Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business (24754 Views)

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? / How To Get A High Paying Job In 4 Months In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by X21: 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:
Good day everyone please i need your candid advise and opinion

Am about to leave my bank job of seven years with a salary of 100k for a new business note the business has already been set up already

my fears is that am married and you know what that means i have ready responsibilities. so am now having fears that what of it doesn't work (which have been praying about seriously).

probably the fears is just in my head. your opinion please

IF EVERYTHING IS SET FOR COMMENCEMENT,
TAKE YOUR 30DAYS ANNUAL LEAVE
RUN THE BUSINESS FOR 30 DAYS WHILE STILL ON LEAVE
DO YOUR PROFIT OR LOSS ACCOUNT FOR THE 30DAYS
IF YOU MAKE UPTO 70K THEN IT IS WORTH RESIGNING FOR

OTHERWISE

GET SOMEBODY TO RUN IT ON PROFIT SHARING ARRANGEMENT

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Sams4(m): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
Take a long leave from work, if they thing no work return back to work �
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by liverpudian9(m): 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2022
Phraences:

This would have been a good suggestion but how much can he save from 100k in a year for travel purposes. Unless he has been saving all these years.
Yes I agree with you
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by kafeii123: 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2022
if you run your bakery well...you make much more than 100k monthly

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Keniwit(m): 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2022
Nothing bad in having multiple sources of income bro..think about it
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Juleeee: 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Please what do you mean that bakery is not for the faint hearted

If you live in Nigeria you should know, doing business now in this Nigeria is a risk on is own.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by akin9ja78(m): 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
I am sure u are never going to regret this, bread nor small for inside life

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by seunadeolu(m): 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Am about to leave my bank job of seven years with a salary of 100k for a new business note the business has already been set up already

my fears is that am married and you know what that means i have ready responsibilities. so am now having fears that what of it doesn't work (which have been praying about seriously).

Just do it!.
Someone already gave you a good advice on starting with a staggered plan (Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun) on a 3 months run.

Also try to get stock ahead of time due to price fluctuations in the market. Also remember the bread market is an highly competitive market, so find your niche, learn and be charismatic with your business dealings with your customer.

Be innovative, try something sustainable and also affordable for the singles and the married. grin

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Allisgud: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
Bread is something else now that is why we see baker running out of bizness, which makes demand more higher,na
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by bigpicture001: 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

I know say na. First bank... All thier staffs don run finish
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by pansophist(m): 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
What is your wife doing?

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Rey11(m): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2022
Bread money is daily bread�
northbird:

What's your wife doing? Is she currently working...
You can test waters for 3 months by getting your wife to oversee the bakery for two days ( Tuesday and Thursday). You will run staggered production... For now operate strictly 3 or 4 day week cycle.

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
While you take over weekends ( sat & Sun)

See how it goes for the 3 months,then you decide whether to go full scale.
Target the retail end... ₦100,150,200 ₦500. units of bread move faster... ₦150 and ₦200 especially if you live in a youth dominant environment.

Congrats chief, bread money is daily money..
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by mariahAngel(f): 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Please what do you mean that bakery is not for the faint hearted

If you're passionate about it, then you have nothing to worry about (Nigerians eat bread everyday).
Your passion for it will keep you going when you encounter challenges. (I can't assure you that if you ventured into bakery business only for the money)

dennis3888:

She's working also and she has no experience running bakery unlike me

Still, get your wife involved in the business. Teach her.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by FKMagazine(m): 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2022
As long as you've done your feasibility study well and home work well
You can go ahead and start... The Lord is your strength
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by bigmax2(m): 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2022
northbird:
pool

What's your wife doing? Is she currently working...
You can test waters for 3 months by getting your wife to oversee the bakery for two days ( Tuesday and Thursday). You will run staggered production... For now operate strictly 3 or 4 day week cycle.

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
While you take over weekends ( sat & Sun)

See how it goes for the 3 months,then you decide whether to go full scale.
Target the retail end... ₦100,150,200 ₦500. units of bread move faster... ₦150 and ₦200 especially if you live in a youth dominant environment.

