Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,714 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe (994 Views)

Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US / 6 Causes Of Smelly Car Exhaust Fumes / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by Raregem9000(m): 7:46pm On Aug 22, 2022
Good evening,
I warmed my car off this evening as i didn't take it out today and look around it, then i notice few droplets of water dripping off the exhaust pipe, please is it normal? Car mileage is 65k.
Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by Bornbiafra: 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2022
Raregem9000:
Good evening,
I warmed my car off this evening as i didn't take it out today and look around it, then i notice few droplets of water dripping off the exhaust pipe, please is it normal? Car mileage is 65k.
what are insinuating..that you are driving a good car orvwhat

4 Likes

Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by Raregem9000(m): 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2022
I want to know if the water dripping off is normal or I need to take it to a technician
Bornbiafra:
what are insinuating..that you are driving a good car orvwhat
Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by tolue42(m): 8:19pm On Aug 22, 2022
It's a good thing!

Your engine is still very sound!
Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by drmuchin: 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2022
Raregem9000:
Good evening,

cc kingreign
HeavenlyBang
autonaero
Philadephia
Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by kingreign(m): 8:49pm On Aug 22, 2022
Raregem9000:
Good evening,

Especially in cold times of the year, it’s normal. It’s condensate that was formed as your engine cooled prior to your starting it.

1 Like

Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by kingreign(m): 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2022
tolue42:
It's a good thing!

It’s not a sure way to determine if an engine is good or not. An engine could have droplets and mist on cold start but next minute it throws a rod!

6 Likes

Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by yyba: 9:19pm On Aug 22, 2022
tolue42:
It's a good thing!

based on nigerians assumptions

3 Likes

Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by alphaNomega: 9:56pm On Aug 22, 2022
Water coming out from your exhaust shows your engine is in proper working condition

1 Like

Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by lilkech(m): 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2022
Even a smoking engine drips water in the right conditions. It’s not a sure sign of a sound engine.

7 Likes

Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by kernniejay(m): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2022
Raregem9000:
Good evening,
Your mileage is 65k? What is the brand and year of manufacture of the car?
Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by Raregem9000(m): 10:23pm On Aug 22, 2022
Corolla 2010. I hardly take it out coz i have spares
kernniejay:

Your mileage is 65k? What is the brand and year of manufacture of the car?
Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by kernniejay(m): 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2022
Raregem9000:
Corolla 2010. I hardly take it out coz I have spares
Ok, you must have bought the car brand new then?
Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by Angrygoat: 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2022
The mileage has been either rolled back digitally Aith the help of an electronic tool either by the crooked dealer. How can 2010 model have 65k. What was the mileage when it was bought brand new. Better check your engine wella,e fit no get oil again. Dripping water or steam no mean nothing foo l.

2 Likes

Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by Raregem9000(m): 10:29pm On Aug 22, 2022
No, not new sir
kernniejay:

Ok, you must have bought the car brand new then?
Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by kernniejay(m): 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2022
Raregem9000:
No, not new sir
Then that 65k mileage is not true. It has been rolled back by the seller to impress potential buyer before you bought the car. Now about the steam from the engine, it is not a problem, it only means that the engine has a good compression.
Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by Raregem9000(m): 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2022
Okay, thanks sir
kernniejay:

Then that 65k mileage is not true. It has been rolled back by the seller to impress potential buyer before you bought the car. Now about the steam from the engine, it is not a problem, it only means that the engine has a good compression.

1 Like

Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by DARLINGTON869(m): 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2022
65k miles for a 13 years old car. Hmmmm...make I comment my reserve
Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by Alvin007: 4:45am On Aug 23, 2022
Y’all should calm down. Most car dealers roll-back their car odometers…it doesn’t mean you can’t still find few honest/actual low mileage vehicles. I have a 2012 Avalon with 98k actual mileage…wasn’t rolled-back. So, anything is possible.
Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by bluedefender: 10:07am On Aug 24, 2022
I believe the water dripping out from the from your exhaust is due to the catalytic converter(aka indomie) doing its job of converting harmful fumes into harmless water.

It doesn’t necessarily mean that engine is sound, it only means that your catalytic converter is intact and working properly.
Re: Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe by kingreign(m): 10:12am On Aug 24, 2022
bluedefender:
I believe the water dripping out from the from your exhaust is due to the catalytic converter(aka indomie) doing its job of converting harmful fumes into harmless water.

It doesn’t necessarily mean that engine is sound, it only means that your catalytic converter is intact and working properly.
Working catalytic converter does cause mist and water drops from exhaust. But even cars that have no catalytic converters will mist and drop water on cold start up. Water misting abs dripping from exhaust is due to condensation forming especially in humid or cold weather.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone With A First-hand Experience On Honda Civic 2008? / Converting A Rhd Vechicle To Lhd / What Are The Process Of Buying A Used Car In 9ija?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.