Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion - Nairaland / General (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion (33092 Views)

The Roundtable Lekki 2023 Is Here Again. / What Are Those Bad Habits Or Things You See People Do?(discussion Thread) / The Biggest Online Discussion Forum In Ghana Goes Live.check it out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by CHoccolaTE: 11:52pm On Jan 19, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Lemme mention Cococ. andy, Hatho. r5, and CHoccolaTE here.

I am GLEEFULLY eager to read their takes. cheesy

I wish I know some other feminist monikers off the top of my head easily to cc here lol.

Magnolia well done oo, you have succeeded in raising my BP this night angry,
see the kind of annoyance I was feeling while reading the mumuish comments about taking permission those women were writing.

Sometimes I wonder whether some women actually enjoy being dominated and treated like crap by men. Maybe they actually like it, maybe they are attracted to men who have no respect for them because I cannot wrap my head around this kind of foolishness.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Magnoliaa(f): 9:26am On Jan 20, 2023
CHoccolaTE:
Magnolìa well done oo, you have succeeded in raising my BP this night angry,
see the kind of annoyance I was feeling while reading the mumuish comments about taking permission those women were writing.

Pele, my dear. grin grin

But looking back now, I feel it is necessary to mention so as we are all seeing the ******* comments, it'll be strengthening our resolve as Feminist Sisters.

Sometimes I wonder whether some women actually enjoy being dominated and treated like crap by men.

Some may; some may not.

One thing just is certain that- conditioning runs through in all of them.

Maybe they actually like it, maybe they are attracted to men who have no respect for them because I cannot wrap my head around this kind of foolishness.

You must have kuku seen some redpillers, bragging with this fact that it has turned to a circular self-fulfilling prophesy.

The women that are currently with bad boys will be used as examples of why bad men get the women, then more men start acting bad and new ladies in turn go for them because they believe those kind of men are the best men.

The generalization may be annoying, but when those guys are talking about (those) women not knowing better and being with nonsense guys, it is exactly these kind of women that are lending a factual credence to their opinions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by cococandy(f): 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2023
Well said.

To add to this, It’s actually irresponsible to leave the home without telling anyone where you’re going, who you’re going with and how long you plan to be there. Not in this climate of human trafficking and organ harvesting.

The topic is appearing controversial because they believe only women need to be accountable to the men and the men are free to do whatever they want to. That’s how Nigerian husbands conduct themselves. Like lords without partners who share responsibilities with them.

If the conversation were to be balanced and we say married people need to run things by each other to make sure their partners are okay with it, nobody would be arguing because we can all see that it’s the perfectly sensible and responsible thing to do.

I don’t go anywhere out of the ordinary (work, shopping, family appointments etc) without telling my husband first. Not because I need his permission but because he has to know I can’t be available at whatever time that is and as such prepare himself to be available for the kids and to look out for me in case I don’t make it back safely on time.

And he does the EXACT same!

pocohantas:
Now to the topic…

I do not see a problem with a woman taking PERMISSION from her man/husband to do certain things or go to certain places.

I’ll be lying if I say I do not do it. I have stopped wearing some things and stopped hangouts with my colleagues because “he” didn’t like it. It is normal and it could be healthy as no one is perfect and sometimes your partner helps check excesses. I also tell him before I make some expenses. Major expenses, not 2k, 10k stuff.

As a woman, I won’t allow my man go watch football by 10pm at a bar. Majorly for security reasons. So your reason for stopping your partner from going somewhere should make sense and not an ego trip.

The problem I have with Nigerian men is that they abuse every power given to them. They singlehandedly spoilt the definition and concept of submission. Now it is permission. Give them an inch and they’ll take a mile. Throw in submission, obey, respect, virtuous, good wife, etc and you would look like a villain for “disobeying”.

Stopping a woman from going to see her family or friends is plain senseless. That is why many married women are depressed. Asides doing school run, they have no single life and existence to themselves.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:42pm On Jan 20, 2023
Concerning the Permission issue we were discussing yesterday.

The ladies of Your View gave their insight and it was interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN4Cue9sJ7E

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:53pm On Jan 20, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Thank you!

Like, for reallllll.

