Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man (54866 Views)

Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? / Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by MrBroke(m): 11:39am On Aug 23, 2022
Blupen:
Bro you are still saying the same thing using different words, anyone can make it in forex trading all you gotta do is first use the best indicator which is your emotions and also know that forex is not 100% profit maybe 85% - 80%, so bro anyone can make it trading you just have to do the needful, that's all

grin grin grin nigga only 2% of CFDs traders make money, so the rest are just enriching the broker

3 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by somehow: 11:43am On Aug 23, 2022
[quote author=MrBroke post=115978791][/quote]

Enough to own properties.

Sorry sir, I'm not here to win arguments.

Have a nice day sir.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by MrBroke(m): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2022
Ovaltine:

Indeed, you are brainwashed.

Nigga you can't make no living. Stop deceiving yourself. You can never beat the market you only get lucky on a short run. Ona go dey talk forex like say na one kine thing. Even lotto gamblers win big few at times does that mean one can make a living from playing lotto. If forex trading is profitable all CFDs brokers will stop the venture

5 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by dhiqson(m): 12:57pm On Aug 23, 2022
TheOldGods:

Sometimes you humans thinks from your ass. You just got married, with a very low paying job, hardly enough to leave a decent life, you have already impregnated your wife, to bring another human being, that will finally send you back to "face me I face you compound". Who told you that marriage is for having kids? Marriage is for companionship. Children are extra and should be planned. Because if your lack of planning, you got your wife pregnant, and your wife has decided to quit her job, knowing fully well she is about to bring another human to the world. So other women who are pregnant, yet going to work are stupid, or foolish. She wants to sit down and enjoy riches for being pregnant, why you suffer. It's fine, it's none of my business.

Same man that his "gf" was complaining about
Suddenly got married
Like how
The T aint crossing

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:

Well you can say am brain washed, but me I never see person wey na forex be him full time job. I tried forex too. Wasnt promising at all.

You don’t have to make an activity your full time job before it brings you revenue.
Successful people don’t put all their eggs in one basket.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2022
MrBroke:

Nigga you can't make no living. Stop deceiving yourself. You can never beat the market you only get lucky on a short run.

I am not into it.
My eyes have seen anyway.

Meanwhile, some captains still sail the roughest waters
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Blupen(m): 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2022
MrBroke:

grin grin grin nigga only 2% of CFDs traders make money, so the rest are just enriching the broker
Say whatever you want, me i will make money trading and nothing can stop that

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Nonexisting: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
eddynaira125:
Bros na man you be
No, he married a good wife. Give him one of these wannabe feminists we have here as wife, you'll then know if he is a man, simp or beast. He is managing his situation well because he has someone with good understanding.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Mcslize: 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2022
somehow:

Read for understanding sir.
To be financially stable, you have to be able to handle your needs, this doesn't equate you being rich.

A rich person is someone who can handle both his or her needs and wants without sweating.

Now, a financially struggling person that doesn't have a stable source of income that can handle his needs won't do well trading the Forex market. (There are few exceptions but majority take the front seat).

At least, in my 15 years of trading and training people in Forex trading, I know a thing or two.

His salary alone is what some people pay to learn.

If you do not want to struggle for the rest of your life, make sure you have other sources of income that can take care of your needs before venturing into Forex trading.

I am not here to argue baselessly, just sharing my opinion based on years of experience.

A word is enough.

It all still boiled down to what I earlier said bro, knowledge first. If one gets the knowledge first and learn the nook and crannies of the skill, he won't struggle. One can start small and grow. The reason why many struggle is due to lack of the required experience and knowledge, couple with greed and lack of proper risk management. They take forex as gambling which is not.

I am in the midst of people smashing forex trading for a living. I mean big boys who have the opportunity to learn from the best of the best in the industry. That's why I said, most people ain't just fortunate to get the right knowledge from the right person, thus making them to struggle.

They didn't learn much before placing trades. They don't even know how to analyze the market technically. They don't know when to stay away from the market, they don't even know when to enter the market. Why won't such persons struggle? But when you learn from the best of the best, you will understand why I am typing all these.

I've seen people started with just $50 account and grew it up with proper risk management. These are people that know what they are doing. They ain't gambling. They've paid their dues by learning and understanding how to analyze the market and read it like a book so much that they trade just like the big banks.

I don't want to mention names. I was fortunate to learn from the best Forex trader. What takes many years upon years to perfect, I understood it just within months. That saves me.

And I can firmly tell you, where I am in, many are making it and most started small. But because they already have the required knowledge, they are smashing it back to back. These are people that smash prop Firm evaluations to get funded.

You don't need much to succeed. Come and see how many are smashing their prop Firm evaluation test to get funded. If they didn't learn, they won't be smashing and passing their evaluation. I believe you know what I am saying.

