Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) (23399 Views)

See The Banga Soup N Starch I Prepared This Afternoon. / 20 Of The World's Best, Mouthwatering Soups. Banga Soup Is No 1 (Photos) / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by mariahAngel(f): 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2022
shantti:
I once used ncha anwu to make ofe akwu thinking it was ugu many years ago. The ofe akwu came out tasting like paracetamol.

Maybe your nchu-anwu was inorganic or you used utazi by mistake. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by mrksquare: 11:11pm On Aug 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Nigeria is blessed with varieties of food and soups. This is one of the soups enjoyed by the people of Delta and most other regions.

This is a detailed cook with me video with step by step guide, you can't miss anything on how to make banga soup with this recipe.

Ingredients:

Banga (fresh palm fruits)
Beef
Fresh Catfish
Beletete
Banga seasoning
Banga stick
Yellow scent pepper
Red pepper
Onions
Crayfish
Shrimps
Periwinkles
Bitter leaf (optional)
Seasoning cubes
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRfvboeSmg

Please I want to make a passionate plea that you furnish me with the cost implication you use in cooking this Banga soup. I intend to use your video in doing the practical this week.

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by shantti(m): 3:54am On Aug 24, 2022
mariahAngel:

Ur right, I think it's utazi

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by mannasseh(m): 4:13am On Aug 24, 2022
whats beretete?

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by chypotenti(m): 4:22am On Aug 24, 2022
mariahAngel:

My brother, if I no like good food, na wetin I gain? Hahahaha

Abeg, try am...you go thank me.
The aroma and taste na die!
I go try am

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by WarriAproko: 7:18am On Aug 24, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Oh, thanks for the correction. That's what we have been calling it oooo grin
is beletete in urhobo. This is the real banga soup

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by WarriAproko: 7:22am On Aug 24, 2022
Love800:
Nice one here. Who really is d owner of banga soup. Uhrobo or igbo
urhobo.

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by WarriAproko: 7:23am On Aug 24, 2022
Clay pot would have complete it with a very dried river fish.

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by WarriAproko: 7:24am On Aug 24, 2022
Jalaw:
Too oily.
I've seen banga soup that is less oily
this is sweeter.

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:01am On Aug 24, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
This woman, you dey try. As a foodie, make I go follow your Youtube channel.

Thank you so much and God bless you richly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:02am On Aug 24, 2022
Offpoint1:
I doubt any nairalander can beat my cooking skills

Please show us let's learn.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:04am On Aug 24, 2022
shantti:
I once used ncha anwu to make ofe akwu thinking it was ugu many years ago. The ofe akwu came out tasting like paracetamol.

Maybe you added too much of it.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:05am On Aug 24, 2022
Mystiquefia:
Looks good. But I prefer the one cooked with firewood and served in claypot grin

You can get that in the village.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:06am On Aug 24, 2022
RepoMan007:
These are expensive recipes. When are we seeing how to grow cassava on your roof threads? Hard times calls for hard decision.

No hard times ahead for Nigeria.

We hope for a better future.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:07am On Aug 24, 2022
drdeath:

I want to marry you o!

I don marry oooo, with plenty children sef.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:08am On Aug 24, 2022
Maxwell4404:
Banga soup spices..... The packaged one no na that no be Banga Soup ingredients na, Urhobo and Isoko oh my people, Home sweet home, Real Banga Soup Spices Orogoja, Otico, Dry better leaf, Beletete, na so we dey cook am, with correct Native Banga

I no see Orogoja and Otico for here.
They don blend am dey sell.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:09am On Aug 24, 2022
Judolisco:
Banga soup
Is it for eba?
Is it for garri?
Is it for beans and dodo undecided

Starch or any swallow of your choice. It can be eaten with rice too.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:10am On Aug 24, 2022
chypotenti:
chai!!! As I see the post I know say e go be you, you nor dey disappoint at all...I wan chop abeg grin grin.....coincidentally oo na Banga I wan chow for here so but you fit bring your own join, I nor mind grin grin grin

Enjoy!

grin

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2022
chypotenti:
Nor vex ooo wetin dey inside that plate with that banga stick for the 1st pishure?? Na recharge card?? E follow for the menu?

No be recharge card oooo.

Na the Banga spice I could get here.

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:13am On Aug 24, 2022
Dshocker:

It look really nice gloria, but you didn't add scent leaf and Ugu leaf.

The one of scent leaf and Ugu leaf is popularly known as Ofe Akwu majorly for rice.

This version is for the Isoko and Urhobo people eaten with starch.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:15am On Aug 24, 2022
Love800:
Nice one here. Who really is d owner of banga soup. Uhrobo or igbo

Both tribes depending on the spices used.

Your groundnut soup is coming up next grin

I made it already and it was so delicious.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:16am On Aug 24, 2022
Tonycart:
Please make a video on making ground nut soup. Thanks in advance

Sure, its coming up shortly.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2022
IntelChief:

Wow, this looks delicious.
You really tried. You made it just like my mom use to.

Am subscribing to your YouTube channel and following you here on nairaland.

Our mothers are our pride. We try to keep up their legacy.

Thank you sir.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by RepoMan007: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

No hard times ahead for Nigeria.

We hope for a better future.
Hope that's leading to hopelessness, that's not the type God asked us to hope.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:21am On Aug 24, 2022
mariahAngel:

Some palm kernel produce more oil than others, while some produce thick juice and less oil. I prefer the former.

You are right Mariah!

I mix both to get both consistency.

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:22am On Aug 24, 2022
mariahAngel:

I didn't think about it, that might be what happened.

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:27am On Aug 24, 2022
mrksquare:

Please I want to make a passionate plea that you furnish me with the cost implication you use in cooking this Banga soup. I intend to use your video in doing the practical this week.

Ok, that would depend on the market that's available to you. I did this with about 6k.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:28am On Aug 24, 2022
mannasseh:
whats beretete?

It's a leaf, the women in the market can show you.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2022
WarriAproko:
is beletete in urhobo. This is the real banga soup

Thank you so much.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2022
RepoMan007:
Hope that's leading to hopelessness, that's not the type God asked us to hope.

We are not hopeless nah, it's the dead that don't have hope again.
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by mariahAngel(f): 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

I don marry oooo, with plenty children sef.

Hahahahahahahahaha
Nne ehn!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew / Help On How To Toast Bread / Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.