Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda (22207 Views)

KINGS 3(7 Days Of Chaos) / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by floret23(f): 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2022
LAGOS – Renowned author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has disclosed that Nigeria is currently in chaos and requires heroes who can take bold decisions to save the soul of our nation.

Chimamanda, the author of Purple Hibiscus, Half of a Yellow Sun among other literature works made this remark while delivering the Keynote Speech on Monday at the ongoing Nigerian Bar Association, 62nd Annual General Conference, NBA- AGC in Lagos.

In her address, Chimamanda said: “Nigeria is in disarray. Things are hard and getting harder by the day. We can’t be safe when there is no role of law. Nigerians are starve of heroes to look up to. Late Dora Akunyili and Gani Gawehinmi were heroes that Nigerians looked up to before now. Unfortunately that era has gone. I believe that NBA is in a position to give the nation, heroes that we can look up to the lead the nation.

“In this country, we swipe aside injustice in the name of peace. For as long as we did not untie the long rope of injustice, peace cannot thrive. We fail to hold leaders accountable, my experience makes me thinks that there is something dead in this country and I think it is time for collective resolution.”

Notable personalities at the NBA-AGC, include former Vice President and PDP Presidential Candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, former Anambra Governor and Labour Party Presidential candidate, Peter Obi, Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Governor of Plateau State, Simon Lalong, Chief Judge of Lagos State, Justice Alogba Kazeem, past presidents of the NBA amongst others.

https://independent.ng/nba-agc-nigeria-in-chaos-we-must-save-the-soul-of-our-nation-chimamanda/

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by PresidObi: 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2022
Chimamanda will make an excellent choice for minister of education in a Peter Obi federal government.

271 Likes 29 Shares

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by festacman(m): 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2022
No more BS about manifestos. Provision of security is in APC manifesto but Pres. Buhari didn't have practical ideas to back it up. It has economic growth but the current government lack specific functional ideas and programs to drive diversification through massive agric production and processing, exploitation of our mineral and marine resources, and human resources development. It has sports and youth development but the government has no back up roadmap and programs to develop sports.

So the issue is, what practical ideas each candidate has to implement the generic issues in the party manifesto in solving Nigeria's problems?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by HitRun(m): 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2022
Look at the picture carefully. That is how you know where power resides.

HE Atiku Abubakar is the next president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

3 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by SmartPolician: 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2022
PresidObi:
Chimamanda will make an excellent choice for minister of education in a Peter Obi federal government.

Not true. Delivering good speeches doesn't mean having excellent leadership skill. Amanda may make a good information minister or minister of arts and culture, not necessarily education.

We need experienced people with excellent track record and someone to manage them well (young and intelligent president) if we are to salvage this sinking ship.

Personally, I think Aisha Yesufu needs to be given the opportunity to serve so we know what she can offer or do differently.

45 Likes

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by Think9ja(m): 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2022
undecided
Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by colorsofrainbow: 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2022
Laff no gree me grin grin grin
Maybe you will understand better when you zoom grin grin

89 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by Racoon(m): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2022
It is only wickedly myopic people that will not agreed that the present APC government have not only bastardized this country but have dragged it back donkey's years.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by Okoroawusa: 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2022
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the best man for the job of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I feel so

I know so

14 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by Coolsperm: 7:14pm On Aug 22, 2022
Nigeria is in choas, Tinubu is in crisis

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by Antoeni(m): 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2022
Have listened to shettima part the story tru tru wetin hin Tailor and photographer do no good

14 Likes

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by BATified2023: 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2022
The same set of people who can’t even stay in their region are d ones promising us eldorado

If they are this wise like they are trying to paint it now,y is their region still d poverty capital of d south?

The same people who claim to b wise but are being led by a scammer abroad are d ones trying to tell us about wisdom

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by fijiuba: 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2022
Yes good woman. We surely know the candidate you support.

I stand for Peter Obi
I stand for the Labour Party
I stand for Nigeria
Our Labour can never be in vain .

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by BATified2023: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
PresidObi:
a
Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by seandurse(m): 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
grin
Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by ZombieTAMER: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the best man for the job of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
I feel so
I know so
And Tinubu couldn't make it

because he only knows how to chant " it's my turn"
grin grin grin

i headed the event took place in Mars, so it's far from frail Tinubu cheesy

I miss star boy..
he could have bossed the day

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by Kerry111: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
EWEDU IN THE BUILDING

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by Ezehillary(m): 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
where is the bishop of agbado dieose grin

8 Likes

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by Mandesz(m): 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
Buhari
Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by Guyman01: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
Things are really hard, I am typing this while shopping in a super market and it pains me that I have to ignore so many things that would have made the family happier today because of high cost and reduced income.
I even said let me play some bets if I can grab some cash but Chelsea and Manchester City won't

3 Likes

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by BATified2023: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
Racoon:
It is only myopic and wickedly myopic people that will not agreed that the present APC government have not only bastardized this country but have dragged it back donkey's years.
isn’t it funny that d people who dare not go out on Monday in their region are d ones promising us security?

Isn’t it funny that the ones who are d poverty capital of d south are d ones promising us better economy?

The same people who their people are economic scavengers throughout Nigeria are d ones promising us prosperity?

Isn’t it funny that the man who makes a huge chunk of his money from importation is the one promising us to move us from consumption to production?

Y not ask him

Will u kill your business or how to u intend to do that?

The same man that doctors went on strike for good 13 months is the same person making d greatest noise?

Ask him where he kept all d sense when he was governor for 8 years

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by abc115: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
South East in Chaos

They are always wishing Nigeria bad....no wonder they cannot sleep in their region

4 Likes

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by atinga1: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
Before nkọ?
Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by GodsOwnMan: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by pocom16: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
TRUE
Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by Antoeni(m): 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
Out of the 2,000 Lawyers that attended the NBA Conference in Lagos today, 1,900 are from Anambra.

Goan verify.

2 Likes

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by Xabivendor: 7:19pm On Aug 22, 2022
Okay
Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by Frank150: 7:19pm On Aug 22, 2022
Everybody knows that nigeria is a complete failed nation but some people like it like that.. thanks to tribalism and religious sentiments

11 Likes

Re: NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda by casualobserver: 7:19pm On Aug 22, 2022
PresidObi:

ist of all Obi wont win, secondly i am sure she has acquired American citizenship, so she is ineligible for any political post in Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Poem For My Country @ 51 / Mad In Love / The Adjacent. A Crime Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.