Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,983 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU (26455 Views)

Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands / Senate Mulls Converting Yabatech, Ilaro Poly To Universities / Strike: Fg Mulls Unification Of ASUU, Ssanu, Nasu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by donmik: 10:43am On Aug 22, 2022
Secondly:

Thank you so much for saying that.

Some of these lecturers only know how to turn up for classes two weeks to the exam to start teaching what I don't know.

Some of them conduct classes that are so boring that you start to wonder what are they even doing in the teaching profession.

I don't even want to mention those ones that are only good in financially and sexually exploitation of the students put under their care and guidance. sad

They claim that they are intellectuals and yet Nigeria is still intellectually backwards like this.

Why can't the intellectuals think of other ways of solving their grieviances with the Federal Government without having to put every other person's lives out there on pause?

Pls help suggest the other better way of solving this kind of trickish game FG is playing if you are a lecturer.
You don't seem to understand this gov't o.
Well, uif u like, go arrest ASUU and force them to graduate u.
Better talk with neutrality and consideration

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 11:02am On Aug 22, 2022
God bless you for this.
Government should pay their pay structure on the table, if it is too small, no wahala. We part ways.

I have never seen where employees dictate how much you must pay and which method you must use to pay me.

NO work no pay principle should be employed in this case. ASUU strike is becoming political and they always wait till it is close to election because they know that politicians are afraid of votes.
oneMalik:
The govt is to be blame for this nonsense in the first place .

This kind of hostage can not stand if a person like me rule this country . imagine ASUU turning themselves to accademic bandits holding students for ransom .

if you can't do the job based on any reason then quit and you'll see millions of people will be ready To do it even better than you .

Same thing in 2002 for almost 9-months , my matric number bears 02 but I started my first registration in Sept 2003. what kind of craze be that ?

Is as simple as tell the ASUU what the system can afford and whoever think he can't adjust should quit the job and bring in fresh brains .... after all wetin Dem dey lecture self .

I will value my secondary school teachers more than this motherfuckers calling themselves lecturers anyday.

overhype people !

Primary school teachers did 30% of the job in any academic life while secondary school teachers did 60% and just the 10% they want to do always becomes problems simply because they want to award Bsc or B eng as the case may be .

Sack them ! train and bring in new people to rebuild education sector and forget about this useless cabals is the way forward .

lecturer my foot !

Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by ogaontop(m): 11:09am On Aug 22, 2022
Ebubu:
Proscribe ASUU for all I care. Their own don do! After all IPOB was proscribed when their own too much. Stop holding students to ransom. They’ve paid school fees but can’t learn. Those in final year entered final year since two years ago.
With FG refusing to pay them 6 months arrears, will they teach students what they missed in the 6 months or continue new session entirely?
Maybe those in final will wait till whenever ASUU is paid, or there won't current year one
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by ambale(m): 11:18am On Aug 22, 2022
Getnewinfo:

Don’t talk about voting right here.

ASUU has gone on strike on every administration.
Sadly, if a new government comes next year, they’ll do the same thing.

Talk about them calling off this unbearable strike first. When students are back in classes, then you can talk about voting right.

Then you obviously not getting the point

Government needs to take a decisive move to nip this in the bud

Governments in Nigeria thinks the solution to all problems is throwing money around it

Let's have a real education policy, a system that makes every single sector function properly

If the education sector was serving a reasonable purpose, they dare not go on strike

But the government knew education in Nigeria is just fulfilling all righteousness.
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by Indispensable85(m): 11:37am On Aug 22, 2022
ASUU wahala too much. Many state governors have proscribed them in their state universities already. The government doesn't need to proscribe them, just register the other group of lecturers that's all.
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by jmaine: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2022
EIeyigidigan:
if you had made this comment in my front, stabbing you would have been the best option

Stabbing him? You must be a very sick and demented soul... You are better off in the jungle as a wild animal...