That's it.

These women are even IGNORANT of how wrong and abusive their situations are.

This topic particularly for me is a major eye-opener to how women are the BIGGEST gate-keepers of patriarchy.

I have read things today that needs me to wash my eyes with bleach, 'cause whaaat.
What I find odd is when they say take advice from married women including the ones being abused and they don't know it.

grin grin
Una dooh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On Jan 20, 2023
AmazonTopaz:
Concerning the Permission issue we were discussing yesterday. The ladies of Your View gave their insight and it was interesting.
Do there husbands also obtain permission from them in the marriage or is it only these women who seek such things? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Magnoliaa(f): 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2023
AmazonTopaz:
Concerning the Permission issue we were discussing yesterday.

The ladies of Your View gave their insight and it was interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN4Cue9sJ7E

I'll watch it later.

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do there husbands also obtain permission from them in the marriage or is it only these women who seek such things? undecided
Only women
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Hathor5(f): 8:36am On Jan 21, 2023
cococandy:

Unfortunately I don’t have twitter. Are there screenshots?

Seconded. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Hathor5(f): 8:37am On Jan 21, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Lemme mention Cococandy, Hathor5, and CHoccolaTE here.

I am GLEEFULLY eager to read their takes. cheesy

I wish I know some other feminist monikers off the top of my head easily to cc here lol.

Don't have twitter like Coco.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Magnoliaa(f): 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2023
Hathor5:

Don't have twitter like Coco.

Amazon has shared some screenshots.

And that YouTube video addressed it too.

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Hathor5(f): 6:45am On Jan 23, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Amazon has shared some screenshots.

And that YouTube video addressed it too.

I saw the screenshots. The men some women are married to ... One of them said that her husband will first agree and then cancel it last minute. I don't even know what to say about it. Is he deliberately mean?

But I don't know why the topic is about permission. As husband and wife you coordinate and organize your schedules together. It goes both ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by cococandy(f): 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2023
Hathor5:

I saw the screenshots. The men some women are married to ... One of them said that her husband will first agree and then cancel it last minute. I don't even know what to say about it. Is he deliberately mean?

But I don't know why the topic is about permission. As husband and wife you coordinate and organize your schedules together. It goes both ways.

They are making it about permission because it’s not really about grown ups coordinating themselves to run a family together . It’s about treating the women like kids whose husbands can act like their parents and decide if they are allowed to leave the house and where they can or can’t go.

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by CHoccolaTE: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2023
Magnoliaa:

But looking back now, I feel it is necessary to mention so as we are all seeing the ******* comments, it'll be strengthening our resolve as Feminist Sisters.

Yeah mehn👊👊👊
Feminist for laiveee!!!, ✔️✔️✔️

Some may; some may not.

A lot of them definitely like it. The feminism movement is strong online only ojare, I have heard so many girls/women make statements that indicate they want men to 'dominate' them.
I will not knock it, it's their choice 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Every adult is free to choose the kind of relationship and lifestyle that best suits them ✌️✌️
But for women that want to relate as equals eg myself, it's necessary for us to remind men that all women should not be forced into subjugation because some people like it. 🍷

One thing just is certain that- conditioning runs through in all of them.

Most definitely 👌👍

You must have kuku seen some redpillers, bragging with this fact that it has turned to a circular self-fulfilling prophesy.

The women that are currently with bad boys will be used as examples of why bad men get the women, then more men start acting bad and new ladies in turn go for them because they believe those kind of men are the best men.

I really have nothing against the ones that don't like feminist lifestyle, life is not black and white and everyone cannot like the same thing ☯️✡️🕉️☮️

Choii, all these Emojis go hear am for my hand for this nairaland ✈️✈️✈️

2 Likes

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Hathor5(f): 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2023
cococandy:

They are making it about permission because it’s not really about grown ups coordinating themselves to run a family together . It’s about treating the women like kids whose husbands can act like their parents and decide if they are allowed to leave the house and where they can or can’t go.

