Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,585 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man (54765 Views)

Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? / Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Mayo4real12345: 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:
I created this thread in response to the post on front page about ladies that date men who earn less than 100k. Below is the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/7292274/ladies-relationship-men-earns-100k

Of a truth, its not easy to manage such amount, but when one is already in such situation, you just have to manage and improvise.
Now like the OP of the above thread requested, here is the break down of how we make our expenses.

To start with, I was earning about 130k previously before we got married by March this year, but I changed job and the pay of the new job is 95k. STarted the new job around Feb this year, even though there was a loan I was paying off.. Need I add that my wife was working in a firm where shes paid 45K, but two months after our married, she quit the job due to pregnancy stress. Am sure ladies will understand.

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k
I remove 40k first from the salary and transfer it to 3 different acct.
The first acct receives 20k. This acct is not touchable except on extreme emergency. Its our main savings acct.
The second acct gets 10k and its for our rent, also non touchable. Rent is 150k per year. Before u say my rent is high compared to my salary, I like my privacy very well. and the cost of rent isnt friendly in my state.
The third acct also gets 10k. This one is for semi savings. This acct is touchable when cash at hand have been exhausted before the next month salary.

From the remaining 50k,
I send 10k to my family acct. I and my brothers do contribute 10k+ every month and its been used to run expenses WRT our parents and last born.
I gv my wife 10k for her monthly up keep. Its small. But its the sacrifice we all have to make for the good of the family.
I hold 10k myself for logistics and transport. I must confess, is not enough. But One have to strive. My wrk place isnt far. SO transport is N100 to and fro, thats approximately 3k per month. The remaining money i use it for other logistics. 4k out of this money goes for gas wch last for abt 2 weeks. And when we want to refill and there is no other money left, we fall back to the 3rd acct.
The remaining 20k is strictly for food ( On this food issue is where I "duff my hart" cos shes really managing things well and trying.
Sometimes, I really feel for her, cos this her pregnancy makes her to crave for things that is not on our food menu, but then when the money is not there, she just surpress the cravings. At times I feel bad.

The remaining 5k, for now is used to pay back a tailor who sewed multiple pregnancy gowns for my wife.

Its good to add that any small money I make like 1k or 2k on side hustle, I directly buy mudu of rice, beans or flour for swallow.

Its not easy at all. But there are families with kids leaving below that.

My wife is abt 5mnths pregnant, we plan to divert the 20k savings to buying baby things in preparation for child birth.

The truth is that the economic situation in this country is bad and so cost of leaving is very high. But then one have to survive.
But then in Nigeria now, how many percentage of the population earn above 100k. In fact how many jobs out there pays such as amount.

The only advice I have for ladies is that if you are not working and you parent family is the type need financial help from your husband after marriage, or you are the type of lady that is high class and wont settle for less or manage with your man. Plz kindly wait and take your time to look for a man that is RICH or financially capable of taken care of you and maybe your family. Please dont hide under the cover of you want to marry quick and then accept a struggling man only to start putting pressure on his head. Plz wait and marry a rich man.

Most responsible men wont really appreciate it if you are always demanding for things you knw fully well that he can not afford.

It is also good to note that no condition is permanent, things will definitely get better. A better job might come or my wife might get a job after her maternity which will increase our income.

The bottom line is, as a couple, but of you will have to work things out to improve your finances.

Bro, this is poverty.

100k just 160$ what u get in one day in the state

3 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by DispatcherLagos: 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2022
ashewoboy:

Go and sit down. You are newly married and you are not even staying in Lagos.
grin
grin

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by bjtinz: 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2022
AstraDroid:
A perfect method to madness. Pampers will humble you. There was no reason to impregnate your wife at that level of income. in fact, at the present level of inflation, anyone earning 100K and below, should not actually consider marriage except you own farmlands and actually plant food crops.

Lol. Naim be say only few people go marry.

Like others have said, let's not forget minimum wage is still 30k. How many Nigerians can boast of 100k monthly CONSISTENTLY?

