Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? (2786 Views)

Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Man Forced Into An Arranged Marriage At 24 Shares How He Ends The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2022

3 Likes

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
[s]
DaMayor1:
If marriage is very important to her, then I sympathize with her situation, and I hope she finds the happiness she desires.
Unfortunately you've gone ahead to label the man a 'time waster', but I would like to hear his side of the story. I don't believe any 'sane man' lets go of a good woman.
From my interactions with men who deal with such ladies, a common observation with many ladies in this category is the "Me-Myself attitude". They are full of 'sacrifices', but very little 'obedience'. He sets his vision before her, but she doesn't fully buy in (yet is hoping for marriage to him ). She comes with her own agenda. Her vision cannot see further than the wedding day.
He's asking her for specific concessions. She's full of sacrifices in other irrelevant things, but not in that 'specific thing he asks'. In most cases it's what 'she wants', rather than what 'he asked'. She responds to his many pleas for compromise with "this is how I am....this is me, you either accept me like this or......you can't tell me how to live.....etc.". She knows for sure he is in love with her, and here lies her fatal mistake; she overplays her cards and overestimates her leverage over him. Some men might swallow this and stick around if there's something to gain from her....eg. financial reward, status, etc. But it'll not end well in the long run.
However, when you approach a man who knows what he wants for his family, and you have this attitude, he will likely keep you as a side piece, while searching for that woman who will obey rather that sacrifice. And I know 'feminism' cringes when I use the word 'obey', but it's a fact. No team can function in disarray, and when core values are disregarded.
There certainly are time wasters, but I can tell you, even a 'time waster' might have been won over if her character was right, with an attitude to match it.
Ending, I paraphrase an advice I once received (written by a 'wise' woman'), "don't enter into an egoistic tug of war with a man, because men become more stubborn in front of a stubborn woman. You might win the battle, but lose the war, which is his heart that was loving and caring for you". Unfortunately, many women in this age range are guilty of this.
I wish your cousin the very best! smiley
[/s]

This one lives in a cave

It is widely known that so many men do not like good, reserved, homely girls, they prefer the slay queen, baby girl for life, 100% physical appearance, too much make up induced ladies because to them, the former are boring.

These type of guys usually regret their choices at the end, then they come here to disturb us with their many threads.

5 Likes

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by stacyadams: 7:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
Men self dey under pressure. ...na so I dey hear when are u getting married,, come and marry my sister,,I have good wife material for u... grin grin this tin no easy na woman d feel am pass sha

1 Like

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
yemmit90:
Not wrong sir, I still know 2 around who are 33yrs and 35years respectively who are looking for a man to marry. Besides, Yoruba women rarely stay that long(above 30) except the ones with exceptional bad luck or being coursed. Majority of 30+ Yoruba girls you see around are single mothers.
I know of at least 5 ladies, all of them over 40 who got married this year, so your claim makes no sense at all. undecided

Stop pulling these useless statistics out of your arses to cause panic in the lives of individuals when there is no reason for such. No one is too old to get married. undecided

6 Likes

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by oldienavie: 8:10pm On Aug 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I know of at least 5 ladies, all of them over 40 who got married this year, so your claim makes no sense at all. undecided

Stop pulling these useless statistics out of your arses to cause panic in the lives of individuals when there is no reason for such. No one is too old to get married. undecided
You live in America, so I assume this are Americans , ofcourse the guys these over 40 women married are not single guys without baggages, they are probably divorced/baby daddies.
But why bring American experience to naija, even in America, what percentage of guys are single without baggage and are over 40 years old ?

Thats not news, if the OP was looking for that, dem plenty.

We are talking about single guys without baggage... What percentage of men are single without baggage at 40 years ?

