Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business (24752 Views)

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? / How To Get A High Paying Job In 4 Months In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by DaddyGngeess(m): 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
The most difficult thing in life is know that thing that you will do in life to make you prosper and the next most difficult is that thing you chose how will you know if you will prosper in it? But I have the answer to this questions. Daddy Geess
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by eyenogoquiet(m): 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
OP I'll advice that you have up to half of your start-up capital first, before leaving that job, na experience I use the tell you this one. Its lovely having your own business very lovely, but the first few months are very testing, very very testing. Please don't quit that Job just yet, make your beneficiary or next of kin know wetin you know about that business, so he/she can and will do what you wanna do for the business; cause if you stop now because you want to solely control the business, not having enough funds in hand to live off then, it will be a case putting all your eggs in one basket.
My own two kobo
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by kenchop: 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
THERES NO MONEY IN BAKERY BUSINESS

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Phraences: 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
liverpudian9:
That money wet u save get more to it and travel out forget bakery

This would have been a good suggestion but how much can he save from 100k in a year for travel purposes. Unless he has been saving all these years.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by colestephan86: 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:
Good day everyone please i need your candid advise and opinion

Am about to leave my bank job of seven years with a salary of 100k for a new business note the business has already been set up already

my fears is that am married and you know what that means i have ready responsibilities. so am now having fears that what of it doesn't work (which have been praying about seriously).

probably the fears is just in my head. your opinion please
It's a good idea to go into business, but also be ready to go hingry
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Peritome: 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2022
Phraences:

Bakers are crying in the news everyday about rising cost of production. At one time they even wanted to stop producing if i remember correctly.

You're right. 100% correct.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Trinitycoy(f): 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Am about to leave my bank job of seven years with a salary of 100k for a new business note the business has already been set up already

my fears is that am married and you know what that means i have ready responsibilities. so am now having fears that what of it doesn't work (which have been praying about seriously).

There is no reason to fear if you had done the needful. You ought to have meet with an expert to write you a viable business plan based on the location market analysis to be sure of its sustainability, then you will know if it will, will not or strategy of managing and controlling the possible problem to surface. I will advise you do if you have not. I mean real plan not copy and past type. Then you will know if you can look for investor to take it or you still kick on. My idea. You can still reach me for more private business consultant. Thanks
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Ndidi2: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

I understand what you mean but I guess that should not be my problem for now when I get to that bridge I will cross it
do not quit ur job for bakery..

I repeat do not quit ur job for bakery biz.

Don't ask me y.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Warmaterial(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
Run the business in the night.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by GistFullGround: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2022

Think of a consistent supply of Flour, Butter & Sugar o.

If Russia problems continue, how do you cope? Nigerian government won't support you.

Maybe you should invest in Transportation because there are always passengers to ride. Buy a sound bus for hire purchase.

Contact INNOSON, they will guide you through. May God bless your hustle...

Just an opinion!

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

You are married. Get your wife to run the business while you still work at the bank. If she is educated, she can keep records of all transactions plus and minus, if she can't manage it while you work, then engage your trusted relation. But whats your location
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by oneMalik: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2022
What are you afraid of ?

Failure ?

If that is the case , damn ! don't quit your paid job for God sake

I ve seen someone here asking if you have considered the pros and cons of your new biz .and if truly you have then I have a solution for your fear .

you know fear of failure has reduced a lot of potential directors to just a gateman .[

No be prayer something it's just about you . cos only a lunatic will believe God will do all thing cos you're responsible for your Acton's and inactions .

if you don't have a standing mirror in your house I will recommend you get one as a determinant factor to your success .
sound funny no ?

wake up in the morning , dress the way you always dress to your office and stand in front of the mirror and if whatever or whoever you see there looks like a DIRECTOR , Then congratulations ! you're good to go . but if you're still seeing a someone who works with other peoples time . don't try it.

After all someone took the bold step without fear to established that place you work .

ABI you no wan be director ni ?

quote author=dennis3888 post=116007045]Good day everyone please i need your candid advise and opinion

probably the fears is just in my head. your opinion please [/quote]
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2022
My bro is possible for you to remain in your job while managing the biz when the biz is self sufficient, you could think of leaving.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by yinkbell: 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2022
CzarChris:
Best decision ever, I was discussing with a friend about this last night. Salary earning no matter how good it is, isn't worth it. I've not received salaries for some months now, Thank God for my consulting gig that has helped me not turn into a beggar. With months of no salary, even if my salaries get paid tomorrow, I'm going to concentrate on my consultancy services and probably expand into other businesses. I now see my main job as a side hustle.

My experience though.

Hello? What kind of consulting services do you run? I have got a job for you. Just let me know the kind of consulting services that you run.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Peritome: 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2022
Phraences:

Bakers are crying in the news everyday about rising cost of production. At one time they even wanted to stop producing if i remember correctly.

A man I know who was doing well in bakery just suddenly sold his bakery house with all the equipments therein.

I did confronted him on why he took such decision that we all see him as successful man in the business. He said, we won't understand & should forget what we are seeing outwardly that bakery business have gone south.

