Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business (24753 Views)

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? / How To Get A High Paying Job In 4 Months In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Stevenbright(m): 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:
Good day everyone please i need your candid advise and opinion

Am about to leave my bank job of seven years with a salary of 100k for a new business note the business has already been set up already

my fears is that am married and you know what that means i have ready responsibilities. so am now having fears that what of it doesn't work (which have been praying about seriously).

probably the fears is just in my head. your opinion please

Start your business and for the main time, act as a supervisor and manager. Go to your work and when you close from there, go straight to the bakery business and stay there to oversee things.

For this to work, get a competent person to run it technically and administratively full time for the time being.

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Pimine: 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Am about to leave my bank job of seven years with a salary of 100k for a new business note the business has already been set up already

my fears is that am married and you know what that means i have ready responsibilities. so am now having fears that what of it doesn't work (which have been praying about seriously).

Here to learn. I have always wanted to own a fancy bakery but I don't know jackshit about the business.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by bigiyaro(m): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
Do your market survey, buy and taste other breads first. Know their weights ( very important) solve any power issues, i.e be sure of steady power cos power failures mid production can swiftly lead to big losses, choose your target market carefully, high class areas prefer jumbo loaves, clean and sliced. Middle class areas and slums prefer medium to small loaves (not really minding the taste) they just want the stomach filled. Lastly dm me, I can get you a superb recipe.

2 Likes

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by BalticGold: 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
Why did you open the business if you were not sure if it will fly. Confidence plays a huge part in sole proprietorship, you must believe in yourself and the prospect of your business.

As a newbie in the business, you should manage it yourself, so that you can know the ropes before handing over to anybody, if not all you will be doing is poverty alliviation.

To break even in bakery business you must have a good distribution network.
A means to push out your products to the retailers.

Good luck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by bravehost4u(m): 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
northbird:

What's your wife doing? Is she currently working...
You can test waters for 3 months by getting your wife to oversee the bakery for two days ( Tuesday and Thursday). You will run staggered production... For now operate strictly 3 or 4 day week cycle.

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
While you take over weekends ( sat & Sun)

See how it goes for the 3 months,then you decide whether to go full scale.
Target the retail end... ₦100,150,200 ₦500. units of bread move faster... ₦150 and ₦200 especially if you live in a youth dominant environment.

Congrats chief, bread money is daily money..
So much wisdom

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by wahles(m): 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Whatever you choose to do! Believe so much in it, find ways to make it better everyday and you should be good. It is a wonderful step, I would say.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by tholhusomhie: 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
It's a surer way. Just ensure to go with a superior determination to succeed in it and you will. May u find grace to prosper therein.

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Saintinoo(m): 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
Minjim:
Bakers are cashing out these days.

Imagine a loaf of bread for 1k. Bake 100. That 100k

A bag of flour is 29k, bag of sugar is 32k, a litre of gas is 900... they don't really make it anymore, and mind you, you have to replace any bread not sold by your customer.

2 Likes

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by bonnyhope: 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Pls go ahead

You are on the right path

By the power of the most high God, I command that spirit of fear from you in the name of Jesus!!
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by SocialJustice: 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

You have already implemented the only advice I have for you. Which is to start the bakery as a side hustle. I understand your fear of business collapse. Do not stop your job, look for a way to make the bakery work without you always being there. The business environment in Nigeria is very hostile.

2 Likes

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by jaxxy(m): 1:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Dont resign not untill ur business is running and yielding enough profit and stable income.

A bakery Is a business ur wife or an experienced young bakery staff can run on ur behalf till u can access the potential profitability and decide if its worth resigning.

Note:
Leaving ur job for ur new business is still relying on 1 source of income and even an untested source of income for that matter meaning its not yet reliable.

