Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional (15970 Views)

Kano Court ‘ Sentences’ Chicken To Death In Kano / I Spent N60m On Ummukulsum – Chinese Man Who Killed His Lover Tells Kano Court / Sharif-Aminu Blasphemy: Appeal Court Postpones Hearing Of Kano Musician’s Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by isan(m): 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2022
Are you not a Muslim ? Why can't you answer the question ?
ShaqFu:
This question of yours is left for the poor Muslims to ask Muslim leaders.
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by Spandau: 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2022
Difrent:

LIES
Sharia Law does not apply to non muslims....if you say otherwise give just one instance where a non muslim is subjected to sharia law.
Sharia Law does not apply to non muslims

Say whatever you want but we will not be caught with our pants down.
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by ShaqFu: 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2022
isan:
Are you not a Muslim ? Why can't you answer the question ?
I'm not a muslim. Why do you even assume I'm a muslim?
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by isan(m): 2:42pm On Aug 20, 2022
Your name of course
ShaqFu:
I'm not a muslim. Why do you even assume I'm a muslim?
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by Wwwq: 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by AntiChristian: 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2022
JOemmy:

Stop wasting the lives of innocent people there are several natural consequences of spilling the blood of the innocent in ur land the real God doesn't support this barbarity.

See how your Bible described God with Moses below in Numbers!

Numbers 31:17-18
So now, kill all the boys, as well as every woman who has had relations with a man, but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.

All boys/men are killed.

All women who had previously had sex were killed. (I still wonder what instrument was used to do this- Sexometer or Vaginometer)

Only virgins were spared!

Numbers 31:35
and 32,000 women who had not slept with a man.

How was this known? Will they have to open them up and use a speculum as in HVS test or what?

Yahweh gets a share of 32 Virgins!
Numbers 31:40
and 16,000 people, including a tribute to the LORD of 32.

No doubt, God is not the author of confusion or nonsense!
Far is He from what they ascribed to Him.
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2022
Magnumproperty:

Learn to comprehend before replying. This your response should be for the guy I quoted and not me. We are actually on the same page
Okay
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by JOemmy(m): 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2022
AntiChristian:

So now, kill all the boys, as well as every woman who has had relations with a man, but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.

All boys/men are killed.

All women who had previously had sex were killed. (I still wonder what instrument was used to do this- Sexometer or Vaginometer)

How was this known? Will they have to open them up and use a speculum as in HVS test or what?

These are quotes from the old testament no believer follows all these instructions anymore even the Jews that still practices Judaism don't follow it so what's ur point?
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:26pm On Aug 20, 2022
JOemmy:

These are quotes from the old testament no believer follows all these instructions anymore even the Jews that still practices Judaism don't follow it so what's ur point?
please Sir pardon his manners, their holy book stopped only at old testament, no new testament there, the reason he is perpetually stuck in the old testament. He keeps on dwelling on the old testament verses.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by JOemmy(m): 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:
please Sir pardon his manners, their holy book stopped only at old testament, no new testament there, the reason he is perpetually stuck in the old testament. He keeps on dwelling on the old testament verses.

It's really a pity they're just stuck in the primitive ancient past with no way out.
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by Typewriter(m): 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2022
I have told the Nigerian people that our lawyers are weaklings if not cowards there is so many laws that contradict themselves in operation or on implementations.

If you as a Christian the Holy Bible tells you to see no other name above Jesus. (Luke 19:27)
you as a Muslim the Quran tells you to see no other name above Mohammed
and the traditionalist gods tells them to see Mohammed and Jesus as no body above their gods, be it god of thunder, fire, river, tree or graven. sculptured or molded images

and the Nigerian constitution guaranteed all of them freedom of religion, is that not conflict of the highest order?
we just have to remove all capital punishments from those religious laws and apply or operate them only in state matters like aggravated rape, armed robbery, murder, massive looting, grand piracy, espionage, rebellion against the state (coup d'etat ) and deadly terrorisms or war crimes which are capital crimes finish.

the religions should wait for life after death to sentence those that offended God, Allah, gods and the other prophets. they should be told to allow the God or gods to kill the persons by themselves, since they as spirits that have infinite powers to so do.

its on wise to kill just for what you believe, you can be wrong tomorrow. because no one living or has died and came back to tell us what he saw in life after death with proves for is to know convincedly.

let me explain.
1. We know our brothers or sisters because we witness or know who witnessed their births but we believe in Angels because we have no physical evidence or witness that they exist. rather some believe they talk to them and others disbelieve talking to them.