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Ebymyk(m): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:
I created this thread in response to the post on front page about ladies that date men who earn less than 100k. Below is the link.

Of a truth, its not easy to manage such amount, but when one is already in such situation, you just have to manage and improvise.
Now like the OP of the above thread requested, here is the break down of how we make our expenses.

To start with, I was earning about 130k previously before we got married by March this year, but I changed job and the pay of the new job is 95k. STarted the new job around Feb this year, even though there was a loan I was paying off.. Need I add that my wife was working in a firm where shes paid 45K, but two months after our married, she quit the job due to pregnancy stress. Am sure ladies will understand.

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k
The first acct receives 20k. This acct is not touchable except on extreme emergency. Its our main savings acct.
The second acct gets 10k and its for our rent, also non touchable. Rent is 150k per year. Before u say my rent is high compared to my salary, I like my privacy very well. and the cost of rent isnt friendly in my state.
The third acct also gets 10k. This one is for semi savings. This acct is touchable when cash at hand have been exhausted before the next month salary.

From the remaining 50k,
I send 10k to my family acct. I and my brothers do contribute 10k+ every month and its been used to run expenses WRT our parents and last born.
I gv my wife 10k for her monthly up keep. Its small. But its the sacrifice we all have to make for the good of the family.
I hold 10k myself for logistics and transport. I must confess, is not enough. But One have to strive. My wrk place isnt far. SO transport is N100 to and fro, thats approximately 3k per month. The remaining money i use it for other logistics. 4k out of this money goes for gas wch last for abt 2 weeks. And when we want to refill and there is no other money left, we fall back to the 3rd acct.
The remaining 20k is strictly for food ( On this food issue is where I "duff my hart" cos shes really managing things well and trying.
Sometimes, I really feel for her, cos this her pregnancy makes her to crave for things that is not on our food menu, but then when the money is not there, she just surpress the cravings. At times I feel bad.

The remaining 5k, for now is used to pay back a tailor who sewed multiple pregnancy gowns for my wife.

Its good to add that any small money I make like 1k or 2k on side hustle, I directly buy mudu of rice, beans or flour for swallow.

My wife is abt 5mnths pregnant, we plan to divert the 20k savings to buying baby things in preparation for child birth.

The truth is that the economic situation in this country is bad and so cost of leaving is very high. But then one have to survive.
But then in Nigeria now, how many percentage of the population earn above 100k. In fact how many jobs out there pays such as amount.

The only advice I have for ladies is that if you are not working and you parent family is the type need financial help from your husband after marriage, or you are the type of lady that is high class and wont settle for less or manage with your man. Plz kindly wait and take your time to look for a man that is RICH or financially capable of taken care of you and maybe your family. Please dont hide under the cover of you want to marry quick and then accept a struggling man only to start putting pressure on his head. Plz wait and marry a rich man.

Most responsible men wont really appreciate it if you are always demanding for things you knw fully well that he can not afford.

It is also good to note that no condition is permanent, things will definitely get better. A better job might come or my wife might get a job after her maternity which will increase our income.

The bottom line is, as a couple, but of you will have to work things out to improve your finances.
thanks for the advice, this will help us that are yet to settle down, the economy is really brutal honestly, this is the reason why many correct men are unmarried,Thank God.. Men are not under pressure to get married.. If we have a good job that pays handsomely, the kind of lady who knows how to manage the finances, the home and she's financially supportive to her husband without holding back, that will really make sense... I wish things turn around better for us all...

4 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Oceanjagaban: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

Association of sidechicks and olosho dem dey vex say you neglect them and you no put them for budget...why na
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by clockwisereport: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2022
Salute to tomotomastom4 and his woman. @op, your woman is truly an asset. God bless your home

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by djbenzino(m): 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

I RESPECT PEOPLE LIKE YOU �
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by 123readygo: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2022
Hmmmmmm

At a point in your write up I started shedding tears! People are suffering in this country. To even imagine that there people earning less beats my understanding. Bro, its well.