2 Likes

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by seunak2016: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
Goodmanamen:
Please don't leave the 100k job ooo

Bakery is a nepa kind of business not stable oo

I even sold my own out sef cry
what happened ? why you sell your own? were you absent in the production ?maybe your former worker stealing your flour
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by emmykk(m): 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Instead of leaving the job test run it with your wife as manager before leaving the bank job to face the bakery business
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by bonnyhope: 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
tnerro1:
Start sharp sharp, inflation is killing the salary earners ooooo

True talk

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by victorazy(m): 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

People survive with 100k job? cry
I did 100k job since 2009
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by pocohantas(f): 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
CzarChris:
Best decision ever, I was discussing with a friend about this last night. Salary earning no matter how good it is, isn't worth it. I've not received salaries for some months now, Thank God for my consulting gig that has helped me not turn into a beggar. With months of no salary, even if my salaries get paid tomorrow, I'm going to concentrate on my consultancy services and probably expand into other businesses. I now see my main job as a side hustle.

My experience though.

Make una dey calm down with motivational speech abeg. Salary pass salary.

2 Likes

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Peritome: 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Have you carried out the feasibility study? In this administration, I'll advise you suspend such plan for now. Bakery items keep increasing daily if not weekly.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by backtovillage: 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
OP. If that is what you want plz go for it but don't leave the bank job for any reason.
You should consider the bakery as your side hustle cos if there is loss in one the other can sustain u
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Peritome: 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
aylive02:
grin

Have you considered the pros and cons? If you are sure to have saved enough, please leave the bank job. From my experience, the bakery business no be for the faint-hearted o.

Good point! I just hope he considers the pros & cons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by NaijaCover(m): 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

What type of Business Is that?
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by CrateofBeer: 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
Minjim:

Typical layman analysis

"Imagine a loaf of bread for 1k. Bake 100. That 100k "

What about production cost
Raw materials
Labour
Diesel to power machines
Marketing
Packagings
Transportation from one retailers to another.
Tax

You think say na moimoi. To just dey calculate 1000*100

Note: 3 to 5 days this bread is gone! Already spoilt. You have just 3 days else you're in loss.
Infact Nigerians only like today's bread. Once it's not soft as today bread, they will drop it and pick next one.

8 Likes

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by liverpudian9(m): 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
That money wet u save get more to it and travel out forget bakery
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by wunmi590(m): 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
northbird:

What's your wife doing? Is she currently working...
You can test waters for 3 months by getting your wife to oversee the bakery for two days ( Tuesday and Thursday). You will run staggered production... For now operate strictly 3 or 4 day week cycle.

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
While you take over weekends ( sat & Sun)

See how it goes for the 3 months,then you decide whether to go full scale.
Target the retail end... ₦100,150,200 ₦500. units of bread move faster... ₦150 and ₦200 especially if you live in a youth dominant environment.

Congrats chief, bread money is daily money..

You speak intelligently
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by SMARTMOTORS(m): 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2022
Our people use to say that "before you throw away dirty water make sure you have a clean one to replace it"....
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by deratus: 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2022
Bread production is a very lucrative business

boss we have all bakery machines ranging from ovens to mixers to bread slicers etc. 08032956193.

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by justmi1: 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2022
I left my job with same salary 2 yrs ago to start same business ( bakery) and I have about 20 workers now. For me, I had over 5yrs experience in the industry before I started mine. And I can tell you the business is not easy and lots of ever dynamic parameters are involved,but if you are dogged and ready to look older than your age then you are good to go.

3 Likes

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Phraences: 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2022
Minjim:

Na so e easy!!! Haba!!
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by achimendy(m): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Nothing pays like your own personal business, but don't just quit like that, make she the business is strong to some extent b4 quitting.

Is all about preparation.
So make sure you do the needful.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by FUTURE20(m): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2022
Please don't resign from your Job, let the bakery be your side hustle.

Kindly note that for you to make any profit at all you have to produce at least 3 bags of flour per day. Anything less than 3 bags will lead to loss.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by femicyrus(m): 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Before you resign, make sure you find time to go and learn how to make bread from start to finish.
Bakers will ensure you close down the business within 3 months if you rely on them as a manager without knowledge of baking

2 Likes

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Timekeeper452: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2022
Don’t leave your salary job until the bakery starts paying. You can employ someone to over see it.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Phraences: 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
Peritome:

Have you carried out the feasibility study? In this administration, I'll advise you suspend such plan for now. Bakery items keep increasing daily if not weekly.

Bakers are crying in the news everyday about rising cost of production. At one time they even wanted to stop producing if i remember correctly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? / N100k Job In Ibadan Or N200k Job In VI Lagos / The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.