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by EIeyigidigan: 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2022
jmaine:

Stabbing him? You must be a very sick and demented soul... You are better off in the jungle as a wild animal...
when next you intend being selfish by fighting for your rights, try and consider others (those who hustle in the school environment, whom are also affected by the strike cos they have mouths to feed and other bills) that are suffering rippling effects of your decisions.
Come out in public and make that statement again, stabbing you would be more merciful, lynching you would be the best option.
foolish and selfish arrogant bastards
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by Secondly: 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2022
donmik:

Pls help suggest the other better way of solving this kind of trickish game FG is playing if you are a lecturer.
You don't seem to understand this gov't o.
Well, uif u like, go arrest ASUU and force them to graduate u.
Better talk with neutrality and consideration

If universities are productive, they will not need FG to be dictating to them when it comes to funding.

Imagine if your school is involved with power generation which they can be selling to the neighboring communities?

Imagine if your school has large agric farms that are producing both plant and animal farm products on a large scale?

What if your school owns a payment platform something in the nature of Paystack which generates money for them?

What if your school was involved in producing vaccines?

Think of each and every department in your school and think of their relevance in the larger society and then think of what if they are offering those relevances in exchange for monetary gains.

How is your school harnessing the mental powers of the students and chanelling them into great innovations and inventions?

These lecturers who claim to be intellectuals should be more concerned with practising the so-called entrepreneurship they are teaching rather than waiting for the Federal Government to be funding them all the time.

That's why the Federal Government is always using them to play Whot because they know that they are the boss.
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by rezy15(m): 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2022
Maybe ASUU should allow government raise fees so pple will stop calling them selfish. Maybe when universites determine fees students will start begging govt to intercede. Imagine Prof collecting less than a thousand dollars a month and pple calling them greedy. Govt is owing yrs in backlog of allowances and they are being insulted for striking

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by Dayvidblue: 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
Ebubu:
ASUU are cowards. Accept what you’re given and negotiate with an incoming government that has 8years to implement your signed agreements.

So much wisdom from a brave man.
You're a pathetic.
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by Don27tiky(m): 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2022
ambale:

And how is that the fault of the lecturers

The ministry of Education sets the syllabuses, refuse to train these lecturers according to todays demand, the nation needs a total revamp

We cannot afford to vote wrongly next year cos our case is somehow ooo
so it is the fault of FG that lecturers only attend classes only one week to exams. You and I know that some of these so called professors hardly give attention to students they teach. A professor will be assigned to teach a course and you will not see him until a week to exam. And you tell me it’s not their fault that we waste our money on them to do nothing?
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by adiori0303: 1:33pm On Aug 22, 2022
ASUU=NLC=LP.
Its an open secret ASUU is out for sabotage
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by ufotunang: 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2022
ASUU call off the strike for the sake of the students and accept whatever the federal government has given you...and table the issues with the next federal government that will resume power after the 2023 election
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2022
Do it! Let's see who wins
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by Gabbriell: 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2022
Damidave1124:
I think the federal government wants to do the only worthy and commendable thing Yahaya Bello did in Kogi State back in 2017 when he proscribed ASUU in the state.

But in the case of FG, it will be difficult because of the large numbers and caliber of people involved. Who will FG hire to replace those that will be sacked?

All the offices and staff quarters of the affected lecturers in Kogi state are still on lockdown till today. No one (except the proscribed lecturers) has the right to use them... Some of the houses are being used for rent. Go and ask anybody.

Proscribing a union on strike (especially ASUU is not wise).

After the case, the state government would have to pay all the affected lecturers from 2017 till date (minus salaries earned by those already working under Government). From economic point of view, the governor only doomed the state for the next government.

My problem with ASUU is that they don't find lasting solution to their issues. Everything must not be strike. Even if this current strike is called off, very soon, and I mean very very soon, they will still go on another strike.
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by Gabbriell: 2:29pm On Aug 22, 2022
Getnewinfo:

What else do we call them if not terrorists??

The only difference is they don’t carry guns!

Don't worry, even we the Citizens would soon be proscribed.
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by Gabbriell: 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2022
ambale:
It is just funny that Nigerians are still not furious at this government, could it be we are being jazzed or something?

9 out of every 10 Nigerians are foolish.

This is the major reason the country is so bad.

It's not the people in government, it's the people that put them there and keep licking their (Government) buttocks.