All one needs is the knowledge. There is difference between a consistent profitable trader who understands proper risk management and a non profitable gambler.

4 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Tunagee(m): 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:
I created this thread in response to the post on front page about ladies that date men who earn less than 100k. Below is the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/7292274/ladies-relationship-men-earns-100k

Of a truth, its not easy to manage such amount, but when one is already in such situation, you just have to manage and improvise.
Now like the OP of the above thread requested, here is the break down of how we make our expenses.

To start with, I was earning about 130k previously before we got married by March this year, but I changed job and the pay of the new job is 95k. STarted the new job around Feb this year, even though there was a loan I was paying off.. Need I add that my wife was working in a firm where shes paid 45K, but two months after our married, she quit the job due to pregnancy stress. Am sure ladies will understand.

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k
I remove 40k first from the salary and transfer it to 3 different acct.
The first acct receives 20k. This acct is not touchable except on extreme emergency. Its our main savings acct.
The second acct gets 10k and its for our rent, also non touchable. Rent is 150k per year. Before u say my rent is high compared to my salary, I like my privacy very well. and the cost of rent isnt friendly in my state.
The third acct also gets 10k. This one is for semi savings. This acct is touchable when cash at hand have been exhausted before the next month salary.

From the remaining 50k,
I send 10k to my family acct. I and my brothers do contribute 10k+ every month and its been used to run expenses WRT our parents and last born.
I gv my wife 10k for her monthly up keep. Its small. But its the sacrifice we all have to make for the good of the family.
I hold 10k myself for logistics and transport. I must confess, is not enough. But One have to strive. My wrk place isnt far. SO transport is N100 to and fro, thats approximately 3k per month. The remaining money i use it for other logistics. 4k out of this money goes for gas wch last for abt 2 weeks. And when we want to refill and there is no other money left, we fall back to the 3rd acct.
The remaining 20k is strictly for food ( On this food issue is where I "duff my hart" cos shes really managing things well and trying.
Sometimes, I really feel for her, cos this her pregnancy makes her to crave for things that is not on our food menu, but then when the money is not there, she just surpress the cravings. At times I feel bad.

The remaining 5k, for now is used to pay back a tailor who sewed multiple pregnancy gowns for my wife.

Its good to add that any small money I make like 1k or 2k on side hustle, I directly buy mudu of rice, beans or flour for swallow.

Its not easy at all. But there are families with kids leaving below that.

My wife is abt 5mnths pregnant, we plan to divert the 20k savings to buying baby things in preparation for child birth.

The truth is that the economic situation in this country is bad and so cost of leaving is very high. But then one have to survive.
But then in Nigeria now, how many percentage of the population earn above 100k. In fact how many jobs out there pays such as amount.

The only advice I have for ladies is that if you are not working and you parent family is the type need financial help from your husband after marriage, or you are the type of lady that is high class and wont settle for less or manage with your man. Plz kindly wait and take your time to look for a man that is RICH or financially capable of taken care of you and maybe your family. Please dont hide under the cover of you want to marry quick and then accept a struggling man only to start putting pressure on his head. Plz wait and marry a rich man.

Most responsible men wont really appreciate it if you are always demanding for things you knw fully well that he can not afford.

It is also good to note that no condition is permanent, things will definitely get better. A better job might come or my wife might get a job after her maternity which will increase our income.

The bottom line is, as a couple, but of you will have to work things out to improve your finances.

Nice one whoever posted this.
Ladies see the bolded and learn, no make innocent man die before his time. Make una ladies sef go look for work and hustle to support, no be only man go dey do everything. A lot of houses in my area are owned by women and their children, the persons(husbands) who suffered to build the legacies have gone due to illness from physical and emotional stress.

5 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by demanuel(m): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
Good Day Sir,
I am interested in going into forex and intend going into it soon.
How do I go about it?
Mcslize:

It all still boiled down to what I earlier said bro, knowledge first. If one gets the knowledge first and learn the nook and crannies of the skill, he won't struggle. One can start small and grow. The reason why many struggle is due to lack of the required experience and knowledge, couple with greed and lack of proper risk management. They take forex as gambling which is not.

I am in the midst of people smashing forex trading for a living. I mean big boys who have the opportunity to learn from the best of the best in the industry. That's why I said, most people ain't just fortunate to get the right knowledge from the right person, thus making them to struggle.

They didn't learn much before placing trades. They don't even know how to analyze the market technically. They don't know when to stay away from the market, they don't even know when to enter the market. Why won't such persons struggle? But when you learn from the best of the best, you will understand why I am typing all these.

I've seen people started with just $50 account and grew it up with proper risk management. These are people that know what they are doing. They ain't gambling. They've paid their dues by learning and understanding how to analyze the market and read it like a book so much that they trade just like the big banks.