Fragile egos flexing muscles with their wives. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 7:01am On Jan 26, 2023
Happy Birthday to our fellow pinkpiller, Barr. Teespice . God's blessings upon your head. 💜💜💜

2 Likes

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by cococandy(f): 11:28am On Jan 26, 2023
Happy birthday Teespice kiss

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Teespice(f): 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2023
folake4u:
Happy Birthday to our fellow pinkpiller, Barr. Teespice . God's blessings upon your head. 💜💜💜

Amen my darling.

Thank you so much for the wishes.

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Teespice(f): 2:15pm On Jan 26, 2023
cococandy:
Happy birthday Teespice kiss

Thank you sweets.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 2:24pm On Jan 26, 2023
Teespice:

Amen my darling.

Thank you so much for the wishes.

You're welcome. smiley
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Alexaonfleek: 9:01am On Jan 28, 2023
For anyone who's interested in learning software engineering from scratch at alt school africa... Free scholarship

https://twitter.com/AltSchoolAfrica/status/1618296142789513217?s=19

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
I don't know if there are different varieties to each hair. I just tired, I keep spending money unnecessarily just to have my beautiful hair back.

Hello peacefulhome. Of course, there are different varieties of African natural hair. There's the 4a, 4b, 4c and a combination type.

You need to research on the type of hair you have, and suitable hair products for it so you don't waste more money.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by peacefulhome(f): 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
folake4u:

Hello peacefulhome. Of course, there are different varieties of African natural hair. There's the 4a, 4b, 4c and a combination type.

You need to research on the type of hair you have, and suitable hair products for it so you don't waste more money.
You don't mean it? Oh God , thanks for this information. I will not cry , let me accept my faith.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 7:25am On Feb 14, 2023
peacefulhome:

You don't mean it? Oh God , thanks for this information. I will not cry , let me accept my faith.

Lol. There's no need to cry.

You just need to research on the type of hair you have. Just check Google for 4a, 4b and 4c hair type. You can also check for their pictures. You'd know where your hair falls under.

Goodluck. smiley
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by peacefulhome(f): 8:53am On Feb 14, 2023
folake4u:

Lol. There's no need to cry.

You just need to research on the type of hair you have. Just check Google for 4a, 4b and 4c hair type. You can also check for their pictures. You'd know where your hair falls under.

Goodluck. smiley

Thanks babe, I appreciate will do as you suggested.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 9:07am On Feb 14, 2023
peacefulhome:

Alright Mama. You're welcome.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 10:36pm On Feb 15, 2023
peacefulhome:

folake4u , seem I fall in type 1 . Lol, won, I know even Sabi where I belong . But this are my hair challenges
(1) Edges does not sleep
(2) hair get rough very fast, with lots of under growth
(3) hair does curl on it own , except I use some progress
(4 ) same length for all years🤣
So where do I actually belong ?

Hello ma'am. Apologies for late reply.

1. For your edges to slip, I think Eco styler gel should do the trick. Except your hair is VERY THICK.

2. Hmmm. Do you apply a leave in conditioner anytime you make your hair? Do you sleep with a satin hair bonnet? All these little little things matter.

3. My hair curls on its own too. I have rubber hair.

4. If you have the same length for years, then I'm sorry. You're not taking care of the hair properly.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by peacefulhome(f): 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2023
folake4u:

Hello ma'am. Apologies for late reply.

1. For your edges to slip, I think Eco styler gel should do the trick. Except your hair is VERY THICK.

2. Hmmm. Do you apply a leave in conditioner anytime you make your hair? Do you sleep with a satin hair bonnet? All these little little things matter.

3. My hair curls on its own too. I have rubber hair.

4. If you have the same length for years, then I'm sorry. You're not taking care of the hair properly.

(1) Will source for that.
(2) I don't in the past, but It among the new products I started using of recent . As for the satin part, capital letter NO
(3) mistake on my part. I mean to say mine doesn't curly on it own. My hair is those kind of rubber kind of.
(4) Yes I don't, na now way I chop full stomach I get time to spend on hair. Just kindly.
But actually I don't really pay attention to my hair.et me say, just few months back that I took my hair serious.

