Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Let's Discuss USED Vehicles - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Let's Discuss USED Vehicles (22072 Views)

Cheap European Used Vehicles At Very Good Prices / Cheap European Used Vehicles Less Than 1m / Contact Bettycars for cheap European used vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:36am On Aug 27, 2022
blackbone989:
Talk about pilot and odyssey 2005/2007 model. Compare to XC90 2005 t5

You see these Volvo people, they have a cult like followership, they are like obidients led by mazi valarinz. If I talk any how now, thread go scatter.

Only thing be say cost of clearing both models has made it ridiculous importing any of them.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by sexyto(m): 9:59am On Aug 27, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

You see these Volvo people, they have a cult like followership, they are like obidients led by mazi valarinz. If I talk any how now, thread go scatter.

Only thing be say cost of clearing both models has made it ridiculous importing any of them.
Don't be afraid, there are those that need to learn.
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by lereinter(m): 10:26am On Aug 27, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

In the 1980's and early 1990's they all built very sturdy vehicles .

But When manufacturing started in the USA Nissan went rogue and Mazda followed.

Currently I will not go near a modern day Nissan or Mazda vehicle made in the usa.

Hmmmm
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by CODDLY: 11:03am On Aug 27, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Ask and you shall receive
I saw a 2004 Volkswagen Bora for 850k, what do you think about the car?
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:29am On Aug 27, 2022
CODDLY:
I saw a 2004 Volkswagen Bora for 850k, what do you think about the car?

There is a reason there are very few on the Nigerian roads.

Will talk later, I have long trip ahead
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by cluewebhost(m): 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2022
blackbone989:

07 above.

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by oride: 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Ask and you shall receive

What's your opinion on the 2005 Nissan Xterra and the symbiotic twins 2005 to q009 Hyundai Tucson and Kia Sportage. Do they have the same ac and Engine issues as the Elantra?
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by gannod(m): 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2022
Please, could you talk about the 08-10 Honda civic?
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by valarinz: 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2022
blackbone989:

We're in 2022 Sir, pls unless you're trying to buy naija used due to budget, kindly reconsider the bolded

Look for anything above 2007 model, those T5 specs are going extinct and not as reliable as the V8 and 6cyl 3.2l engines from 2007 above
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by valarinz: 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by Holla82: 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2022
How about Lexus IS 250/350 series (06-10) oga boss?
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by Kingdemu: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2022
psalmyY:

Boss, would you offer (or consider) helping to get a good Naija used as a paid service?
Fixed wink
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by kewelljoseph(m): 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2022
Hello I'm new here...is the Honda crosstour a good car to buy! Im thinking of getting one due to our road i need a car with high suspension! Any help will be appreciated pls
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by Carparts888(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2022
Get the 4 cylinder venza of any year (2gr engine cost now ooo and over heating even once can destroy engine)
Avoid 2009 to 2012 crosstour v6(vcm misfire and plug soaking issues)
If u must go for cross tour v6, get from 2013 upwards (newer better and more reliable v6 engine) or get 2012 and above 4 cylinder engine (4 cylinder was introduced from 2012)
kewelljoseph:
Hello I'm new here...is the Honda crosstour a good car to buy! Im thinking of getting one due to our road i need a car with high suspension! Any help will be appreciated pls

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by kewelljoseph(m): 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2022
Carparts888:
Get the 4 cylinder venza of any year (2gr engine cost now ooo and over heating even once can destroy engine)
If u must go for cross tour v6, get from 2013 upwards (newer better and more reliable v6 engine) or get 2012 and above 4 cylinder engine (4 cylinder was introduced from 2012)
ok boss thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by west21: 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Please whats your honest take on volvo s60 2005 model T5?
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by peterpeteru: 4:01am On Aug 29, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

First model 1998-2002

Used Parts are all becoming scarce (the car don de finish)

The 2004-2006 with the 3mz is the current transport champion on Nigerian roads, same engine and transmission as the ES330 (flip to page to to read) sturdy suspension, abused day and night and it peforms.

The 2006-2010 with the 2gr-fe engine, not loved by the transporters as it apparently consumes more fuel, and it requires an engine drop for any major engine job.

2011-date. Those ba3tards built nonsense, the car just long like limo with horrible ground clearance, it did not receive same welcome as it's predecessor, it also has a ₦1m transmission if you do any how. It's the real definition of big for nothing .

Thanks boss for the succinct response.

Which of the 2006 trims with 3mz engine can you recommend? e.g AWD, CE FWD, LE FWD, LE AWD, XLE FWD, etc.

