Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Shettima: Tinubu Govt Will Replicate Lagos, Borno Wonders In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima: Tinubu Govt Will Replicate Lagos, Borno Wonders In Nigeria (24206 Views)

APC Primary: Lagos, Borno Lose Jumbo Delegates / FG Excludes Lagos, Borno, Delta From Cash Transfer As N/W Gets Biggest Share / President Buhari With Governors Of Lagos, Borno And Kwara States In Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shettima: Tinubu Govt Will Replicate Lagos, Borno Wonders In Nigeria by Slurity(m): 8:40am On Aug 23, 2022
The level of illiteracy among our youths despise our passion for tech and social media shows that we hardly learn but just noise

Re: Shettima: Tinubu Govt Will Replicate Lagos, Borno Wonders In Nigeria by Winnersunited: 9:31am On Aug 23, 2022
Trinitycian:

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/08/22/tinubu-govt-will-replicate-borno-lagos-wonders-in-nigeria-shettima/
Says the man that spends greater part of time in Chad where he lives. Always shuttling in his private jet from Maiduguri Airport. Most of his businesses is domiciled in Chad Republic. His greatest achievement...Boko Haram!!!
Re: Shettima: Tinubu Govt Will Replicate Lagos, Borno Wonders In Nigeria by Theoarhics: 10:31am On Aug 23, 2022
leokid866:
what about alpa beta......do you even know what they do there? They are a tax collection agency and there are many......many of them two of my uncle's run tax agencies too, are you going to say I should tell them to close shop because you want the state government which we all know cannot completely handle tax collection on its own to be running around so you are happy? you are going to talk about alpha beta, what about KPMG, what about PWC, what about Delliotte? are you going to tell them to leave Nigeria because you want to be happy? Don't be dense Bruv.......sometimes I wonder if you people just gather together remove your brains and regugetate the hate you all shit into each other's mouth......first it was Tinubu did not develop Lagos, now it is he developed Lagos for his selfish reasons, can you hear yourself? Just pick a lane and stand on it cause you are not making sense......

You sounds stupid trying defend a criminal that doesn't have a traceable legitimate means of income rather than to divert the resources of lagos to his personal use. The most foolish part is that u are even poor and supporting the idiot eating ur money.
Re: Shettima: Tinubu Govt Will Replicate Lagos, Borno Wonders In Nigeria by Theoarhics: 10:32am On Aug 23, 2022
leokid866:
what about alpa beta......do you even know what they do there? They are a tax collection agency and there are many......many of them two of my uncle's run tax agencies too, are you going to say I should tell them to close shop because you want the state government which we all know cannot completely handle tax collection on its own to be running around so you are happy? you are going to talk about alpha beta, what about KPMG, what about PWC, what about Delliotte? are you going to tell them to leave Nigeria because you want to be happy? Don't be dense Bruv.......sometimes I wonder if you people just gather together remove your brains and regugetate the hate you all shit into each other's mouth......first it was Tinubu did not develop Lagos, now it is he developed Lagos for his selfish reasons, can you hear yourself? Just pick a lane and stand on it cause you are not making sense......

You sounds stupid trying defend a criminal that doesn't have a traceable legitimate means of income rather than to divert the resources of lagos to his personal use.
Re: Shettima: Tinubu Govt Will Replicate Lagos, Borno Wonders In Nigeria by leokid866: 10:47am On Aug 23, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

I have said this before but it seems you missed it in my former comments. LGAs creation is an act of National legislation. Just like the state creation. For any local government to be created, the national assembly must tinker with the constitution to reflect such state or LGA to be created in the constitution. But that was not done and OBJ said splitting of LGAs was unconstitutionally, which in principle it was and that is why TILL DATE NO SINGLE ALLOCATION HAS BEEN BUDGETED FOR THOSE LCDAs BY FAAC.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://allafrica.com/stories/200404160669.html&ved=2ahUKEwjj3bKtotz5AhXZ44UKHSfMC1IQFnoECA8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3cYISrTVXH5RDZFKC2Mriy

But the only lacuna that the state governors has which wasn't in constitution is the autonomy of the LGA. Still under the administration of the state government.

Sometimes I just laugh you guys that think you know everything about politics but no nothing but hookwinked those that are not in tune with happenings. Here below is the list of newly proposed amendment to the constitution by the 9th Senate and amongst is the autonomy of the LGAs. I intentionally copied the portion for the LGAs as below with the link:

Establishment of Local Government as a Tier of Government
"The aim is to guarantee Local Government as a tier of government with democratic existence, tenure to remove it from the apron strings of State Governments".