Congrats chief, bread money is daily money..
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by DEBJOCH1(m): 2:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
I am also 8n your shoes but this is what I did, I set up my own farm, feed my animal before coming to work, when my wife return from school (work) around 2-3pm, she go and feed them, I come back from work around 6-7pm, I go and clean their pen, together we are not seeing the result, if we both, me and my wife should continue 9n this note, in about 5 -8 months from now, one of use MUST definitely leave our paid job to give full attention to the Animal, Pigry for that matter.
I will advise you take your annual leave which is about 3 or 4 weeks, start on Saturday before the start of your leave, work with an expert, please don't think you can start a Bakery alone, because this is a business I am well grounded in. You need to employ a Chief Baker or a Master baker whom you will place on salary or wages, while you serve as a marketer, both of you 'You and the Chief or Master Baker" can start while your wife is by the side learning. As you are doing the supplying aspect to customers for that one month, the end result for that one month will tell you if you are to resign or get another marketer who will take over the supply, or you ask your wife, partner, brother or sister to be in charge of marketing or supply. I worked with a professional baker who have been 8n the business for more than 20 years, yet his boys are still stealing from him. What helped the man is that for every production he knows how much that he on a normal day can make from one bag, when he discovered that the income was diminishing, he had to come to the bakery him self to work with his boys, to cut the long story short, for just that day he was at the Bakery to mold bread with his boys, he was about to cought those stealing from him. He called me aside and say sheybi you see, these are what you should be very mindful of, since your mission is to start a Bakery, you must encounter things like this.
I was expecting the man to sack the 4 boys, his Chief Baker was part of them but he didn't, the only thing he did was to cut 70% of their pay for that week, and the guys continued working with him till today. He told me that if he sack them, were will he get professional bakers like them?. I will not advise you to quite your job sir, though some will be clapping and be hailing your decision but there is more to it than you think. If there is any business any one can venture into expecially in the Western part of Nigeria here, Bread baking is a very strong business, you must be strong to join Master Bakers, Sir, to become a member alone 3 years I went to signify interest they said I should pay N130,000. The N130k was with abeg sef, if you don't join the association legally they will frustrate life out of your life. Stay with your job ooo, if your passion is to go into Bakery, stay on your job, employ Master Baker and a marketer to run the business for you, give them target, when you see how solid the business is, you can now resign to do to supervise. No matter how experience you might claim to be, you can't run a Bakery business alone, you still need a professional along side your self. Thank you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Cocoyamu: 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Why won't it work my brother.

If you can successfully keep your bank job for 7 whole years, then you got all it take to make it work.

It's your personal business bro, I'd die there and also successfully leave it for children if i were you.
Good luck already!

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Cocoyamu: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

If you can successfully keep your bank job for 7 whole years, then you got all it take to make it work.

It's your personal business bro, I'd die there and also successfully leave it for children if i were you.
Good luck already!

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Bengs37: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
Please what does it take to become a consultant in ones field. startinguote author=CzarChris post=116013637]Best decision ever, I was discussing with a friend about this last night. Salary earning no matter how good it is, isn't worth it. I've not received salaries for some months now, Thank God for my consulting gig that has helped me not turn into a beggar. With months of no salary, even if my salaries get paid tomorrow, I'm going to concentrate on my consultancy services and probably expand into other businesses. I now see my main job as a side hustle.

My experience though.[/quote]
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Uthmaniyya: 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2022
Continue with your banking job and let your wife handle the bakery business. Thats all
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Sodeeq1410(m): 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

There's nothing as sweet as having your own personal business.

It gives you a lot of flexibilities and control over how much you want to make.

But there's something you should take not of, sir, especially since you're a married man already and responsibilities will be flowing in left and right.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FINANCIAL SAFETY NET,

I mean

It is easier for you to focus on your bakery business when there's no responsibility that is threatening to crush you,

If you have some savings that you can live on for a few months, even if your bakery struggles at first, then I will advice that you go ahead with the idea.

But, if your salary is the only thing that you currently support your family with, IT COULD BE DANGEROUS TO LEAVE IT AT THIS POINT.

However, you can work your bakery business as a side hustle until you have enough means to totally leave your job
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by ariesbull: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2022
worldclass68:
Bakery (loaf) job is delicate.....especially in Nigeria, not stable at all...u could hit millions in a month and bankrupt (x3) the following month......
If u have anyone u fit trust to help u manage it while u self go dey come there after work and especially in the weekends until u re very sure say hin don stable....

" pls make sure u re nice to ur bakers, its very important, especially if u don't have any knowledge about it all.
you are a terrible adviser...

Life is all about risk and nobody gets ricih earning salary
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2022
Never worry about decisions, always worry about the consequences of your decisions.

Before you quit a job there are some questions you need to answer:

1. Is your side hustle earning more than your day job?

2. Do you have enough saved up for up to a year ( monthly take home saved up for 12 months).

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by InvertedHammer: 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

/
No sane person will leave a paying job to start a business in this present day Nigeria.

Start the bakery and continue with your job. Is it going to be easy? No! If it is, everyone will be doing it. That's what separates winners from losers.

After about 6 months, you should have an idea of what you got yourself involved in without jeopardizing your steady cash flow through your job. As a banker in Nigeria, you should never have one income anyway.