Una nor just dey like to dey face the truth, any body can get married, we are talking of single unmarried guys without baggage.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
oldienavie:
You live in America, so I assume your experience is Americans , ofcourse the guys these over 40 women married are not single guys without baggages, they are probably divorced/baby daddies. Thats not news, if the OP was looking for that, dem plenty.
We are talking about single guys without baggage... What percentage of men is single without baggage at 40 years ?Una nor just dey like to dey face the truth, any body can get married, we are talking of single unmarried guys without baggage.
All 5 women live right there in Nigeria, and none of the suitors was previously married, nor I am aware of any of them being baby daddies. Are you insinuating that all Nigerian men of that age are already baby daddies? undecided

Please stop pretending the whole world is scoped down to your level. I know Nigerian men who are still without kids and holding out even past their mid-40s for the right mate. Calm yourself down and stop spreading misinformation. undecided

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by oldienavie: 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
All 5 women live right there in Nigeria, and none of the suitors was previously married, nor I am aware of any of them being baby daddies. Are you insinuating that all Nigerian men of that age are already baby daddies? undecided

Please stop pretending the whole world is scoped down to your level. I know Nigerian men who are still without kids and holding out even past mid 40s for the right mate. Calm yourself down and stop spreading misinformation. undecided
grin grin grin hahahaa you sabi lie...
I carry yansh for you...
Lai Mohammed will be green with envy.

Having said that, what percentage of Nigerian men are single without baggage at over 40 years old ?

Why are you dodging this question ?
Keep misleading ignorant people ...
Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
oldienavie:
grin grin grin hahahaa you sabi lie... I carry yansh for you... Lai Mohammed will be green with envy.
Having said that, what percentage of Nigerian men are single without baggage at over 40 years old ?

Why are you dodging this question ?
Keep misleading ignorant people ...
Oh, now I am lying because what I know does not correlate with what are baseless ideas you spew instead? undecided

I still know of at least 3 men who are still unattached, living in that same Nigeria, with no kids, and over 40. As for percentage, unless I did an actual count of sorts, there is no sure way to accurately guesstimate these things given the setting that is Nigeria. undecided

As for misleading people, clearly, you are a pro at that since you seem to think that when you speak it, it is true. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by oldienavie: 8:29pm On Aug 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Oh, now I am lying because what I know does not correlate with what are baseless ideas you spew instead? undecided

I still know of at least 3 men who are still unattached, living in that same Nigeria, with no kids, and over 40. As for percentage, unless I did an actual count of sorts, there is no sure way to accurately guesstimate these things given the setting that is Nigeria. undecided

As for misleading people, clearly, you are a pro at that since you seem to think that when you speak it, it is true. undecided
Okay since you have conceeded that you don't know the percentage, I will help you.
less than 10% of men in Nigeria at 40 years old are neither divorced, never married, single daddies.
How do I know this ?
I am not even close to 40 years old and 95% of people from my secondary school are married.
In my secondary school group of 300 people, only 3 men are not married and I think one of them has a kid already...
cool cool If you can ask people around, and sample the percentage you will realise that the percentage of single men without baggage and over 40 years old in Nigeria is very low, I mean very very low.
Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2022
oldienavie:
Okay since you have conceeded that you don't know the percentage, I will help you.
less than 10% of men in Nigeria at 40 years old are neither divorced, never married, single daddies.
How do I know this ?
I am not even close to 40 years old and 95% of people from my secondary school are married.
In my secondary school group of 300 people, only 3 men are not married and I think one of them has a kid already...

cool cool If you can ask people around, and sample the percentage you will realise that the percentage of single men without baggage and over 40 years old in Nigeria is very low, I mean very very low.
I see now! You are an eejit for thinking this how these percentages are drawn! undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by oldienavie: 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I see now! You are an eejit for thinking this how these percentages are drawn! undecided
shebi I ask you, you talk say you nor know, I con give you info now you still dey vex...
Na wah o..[
grin grin
Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Sirqt5(m): 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2022
oldienavie:

How do I know this ?
U are 37 years old , right ? 37 is close to 40 na
Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by oldienavie: 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2022
Sirqt5:
U are 37 years old , right ? 37 is close to 40 na
nah.. 37 ke ?
Even my elder Sister is not 37 years old.
But do you agree that less than 10% of NIgerian men at 40 years old are single without baggage ?
Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by yemmit90: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Why using abusive words when you can easily counter with your opinion or experiences?