What of the AC?
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by Carparts888(m): 4:49am On Aug 29, 2022
Let me help out with what i know about this.
If its for transport avoid any Awd as they tend
to be problematic after numerous trips.
As for the model trim, it depends on what you can afford as XLE either Fwd or Awd is the extra luxurious edition which comes with all the fullest options than the other LE and CE trim. The options of XLE usually include heated seats, leather seat, DVD with navigation, auto climate control system, heated mirror etc. while LE(luxurious edition) is the trim with the second best options and the CE(classic edition or base model) has the least options and its usually the cheapest trim.
XLE is obviously the best but they are the most expensive trim so buy it if u can afford or go for LE or CE.
The AC system is not complicated for 2004 to 2006 sienna.
peterpeteru:

Which of the 2006 trims with 3mz engine can you recommend? e.g AWD, CE FWD, LE FWD, LE AWD, XLE FWD, etc.

What of the AC?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by peterpeteru: 6:31am On Aug 29, 2022
Carparts888:
Let me help out with what i know about this.
If its for transport avoid any Awd as they tend
to be problematic after numerous trips.
As for the model trim, it depends on what you can afford as XLE either Fwd or Awd is the extra luxurious edition which comes with all the fullest options than the other LE and CE trim. The options of XLE usually include heated seats, leather seat, DVD with navigation, auto climate control system, heated mirror etc. while LE(luxurious edition) is the trim with the second best options and the CE(classic edition or base model) has the least options and its usually the cheapest trim.
XLE is obviously the best but they are the most expensive trim so buy it if u can afford or go for LE or CE.
The AC system is not complicated for 2004 to 2006 sienna.

Thanks boss. This is quite educating.

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:44am On Aug 29, 2022
peterpeteru:

What of the AC?

In all you do avoid the AWD option. It's not bad, it's just more expensive to repair the transmission if and when it fails.

For trims
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lexingtontoyota.com/blog/what-do-the-toyota-trim-level-acronyms-mean/

No let them scam you CE in naija means " cheap edition " that classic was to make it look good.

The air-conditioning is a manual compressor, very reliable , with high mileage leaks are common on the compressor, also rear evaporator leaks are common too.

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by kingreign(m): 7:16am On Aug 29, 2022
Carparts888:

Why will anybody buy a crossover with i4?

Even a midsized sedan should be a v6.
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by Carparts888(m): 7:27am On Aug 29, 2022
I have seen people specifically look for 09 to 013 Highlander 4 cylinder(2.7l), so its a matter of choice like for better fuel economy or reliability.
The funny thing is that they still pack a Punch with adequate power for highway overtaking.
kingreign:

Why will anybody buy a crossover with i4?

Even a midsized sedan should be a v6.
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by kingreign(m): 7:31am On Aug 29, 2022
Carparts888:
I have seen people specifically look for 09 to 013 Highlander 4 cylinder(2.7l), so its a matter of choice like for better fuel economy or reliability.
The funny thing is that they still pack a Punch with adequate power for highway overtaking.

They pack no serious punch!
It’s mainly for economy and also it is mostly for entry levels. It isn’t for more reliability as an i4 will undergo thru much more stress carrying a heavy body compared to a V6 and this will result in much rapid wear and tear to the engine in the long run.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by Carparts888(m): 8:32am On Aug 29, 2022
I didnt say it packs a serious punch but an adequate one.
I guess your a fan of v6 and v8 but let me use to 2009 to 2015 venza 4 cylinder 2.7l 1AR engine which is also applicable to highlander and sienna.
That engine may not pur and accelerate like a v6 but note the engine is of a 2.7l capacity and combined with a six speed automatic transmission, I hardly see any stress to that engine. It still has good torque for highway overtaking so where u wan fly go with a v6 on the highway wey u no go see me for your side mirror cool
Forget power, 1AR engine is super reliable even more than 2GR engine but I stand to be corrected.
kingreign:

They pack no serious punch!
It’s mainly for economy and also it is mostly for entry levels. It isn’t for more reliability as an i4 will undergo thru much more stress carrying a heavy body compared to a V6 and this will result in much rapid wear and tear to the engine in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by kingreign(m): 8:39am On Aug 29, 2022
Carparts888:
I didnt say it packs a serious punch but an adequate one.
I guess your a fan of v6 and v8 but let me use to 2009 to 2015 venza 4 cylinder 2.7l 1AR engine which is also applicable to highlander and sienna.
That engine may not pur and accelerate like a v6 but note the engine is of a 2.7l capacity and combined with a six speed automatic transmission, I hardly see any stress to that engine. It still has good torque for highway overtaking so where u wan fly go with a v6 on the highway wey u no go see me for your side mirror cool
Forget power, 1AR engine is super reliable even more than 2GR engine but I stand to be corrected.