So many years ago I was earning 15k, (equivalent of 100k now) and life was hell for me. I hate anything called management and I prayed to God that I do not want to live this kind of life and boom, within 5years He answered my prayer.... You too can overcome this stage and become comfortable in life. Just work hard and prayer harder

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by DenreleDave(m): 9:23pm On Aug 23, 2022
imadiyi:

Hello xxmoney15, sorry for a kind of divert in the thread discussion. Please, how does this forex work; is it really worth trying?

Please, I don't mind meeting you in person, so we can talk more on it. I resides in PH, as well.
Don't do it
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Mom007(f): 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2022
I love how you save and plan for the expected and unexpected. Some people start looking for rent money after it is due. Funny way to live life...
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by tctrills: 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

The title of this thread should be how I nearly survived not how I survived. You are a great man but let's hope others would not follow your footsteps.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by DenreleDave(m): 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2022
xxmoney15:

I've been learning since 2020. Why will u say?

There are people who have succeeded stop discouraging others

You can say it's a long term venture instead of ur negative comment

Find another hustle.. U go cry for forex o
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by DenreleDave(m): 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2022
yungz:

like the op said, don’t waste your time and resources. those forex millionaires you see on youtube made their money by selling trading courses. instead try stocks, bond or cryptocurrency.
leave him until he get ruined
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Excel99: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2022
Where is your location. How do two people feed with 20k in a month. By the time you buy consumables like, bathing soaps, washing soap and detergent, toothpaste, creams, barber shop and hair salon, palm oil, vegetable oil, Maggi, curry and time flavours etc All these costs more than 15k in a month. Haha!

3 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by batistutajulio: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

Say no to suffering. Say to no suffering and pretending to be managing.

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Death2allNLmods: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2022
xxmoney15:
Guy u need to start learning skills or getting a better job.

My salary is 76k as a teacher but my living with 2 kids n my wife isn't working yet is a miracle. Just that as a physics teacher I do get private lessons, waec registration business.
Currently I'm learning forex seriously because I want to be in charge of my future. Rent is pH is not cheap, 300k for that matter.

But na God de run am for us

Let us talk about the bolded. I'm learning seriously too
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by ashewoboy(m): 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2022
Mercury12:
Hmm men sha. All these sacrifices we made for families our reward is in heaven. These women still call men names and kids cleave to their mothers breast. They don't
even appreciate their father efforts

Men are the prize.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by istifk(m): 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2022
I too earn less than 100k per month. But with that amount i take care of my wife,children and sometimes sent money to my parent and younger ones. God is always by our side.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by opicgif: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
I got married at 65/70k

Some tips:

- marry a good wife (you already have this covered)

- never buy food outside. Take home food to work

- learn a skill that can urgently get provide another source of income ( you can lose your job any day. even if it's your family member that owns the company, be prepared to leave at a moment's notice)

- invest. Don't save cash. The money you save in January, is not the same money in December. It has lost value. Exchange rate is getting worse every month.
Invest in treasury bonds or any safe thing. Don't invest in what you don't know.

- avoid side chicks, girlfriend, old female friends, or however they want to come

- avoid "rich friends". All fingers are not equal. Stay your lane

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by IamMobisola(f): 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
You are really trying, you and your wife are both understanding with eachother.

As a lady, I can't even think of marriage yet because I earn 200k monthly from my business. I'm currently learning UI/UX design so I can have at least two sources of income.
You should try to look for an avenue to learn a skill(tech) in particular. There are lots of free resources online.

It would help

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Magnumproperty: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
TheOldGods:

Sometimes you humans thinks from your ass. You just got married, with a very low paying job, hardly enough to leave a decent life, you have already impregnated your wife, to bring another human being, that will finally send you back to "face me I face you compound". Who told you that marriage is for having kids? Marriage is for companionship. Children are extra and should be planned. Because if your lack of planning, you got your wife pregnant, and your wife has decided to quit her job, knowing fully well she is about to bring another human to the world. So other women who are pregnant, yet going to work are stupid, or foolish. She wants to sit down and enjoy riches for being pregnant, why you suffer. It's fine, it's none of my business.

