Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State (31268 Views)

A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) / Hot From The Farm, Buy Natural & Hygienic Honey From A Beekeeper! / Price Slash...farmland As Cheap As 50,000 In Okaka, Oyo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Nezero(m): 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2022
sulaimon99:
Hello , I'm HoneyMan_Ng

I won't go to in-depth with the migration ( Bees sting us gan ) sad

With all the protection?

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by shantti(m): 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ur work is important for the sustenance of our ecosystem. Keep it up

3 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Arysexy(m): 8:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
happney65:
Never heard of the name Okaka before in Oyo state. Never.

Oyo state is really big. Far bigger than all the states in the SE. Shares boarder with Benin republic and Kwara state through the North via Ogbomsho.

Yo have to bring SE into this and yet you are not factual.

When will you ppl stop these lies and unnecessary dick measurement? When they reply you now, you start crying
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Stmiceel(m): 8:34pm On Aug 30, 2022
Bees go north... I head my west.
I damn hate the sting.
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by ZombieSlayer1: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2022
happney65:

Oyo state is really big. Far bigger than all the states in the SE. Shares boarder with Benin republic and Kwara state through the North via Ogbomsho.
You wont rest if you don't add SE
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by adefitim(m): 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2022
God bless your hustle man.

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Obagofixxy: 8:40pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good job bro
Weldone sir

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by mkoabiola: 8:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
mukthar2000:
Okaka you said? gone are those days when I was schooling at IB during lam adesino them as ibadan governor ,any Ibadan students here can give testimony about that okaka road then , na lowo ori bread we they take they calm the stress then , humm life shaa.
I can relate.
U definitely schooled at poly ibadan saki
Okaka has d worst road then in oyo state
Lowo ori bread is been sold at iseyin
N50 per loaf
Hahahahha
Good old days

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Abolarin91(m): 8:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
God bless you man!

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by otokx(m): 8:59pm On Aug 30, 2022
Nice attires, will need to get some.

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by kozmokaz(m): 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
Viraltrends123:

Igbo man, how is this better than your 2 by 2 shops with fake goods.

Or you that is always on Nairaland complaining about Tinubu 24/7

Wetting consign Igbo for em post
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Kay25(m): 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good job..how much be your original honey

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by bigcee(m): 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
NextPresido:
OP, if tinubu survive one sting from one of your bees, I go vote for am in 2023 grin grin
Lwkmd grin

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by SaturnNick(m): 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
Papertrail11:

Baited/Baiting means when you apply an attractant on the wood hive that would make bees come in and turn it into a colonized home for production of brood and honey as well as other variants...
Ok. I get it. Like putting bait for the bees right. Thanks
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Kelvin2022(m): 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
Useless business shame on him
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by LyfeJennings(m): 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
See work shocked
God abeg

lmao
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Papertrail11(m): 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
SaturnNick:
Ok. I get it. Like putting bait for the bees right. Thanks

Yep

For me I put water wax and honey in a cooking fire hot and apply it towards the entrance and inside with the help of a paint brush.

Some other cheap and avail methods include lemongrass, lemongrass some rub banana peel around and inside the hive works also.

Beekeping is not complicated at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Mom007(f): 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
Dear beekeeper, how do we identify pure honey? That stuff they sell at Iwo road garages in Ibadan... Are they real honey or just sugar syrup?
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by batistutajulio: 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hobbiton:
Nice one there honey man. I love seeing people interact with nature without fear. There's this guy from Iraq I follow on Twitter. He has a big offshore coven, with ostriches, bees, gezelles etc.

Here are some of the pictures

What's his handle?
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Viraltrends123: 9:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
kozmokaz:

Wetting consign Igbo for em post
I said Igbo man.
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 30, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see you going places with this business, I see you exporting honey in large quantities to Asia and Europe, I see the sky becoming your limit.

This I have seen.

But you are a false prophet..... shocked shocked.... How your prayers go work bayi?? angry sad
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by veekid(m): 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
happney65:

kishi to Ilorin is less than two hours drive.