I don't want to mention names. I was fortunate to learn from the best Forex trader. What takes many years upon years to perfect, I understood it just within months. That saves me.

And I can firmly tell you, where I am in, many are making it and most started small. But because they already have the required knowledge, they are smashing it back to back. These are people that smash prop Firm evaluations to get funded.

You don't need much to succeed. Come and see how many are smashing their prop Firm evaluation test to get funded. If they didn't learn, they won't be smashing and passing their evaluation. I believe you know what I am saying.

All one needs is the knowledge. There is difference between a consistent profitable trader who understands proper risk management and a non profitable gambler.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by eddynaira125: 5:28pm On Aug 23, 2022
Nonexisting:
No, he married a good wife. Give him one of these wannabe feminists we have here as wife, you'll then know if he is a man, simp or beast. He is managing his situation well because he has someone with good understanding.

Very correct sir
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Starz825(m): 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
Mercury12:
Hmm men sha. All these sacrifices we made for families our reward is in heaven. These women still call men names and kids cleave to their mothers breast. They don't
even appreciate their father efforts
Na this your statement make me remember my uncle wey dey Israel..him first and second sons dey send vn to am say he no take care of their mama.
This is a man that works round clock to ensure he sends 30k to his wife every week....

Carry him first born son go turkey..paid for trip expenses from Israel oo....paid huge school fees for him...

Infact currently processing their relocation to UK..both the ones in Naija and turkey so they can start a life..

You see most fathers dey try ..but you see all this kids ..na wetin their mama tell dem..Dem dey follow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by freddie009(m): 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
somehow:

Read for understanding sir.
To be financially stable, you have to be able to handle your needs, this doesn't equate you being rich.

A rich person is someone who can handle both his or her needs and wants without sweating.

Now, a financially struggling person that doesn't have a stable source of income that can handle his needs won't do well trading the Forex market. (There are few exceptions but the majority take the front seat).

At least, in my 15 years of trading and training people in Forex trading, I know a thing or two.

His salary alone is what some people pay to learn.

If you do not want to struggle for the rest of your life, make sure you have other sources of income that can take care of your needs before venturing into Forex trading.

I am not here to argue baselessly, just sharing my opinion based on years of experience.

A word is enough.

Exactly, even if you want to test the waters on trading you must have a stable income by the side if not you will get burned.

I will rather advise one to learn skills where he can render services, especially digital skills then he can invest the money he makes in a business that brings stable income, like real estate.

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Oturatetuala(m): 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2022
To be honest he no easy o chai.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Munamoqel: 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:
I created this thread in response to the post on front page about ladies that date men who earn less than 100k. Below is the link.

Of a truth, its not easy to manage such amount, but when one is already in such situation, you just have to manage and improvise.
Now like the OP of the above thread requested, here is the break down of how we make our expenses.

To start with, I was earning about 130k previously before we got married by March this year, but I changed job and the pay of the new job is 95k. STarted the new job around Feb this year, even though there was a loan I was paying off.. Need I add that my wife was working in a firm where shes paid 45K, but two months after our married, she quit the job due to pregnancy stress. Am sure ladies will understand.

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k
The first acct receives 20k. This acct is not touchable except on extreme emergency. Its our main savings acct.
The second acct gets 10k and its for our rent, also non touchable. Rent is 150k per year. Before u say my rent is high compared to my salary, I like my privacy very well. and the cost of rent isnt friendly in my state.
The third acct also gets 10k. This one is for semi savings. This acct is touchable when cash at hand have been exhausted before the next month salary.

From the remaining 50k,
I send 10k to my family acct. I and my brothers do contribute 10k+ every month and its been used to run expenses WRT our parents and last born.
I gv my wife 10k for her monthly up keep. Its small. But its the sacrifice we all have to make for the good of the family.
I hold 10k myself for logistics and transport. I must confess, is not enough. But One have to strive. My wrk place isnt far. SO transport is N100 to and fro, thats approximately 3k per month. The remaining money i use it for other logistics. 4k out of this money goes for gas wch last for abt 2 weeks. And when we want to refill and there is no other money left, we fall back to the 3rd acct.
The remaining 20k is strictly for food ( On this food issue is where I "duff my hart" cos shes really managing things well and trying.
Sometimes, I really feel for her, cos this her pregnancy makes her to crave for things that is not on our food menu, but then when the money is not there, she just surpress the cravings. At times I feel bad.

The remaining 5k, for now is used to pay back a tailor who sewed multiple pregnancy gowns for my wife.

Its good to add that any small money I make like 1k or 2k on side hustle, I directly buy mudu of rice, beans or flour for swallow.

My wife is abt 5mnths pregnant, we plan to divert the 20k savings to buying baby things in preparation for child birth.