Desist from doing this in public.
Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2022
oldienavie:

How do I know this ?

Oh so you agree now that they exist? I thought all your mouth making and constant trash talking was that single men without baggages in their 40s does not exist, now they exist and you know the percentage? You've been to the nook and cranny of the country to know how many they are and put them in a percentage of your choice abi?

All these airheaded nl males sef undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2022
yemmit90:

Why using abusive words when you can easily counter with your opinion or experiences?

But you spilled your statistics out of your asses now, how is that an insult?

If you have no counter argument to spill, why not zip it and move on, instead of being seen as empty.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by NoToPile: 9:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
yemmit90:

Not wrong sir, I still know 2 around who are 33yrs and 35years respectively who are looking for a man to marry. Besides, Yoruba women rarely stay that long(above 30) except the ones with exceptional bad luck or being coursed. Majority of 30+ Yoruba girls you see around are single mothers.

Kindly read what I responded to, it was the northern and southwestern men not the women he was referring to in the part quoted.

Now Since you now mentioned the bolded where did you pull your statistics from.

I personally do not have any single lady above 30 who is a single mother either as a friend, relative or acquaintance, except single mother by widow hood which doesn't count here.

Also responding to your post among my clique of friends most got married over 30,so your analysis that Yoruba women rarely go above 30 before getting married doesn't hold water. I can as well say most Yoruba women get married above 30 which would be totally wrong.

Issues like this do not require generalization and statistics without thorough research. Ones environment, exposure and a lot of other factors come into play

Are there Yoruba women that get married In their 20s- yeah
Are there Yoruba women who are single mothers and are above 30 yeah
Are there Yoruba women who get married I their 30s - yeah yeah

1 Like

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Sirqt5(m): 9:47pm On Aug 24, 2022
oldienavie:

nah.. 37 ke ?
But do you agree that less than 10% of NIgerian men at 40 years old are single without baggage ?

Why are u lying ? U clocked 36 last year in September 2021. Next month in September 2022 u are turning 37 . no go edit ur age from ur thread now , i've saved it for reference

https://www.nairaland.com/6859733/it-too-late-start-looking

4 Likes

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Sirqt5(m): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
oldienavie:

nah.. 37 ke ?
re. ur question , single men at 40 av baggage , same way single women at 40 av baggage . single folks at such age av had experiences , some are reasons y they're single at 40 . no mean dey can't find love again , only harder to find depending on their situation , broke or not handsome
Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2022
yemmit90:

Insult ke? So you no know say you insult what is our intelligence when you pull these numbers out of your arses to serve to us? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by oldienavie: 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
Sirqt5:

Why are u lying ? U clocked 36 last year in September 2021. Next month in September 2022 u are turning 37 . no go edit ur age from ur thread now , i've saved it for reference

https://www.nairaland.com/6859733/it-too-late-start-looking
You must be a clown to think I will provide accurate info on this forum...
I am a Cyber Security expert so best believe, None of the info you can gather on this forum about me is true.

If you dig enough, you'd come accross a thread where someone just like you went on fbi of my posts and concluded I was in Nigeria, needless to say, I uploaded a picture of his nairaland monicker written into the snow(At the time, I was in Europe) grin grin grin .

He was so humbled... I would have posted a link to that exchange here, but the thread got deleted, it was on a thread of one portharcourt scammer guy who said his wife was too short but the lady trapped him with pregnancy.. grin grin

I am sure some people might remember that thread, even made front page sef.
Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by oldienavie: 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2022
Sirqt5:
re. ur question , single men at 40 av baggage , same way single women at 40 av baggage . single folks at such age av had experiences , some are reasons y they're single at 40 . no mean dey can't find love again , only harder to find depending on their situation , broke or not handsome
You don't seem to get the point.
What percentage of Nigerian men are single without baggage and over 40 years old ?