2. we all know [/b]when we are hungry we must eat to feel okay it has been proven and it can still be proven 100% all the time.
However, we can only [b]believe [/b]tomorrow will be good for us but we are not sure and it cannot be proven with 100% assurance.

3. if I ask any religious person to show me a proof in material time and with consistency what God will do tomorrow or next week
they will fail. Because their believe systems works within faith and only fate mandates [b]no assurances.

4. Since the courts System and our Constitution won't entertain prophetic, spiritual, witchcrafts or JuJu claims it is only wise to stop killings in the name of God, gods or under any religious disguise.

5. If a prophet had a dream and wake up and tell us that God said to him this or that are we all going to take his dream and act?
hell no! the same reason all the prophets were not totally received by the people of their time, it's has always been that way.

6. We know science because it has proves and even gave rooms for corrections, improvements or modifications when it fails sometimes but religious believes does not improve or take corrections because the prophecy and the prophets are believed to be right always even when we know its wrong we can't alter their claims even a bit.

7. There is no room for common sense or pure logical reasoning to the issues of religion. yet you must like it and take it as it is basis.

8. The only good thing is that most of the major global religion of this world have told its' followers to obey their earthly Authorities first. This is to help govern men with physicals laws that requires proves and consistency to operate in harmony.

in fact it must be taught in schools so that our future generations will understand religion as a believe system and as a personal virtue not a make believe to deceive people. when 96% of these religious faithful are living far below the expectation of their religion and now have the right to kill whomever they wish under useless blasphemy or as an unbeliever, so wrong inhumane and [b]unGODLY [/b]too.

Qur'an, According to Shemeem Burney Abbas, the Qur'an mentions many examples of disbelievers ridiculing and mocking Muhammad, but never commands him to punish those who mocked him. Instead, the Qur'an asks Muhammad to leave the punishment of blasphemy to God, and that there would be justice in the afterlife.
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2022
Wahala
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2022
Olatemiseeni24:

Onisoriire
May Allah punish u for this
Sorry you know nothing about Allah. Your belief is only a mans imagination, nothing more.
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 20, 2022
AntiChristian:

All boys/men are killed.

You were there when all these happened right?
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by AntiChristian: 5:39am On Aug 21, 2022
Skankamola:

You were there when all these happened right?

I no dey there o! Na Bible talk am o!

Same way they call all Muslims violent. Na to call their God violent too!
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by AntiChristian: 6:26am On Aug 21, 2022
JOemmy:

Where did I say it was followed?

At least your God was murderous and violent back then before he changed in the new testament.

But your God said He never changes?
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by Kokaine(m): 11:49am On Aug 21, 2022
newbornmacho:

And you're not worried that this is the case in a secular country? You a youth? I'm shocked
You guys always deviate from a topic just to hold arguments.
So if i advice people not to travel at night from maiduguri to mungono, it should be something shock inspiring as well. Stating the obvious causes shock only to people who leave reality and dwell on dreams. Don't wait under bridges in abuja at night. Please be shocked by this
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by Kokaine(m): 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2022
monex:

Religion by itself necessitates Blasphemy as your truth is not my truth and thus might be considered blasphemous.

Denying the divinity of Jesus is considered blasphemous in Christianity.

The guy is a Tijaniyyah which has some doctrinal differences with mainstream Sufism or Wahhabism hence the chances of blasphemy increase

An Ahmadiyya would consider the Prophet Muhammed to not be the last of the prophets. Most other Islamic sects would consider that to be blasphemous.

A Christian would not even consider Prophet Mohammed to be a prophet.

Capital punishment for blasphemy has no place in a modern society
Yes but still read what i wrote. Don't add a brain twister to this simple thing.

Disbelieving or stating your belief is not what we are talking about. Its your belief. Insulting revered personalities is the case under our microscope here. Trying to expand the compass to disbelief is not necessary because it has and may never be a problem. I have never heard that any fight broke out in kano or kaduna because a Christian said jesus is lord or anything of it.