If a corrupt government official is to visit your village today. 90 percent of the people will come out to praise and adore him.
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by integrity16(m): 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2022
I'm sure that idea emanated from Lai Mohammed.
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by SolomonGrundy: 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2022
Jackson667:
Please ban ASUU, and sack the striking lecturers. Lots of young graduates are looking for lecturing jobs employ them
Shut it. undecided
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by Ayodeji2k14: 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2022
fernandoc:
Its not like the FG doesn't know that ASUU of today is even more resolute than ASUU of IBB era who were even chased out of the staff quarters but didn't buldge or give up.
Ghana spent 2years of strike to get it right. Maybe Nigeria wants to toll the same path ours may even take 3 years who knows.
Funny thing is that University teachers are skilled workers who cannot easily be replaced. Even if you decide to higher foreign lecturers no right thinking PhD will leave his country to come and collect the slave wage being paid to lecturers in this country.
When FG is ready they know what to do for now they have election issues to think of and students can go to h3ll for all they care.
My brother nobody is indispensable .The lecturers can be replaced. We have a lot of PhD holders looking for jobs!
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by fohlarp: 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2022
Fed,govt I hail o,using strong head
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by jmaine: 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
EIeyigidigan:
when next you intend being selfish by fighting for your rights, try and consider others (those who hustle in the school environment, whom are also affected by the strike cos they have mouths to feed and other bills) that are suffering rippling effects of your decisions.
Come out in public and make that statement again, stabbing you would be more merciful, lynching you would be the best option.
foolish and selfish arrogant bastards

I bet you won't say this nonsense before me if you were to meet me... Everyone is a warrior on social media.
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by jmaine: 6:19pm On Aug 22, 2022
Ayodeji2k14:
My brother nobody is indispensable .The lecturers can be replaced. We have a lot of PhD holders looking for jobs!

PhD holders will replace Profs. With valuable experience... Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by EIeyigidigan: 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2022
jmaine:

I bet you won't say this nonsense before me if you were to meet me... Everyone is a warrior on social media.
drop your number or reveal your location.
You think I'm a coward like you?
send me an email let me not just say this to your face but also spit on your face as well.
Boys dey vex so, don't let us descend on you.
very soon I'll lead a movement for students to start attacking any ASUU member we come across.
You lots must be taught the language of violence
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by jmaine: 8:12pm On Aug 22, 2022
EIeyigidigan:
drop your number or reveal your location.
You think I'm a coward like you?
send me an email let me not just say this to your face but also spit on your face as well.
Boys dey vex so, don't let us descend on you.
very soon I'll lead a movement for students to start attacking any ASUU member we come across.
You lots must be taught the language of violence

Online Vandamme... You can start by doing same... Wild animal..
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by dochenaj: 3:36am On Aug 23, 2022
All those writing "wait and negotiate with the incoming government" are just plainly clueless.

The government doesn't belong to any one person and though Buhari is president any decision he takes as head of FG is binding on all other governments.

Government should be about continuity. That is why it is important to get the right people in, cos undoing all the damages that had been done can be very gruelling.
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by EIeyigidigan: 7:14am On Aug 23, 2022
jmaine:

Online Vandamme... You can start by doing same... Wild animal..
I'm watching you.
You're the one that sent me a mail asking for my WhatsApp number?
No worry you go soon enter my trap
Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by jmaine: 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2022
EIeyigidigan:
I'm watching you.
You're the one that sent me a mail asking for my WhatsApp number?
No worry you go soon enter my trap

You must really be an idiot... You think I have time to be sending random wild animals mails... Lol..

I am pretty sure someone picked special interest in your stabbing appetite..

Just be careful, that's all I have to say... You made numerous violent threats on this thread... That is not the way to go..

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU by Titusolufemi(m): 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2022
fernandoc:

When you see your Father bring him out and tell him he is saying rubbish.

With due respect sir, You are very mad and stupid for mentioning my father.
You lack manner and your iberiberism is of the highest order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Winners Of The 2019 PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge (Photos) / What's The Difference Between NOUN Certificate & Regular University Certificate? / Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.