That's the question people have failed to answer.
Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Sirqt5(m): 10:26pm On Aug 24, 2022
oldienavie:

You must be a clown to think I will provide accurate info on this forum...
I am a Cyber Security expert so best believe, None of the info you can gather on this forum about me is true.

If you dig enough, you'd come accross a thread where someone just like you went on fbi of my posts and concluded I was in Nigeria, needless to say, I uploaded a picture of his nairaland monicker written into the snow(At the time, I was in Europe) grin grin grin .

He was so humbled... I would have posted a link to that exchange here, but the thread got deleted, it was on a thread of one portharcourt scammer guy who said his wife was too short but the lady trapped him with pregnancy.. grin grin

I am sure some people might remember that thread, even made front page sef.
Lori iro . no need denying ur age , bro . i no dey Ng myself , no b only u Sir . u av said ur age in other posts 2 . old papa firming youngy, u fit lie for Africa . U r approaching 40 , embrace it .no tell lies for thread think say we b mumus

3 Likes

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by oldienavie: 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2022
Sirqt5:
Lori iro . no need denying ur age , bro . i no dey Ng myself , no b only u Sir . u av said ur said in other posts 2 . old papa firming youngy, u fit lie for Africa . U r approaching 40 , embrace it .no tell lies for thread think say we b mumus
If that makes you sleep at night tongue tongue tongue
But you still haven't answered the question...
What percentage of 40 year old Nigerian men are single without baggage, no kids, never married ?
Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Stargurl20(f): 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2022
I hate this fact that our society sees marriage as necessity

3 Likes

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by main24(m): 8:15am On Aug 25, 2022
The reason why Parents pressurize their children to get married is simple.
The wedding is for them (the Parents), they believe it will make them happier. The marriage is for their children, whether it will make you happy or not is your business.
All humans are selfish.

So for the lady being pressurized; Whose happiness is more important to you? your Parents or yours?

4 Likes

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by emmanuelbrown26: 8:45am On Aug 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Some are fucking old to get married aunty, stop giving dem hope, most especially people like @Blessedmercy8
Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 25, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Some are fucking old to get married aunty, stop giving dem hope, most especially people like @Blessedmercy8

Lol... Keep seeking my attention.

1 Like

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by pocohantas(f): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2022
Sirqt5:
Lori iro . no need denying ur age , bro . i no dey Ng myself , no b only u Sir . u av said ur said in other posts 2 . old papa firming youngy, u fit lie for Africa . U r approaching 40 , embrace it .no tell lies for thread think say we b mumus

Welcome to Nairaland o. He isn’t young himself. He went through a lot to find a partner, but he is here doing chochocho. This life ehn!

main24:
The reason why Parents pressurize their children to get married is simple.
The wedding is for them (the Parents), they believe it will make them happier. The marriage is for their children, whether it will make you happy or not is your business.
All humans are selfish.

So for the lady being pressurized; Whose happiness is more important to you? your Parents or yours?

Deep!!!!

5 Likes

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by emmanuelbrown26: 9:02am On Aug 25, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Lol... Keep seeking my attention.
I don't need ur fucking attention, attention from old cargo?
Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by pocohantas(f): 9:02am On Aug 25, 2022
NoToPile:

I don't know about the northerners but for the s/west your analysis is wrong.

@30 years?

Even the Northerners he is talking about, they marry early, but they don’t mind to divorce and remarry thrice before they are 40. It is normal to them and one of my greatest culture shock in 2021.

This life no get manual. A good partner is blis. Women should be realistic about their expectations, ensure they are indeed desirable and wait.

6 Likes

Re: How Do Ladies Cope With Pressure Of Marriage At 35 Years? by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 25, 2022
NoToPile:

I don't know about the northerners but for the s/west your analysis is wrong.

@30 years?

Don't mind the ignorant noise maker. I don't know how someone so clueless and ignorant will be so bold in expressing his ignorance and folly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would U Enjoy Being An Only Child, Only Male Or Female In Your Family / Help :The Women My Dad Is Sleeping With Have Started To Threaten My Mum / I'm So Confused And Depressed Over This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.