"Also related to Local Government are amendments to change the names of Afikpo North and Afikpo South, Egbado North and Egbado South, Barikin Ladi and to correct the name of Atigbo and Obia/Akpor Local Government Areas".

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://businessday.ng/amp/news/article/1999-constitution-68-proposed-amendments/&ved=2ahUKEwjG8KDfn9z5AhXZ0oUKHUDVA1QQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2D5-d9QqiW-tgkzDLnQSoq

If you don't move from your cocoon don't think what is obtainable is Lagos is what is obtainable in other states of the federation. As at today, how many state governors conduct local government election? In must states, they only appoint TIC and Secretary and no more. They tend to conduct the election at the tail end of their tenure. I think Osun is planning to do theirs in October while his tenure ends 28 November. Even the blind knows that local government administration is paralyzed in Nigeria.

That Tinubu was able to weathered the storm of non payment of LGA allocation was because the state is already viable and there are untapped sectors that can fetch huge amount of money. Let other state try that, if they would survive it.

I asked you a salient question but you've been dodging it. I said, of all the stooge of Tinubu who had had privilege of governing their state, how many of them had replicated what Tinubu did in Lagos in their own state? You've refused to answer that.

This is just to tell you that Lagos is a special state in Nigeria and cannot be compare with any other state in the federation. If Tinubu had govern Osun, he won't have done more than what Aregbesola did in Osun because viability of Osun is not like that of Lagos. No port. No airport. No viable industry. No textile industry. No big market.

Lagos is in a class of cosmopolitan state and cannot be classed as indigenous state because of its many features.

You see where the grasp of issue comes in. I never ask about your age. Read below what I wrote:
" I don't know how old were you in 1999 through 2003 when the LGAs were more functional and it was truly a government closer to the grassroots. You see LGA chairmen executing projects and meeting the needs of their constituent".
Does the above statement portray asking of age or making reference. I thought we are engaging and there is need to put in perspective issues and not to grandstand. Somebody that voted in 1999 should be able to tell the story of governance of that time.

Oga Elenu bebe.......no one is arguing with you that it's the National assembly that helps in creating new LGA, The idea was floated to Obj that Lagos wanted to initiate the process something Obj dismissed and frustrated, of course the assembly looked away when Obj started fuming and Tinubu took another route......as for your Lacuna take a look at section 7 of the 1999 constitution because yes the LGA Is under states but section 7 gives them financial autonomy something that has always been abused by the state governors.......and you keep harping on Tinubu effort to sustain the state and bring it to the future through a financial drive he intiated,...yes...Lagos had more to support it's system but just having those things alone is not what made Lagos survive, if Tinubu did not build on them Lagos won't have survived and be what it is today that is the point I'm trying to get you to understand, it's just like saying because you have fertile land you don't need fertilizer (go ask Sri Lanka what the outcome of that type of thinking led to) and as for the untapped sectors you mentioned when bringing such industry onboard other states quickly copied them, like Lasaa that I mentioned are you saying if he was governor of Osun he won't have been able to come up with the idea? Yes it won't have been as viable bit it's ability to contribute cannot be ignored so drop the hate and show the man so damn respect ............if your own LGA Chairman are not working say so, you can approach them and call them out at your local council brief meetings don't just lump all together and say they are not working, and of all states Lagos has the most free handed LGAs so if yours is not working call them out.
Re: Shettima: Tinubu Govt Will Replicate Lagos, Borno Wonders In Nigeria by leokid866: 10:51am On Aug 23, 2022
Theoarhics:

You sounds stupid trying defend a criminal that doesn't have a traceable legitimate means of income rather than to divert the resources of lagos to his personal use.
lol so somebody that has worked for Delliotte, Mobil, served as a Senator, served as a governor, share holder in a major football club has no traceable legitimate means of income and I'm the stupid one.....boss you need to ask your mother to show you your true heritage cause I doubt your father will hear this come out your mouth and claim you as his child
Re: Shettima: Tinubu Govt Will Replicate Lagos, Borno Wonders In Nigeria by IfnobeGod20: 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2022
leokid866:
Oga Elenu bebe.......no one is arguing with you that it's the National assembly that helps in creating new LGA, The idea was floated to Obj that Lagos wanted to initiate the process something Obj dismissed and frustrated, of course the assembly looked away when Obj started fuming and Tinubu took another route......as for your Lacuna take a look at section 7 of the 1999 constitution because yes the LGA Is under states but section 7 gives them financial autonomy something that has always been abused by the state governors.......and you keep harping on Tinubu effort to sustain the state and bring it to the future through a financial drive he intiated,...yes...Lagos had more to support it's system but just having those things alone is not what made Lagos survive, if Tinubu did not build on them Lagos won't have survived and be what it is today that is the point I'm trying to get you to understand, it's just like saying because you have fertile land you don't need fertilizer (go ask Sri Lanka what the outcome of that type of thinking led to) and as for the untapped sectors you mentioned when bringing such industry onboard other states quickly copied them, like Lasaa that I mentioned are you saying if he was governor of Osun he won't have been able to come up with the idea? Yes it won't have been as viable bit it's ability to contribute cannot be ignored so drop the hate and show the man so damn respect ............if your own LGA Chairman are not working say so, you can approach them and call them out at your local council brief meetings don't just lump all together and say they are not working, and of all states Lagos has the most free handed LGAs so if yours is not working call them out.
You're calling me elenu bebe and you think that is maturity to you. I will leave you to that level.
As you claimed that Tinubu brought the idea of more LGAs creation and OBJ floated it. Thankfully, OBJ had left office since 2007 while is it so difficult for subsequent presidents making it work? As FAAC also been able to allocate monthly allocation to those LCDAs in states that created them. Far from it. I have said in my former comments that decentralization of government done by Tinubu and some governors was a good one but it would have made more meaning if they had used National Assembly instead of the state assembly they used. This would have given it more meaning and still strengthen the local government administration.
I am not too clear about who you said section 7 of the constitution gave autonomy. What I know is between 1999 through 2004 allocation goes directly to local government accounts but after the creation of LCDAs governors hijacked their allocation because the local government has no constitutional backing to be paid directly, which in turned negatively impacted on the administration of LGAs.
That the administration of LGAs is working in Lagos does not mean it is working all over the nation. That is the problem some of you have. That you eat, you don't have concern about another person that doesn't eat. You guys always use Lagos to adjudge the rest but forgetting that Lagos has a peculiar and specific features that no other state has.
You will get to understand my stance when you make your analysis broad base and see it as Nigeria factor.
Re: Shettima: Tinubu Govt Will Replicate Lagos, Borno Wonders In Nigeria by leokid866: 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

You're calling me elenu bebe and you think that is maturity to you. I will leave you to that level.
As you claimed that Tinubu brought the idea of more LGAs creation and OBJ floated it. Thankfully, OBJ had left office since 2007 while is it so difficult for subsequent presidents making it work? As FAAC also been able to allocate monthly allocation to those LCDAs in states that created them. Far from it. I have said in my former comments that decentralization of government done by Tinubu and some governors was a good one but it would have made more meaning if they had used National Assembly instead of the state assembly they used. This would have given it more meaning and still strengthen the local government administration.
I am not too clear about who you said section 7 of the constitution gave autonomy. What I know is between 1999 through 2004 allocation goes directly to local government accounts but after the creation of LCDAs governors hijacked their allocation because the local government has no constitutional backing to be paid directly, which in turned negatively impacted on the administration of LGAs.
That the administration of LGAs is working in Lagos does not mean it is working all over the nation. That is the problem some of you have. That you eat, you don't have concern about another person that doesn't eat. You guys always use Lagos to adjudge the rest but forgetting that Lagos has a peculiar and specific features that no other state has.
You will get to understand my stance when you make your analysis broad base and see it as Nigeria factor.
Oga do you play ball? Have you ever seen where a goal is scored and then the players start washing the net? Tinubu already had what he wanted a decentralized state government, whats the point of going back to the NASS? Why did the NASS not stop other states from creating LCDAS after OBJ left? Why did Yaradua or Jona not go against, it's cause there's no point floging a dead horse........any state that creates an LCDA must plan to fund them.....no one is forcing the LCDA system on anyone.....
Re: Shettima: Tinubu Govt Will Replicate Lagos, Borno Wonders In Nigeria by Blanks1(m): 5:57am On Sep 09, 2022
Diligent1:

Then why your people always blame Tinubu for anything that happen in Lagos State, he also left some years ago.

Like I said earlier on, Nigeria’s biggest threat is bigotry!
Meanwhile, I am not Igbo if you care to know. And I can’t be caught in the web of bigotry. I just want a Nigeria that works.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thugs Invade INEC Office In Agege. Chaos Ensues / Election Results Cancelled In Kano / You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS]

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.