sometimes lets those who don't even believe in Jesus Christ enter into Heaven and Hell? In that case, can we really believe that Jesus Christ is God's Truth, to begin with? undecided
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Wilgrea7(m): 11:55pm On Aug 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The one and only person who claims He have all the answers is God

Which one?

and He arranged for a book known as Bible so this book is like a letter to all mankind.

I highly doubt that.

So stop deceiving yourself those studying the Bible never claim they have the answers rather they found out that the Author of this book surely have all the answers.
Why? Because He answered 80% with proof then asked us to trust Him so we can get answers to the remaining 20% later.

Before you claim that a book was inspired by someone, or written by someone, you need to first prove the existence of said person. But I'm not sure i want to take this thread in that direction.

Also, what 80% did your God, as you claim answer? And please, I'm begging you.. don't start making this about peace and demilitarization and whatnot.. because I sincerely do not have the energy for that.
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Wilgrea7(m): 12:07am On Aug 22, 2022
Tb222:

This doesn't negate my point. I said I've never seen or heard of someone, who never heard of Christ, or Christianity, having an NDE relating to the christian concept.

The person you mentioned was an atheist, in America. A country that's predominantly christian. He already has knowledge of the Christian doctrine. Even in the story of his NDE, he was reciting bible verses. So he doesn't fit the criteria.

Plus, his NDE story involves a vision about america, and how it needed to be more "Spiritual" to avoid certain disasters.. Seems a little too convenient. I'm not denouncing his experience. But it seems to be rather heavily influenced by his environment.

So I'll say it again. Show me someone, who has never heard of Christ (whether they were currently christian at the time doesn't matter), but had an NDE in line with the christian concept of the afterlife. I'll wait
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 12:44am On Aug 22, 2022
Wilgrea7:

This doesn't negate my point. I said I've never seen or heard of someone, who never heard of Christ, or Christianity, having an NDE relating to the christian concept.

The person you mentioned was an atheist, in America. A country that's predominantly christian. He already has knowledge of the Christian doctrine. Even in the story of his NDE, he was reciting bible verses. So he doesn't fit the criteria.

Plus, his NDE story involves a vision about america, and how it needed to be more "Spiritual" to avoid certain disasters.. Seems a little too convenient. I'm not denouncing his experience. But it seems to be rather heavily influenced by his environment.

So I'll say it again. Show me someone, who has never heard of Christ (whether they were currently christian at the time doesn't matter), but had an NDE in line with the christian concept of the afterlife. I'll wait

Welcome back @wilgrea7
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by 43Ronin: 1:50am On Aug 22, 2022
Now the issue I have with hell is this. Nowhere in the torah is Hell mentioned. Note hades is different from hell. The Jews believed in heaven and hades(a place where souls wait after death) its only in the new testament that hell is mentioned which is probably transliteration.
Also Angels, archons were created by yahwe from the fire. If dey were created from fire, how can fire kill them kiss
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:40am On Aug 22, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Which one?
I highly doubt that.
Before you claim that a book was inspired by someone, or written by someone, you need to first prove the existence of said person. But I'm not sure i want to take this thread in that direction.
Also, what 80% did your God, as you claim answer? And please, I'm begging you.. don't start making this about peace and demilitarization and whatnot.. because I sincerely do not have the energy for that.
The one and only way to prove the existence of the invisible is EFFECT but when you don't want to deal with the fact that it's not all things you can see with ordinary eyes then it's OK! cheesy

No matter how much you try you can't format GOD from the hearts of humans because there is GOD, all you will continue to do here is arguing and arguing and arguing! grin

1 Like

Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Tb222(m): 7:04am On Aug 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
grin

Africans and their obsession with Satan. You would even think their belief revolves more around Satan and not God. undecided
I sincerely appreciate your effort, God is love and God is infinitely and above every and anything he has ever created.
It says in his word in the book of Romans 3:4 "God forbid:Let God be true,but every man a liar, as it is written, That Thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
I would love to have your whatsapp number, and by the grace of Christ, through his Word share some important messages with you.
God bless you mightily.
Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Maynman: 7:35am On Aug 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
grin

Africans and their obsession with Satan. You would even think their belief revolves more around Satan and not God. undecided

Satan is a title not a person.
If you have knowledge of your religion you’ll know that Yahweh is Yaldaboath and also head of satans
You should look up on the origin of the word hell, it seems the “hellgate” is in west Jerusalem grin grin
But don’t worry, iesus chrestus is coming soon Bwahahahah

Just keep on worshipping middle east gods grin

Re: Heaven Is Real ! Hell Is Real ! by Wilgrea7(m): 11:22am On Aug 22, 2022
1stSonOfLucifer:

Welcome back @wilgrea7

Thank you kind sir cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Lord Gave Me A Vision / Vatican: Excommunication For Female Priests / Are Miracles Selective?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.