The problem has always been desecration of things other people hold in high esteem. Don't be deceived it will happen anywhere. People will react in america if their heroes are disrespected. The degree of reaction will only vary with the level of poverty and general position of the law in that country with respect to non state elements wielding the powers to take decisions meant for designated state elements. Its still the case with stealing in lagos market. Its wrong to kill the thieves in the eyes of Nigerian laws, but the people who do it will not agree with you or your views.
Reactions vary everywhere. From ignoring the person, to silently hating him/her to open violent attack. And everyone will find justification for whatever course of action he takes. But then, the person is dead.

Please read this statement carefully before you respond so you do not automatically infer that anyone is defending a lawless state. The underlined cores here are; in a place where the justice system is moribund, what do you do in your own little effort to forestall a suburban meltdown of peace? Since you know the markets and streets are filled with druggies who actually have nothing to loose if a fight broke out? Simply avoid doing things that stir these reactions especially when avoiding them do not threaten your existence in any way, or infringe on your right.

I do not have Christian friends who insult me or my religion. They were raised up properly. Neither do i attack people who do these things. And so can be said by millions of people in the north. But this does not rule out the fact that it happens. It doesn't rule out the fact that there are people who will deliberately insult others or pull strings they know are capable of inciting a civil unrest in all regions, neither does it out rule the fact that there are those who are ready to kill for it. They can kill ordinarily in a fight for 100naira change. So their ability or readiness to kill is not constrained to the cause its self, but a function of who they already are /were before the event.
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

I no dey there o! Na Bible talk am o!

Same way they call all Muslims violent. Na to call their God violent too!

Oga all of us have sinned against God/Allah at one time or another, let God/Allah be the One to judge us, not we sinners killing other sinners for sining differently in the name of lesser sin and greater sin.

Imagine someone sleeps with your wife without anyone knowing stoning you to death for adultery or cutting your left hand for stealing goat from market. Is it not hypocrisy and unjust?

Sin is sin, evil is evil, there is no in-between.
Re: Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional by monex(m): 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2022
Kokaine:

Yes but still read what i wrote. Don't add a brain twister to this simple thing.

Disbelieving or stating your belief is not what we are talking about. Its your belief. Insulting revered personalities is the case under our microscope here. Trying to expand the compass to disbelief is not necessary because it has and may never be a problem. I have never heard that any fight broke out in kano or kaduna because a Christian said jesus is lord or anything of it.

The problem has always been desecration of things other people hold in high esteem. Don't be deceived it will happen anywhere. People will react in america if their heroes are disrespected. The degree of reaction will only vary with the level of poverty and general position of the law in that country with respect to non state elements wielding the powers to take decisions meant for designated state elements. Its still the case with stealing in lagos market. Its wrong to kill the thieves in the eyes of Nigerian laws, but the people who do it will not agree with you or your views.
Reactions vary everywhere. From ignoring the person, to silently hating him/her to open violent attack. And everyone will find justification for whatever course of action he takes. But then, the person is dead.

Please read this statement carefully before you respond so you do not automatically infer that anyone is defending a lawless state. The underlined cores here are; in a place where the justice system is moribund, what do you do in your own little effort to forestall a suburban meltdown of peace? Since you know the markets and streets are filled with druggies who actually have nothing to loose if a fight broke out? Simply avoid doing things that stir these reactions especially when avoiding them do not threaten your existence in any way, or infringe on your right .

I do not have Christian friends who insult me or my religion. They were raised up properly. Neither do i attack people who do these things. And so can be said by millions of people in the north. But this does not rule out the fact that it happens. It doesn't rule out the fact that there are people who will deliberately insult others or pull strings they know are capable of inciting a civil unrest in all regions, neither does it out rule the fact that there are those who are ready to kill for it. They can kill ordinarily in a fight for 100naira change. So their ability or readiness to kill is not constrained to the cause its self, but a function of who they already are /were before the event.

I will do what is necessary to avoid evil coming my way. However, in event that someone else failed to do what was necessary to avoid the evil coming their way, I wont deliberately confuse the victim for the evil doer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Fronts Wife As Sister To Dupe A Lady N1.9m / Kano Hisbah Arrests 52 Tricycle Riders For ‘Immoral Haircuts’ / U.S Returnee Accuses Lagos Policeman Of Threatening Him With A Cult Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.