You too much folake. Thanks for the help.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 10:01pm On Feb 16, 2023
peacefulhome:

(1) Will source for that.
(2) I don't in the past, but It among the new products I started using of recent . As for the satin part, capital letter NO
(3) mistake on my part. I mean to say mine doesn't curly on it own. My hair is those kind of rubber kind of.
(4) Yes I don't, na now way I chop full stomach I get time to spend on hair. Just kindly.
But actually I don't really pay attention to my hair.et me say, just few months back that I took my hair serious.

You too much folake. Thanks for the help.

1. When buying, just sha tell the vendor the nature of your hair.

2. When your hair is dry and brittle, it will not thrive well. Leave in conditioner is important. African natural hair needs moisture.
Lol. So you sleep on your pillow with your hair scattered all over? Omo. You're trying oh.
First and foremost, you need a hair bonnet to protect your hair. When you make a fresh hair and you've applied your Leave in conditioner, when you sleep on your pillow without a hair bonnet, all the hair goodness you put on your hair scalp will be found on your pillowcase, leaving it dirty and also leaves dirt on your face.
Hair bonnet helps to retain the moisture of the hair products so your hair isn't left dry or brittle. Sleeping anyhow without the bonnet makes your hair rough on time, making it unattractive too. smiley

3. Oh okay. My hair is rubber too. It doesn't curl easily. Only the tips of my hair curl like MADDDDDDD.

4. Lol. I understand sha. E nor easy to maintain natural hair. E dey chop Money wella.

I'd advice you just start with the basics for hair care first.
A. Cleansing with shampoo. About the shampoo, make sure you don't use a shampoo that doesn't contain sulphate. It ain't good for natural hair.
B. Deep conditioning. Mega growth has a nice deep conditioner.
C. Leave in conditioning, comb hair gently with the right tool and style as desired.

You can also stretch your hair with that thread to know the exact length of your hair or check progress.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by peacefulhome(f): 10:51pm On Feb 16, 2023
folake4u:

1. When buying, just sha tell the vendor the nature of your hair.

2. When your hair is dry and brittle, it will not thrive well. Leave in conditioner is important. African natural hair needs moisture.
Lol. So you sleep on your pillow with your hair scattered all over? Omo. You're trying oh.
First and foremost, you need a hair bonnet to protect your hair. When you make a fresh hair and you've applied your Leave in conditioner, when you sleep on your pillow without a hair bonnet, all the hair goodness you put on your hair scalp will be found on your pillowcase, leaving it dirty and also leaves dirt on your face.
Hair bonnet helps to retain the moisture of the hair products so your hair isn't left dry or brittle. Sleeping anyhow without the bonnet makes your hair rough on time, making it unattractive too. smiley

3. Oh okay. My hair is rubber too. It doesn't curl easily. Only the tips of my hair curl like MADDDDDDD.

4. Lol. I understand sha. E nor easy to maintain natural hair. E dey chop Money wella.

I'd advice you just start with the basics for hair care first.
A. Cleansing with shampoo. About the shampoo, make sure you don't use a shampoo that doesn't contain sulphate. It ain't good for natural hair.
B. Deep conditioning. Mega growth has a nice deep conditioner.
C. Leave in conditioning, comb hair gently with the right tool and style as desired.

You can also stretch your hair with that thread to know the exact length of your hair or check progress.

You be better teacher. Thanks for all this tips without me paying for the service.
Will be updating you as my hair progresses .

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 11:09pm On Feb 16, 2023
peacefulhome:

You be better teacher. Thanks for all this tips without me playing for the service.
Will be updating you as my hair progresses .

Lol. It's fine Ma. You're welcome.

No wahala. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by bukatyne(f): 8:59am On Feb 19, 2023
pocohantas:

Nnem, you can manage the exposed ones. Especially the ones in corporate sector and Lagos brought up. Not brought up in Ladipo o. But you see those ones in Aba, Onitsha, Enugu… I wish you love and light.

They also complain of we Lagos brought up Igbo girls. Like I care. I don’t even want them and based on experience, I STILL DO NOT WANT! grin grin grin

I know I am very late to the party but I have seen enough to know that the bold is not a guarantee of a 'good' or 'gentlemanly' husband.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (54) (Reply)

Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue / 5 Classes Of Nigerians Who Play Important Roles But Are Hardly Recognised / Cattle Spotted On BRT Lane In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.