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Iamyemmie: 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

You shouldn’t quit before you start business o
You do your job and do the bakery on the side
Once it booms that’s when you quit your job

Don’t wanna be negative but
What if it doesn’t work out??
Doing the two things is the best thing to do

Employ someone for the bakery
Check in time to time
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Phraences: 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

How much have you saved so far from your 100k salary? In case you experience difficulty in the bakery business, how long can you stay with nothing coming in without falling into depression? You need to think about that. It's good your wife is working so she can assist in case of anything sha.

But since you said the business has already been set up, maybe you can do evening/night baking and get a worker to handle distribution and everything else in the morning while you go to work. I believe you would have done your research about expenses, raw materials cost, power irregularity and all that.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Abyounghammed(m): 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2022
Contact me for generator power atleast 15kva go run ur oven, 08065957691
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by NiceClean: 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2022
Well. Is your spouse working? If yes he or she can be supporting the family now. Manager your fears properly. Meanwhile, if you had save some money that can last you for some months then u can quit your job and move into production of bread or any other barkery but first and formost, go and learn the skills first. If you have to pay for the learning just do it. And do online research and youtube can be of help too. Google all the stuffs about barkery. But try and be positive about it, don't allow your fears to destroy the business even before starting. See you at the top.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Phraences: 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2022
Peritome:

A man I know who was doing well in bakery just suddenly sold his bakery house with all the equipments therein.

I did confronted him on why he took such decision that we all see him as successful man in the business. He said, we won't understand & should forget what we are seeing outwardly that bakery business have gone south.

I hope all these ones still in business are not mixing their flour with something else. NAFDAC is not what it used to be.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Please what do you mean that bakery is not for the faint hearted

Sorry for stepping in to answer another man's question. Flour does not rise always. Be prepared.

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by 2goodbobo(m): 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2022
You never can tell if you don't take the bold step. Go for it bro. The greatest mistake people make in life is not taking risk .
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Treasure17(m): 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2022
aylive02:
grin

Have you considered the pros and cons? If you are sure to have saved enough, please leave the bank job. From my experience, the bakery business no be for the faint-hearted o.
If you have a personal conviction about the bakery business, then go ahead. Just pray about it and seek information from those into such business. Similar thing happened to me around February this year. Infact I was scared like mad thinking what if I fail or people d
won't patronise my business. I listened to stories of those who are in business like Gbemi Olateru and that quenched my fears. Though it was discouraging at the beginning but I'm glad right now for taking such decision. See if the bakery business is your way, you will succeed in it no matter what. 100k is small to what your might get from bakery business in a month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by lildush(m): 2:01pm On Aug 24, 2022
Please do.. if the bakery is yours... Its better than the job.. doh I don't know the incentives attached to your job.. good luck bro.. and cultivate a healthy saving habit.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Rhozabeth(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

A step in d right direction if u ask me! If u are afraid of leaving a paid job then u are probably not wired tobean entrepreneur! U need to start from somewhere no matter how small.
If the likes of Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga were afraid to start, they would never become what they are today. Learn to take calculated risks!!!
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Chiraq77(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

GuY Flour Dun Cost,Make u know wetin u dey do
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Sweetvie: 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
I won't advise you to leave ur 100k job for bakery. You may think they make more money but the loss sometimes is much than the profit. It not easy... You can be doing ur job n look for someone that's going to oversee ur bakery.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by BATified2023: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

one thing I will tell u about business is that don’t expect returns immediately

Make sure u have a plan b or enough cash so that u won’t start expecting money in the first 8 months n most importantly what if d business fails?

I will advise u to get a Corolla first that’s probably if u don’t have a car prior to this time,the Corolla will serve as a plan b n c

While running d bakery u will b taking some time out to do Uber so as not to rely heavily on your savings n if per adventure the bakery business doesn’t work out u will go fully into Uber to feed your family for the main time till u get another business
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Babsakin: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

I'm a baker and I have experience doing it. I just want to ask and tell you somethings. You said you have set it up already, did you do any feasibility study of the area, like how many bakeries are around and the population? If not, do you have some targets customers that are selling breads already and you'll convince to be selling your own too? If not, search your targets customers even if it is far to the bakery location make sure there's a bike or motor that will be transporting it to save cost of boarding or renting cabs.

For a start, do half bag of flour and make sure it is with full ingredients even if you'll reduce it later. share it to the neighbors and customers in the bakery free if you are buoyant enough or subsides the price to attract them.

You don't need to rush taking many bakers now, just one baker and an apprentice can handle half and a bag, and as the demands increase you can employee more hands.

Do not tell any baker you want to hire that you don't know about the business yet.

2 Likes

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by twosquare(m): 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2022
With the present high diesel cost? Are you for real guy?

Better a bird at hand than two birds in the bush...

bad decision, man.
dennis3888:

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Truvelisback(m): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Don't put all ur eggs in one basket. To get 100k no easy ooo. I would advise that u don't leave the 100k bank job yet. If possible, do both or do other business that won't interrupt ur 100k Bank job. Make u no go lose monkey, lose Chain.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Olayetan(m): 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Bakery business is a very nice & lucrative business, you just need to do something like promo or discounted price to get people patronizing your bread before you now start selling at Normal price.

Is it agege bread or branded one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Help Before My Friend / How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? / N100k Job In Ibadan Or N200k Job In VI Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.