Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,584 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Can Someone Change Both Name + Surname In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Someone Change Both Name + Surname In Nigeria? (779 Views)

Why Would Someone Change From A Humble/religious Person To An Attention Seeker? / Husband Fills Wife's Car With Concrete After She Changed Her Surname For Job / Bride Left In Confusing Situation As Husband’s Surname Is Her First Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Change Both Name + Surname In Nigeria? by Deicide: 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2022
Is it possible? And how would that affect the rest of your documents?

Have someone done this before, please I need insight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Change Both Name + Surname In Nigeria? by Deicide: 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2022
Aishat08525:
Aerial Travel and Tours
is Mr Bello your husband
Re: Can Someone Change Both Name + Surname In Nigeria? by Sammy07: 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2022
Deicide:
Is it possible? And how would that affect the rest of your documents?

Have someone done this before, please I need insight.

Yes, you can.

First go to court and do affidavit,

Do newspaper publications

Go to hospitals and obtain another birth certificate

Take your NIN alongside your newly birth certificate to accredited NIMC office, they'll collect your nin and do modifications for you (Take maximum of 4k or 5k, it depends on state where you dey live, some states na #2,700,)

Take your nin to bank alongside your newspaper publication, and let them correct it on your BVN

That's all.
If other documents like waec cert, NYSC certificate, etc has the previous names, don't worry, court affidavit and newspaper is superior to it.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Change Both Name + Surname In Nigeria? by Deicide: 1:49pm On Aug 20, 2022
Sammy07:

Yes, you can.

First go to court and do affidavit,

Do newspaper publications

Go to hospitals and obtain another birth certificate

Take your NIN alongside your newly birth certificate to accredited NIMC office, they'll collect your nin and do modifications for you (Take maximum of 4k or 5k, it depends on state where you dey live, some states na #2,700,)

Take your nin to bank alongside your newspaper publication, and let them correct it on your BVN

That's all.
If other documents like waec cert, NYSC certificate, etc has the previous names, don't worry, court affidavit and newspaper is superior to it.
Do you have an estimate on how much everything would cost? e go pass 50k?

Any hospital can give birth certificate?
Re: Can Someone Change Both Name + Surname In Nigeria? by VeryWickedMan: 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2022
If Tinubu did why can't you

Re: Can Someone Change Both Name + Surname In Nigeria? by Sammy07: 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2022
Deicide:
Do you have an estimate on how much everything would cost? e go pass 50k?

Any hospital can give birth certificate?

It shouldn't pass 20k
(depends on ur state of residence)
Re: Can Someone Change Both Name + Surname In Nigeria? by Deicide: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2022
Sammy07:

It shouldn't pass 20k
(depends on ur state of residence)
Ok thanks
Re: Can Someone Change Both Name + Surname In Nigeria? by Tboymessiah(m): 10:28am On Aug 24, 2022
Deicide:
Ok thanks

I did mine, but the problem will be when u want to change ur bvn....

The bank will ask u for police report for changing all ur name they will think may be u have done one criminal offence
Re: Can Someone Change Both Name + Surname In Nigeria? by Deicide: 10:30am On Aug 24, 2022
Tboymessiah:

I did mine, but the problem will be when u want to change ur bvn....

The bank will ask u for police report for changing all ur name they will think may be u have done one criminal offence
So if your BVN is changed successfully, would the new name reflect on all Banks?
Re: Can Someone Change Both Name + Surname In Nigeria? by Tboymessiah(m): 10:59am On Aug 24, 2022
Deicide:
So if your BVN is changed successfully, would the new name reflect on all Banks?

You will then go back to the bank and do change of name.

I registered my BVN at UBA, but I don't have account with them.

I have account 2 other banks so I went to one of my bank to change it but the other bank I haven't visited the bank cus I don't really use the account.
Re: Can Someone Change Both Name + Surname In Nigeria? by Deicide: 11:46am On Aug 24, 2022
Tboymessiah:

You will then go back to the bank and do change of name.

I registered my BVN at UBA, but I don't have account with them.

I have account 2 other banks so I went to one of my bank to change it but the other bank I haven't visited the bank cus I don't really use the account.
Ok, Omo this Na stress o but it's not that bad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Give Out Sure 2 Odds Everyday! / Le@ked S3xy Video Of Sandra Anthony – [WATC] / +18: How She Activated My Mumu Button [Men Only]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.