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by tianshie(m): 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
sulaimon99:
HoneyMan

What do you mean by brood honey, and why did you toss it?

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by happney65: 10:22pm On Aug 30, 2022
veekid:
kishi to Ilorin is less than two hours drive.

Omo, less than two hours. Jesu.
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by happney65: 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
Arysexy:

Yo have to bring SE into this and yet you are not factual.

When will you ppl stop these lies and unnecessary dick measurement? When they reply you now, you start crying

This isn't dick measurement or anything of such. It is just the truth. Trying to let you know how big Oyo state is. It is actually one of the biggest states in Nigeria. It's state capital alone,Ibadan is bigger than most states not to talk about the other regions.

Oyo state currently has about 5zones.

Ibadan

Oke Ogun

Ogbomsho

Oyo

And Ibarapa.

All these zones are far bigger than the whole of the SE combined.
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by BaddaMan: 10:37pm On Aug 30, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see you going places with this business, I see you exporting honey in large quantities to Asia and Europe, I see the sky becoming your limit.

This I have seen.

But your name is False prophet grin grin grin
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by jericco1(m): 10:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

Sadly you're a false prophet
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by JASONjnr(m): 10:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
Papertrail11:
Baited 89 top bar hives this last week too was stressful setting it up

Would recheck it this week to see if they are fully baited

Nice seeing more beekeepers in Nigeria, we really need to run numbers and displace Kenya, Uganda, Ethopia, Russia and most esp Ukraine as the top beekeeping countries doing export numbers.

Teach me how to do it.... so I can join in the numbers

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Fujiyama: 11:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
Jobs like these take nerve...and the margin for error is slim.

I think it was some farm in this same state some years back that a university teacher and his wife/assistant were attacked by bees. The man didn't survive the attack.

So...the next time your general manager or branch manager starts barking about errors you made posting into the general ledger...remember that other jobs have zero margin for error. Like the oft told story (yet unconfirmed though) about the UI zookeeper in the 70s who somehow forgot to properly secure the gates to the lion's enclosure while cleaning the place. He also didn't survive the attack. sad

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Papertrail11(m): 11:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
JASONjnr:

Teach me how to do it.... so I can join in the numbers

I learnt most of what I knew from binge watching YouTube really, you can choose to start small by setting aside a disposable amount aside in constructing your first hive.

You can look up designs on Top Bar hives on goggle. I have attached a screenshot below also.

If you are a DIY person you can construct it yourself or consult sulaimon99 to help you get a beehive preferably with a stand. Look for a bushy place that is accessible around you so you can site it. You should have a bee suit and a rubber boot and a smoker which is a onetime investment to protect you against the bees when inspecting your hive or harvesting.

And from there you can be fit to be called a beekeeper I guess. If you have questions you need clarity from you can ask your fellow beekeepers or sulaimon99 or check reddit r/beekeeping.

2 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by JASONjnr(m): 11:31pm On Aug 30, 2022
Papertrail11:

I learnt most of what I knew from binge watching YouTube really, you can choose to start small by setting aside a disposable amount aside in constructing your first hive.

You can look up designs on Top Bar hives on goggle. I have attached a screenshot below also.

If you are a DIY person you can construct it yourself or consult sulaimon99 to help you get a beehive preferably with a stand. Look for a bushy place that is accessible around you so you can site it. You should have a bee suit and a rubber boot and a smoker which is a onetime investment to protect you against the bees when inspecting your hive or harvesting.

And from there you can be fit to be called a beekeeper I guess. If you have questions you need clarity from you can ask your fellow beekeepers or sulaimon99 or check reddit r/beekeeping.

Thank you... I'm just looking for a side hustle and I stay in the town .. I need a side hustle that's adventurous.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna State Commissions Tomato Pack House (photo) / Great Money Making Opportunity: Tap Into This Under Exploited Goldmine / Nasarawa Flood: 10,000 Hectares Of Olam Rice Farm And Mill Destroyed (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.