The bakery must be up and running, profitable (or good potential) before you should consider quiting your job.

/

4 Likes

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by chukkystar(m): 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

If it's Your passion to bake and sell, You don't have much problems cos the foundation of the Business is Solid. You will grow and learn don't worry..

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Bengs37: 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2022
[color=#006600][/color] please what does it take to become a consultant in ones field.
CzarChris:
Best decision ever, I was discussing with a friend about this last night. Salary earning no matter how good it is, isn't worth it. I've not received salaries for some months now, Thank God for my consulting gig that has helped me not turn into a beggar. With months of no salary, even if my salaries get paid tomorrow, I'm going to concentrate on my consultancy services and probably expand into other businesses. I now see my main job as a side hustle.

My experience though.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Cocoyamu: 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

Good luck to you already!

2 Likes

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by DEBJOCH1(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2022
I am also in your shoes but this is what I did, I set up my own farm, feed my animal before coming to work, when my wife return from school (work) around 2-3pm, she go and feed them, I come back from work around 6-7pm, I go and clean their pen, together we are now seeing the result of our work, if we both, me and my wife should continue on this note, in about 5 -8 months from now, one of us MUST definitely leave our paid job to give our full attention to the Animal, Pigry farm at that.
I will advise you to take your annual leave which is about 3 or 4 weeks, start your production on Saturday before the commencement of your leave, work with an expert, please don't think you can start a Bakery alone business alone, because this is a business I am well grounded in.

You need to employ a Chief Baker or a Master baker whom you will place on salary or wages, while you serve as a marketer, both of you, 'You and the Chief or Master Baker" can start while your wife is by the side learning. As you are doing the supplying aspect to customers for that one month, the end result for that one month will tell you if you should resign or get another marketer who will take over the suppling aspect from you or you ask your wife, partner, brother or sister to be in charge of marketing or supply. I worked with a professional baker who have been in the business for more than 20 years, yet his boys are still stealing from him. What helped the man is that for every production he knows how much that he on a normal day can make from one bag, when he discovered that the income was diminishing, he had to come to come to the bakery him self to work with his boys, to cut the long story short, for just that day he was at the Bakery to mold Dough with his boys, he was able to catch those stealing from him. He called me aside and say sheybi you see, these are what you should be very mindful of, since your mission is to start a Bakery, you must encounter things like this.
I was expecting the man to sack the 4 boys involved which his Chief Baker was part of them but he didn't, rather he scolded and yeld at them, the only thing he did was to cut 70% of their pay for that week, and the guys continued working with him till today. He told me that if he sack them, where will he get professional bakers like them?. I will not advise you to quite your job sir,, though some people will be clapping and be hailing your decision, but there is more to it than you think. If there is any business any one can venture into expecially in the Western part of Nigeria here, Bread baking is a very strong and delicate business, you must be strong to join Master Bakers, Sir, to become a member alone 3 years ago when I went to signify interest to join them, I was told to pay N130,000. The N130k was with abeg sef, if you don't join the association legally they will frustrate life out of your life. Stay with your job ooo, if your passion is to go into Bakery, stay on your job, employ a Chief Baker and a marketer to run the business for you, give them target, when you see how solid the business is, you can now resign to supervise your business. No matter how experience you might claim to be, you can't run a Bakery business alone, you still need a professional along side your self. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by babapressy(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2022
Bakery is a good business, you must know the technical know how or else. Test the waters first by giving a trusted person
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by Desusi: 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2022
Who bewitched you??

1 Like

Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by DEBJOCH1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
No sane person will leave a paying job to start a business in this present day Nigeria.

Start the bakery and continue with your job. Is it going to be easy? No! If it is, everyone will be doing it. That's what separates winners from losers.

After about 6 months, you should have an idea of what you got yourself involved in without jeopardizing your steady cash flow through your job. As a banker in Nigeria, you should never have one income anyway.

The bakery must be up and running, profitable (or good potential) before you should consider quiting your job.

/
. Your summation is very deceptive, you mean one shouldn't quite his job to start a this business, untill his/side business can pay twice is Salary?, It means you will have to work for years to achieve that. Once your side hustle 2gich you put less than the full time you 8nvested on your paid job can earn you half of your salary, that's a very clear indication that even if you write your job to invest your full time on your business, in less than expected, you will make more than 4 times your salary. You mean I earn N100k as salary and I have a side hustle which I invest less time to and which fetches me N50k in a month?, Guys what am I waiting for?, Why won't I resign and give the side hustle my real time?, Please change your mind set.
Re: Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business by sayso: 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
dennis3888:

combine the two. Bake @night and your wife distribute in the morning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? / How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? / N100k Job In Ibadan Or N200k Job In VI Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.