Ask yourself why it was discontinued in Highlander, Sienna and 4Runners but the V6 were left untouched till date but only few modifications and fine tuning.

And No! When it comes to power delivery, and smoothness, your 1AR or 2AR can’t match a 3MZ V6 not to talk of a 2GR V6. You won’t catch up if these V6 vehicles have their speed limiter deleted as long as driver has guts.

Yes it may be more economical, but hey, a 2GR has very very good fuel economy. Besides, why would I buy a big 2ton plus vehicle and talk fuel economy?

4 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by peterpeteru: 8:41am On Aug 29, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

In all you do avoid the AWD option. It's not bad, it's just more expensive to repair the transmission if and when it fails.

For trims
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lexingtontoyota.com/blog/what-do-the-toyota-trim-level-acronyms-mean/

No let them scam you CE in naija means " cheap edition " that classic was to make it look good.

The air-conditioning is a manual compressor, very reliable , with high mileage leaks are common on the compressor, also rear evaporator leaks are common too.

Thanks again, boss.
I feel well informed now.

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by Carparts888(m): 9:29am On Aug 29, 2022
They were discontinued after 2019 because Toyota wanted to try a new 4 cylinder turbo(2.4l) which is norms with advancement in tech of developing a better and more efficient engine and not because the AR engine series wasn't reliable.
So ask yourself why there is still a 4 cylinder option in a 2 ton SUV? cool
Kingrein, bring any vehicle with 3mz and let me just use a Camry SE with 2AR engine with 6speed automatic and let me see how u will smoke me
kingreign:

Ask yourself why it was discontinued in Highlander, Sienna and 4Runners but the V6 were left untouched till date but only few modifications and fine tuning.

And No! When it comes to power delivery, and smoothness, your 1AR or 2AR can’t match a 3MZ V6 not to talk of a 2GR V6. You won’t catch up if these V6 vehicles have their speed limiter deleted as long as driver has guts.

Yes it may be more economical, but hey, a 2GR has very very good fuel economy. Besides, why would I buy a big 2ton plus vehicle and talk fuel economy?

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by kingreign(m): 10:09am On Aug 29, 2022
Carparts888:
They were discontinued after 2019 because Toyota wanted to try a new 4 cylinder turbo(2.4l) which is norms with advancement in tech of developing a better and more efficient engine and not because the AR engine series wasn't reliable.
So ask yourself why there is still a 4 cylinder option in a 2 ton SUV? cool
Kingrein, bring any vehicle with 3mz and let me just use a Camry SE with 2AR engine with 6speed automatic and let me see how u will smoke me

Bros, I no wan drag matter again, you win.

I wan preserve my data this Monday grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by Carparts888(m): 10:25am On Aug 29, 2022
Boss, I never win anything o cool
Have a fantastic day Boss
kingreign:

Bros, I no wan drag matter again, you win.

I wan preserve my data this Monday grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by davizfx: 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2022
Oga Gazzuz, I hail oh, please I saw this 2005 rx330 naija used first body which I wanna try my luck with. But the issue is that the gear box is faulty, although still selects from 1-3. Is this repairable? Should I prepare to install another gear? And what should be my budget if I want to replace bthe gear? Thanks for all you do to help.
Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:25pm On Aug 29, 2022
davizfx:
Oga Gazzuz, I hail oh, please I saw this 2005 rx330 naija used first body which I wanna try my luck with. But the issue is that the gear box is faulty, although still selects from 1-3. Is this repairable? Should I prepare to install another gear? And what should be my budget if I want to replace bthe gear? Thanks for all you do to help.

sometimes as little as ₦5k can fix this issue. What are the scan codes? Post here only if you want a response

https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars/420#1788778.13456

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Discuss USED Vehicles by Manuella4ace: 6:10am On Aug 30, 2022
Boss shed more light About the matrix 05 -07 model a d what to avoid when getting a Nigerian used, because be nah my next car be that oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! / Audi Set To Unveil Jaguar I-pace Fighter: The E-tron SUV / DEALER IN ALL KINDS OF VOLKSWAGEN MOTOR SPEAR PARTS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.