The truth is that the economic situation in this country is bad and so cost of leaving is very high. But then one have to survive.
But then in Nigeria now, how many percentage of the population earn above 100k. In fact how many jobs out there pays such as amount.

The only advice I have for ladies is that if you are not working and you parent family is the type need financial help from your husband after marriage, or you are the type of lady that is high class and wont settle for less or manage with your man. Plz kindly wait and take your time to look for a man that is RICH or financially capable of taken care of you and maybe your family. Please dont hide under the cover of you want to marry quick and then accept a struggling man only to start putting pressure on his head. Plz wait and marry a rich man.

Most responsible men wont really appreciate it if you are always demanding for things you knw fully well that he can not afford.

It is also good to note that no condition is permanent, things will definitely get better. A better job might come or my wife might get a job after her maternity which will increase our income.

The bottom line is, as a couple, but of you will have to work things out to improve your finances.
add a side hustle like POS .don't keep hoping on job .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Deicide: 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
My Question is why did you think it was a good idea to get married while you were earning just 130k per month?

4 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

Senior Man na Man You be o

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by GoooodHardDick: 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:

E no easy brotherly. But am happy I have an understanding wife. She always tell me not to bow to pressure from anything or any one. If na one cloth I dey wear go wrk, as long as the cloth is neat, make I no send anybody.

I believe after birth, once shes up and doing, she will get a job to do to support our finance.

Your wife is an example of a virtuous woman, they're remaining only 3 in this country.

However, respect to your commitment on how you spend your money monthly, e no easy at all. Respect!!!!
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by dejol88: 9:11pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

This is exactly the type of financial prudence Nigeria needs to adopt quickly else we hit the bottom.

I must say that you are a very good financial manager that will do well in managing public fund.

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by RepoMan007: 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2022
No investment. If na 1.5k set set aside for nairabet and xbet. Nigeria don cast o.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Qtrpst4: 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2022
Guy, I will advice you to learn a skill now. Why don't you learn data analysis, in 6 months you will be fine and can get jobs online while you still keep you job. See, nigerian banks are having serious problems with tech and the UK just launched a visa for tech. Learn this skill it will take you very far. All you need is a laptop and I can tell you websites you can learn from for free. See you need to do this fast before children begins to come

Greet your wife, tell her sey we dey hail her

tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

4 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by EagleSquare1(m): 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2022
Thank you Brother for saying it as it is. I also doff my hat for your wife on her food management skills. That is the most sensitive part of the whole story of living, and she got it right. This aspect has been an issue of war between couples.
May God bless you and your family and continue to make provisions to your needs.

tomtomastom4:

https://www.nairaland.com/7292274/ladies-relationship-men-earns-100k.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Father254: 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
xxmoney15:
Guy u need to start learning skills or getting a better job.

My salary is 76k as a teacher but my living with 2 kids n my wife isn't working yet is a miracle. Just that as a physics teacher I do get private lessons, waec registration business.

Currently I'm learning forex seriously because I want to be in charge of my future. Rent is pH is not cheap, 300k for that matter.

But na God de run am for us

Brother I just lost my business here in Aba . Things are not easy at the moment with two beautiful daughter's. I'm an engineer ( petroleum) and I will need a job in your school. Please help me. 08167387104 .
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by jojothaiv(m): 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
I'm not even surprised with this submission, you know why, there are many of these living below a fraction of OP combined salary and you wouldnt see them make a noise and when I read Donpata submission some years ago couple with talks with folks who will let you know that life is never a bed of roses or so I became more realistic with my approach.

For a start I'd advise some of us to follow @Jon_d_doe on Twitter, some of words might not be the usual comforting lies but if you're patient enough you'd recognize the truth from some of those words.

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by omoredia: 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
If govt can run Nigeria like u are running ur home this country will be like Dubai within 4 years.

3 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by bonnyhope: 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

1. I could see that you are not resident in Lagos, s o your rent is small.

2. You have understandable partner who can manage
3. Food stuff is relatively cheap in your area(20k to feed 2 adults)
4. Transportation also cheap(N100 to and fro)

That's why you could do all these

Above all, you de try, may God bless

6 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Ogbenidele: 9:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
You no Dey pay Nepa bills

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by ashewoboy(m): 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

Go and sit down. You are newly married and you are not even staying in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by DispatcherLagos: 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2022
Op....where you come carve out your data subscription money from?
So u no dey watch football matches?

Op, so nothing like one or two bottles for you from what you wrote?

Hmmmmmm life no just balance. Btw I hope you have gotten your PVC?

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by gqboyy(m): 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2022
May God bless your hustle brother

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Photo Of Sleeping Fruit Seller And Her Child Goes Viral, Draws Support / A Man Got Married To Two Women In Obudu Cross River State / Slaying In Chaos! Mom Dresses Up In Lingerie With Her 4 Demanding Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.