A woman in my place of work is heavily pregnant close to 6 to 7 months now and she's still coming to work. Some women are trying oooo

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by pheranme9(m): 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
Woah I'm impressed it shows you are educated, have goals and knows what best for you, my little advice is to get small side hustle to ur SALARY, if it's 5k a week that is entering it Will be cutting some miscellaneous, your wife can also engage in small online business like data sales nd d like or even pos sef
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Angy55(f): 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
TheOldGods:

Sometimes you humans thinks from your ass. You just got married, with a very low paying job, hardly enough to leave a decent life, you have already impregnated your wife, to bring another human being, that will finally send you back to "face me I face you compound". Who told you that marriage is for having kids? Marriage is for companionship. Children are extra and should be planned. Because if your lack of planning, you got your wife pregnant, and your wife has decided to quit her job, knowing fully well she is about to bring another human to the world. So other women who are pregnant, yet going to work are stupid, or foolish. She wants to sit down and enjoy riches for being pregnant, why you suffer. It's fine, it's none of my business.

Aptly Said.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by DenreleDave(m): 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
gunther6:
Oya if you don’t mind dropping your account number, take 50k. Satisfy your wife’s cravings. I salute you and your wife.

I haven’t heard from the poster, @ tomtomastom4 pls reach out. Peace.

tomtomastom4 come oo
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by odimbannamdi(m): 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

Hi Op, I sent you a PM

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by tellwisdom: 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2022
This one na life??
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by AbleBouncer: 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2022
Rozross:
Thank you for this explicit and detailed explanation and may God bless you beyond your imaginations in no distant time . This is all I ever wanted to get in my post. You really trying as a man.

You were so inquisitive about how to manage 100k as couple, now with the above detailed explanation you can now go and marry in peace before your biological time passes. Thank you and don't mention.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by wunmi590(m): 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
SageOfChelsea:
You dey try. I'm single and I earn 70k and yet I goa borrowing be4 27th of the month. I'm not getting married until I am earning 200k plus. And future wife must be earning 100k plus.

Lol @200k...

Remove your mind from that 200k and aim higher, I'm earning 200k with just a kid, and money is not enough, I don't smoke, I don't drink and I don't womanise and I also don't live beyond my means, but the 200k is still not enough, things are over expensive my brother.

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Parachoko: 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
internationalman:
Nor be online 100k for dey be like small thing wey common among Nigeria citizens?

70% of the population nor even dey earn 100k but online them go dey mention million like 1k but if you look around you in real life, 70% of the citizens wey you go see na extremely poor people..

Na Nigerians live fake life pass for this life.
For this Nairaland, nah everybody dey always claim to be wealthy

4 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by johnson8213: 9:32pm On Aug 23, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

Bravo!!! This may not work for a bigger family.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by emmanuelbrown26: 9:32pm On Aug 23, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
The kids have not started coming and you're already living like this. Now imagine when you have to buy diapers, baby food, school fees and all that in this harsh economy.

Even me as a single, 20k no do me in a week for feeding how much more two people.

You're lucky you're residing in a state where you can still get a decent apartment for 150k. In Lagos you can't get such.

With 10k for upkeep I can imagine how your wife will be living an unsatisfied life. Though she won't complain just to answer a good wife. For how long?

My take on this break down is, if a man goes ahead and marries with such income, he'll subject his family to hardship.

I'm out!

Op states it that this thread is not for u, not even now and in d next life. So, fuckingly go and get a life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Must See Photos From An Abuja Baby Shower With Three Gorgeous Mummies To Be / What Is Wrong With This Couple In This Photo? / Door-To-Door Sperm Delivery: Married UK Man Who Travels Offering Sperm Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.